JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2022Dec 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
40515_1330766741.jpg
Don't worry about avoiding temptation. As you grow older, it will avoid you! - Winston Churchill:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_40515.jpg

Quote: kirkstaller "I'd take issue with that and say that most Christians I know believe that such behaviour [iis[/i natural, in the sense that mankind is naturally susceptible to sin. I certainly consider homosexual 'acts' to be on a par with other immoralities such as sex outside of marriage, sins whereby man submits to temptation.

I don't want to get bogged down in the whole 'gay debate', but I thought it was important to make the distinction between things you cannot change (race, disability) and things you can change with the help of the Holy Spirit (homosexual inclinations).

My ten bobs worth.'"

You do know your avatar was gay don't you? icon_surprised.gifops:

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1318No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2014Mar 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
41569_1357151836.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_41569.jpg

Quote: Juan Cornetto "You do know your avatar was gay don't you?
Yes, Minister icon_wink.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1318No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2014Mar 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
41569_1357151836.jpg

Quote: McLaren_Field "I would however question your last paragraph as it seems to be constructed in a convenient way for you to be critical of homosexuality while having some sort of logical structure to your belief.

If its true that you cannot change race or disability (which patently it is) and you accept that homosexuality is not a lifestyle choice (which you do), then how can and why should homosexuals be expected to refrain from sexual contact for the whole of their lives, and its not just christianity who treat homosexual physical contact in this discriminatory way.'"

The difference is that I believe that homosexual activity is sinful, not the inclination. You can't act black, or Asian, or brain damaged, but you can knowingly choose to engage in homosexual relations, which is what Christians have a problem with. Not everyone feels this way of course, I accept that, but that is the Christian position.

The greatest swindle of the last century is the elevation of homosexuality to parity with heterosexual marriage. I believe that homosexuality is not an equal sexual 'orientation' and that it ought to be classed as a sexual immorality.

Of course I should reiterate that no gay person deserves to be bullied, threatened or hurt because of how they feel. "Hate the sin, not the sinner" is such a cliche but it is very true. I will therefore stand up for my right to tell such people what I think is best for them - after all, that's what the Bible tells us to do.

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman32466No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2018Aug 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
1122_1318449976.jpg
Someday everything is gonna be different, When I paint my masterpiece ------------------------------------------------------ [url=http://jerrychicken.wordpress.com/:k4m40udg]The Jerry Chicken Blog Page[/url:k4m40udg] ------------------------------------------------------ [url=http://www.artgallery.co.uk/artist/gary_kitchen_2:k4m40udg]BUY MY ART ONLINE AT ARTGALLERY.CO.UK[/url:k4m40udg] [url=https://theartonlinegallery.com/artist/garykitch/:k4m40udg]AT THE RIPPINGHAM GALLERY[/url:k4m40udg] .................................................................... [url=http://art-profiles.com/gary-kitchen/:k4m40udg]ART PROFILE[/url:k4m40udg] ................................................................... [url=http://twitter.com/GaryKitch:k4m40udg]On Twitter[/url:k4m40udg] ................................................................... [url=http://www.facebook.com/gary.kitchen2:k4m40udg]On Facebook[/url:k4m40udg] ...................................................................:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_1122.jpg

Quote: kirkstaller "

The greatest swindle of the last century is the elevation of homosexuality to parity with heterosexual marriage. I believe that homosexuality is not an equal sexual 'orientation' and that it ought to be classed as a sexual immorality.

Of course I should reiterate that no gay person deserves to be bullied, threatened or hurt because of how they feel. "Hate the sin, not the sinner" is such a cliche but it is very true. I will therefore stand up for my right to tell such people what I think is best for them - after all, that's what the Bible tells us to do.'"

Your right is absolute.

Homosexual "marriage" is of course not an option, yet, but this country led most of the world in recognising that homosexual couples should be given some legal entity and that is all that the civil registry ceremony offers, a legal title.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5526No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2019Mar 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

.... And there lies the key. Why such reverence for a book written by scientifically unenlightened men ?
Which version of the bible incidentally ? And do YOU take it all literally or are you selective with it so that it sits better with your own personal comfort or agenda ?

Anyways each to their own....

.....as for the chimps, as long as there is mutual adult ~consent~ go for it

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1318No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2014Mar 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
41569_1357151836.jpg

Quote: nantwichexile ".... And there lies the key. Why such reverence for a book written by scientifically unenlightened men ?
Which version of the bible incidentally ? And do YOU take it all literally or are you selective with it so that it sits better with your own personal comfort or agenda ?'"

What has science got to do with it?

I do take what could be labelled as a 'literal stance' on the Bible, but it is actually impossible to read the whole thing literally. The Bible is a compendium of many books, of different genres, written by different authors over 1500 years. For example, the NT uses a lot of imagery and metaphorical language, (especially the Book of Revelation, which is just mindbending stuff if taken literally) and when John referred to the 'lamb' it is clear that he was not referring to a literal animal, but Jesus Christ.

A good Bible believing church can help guide you through Bible study, if you're interested in this sort of thing.

RankPostsTeam
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2018Aug 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
1122_1318449976.jpg
Someday everything is gonna be different, When I paint my masterpiece ------------------------------------------------------ [url=http://jerrychicken.wordpress.com/:k4m40udg]The Jerry Chicken Blog Page[/url:k4m40udg] ------------------------------------------------------ [url=http://www.artgallery.co.uk/artist/gary_kitchen_2:k4m40udg]BUY MY ART ONLINE AT ARTGALLERY.CO.UK[/url:k4m40udg] [url=https://theartonlinegallery.com/artist/garykitch/:k4m40udg]AT THE RIPPINGHAM GALLERY[/url:k4m40udg] .................................................................... [url=http://art-profiles.com/gary-kitchen/:k4m40udg]ART PROFILE[/url:k4m40udg] ................................................................... [url=http://twitter.com/GaryKitch:k4m40udg]On Twitter[/url:k4m40udg] ................................................................... [url=http://www.facebook.com/gary.kitchen2:k4m40udg]On Facebook[/url:k4m40udg] ...................................................................:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_1122.jpg

A good Bible believing church can help guide you through Bible study, if you're interested in this sort of thing.'"

Its actually quite a good book to read, as a historical book, I find myself sitting around in hotel rooms from time to time (quite legitimately I add) and sometimes idly flick through the Gideons book that seems to be obligatory in most hotels (what do muslims think of that ?), you can actually find some interesting stories in there.

Incidently my wife works in a hotel and their group is driven by what idiots write on TripAdvisor (personally I'd ignore most of the rubbish that gets put on there), the other day someone gave the hotel a one star rating because there was no bible in the room, FFS, if you're so desperate and upset at no access to a bible then bring your f'kin own with you. icon_twisted.gif

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman1053No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Mar 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
1359.jpg
:1359.jpg

Quote: kirkstaller "I don't want to get bogged down in the whole 'gay debate', but I thought it was important to make the distinction between things you cannot change (race, disability) and things you can change with the help of the Holy Spirit (homosexual inclinations).
'"

What a load of nonsense. As an active Christian with a gay spouse, I find these attitudes offensive. You are as likely to change your race or any disabality you may have through the Holy Spirit as you are your sexual inclination.

Well done to the club for supporting any campaign to combat such archaic thought.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1318No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2014Mar 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
41569_1357151836.jpg

Quote: django "What a load of nonsense. As an active Christian with a gay spouse, I find these attitudes offensive. You are as likely to change your race or any disabality you may have through the Holy Spirit as you are your sexual inclination'"

The likelihood of something happening is not relevant. In any case, the Bible does not command us to change our inclination, but to resist temptation. As a Christian, you should know that homosexual acts are sinful. I'm not saying this out of hate, but love (Ephesians 4

People are free to believe whatever they want. I really do hope that the club is not going to enforce the 21st Century, politically correct dogma of telling people what to think.

Like I said in a previous post, bullying is not on. But the club (and the government) cannot tell people what to think.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5526No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2019Mar 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: kirkstaller "What has science got to do with it?

I do take what could be labelled as a 'literal stance' on the Bible, but it is actually impossible to read the whole thing literally. The Bible is a compendium of many books, of different genres, written by different authors over 1500 years. For example, the NT uses a lot of imagery and metaphorical language, (especially the Book of Revelation, which is just mindbending stuff if taken literally) and when John referred to the 'lamb' it is clear that he was not referring to a literal animal, but Jesus Christ.

A good Bible believing church can help guide you through Bible study, if you're interested in this sort of thing.'"

Simply science continues to compell bible believers to wriggle and reinterpret their dogma.

Thanks for the offer but I prefer to read books on evolution, geology and other such factual books. Jejune stories about Noah and his ilk I prefer to leave to others.

You object to equal status for homosexuals I object to state, tax funded catholic schools presenting books to impressionable kids that make statements like " we know " that god made us and the earth.
My primary school teacher, wife, struggles every day with that one and tends to insert the more accurate " some believe ".

And yes ....securing a job was the motivation rather than "supporting the catholic ethos ".... Our taxes should not be used for such, or any other, indoctrination.

RankPostsTeam
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2018Aug 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
1122_1318449976.jpg

People are free to believe whatever they want. I really do hope that the club is not going to enforce the 21st Century, politically correct dogma of telling people what to think.

'"

Will you attend any games where the shirt is worn ?

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman1053No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Mar 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
1359.jpg
:1359.jpg

Quote: kirkstaller "The likelihood of something happening is not relevant. In any case, the Bible does not command us to change our inclination, but to resist temptation. As a Christian, you should know that homosexual acts are sinful. I'm not saying this out of hate, but love (Ephesians 4

Both quotes are from letters from early church leaders to contemporary worshippers. We no longer live in those times.

I have no problem with your "dislike" of homosexuality. I agree that people shouldn't be told what to think and I agree with your stance on bullying. What I take offence at is the suggestion that being gay is a "changable" condition. I assume you're only attracted to people of the opposite sex. You won't change to fancying those of the same sex so why would the reverse be true?

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach12106No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2015Oct 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
10393.jpg
OBN Wannabe:10393.jpg

Quote: kirkstaller "The likelihood of something happening is not relevant. In any case, the Bible does not command us to change our inclination, but to resist temptation. As a Christian, you should know that homosexual acts are sinful. I'm not saying this out of hate, but love (Ephesians 4

But are you not also attempting to tell people what to think, sin being an essentially social construct?

Furthermore, I notice you have found two biblical references to explain why you are expressing your views, but no scriptural basis for the views themselves.

I am not religious or gay myself, but I certainly find the bible an interesting text, both culturally and historically. The Old Testament (Leveticus in particular) has clear prohibitions on homosexuality, but even the New Testament advises that we should not be bound by Old Testament law (an indication perhaps that the early Christian church was more aware of it's need to adapt to changing social structures than today's?). Furthermore, to accept Leveticus' prohibition we must presumably accept the immorality of eating fat, eating pork, wearing clothes sewn of more than one cloth, cutting the hair on the sides of your head or clipping your beard?

So, assuming (and please correct me if I'm wrong) that you don't recognise all of those acts as sin, we should perhaps discount the proscriptions of the Old Testament.

As far as I know, no gospel or any other part of the New Testament claiming to be the word of Christ makes any specific reference to homosexuality, without delving too much into the gospels, which are not plausibly all Christ's teaching as they are quite mutually contradictory. Rather, Christ's primary conern appears to have been with love, tolerance and forgiveness. I would see homosexuality as entirely consistent with those aims.

I was also interested to read that you regard the legal status of homosexual civil partnerships as a "swindle." In what regard? Do you accept that the law of this country is essentially secular, and as such requires more than a scriptural justification (even if you can find one) for outlawing a practice?

I'm not suggesting that you shouldn't hold these views, indeed I think it's important that people are allowed to express and discuss these matters and taboos do nobody any favours, but I do think if you seek to persuade others of them, this sort of challenge is important. Apologies that you're being asked to respond to a lot of questions here, but I think your view is not as common, nad certainly not as commonly expressed as it might once have been, which makes it interesting but also leaves few to defend it.

RankPostsTeam
International Star489
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2019May 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
52459_1283239015.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_52459.jpg

Quote: nantwichexile "Simply science continues to compell bible believers to wriggle and reinterpret their dogma.

Thanks for the offer but I prefer to read books on evolution, geology and other such factual books. Jejune stories about Noah and his ilk I prefer to leave to others.

You object to equal status for homosexuals I object to state, tax funded catholic schools presenting books to impressionable kids that make statements like " we know " that god made us and the earth.
My primary school teacher, wife, struggles every day with that one and tends to insert the more accurate " some believe ".

And yes ....securing a job was the motivation rather than "supporting the catholic ethos ".... Our taxes should not be used for such, or any other, indoctrination.'"

I think you're both looking at things too literally. Perhaps read the bible stories as just that. As McF has said, Kings and Queens have and still do use religion to control the masses. Why do you think it's called the King James Bible?

The stories of Jesus' are moral ways of living. The underlying theme is to treat other people how you wish to be treated - equally, with love, respect and forgiveness. Matthew 25: 31-46 sets the bar to what is morally right. The fact that the bar is compared against Jesus is only because he was revered. Personally, I think it's more about being at peace with ones self and others and leading a moral life, rather than entering the gates of heaven.

Apply this theory to people of any sexual orientation and you should be quite happy to let it be.

Whether people are born gay, or choose to be gay is a difficult one. I don't think people are born gay. I think childhood is a very influential time and can affect much more than just the sexual orientation of somebody.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2570
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2024Oct 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
40413_1318079934.jpg
[watching Mackay testing the curry in the prison kitchens] Fletcher: Course, he sees 'imself as an authority on curry, he does, on account of where he was stationed in the army. Rudge: Where? India? Fletcher: No, Bradford.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_40413.jpg

Quote: El Diablo ". Furthermore, to accept Leveticus' prohibition we must presumably accept the immorality of eating fat, eating pork, wearing clothes sewn of more than one cloth, cutting the hair on the sides of your head or clipping your beard.'"
Well that's me up the Kyber pass on Boxing Day. Not only will I not be able to wear my new Champions limited editions shirt, I won't be able to indulge in my usual growler and peas with mint sauce from the Wilsons van! Furthermore I'm going to be looking like a cross between JJB anf Eric Grothe Snr come Grand Final. Pesky religion.

108 posts in 8 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
108 posts in 8 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.8203125:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Game - Song Titles
Wanderer
10m
BORED The Band Name Game
Wanderer
10m