Player Coach7069
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2023Dec 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

[quote="Odemwingie":34o3cs52] I hope his career is over.(regarding danny mcguires injury 2010 play offs)[/quote:34o3cs52] [quote="Ewwenorfolk":34o3cs52] I'm glad McGuire got injured, hope he's out for about 10 months[/quote:34o3cs52] [quote="Bulls4Champs2010":34o3cs52]Price, Civ, Beaver, Moz and Wiki. Peacock is not in the catagory of these special players.[/quote:34o3cs52] [quote="McLaren_Field":34o3cs52] To be fair, their teams are also inconsequential to their own fans judging by the amount of traffic that all the other boards get [/quote:34o3cs52] [quote="Warrington Wolf":34o3cs52]If you win the weekly rounds then without doubt you are the champions.[/quote:34o3cs52]:

Quote: El Diablo "I was simply a little confused by which of our rivals are now doing things so much better than us. Saints continue to set the standards in the regular season, nothing new there, although they are not finding life so easy this year either. A few others are catching up, that will happen in sport, the challenge for them will be to sustain it long term.

Which issue with the academy do you refer to? For me, while the Academy Grand Final wins were very nice, it is the ability of the academy to produce a couple of players a year to feed into the first team squad, and every so often produce a real gem. We don't have the need to find so many as we did around the period when McGuire, Burrow, Mathers, Diskin et al came through (which really wasn't a great period for the club in the first team) but we now have a good squad of home-grown players of varying ages, and we are still bringing players into the first team from the academy, and continuing to compete at the top with them.

The trouble with all the doom and gloom at the moment, not you in particular, yours was just the post I happened to choose to quote, is that I've heard/read it all so many times over the past few seasons. I can't help feeling that, once again, reports of our demise may have been exaggerated.

Incidentally, we did loan players to Super League sides during the golden era around 2003/04, I recall Richie Mathers (Wire) and Nick Scruton (Hull) going out on loan around that time.'"

saints have the hardest run in of all the top teams this season imo, plus they have at least 1 game in the cup maybe 2 so i think saints have their toughest run of fixtures coming into the end of the season,

Warrington Wolves vs Saints

Saints vs WT Wildcats

Harlequins vs Saints

Saints vs Wigan Warriors

Hull Kingston Rovers vs Saints

Saints vs Huddersfield Giants

Leeds Rhinos vs Saints

Saints vs Catalans Dragons

imo saints have to play all the teams that will be in the top 8 on the bounce with perhaps 2 cup games. this will be a real test of how good they are and what kind of depth they have.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member17230No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Nov 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
3043_1291817917.jpg
#frostiesbitches We know who you are.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_3043.jpg

Quote: El Diablo "I was simply a little confused by which of our rivals are now doing things so much better than us. Saints continue to set the standards in the regular season, nothing new there, although they are not finding life so easy this year either. A few others are catching up, that will happen in sport, the challenge for them will be to sustain it long term.

Which issue with the academy do you refer to? For me, while the Academy Grand Final wins were very nice, it is the ability of the academy to produce a couple of players a year to feed into the first team squad, and every so often produce a real gem. We don't have the need to find so many as we did around the period when McGuire, Burrow, Mathers, Diskin et al came through (which really wasn't a great period for the club in the first team) but we now have a good squad of home-grown players of varying ages, and we are still bringing players into the first team from the academy, and continuing to compete at the top with them.

The trouble with all the doom and gloom at the moment, not you in particular, yours was just the post I happened to choose to quote, is that I've heard/read it all so many times over the past few seasons. I can't help feeling that, once again, reports of our demise may have been exaggerated.

Incidentally, we did loan players to Super League sides during the golden era around 2003/04, I recall Richie Mathers (Wire) and Nick Scruton (Hull) going out on loan around that time.'"

I am not saying it is doom and gloom for the first team, or in demise.

I am saying we have an issue with the foundations, which will eventually hit the first team. As I said above, the clubs decision to go with jobs for the boys instead of putting in place respected and experienced personell, when replacing leaving coaches, was a big mistake.

I agree that an academies job is not to win trophies every year. But we are nowhere near that level, we are not even competing against lesser clubs, and that should be a worry. That is a big drop down in the ability of the academy levels at our club. As I said above, IMO that is not down to a shortage of players in the amateur game, far from it. So either we are not picking the right players to come into the club (which considering we have a top scout I doubt), or we are not developing as well.

Producing 2 players per year, should not be an aim. There is far more talent available than that.

When I said our rivals, I was specifically referring to Saints. Again, not from a 1st team level, because I dont think they are that much in front of us, but from an academy level. At all levels in the academy they are far ahead of us, and they have done this despite loaning our better players from that set up for long periods of time. They have damn good coaches at Saints throughout the levels.

Wigan for all their faults with Nobby in letting go thier produced ones, are still producing damn good players. With a different coach they would be a far superior team with the effects of that production. What they have is a good coaching set up at Wigan.

Yes, we loaned out Scruton for a short period, and look at the effect that did for us. Why have we not repeated it at the same level? Why is Watkins pishing around in our losing academy side when he good be out there playing super league for some other team untill is time arrives for us?

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach7069
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2023Dec 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

[quote="Odemwingie":34o3cs52] I hope his career is over.(regarding danny mcguires injury 2010 play offs)[/quote:34o3cs52] [quote="Ewwenorfolk":34o3cs52] I'm glad McGuire got injured, hope he's out for about 10 months[/quote:34o3cs52] [quote="Bulls4Champs2010":34o3cs52]Price, Civ, Beaver, Moz and Wiki. Peacock is not in the catagory of these special players.[/quote:34o3cs52] [quote="McLaren_Field":34o3cs52] To be fair, their teams are also inconsequential to their own fans judging by the amount of traffic that all the other boards get [/quote:34o3cs52] [quote="Warrington Wolf":34o3cs52]If you win the weekly rounds then without doubt you are the champions.[/quote:34o3cs52]:

i have to say it seems like a lot of people still think we have some god given right to win week in week out and if we arnt winning every week the club is f**ked!!

if its not the coach its the squad,

if its not the squad depth, its infighting,

if its not infighting its that the acadamy and youth system has ground to a hault.

if its not the acadamy its GH not spending full cap and not caring about the club and only wanted to make the biggest wedge possible (when in reality he has worked his knackers of to improve everything at leeds)

please people when are some of you just gonna have some faith.

and if you have no faith just try and enjoy the game win or lose.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2666No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Dec 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
24234_1279646873.jpeg
oooh miss jones,theres only one superleague team to shout for and that is THE SAINTS.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_24234.jpeg

Quote: sgtwilko "saints have the hardest run in of all the top teams this season imo, plus they have at least 1 game in the cup maybe 2 so i think saints have their toughest run of fixtures coming into the end of the season,

Warrington Wolves vs Saints

Saints vs WT Wildcats

Harlequins vs Saints

Saints vs Wigan Warriors

Hull Kingston Rovers vs Saints

Saints vs Huddersfield Giants

Leeds Rhinos vs Saints

Saints vs Catalans Dragons

imo saints have to play all the teams that will be in the top 8 on the bounce with perhaps 2 cup games. this will be a real test of how good they are and what kind of depth they have.'"

you left out salford at the willows... icon_rolleyes.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach7069
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2023Dec 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Quote: RIGSBY "you left out salford at the willows...
i said ya last eight games pal

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member7496No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2014Oct 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
icons15f0_files/4862-863FALH-msnicons.jpg
Temptation, greets you like your naughty mate, The one that used to get you in bother, But one that you could never bring yourself to hate.:icons15f0_files/4862-863FALH-msnicons.jpg

Quote: sgtwilko "i have to say it seems like a lot of people still think we have some god given right to win week in week out and if we arnt winning every week the club is f**ked!!

if its not the coach its the squad,

if its not the squad depth, its infighting,

if its not infighting its that the acadamy and youth system has ground to a hault.

if its not the acadamy its GH not spending full cap and not caring about the club and only wanted to make the biggest wedge possible (when in reality he has worked his knackers of to improve everything at leeds)

please people when are some of you just gonna have some faith.

and if you have no faith just try and enjoy the game win or lose.'"
eusa_clap.gif eusa_clap.gif

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member22289
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200322 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Aug 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
4615.jpg
:4615.jpg

Quote: sgtwilko "if its not the coach its the squad '"

A reasonable observation given the squad available for the last two seasons compared to this?

Now that Kirke is out for a while it's to be hoped that JJB and Burrow will be fit to return (to release Sinfield back into the pack) unless Senior (our only strike back) is to be a regular in the second row with Gibson taking his place at centre.

Basically this year's squad is down on bodies and that will inevitably impact on performance this season and continue to do so.

What is the point of Worrall at the moment if Gibson is preferred to replace JJB within the seventeen?

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4482No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2015Feb 2010LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

A dog is for Christmas!:

Quote: FearTheVee "
Would you call that flippant, when referring to Iosia Soliola's recent knee injury?'"

No. I would call it hoping that a players contract is honoured despite being injured before playing a game for his new club.

HTH.

Next.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1919No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2011Aug 2011LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
19366.jpg
[size=150:3ry57yd4]Hold up homie. If you're feeling froggy, Jump![/size:3ry57yd4]:19366.jpg

Smith made the first team shirt his halfway through last year.
Hall continued on his progress from last year to become the leading winger at the club THIS YEAR.
Burgess made himself a regualr over last season to move into becoming a key pack member THIS YEAR.
Ablett went from fringe to 08 regular (thanks to injury).

Watkins, BJB, McShane and Simon Worrall all have/have had the oppertunity to make a first team shirt theres this year. And our production line is screwed??? bah

If anything our problems are down ditching our tried tested method of bringing youngsters through in a fuller more experienced squad to a smaller less experienced squad that forces the youngsters to be ready now without being tested (and having the same luxury of time to adjust) or if they don't then errr... well we didn't prepare for that... coaches fault mentality

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member11377
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2960.jpg
:2960.jpg

Quote: Ouzo "No. I would call it hoping that a players contract is honoured despite being injured before playing a game for his new club.

HTH.

Next.'"

icon_lol.gif

Of course.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5194No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2012Sep 2010LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
17779.jpg
Polska Nosorozec wrote: There aint houses worth 750k in Bradford:17779.jpg

Quote: FearTheVee "

He has more get of jail cards than a Monopoly board that Ouzo!! icon_wink.gif

G1
RankPostsTeam
International Chairman32302No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2018Oct 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
982.jpg
[quote:1pqtnbtj]Every player in our squad could probably earn more money with another club. But they prefer to sacrifice a few extra quid in their back pocket to share special memories. And playing at a place like Old Trafford on a night like this makes it all worthwhile.[/quote:1pqtnbtj] Kevin Sinfield:982.jpg

Quote: tvoc "A reasonable observation given the squad available for the last two seasons compared to this?

Now that Kirke is out for a while it's to be hoped that JJB and Burrow will be fit to return (to release Sinfield back into the pack) unless Senior (our only strike back) is to be a regular in the second row with Gibson taking his place at centre.

Basically this year's squad is down on bodies and that will inevitably impact on performance this season and continue to do so.

What is the point of Worrall at the moment if Gibson is preferred to replace JJB within the seventeen?'"
Your last point is a criticism of the coach rather than GH.

I hope we sign some more players and they come from a back-ground where they are coached about the importance of discipline.

When they get here I hope they remember the coaching they received before their arrival.

Saturday was a microcosm of Bluey's handling of the right centre. 3 players played that position during one game. It was a coching masterstroke.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5194No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2012Sep 2010LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
17779.jpg
Polska Nosorozec wrote: There aint houses worth 750k in Bradford:17779.jpg

Quote: G1 "Your last point is a criticism of the coach rather than GH.

I hope we sign some more players and they come from a back-ground where they are coached about the importance of discipline.

When they get here I hope they remember the coaching they received before their arrival.

Saturday was a microcosm of Bluey's handling of the right centre. 3 players played that position during one game. It was a coching masterstroke.'"

But they dont need a left centre though do they because you said so?

So therefore rotating three shouldn't be a problem despite the fact that which ever this muppet of a coach goes with isnt good enough because you think they just need a decent run in the side!!

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member22289
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200322 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Aug 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
4615.jpg
:4615.jpg

Quote: G1 "Your last point is a criticism of the coach rather than GH.
'"

Not a problem for me, everyone at Headingley from the Chairman down is fair game when the club under-performs.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach24319
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
11400_1493633977.gif
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_11400.gif

Quote: Richie Ramrod "But they dont need a left centre though do they because you said so?

So therefore rotating three shouldn't be a problem despite the fact that which ever this muppet of a coach goes with isnt good enough because you think they just need a decent run in the side!!'"

this muppet the one who won a tri nations and a GF last year?
will you feel the same if he wins the GF this year?

191 posts in 14 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
191 posts in 14 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.62646484375:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Whitehaven
Khlav Kalash
17m
Todays match v Saints
The Speculat
21m