FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

FORUMS > Leeds Rhinos > Four Nations Thread.
270 posts in 19 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2469No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2012Jun 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Charmless Nerk "So when did England/ GB last go in to a game against Australia or New Zealand without a single Leeds player?'"

Not entirely sure.

Possibly 25 Oct 1996 - 2nd Test V New Zealand - Palmerson North.

New Zealand 18 Great Britain 15

GB side:
1. Spruce (Bradford)
2. Hunte (St Helens)
3. Radlinski (Wigan)
4. Powell (Keighley)
5. Sullivan (St Helens)
6. Harris (Warrington)
7. Goulding (St Helens)
8. Broadbent (Sheffield)
9. Cunningham (St Helens)
10. O'Connor (Wigan)
11. Betts (Auckland)
12. Sculthorpe (Warrington)
13. Farrell (Wigan)
--
14. Mather (Wigan)
15. Molloy (Featherstone)
16. Hammond (St Helens)
17. Joynt (St Helens)

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2469No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2012Jun 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: SmokeyTA "Surely it would be the height of 'tery' to judge a touring side on one result. Considering we also only lost be 10 points to the world champions in the semi-finals, and 12 points in the group stages, it is a little disingenuous to focus on a 48 point loss ignoring all other performances.

And also, as you have introduced on one piece of evidence to justify your comment, and going by that, arent you just plain wrong that Tony Smith is the worst ever coach of an England or GB touring RL side?'"

The height of 'rhinos tery' is judging a coach and his tour squad as being the worst ever with scant evidence - before the 4N competition has even kicked off - simply because there's hardly any former 'international loser' Leeds players in the squad and because the coach had connections with the Bulls.

England were shambolic in the RLWC08. Fortunate to scrape a win against PNG, blitzed by the Aussies, 24-8 ahead against the Kiwis only to capitulate 24-36 and soundly beaten in the Semi Finals where the Kiwis strolled it, were never in any danger, and were saving themselves for the Final.

Tony Smith is without a shadow of a doubt the worst touring coach of the worst touring squad (which included 7 Leeds players) ever to set foot in Australia.

Should the results and performances in the upcoming 4N be similarly as poor as in the RLWC08, I fully expect the next installment of 'rhinos tery' citing the lack of Leeds Rhinos players in the touring squad as the reason why - despite their embarrassingly out-of-their-depth p[ii[/isspoor performances in the recent past - and how it's all McNamara's fault.

Feel free to join that queue of tery... I'm sure you won't let me down.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach22777
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2020Feb 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

//www.pngnrlbid.com [quote="bUsTiNyAbALLs":9q9d2t35]Do not converse with me you filthy minded deviant.[/quote:9q9d2t35] [quote="vastman":9q9d2t35]My rage isn't impotent luv, I'm frothing at the mouth actually.[/quote:9q9d2t35]:

Quote: Keith Swiftcorn "The height of 'rhinos tery' is judging a coach and his tour squad as being the worst ever with scant evidence - before the 4N competition has even kicked off - simply because there's hardly any former 'international loser' Leeds players in the squad and because the coach had connections with the Bulls.
'"

Aaahh so the only way to avoid being labelled a 'f[iec[/ikwit' is to be wise after the event? Fair enough, this board is going to be a little boring though if we all simply sit here and sequentially write 'I cannot with any certainty predict the future'

Quote: Keith Swiftcorn "England were shambolic in the RLWC08. Fortunate to scrape a win against PNG, blitzed by the Aussies, 24-8 ahead against the Kiwis only to capitulate 24-36 and soundly beaten in the Semi Finals where the Kiwis strolled it, were never in any danger, and were saving themselves for the Final.

Tony Smith is without a shadow of a doubt the worst touring coach of the worst touring squad (which included 7 Leeds players) ever to set foot in Australia.'"
even worse than sides who maybe lost to the world champions by more than 10 and 12 points? Even worse than sides who lost by more than 48 points to Australia? Can we nail down exactly what criteria you are judging Tony Smith as the worst coach of the worst touring squad ever to set foot in Australia? Because if it is simply your opinion, that is fine, but you are seemingly trying to indicate it has a place in fact.
Quote: Keith Swiftcorn "Should the results and performances in the upcoming 4N be similarly as poor as in the RLWC08, I fully expect the next installment of 'rhinos tery' citing the lack of Leeds Rhinos players in the touring squad as the reason why - despite their embarrassingly out-of-their-depth p[ii[/isspoor performances in the recent past - and how it's all McNamara's fault. '"
Well it would seem a logical conclusion would it not? that if we speculate that the reason for our 08 capitulation was the large Leeds contingent and inept coach removing said Leeds contingent and inept coach should result in a better performance, if it doesnt we have disproved our hypothesis havent we?

Quote: Keith Swiftcorn "Feel free to join that queue of tery... I'm sure you won't let me down.'"
Well considering your only criteria so far for being labelled a f[iec[/ikwit is speculating on the possible result of international RL i cant really deny it can I. I admit, in the past i have speculated on the possible result of RL matches. To my shame i have occasionally bet on the possible outcome of said matches. That must be beyond tery im sure, but William Hill for some reason wont allow me to be 'wise after the event' and avoid my f[iec[/ikwit label.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach11757No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Apr 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
34476.jpg
//peakwalking.blogspot.co.uk/:34476.jpg

This England side drew with New Zealand Maori and Cumbria before this tournament began. You can only judge this England/Great Britain side by when we’ve won.

Rob Burrow was the last player to inspire England/Great Britain to any International series win. I just can’t see that coming from any of our half back at the moment playing for England. I don’t even think we’ll have a Sean Long within us to beat Australia next week.

Whilst this Australian side has had a lot of injuries. It’ll be a big opportunity to anyone’s whose in for the likes of Darren Lockyer and any other regulars because this may be they only chance to shine in international colours.

I hope I’m wrong - I really do.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach11757No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Apr 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
34476.jpg

Quote: Keith Swiftcorn "Should the results and performances in the upcoming 4N be similarly as poor as in the RLWC08, I fully expect the next installment of 'rhinos tery' citing the lack of Leeds Rhinos players in the touring squad as the reason why - despite their embarrassingly out-of-their-depth p[ii[/isspoor performances in the recent past - and how it's all McNamara's fault.'"

There’s that and then there’s the fact that it was a Rhinos player that got man of the series against New Zealand in 2007. Heck it might have been a weaker squad but you can only play with what you got.

The Kiwis don’t tour well over here and we don’t tour well over in New Zealand.

That makes us equal - didn’t we beat the kiwi’s to get to the four nations final with Rhinos players in the side last year?

I think its more to do with what country it played in rather than the players.

If this lot don’t make it to the four nations final this year like last year, then it makes Rhinos players superior.

That’s not opinion - its fact.

[sizePS - Oh and whilst we’re at it AP.

What happened to that town hall step gesture a few years ago you proposed to do with LTID? [/size

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1820No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200718 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Blame the useless fecker England have as coach.
Never in the history of the RFL have they selected such a clueless feckless loser as head coach.

Over the next 2 weeks, English RL will slump to an all time low.

Played 3
Won 0
Lost 3

There is 1 positive though. 33% return on my investment this morning, to be re-invested next week on Aus icon_smile.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2469No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2012Jun 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Congatulations are in order on a 16 point margin turnaround and a marked improvement in comparison to the last time we played the Kiwis in Wellington in 2006.

Like-For-Like Comparison:
2006: LOST 34-4 with FOUR Leeds Rhinos players.
2010: LOST 24-10 with ZERO Leeds Rhinos players.

McNamara might be on to something.

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman9508
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
1157.jpg
It's not how much talent you've got, it's what you do with it that counts.:1157.jpg

I'm surprised you are not blaming the Leeds players for us losing Jeff. If they hadn't been as soft-cocked and got injured, maybe we would have had a better chance eh.....

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach11757No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Apr 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
34476.jpg

Quote: Keith Swiftcorn "Congatulations are in order on a 16 point margin turnaround and a marked improvement in comparison to the last time we played the Kiwis in Wellington in 2006.

Like-For-Like Comparison

2006 was years ago.

Lets go on the last two years shall we?

Opps that wouldn’t suit your agenda would it?

At this rate you’ll be telling us how St Helens beat Australia in 1956.

Keep up to date c020.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach14181No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2024Feb 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
14338_1615904391.jpg
[url=https://imgbb.com/:262vlrc2][img:262vlrc2]https://i.ibb.co/wzj2Z3c/rsz-1bulldogsbanner.png[/img:262vlrc2][/url:262vlrc2]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_14338.jpg

Quote: Damo-Leeds "

It’ll be a big opportunity to anyone’s whose in for the likes of Darren Lockyer and any other regulars because this may be they only chance to shine in international colours.
'"

Lockyer is playing Damo icon_wink.gif

1. Billy Slater (Melbourne Storm)
2. Lote Tuqiri (West Tigers)
3. Brent Tate (Warriors)
4. Willie Tonga (North Queensland Cowboys)
5. Brett Morris (St. George Illawarra Dragons)
6. Darren Lockyer (c) (Brisbane Broncos)
7. Cooper Cronk (Melbourne Storm)
8. Petero Civoniceiva (Penrith Panthers)
9. Cam Smith (Melbourne Storm)
10. Nate Myles (Sydney Roosters)
11. Luke Lewis (Penrith Panthers)
12. Sam Thaiday (Brisbane Broncos)
13. Paul Gallen (Cronulla Sharks)

14. Kurt Gidley (Newcastle Knights)
15. Anthony Watmough (Manly Sea Eagles)
16. Tom Learoyd Lahrs (Canberra Raiders)
17. David Shillington (Canberra Raiders)

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach11757No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Apr 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
34476.jpg

Quote: Harrigan "Lockyer is playing Damo
Thanks for correcting me icon_biggrin.gif icon_lol.gif

RankPostsTeam
International Star5813No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2022Mar 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
icons3ae4_files/4541-162reymo-msnicons.jpg
If your not cheating, your not trying. Barrie Mcdermott:icons3ae4_files/4541-162reymo-msnicons.jpg

Quote: Keith Swiftcorn "Congatulations are in order on a 16 point margin turnaround and a marked improvement in comparison to the last time we played the Kiwis in Wellington in 2006.

Like-For-Like Comparison

these sort of comparrisons on winning margins are a bit pointless, they are completely different teams, conditions, refs, etc,

I am not a fan of McNamara at all but there are several players missing, and while sl teams insist and buying sh*$e overseas players we ain't ever gonna produce the depth needed to compete.

But back to mypoint just to use winning margins as a way of judging our play is a bit short sighted

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach3169No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Mar 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
13707_1295067214.jpg
"Arguably the best Rugby League side certainly in the last 40 years!" Phil Clarke.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_13707.jpg

Quote: Old Feller "Dunno, but at least it won't be our fault if we lose.'"

icon_lol.gif
I'm quite enjoying the arguments on the VT whereby various teams who were represented are trying to justify their players inclusion. Some are even marking the players out of 10 and their 'star-man' just happens to represent their club! What a shock! icon_eek.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach22777
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2020Feb 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

//www.pngnrlbid.com [quote="bUsTiNyAbALLs":9q9d2t35]Do not converse with me you filthy minded deviant.[/quote:9q9d2t35] [quote="vastman":9q9d2t35]My rage isn't impotent luv, I'm frothing at the mouth actually.[/quote:9q9d2t35]:

Like-For-Like Comparison
they have pretty high standards to live up to againts Australia dont they icon_wink.gif icon_lol.gif

and why not use the 18-14 result from 2006 which is just as much a like-for-like comparison which also included 4 Leeds Rhinos players?

come one, you can do better than this, making these wild claims which can easily be proven ridiculous is below you

RankPostsTeam
International Star345No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2011Dec 2011LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Just found out this result from the BBC website.

Haven't seen the game.

If we were going to make the final ( icon_lol.gif ) we really needed to win this game.

aus will beat nz png and us. Nz have beaten us, and will beat png. They both then have 6 and 4 points. We'll get 2 at best by beating png. we go out.

If nz beat aus, then nz have 6 and aus 4 points. Either way aus v nz final.

Gee this international predicting lark is p*ss easy. I'd bet my life savings on a nz aus final.

Too easy.

270 posts in 19 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
270 posts in 19 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.1337890625:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Shareholders Meeting
Scarlet Pimp
Recent
Bulls Accounts up to Nov 2023
Blotto
Recent