FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

FORUMS > Leeds Rhinos > RD 5 | Hull FC (H)
271 posts in 19 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
RankPostsTeam
International Star1423
JoinedServiceReputation
May 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
51233_1315864499.gif
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_51233.gif

Quote: chapylad "Listening to the Agar interview and Luke Gales comments last night.
Gale alluding to the fact Leeds have got the players but something isn`t right.
Also saying he and Agar didn`t see eye to eye.
Is it coincidence that what many of us thought would be a pretty good half back partnership slowly becoming one of the worse in the League?
Could it be the coach is asking them to do things that they do not agree with just like Luke Gale didn`t?
I personally rated Gale and thought him and Sezer would have worked but clearly Agar had other ideas.
Full credit to Hull last night their forwards completely mullered ours.
And considering they didn`t have their first choice half backs playing makes it all the more depressing.'"

Agar churns out the same post match interview wherever he coaches.

When he was at Hull, we trained brilliantly each week for 3-4 years and won nothing!

RankPostsTeam
Fringe Player1233No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 20213 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Agar's masked slipped a bit during the press conference on the club site. Started off the usual guff but when a coach alludes to not flogging a dead horse its pretty clear he doesn't know what to do. Maybe he's different alone with the team but he just doesn't radiate anything when we lose - just a sort of world weariness.

Our squad is short in some key areas, but its a lot better than 2019 when Furner got sacked. We won't need Lui-style signings to turn things around for this season, but its looking very unlikely that things will really change with Agar as coach.

RankPostsTeam
Moderator8127
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200421 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
8082_1359018606.jpg
I really enjoy long walks especially when they are taken by people I don't like!:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_8082.jpg

Quote: Rugby Raider "
Quote: Rugby Raider "Listening to the Agar interview and Luke Gales comments last night.
Gale alluding to the fact Leeds have got the players but something isn`t right.
Also saying he and Agar didn`t see eye to eye.
Is it coincidence that what many of us thought would be a pretty good half back partnership slowly becoming one of the worse in the League?
Could it be the coach is asking them to do things that they do not agree with just like Luke Gale didn`t?
I personally rated Gale and thought him and Sezer would have worked but clearly Agar had other ideas.
Full credit to Hull last night their forwards completely mullered ours.
And considering they didn`t have their first choice half backs playing makes it all the more depressing.'"

Agar churns out the same post match interview wherever he coaches.

When he was at Hull, we trained brilliantly each week for 3-4 years and won nothing!'"

Yep as a long suffering Hull fan watching the game last night and seeing how Leeds looked completely rudderless was reminiscent of the days of games played under Agars tenure (of which we had many). Listening to him he still sounds like the same broken record and I'm amazed he still in the job at Leeds. I really had the game down as a hammering for us with so many out injured and players playing out of position then loosing another 3-4 during the game I was waiting for us to run out of gas and Leeds to come back but there was nothing and no leadership on the field from Leeds.
As for signing Sezer has he actually arrived?

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member7193
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Rugby Raider "Agar churns out the same post match interview wherever he coaches.

When he was at Hull, we trained brilliantly each week for 3-4 years and won nothing!'"

And their lies the problem.
He`s done nothing at each club he`s managed and I would say probably made them worse.
He`s been lucky here as we have had injuries like last season so fans were prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt.
The season before that we were going through a transition again getting the benefit of the doubt.
This season on paper we have a top four squad but had a few suspensions/injuries pretty much like most teams so once again given some leeway it seems.
Somebody somewhere should smell the coffee and get rid.
The worry is there`s nobody that springs to mind least of all Long, JJB and Walker.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member13555No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
3357_1596183529.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_3357.jpg

Quote: Chris71 ".
As for signing Sezer has he actually arrived?'"

When does Gale arrive at Hull? Im sure he signed for you in the off season

icon_wink.gif

RankPostsTeam
Moderator8127
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200421 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
8082_1359018606.jpg
I really enjoy long walks especially when they are taken by people I don't like!:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_8082.jpg

Quote: christopher "When does Gale arrive at Hull? Im sure he signed for you in the off season

He's just taking a short break after doing more in the game against St's than Sezer has done in 5 games icon_wink.gif

In all seriousness as a neutral observer in terms of Sezer I'm just not sure what to make of him, as he seems to be talked about as an NRL star but at Huddersfield he was in the most part pretty anonymous and so far for you guys he doesn't seem to have turned up at all from the games I've seen. Do you think it's down to Agars game plans/training, or him and Austin don't make a good halfback pairing or something else as he never looks that bothered on the field.

RankPostsTeam
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
3357_1596183529.jpg

Quote: Chris71 "He's just taking a short break after doing more in the game against St's than Sezer has done in 5 games
Don’t think he was bad in his first year at Hudds, wasn’t he a MOS contender?

I think the main issue is we are getting battered upfront and can never get ontop of the opposition, we also have a bit of a distribution issue, especially with dwyer in the field so both halves aren’t getting decent service.

Halfbacks always seem to get the blame when often the issues lie elsewhere.

Put lewis Dodd in our team, do you think he’d look like a rising superstar like he does at saints? I very much doubt it.

RankPostsTeam
First Team Player537
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 20204 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
78383_1659778956.png
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_78383.png

Quote: Ex-Swarcliffe Rhino "That game had all the hallmarks of a team that has already given up on the coach.

We stunk, just as bad as anything Furner served up.

There was no heart in anyone tonight, no fight, no passion just a bunch of blokes stood around waiting for someone to magic up something or more often do the work for them. Totally devoid of any effort and with that bench, no hope of sparking any semblance of a fight back.

Shocking.'"

Agar was the same at Hull, we had players that like Fizgibbon, O'Meley, Horne and some decent backs but we had no game plan, at all. When you see Agar, he doesn't give any emotion away, devoid of anger so it is hard to see how his half time talk would have been anything other than that, tepid, insipid and uninspiring. I tipped that squad for top 3, but I did say that may not happen with the current coach, which is proving the case. I honestly expected a mullering tonight, fatigued after a 4 day turnaround, we had no halves, our second row and LF missing, makeshift wingers and we never looked like losing. Don't get me wrong, I am happy - Leeds for the main part have been our bogey team in SL, so a win was brilliant, but we didn't have a lot to beat did we?

RankPostsTeam
First Team Player1511
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 20204 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Chris71 "He's just taking a short break after doing more in the game against St's than Sezer has done in 5 games
I thought he was excellent at Hudds.
I was gutted when they got him ahead of us.
But he's been dreadful for us so far.

BTW - Tui doing well at Hudds at the moment.
Gale gone.
I'm beginning to think there is a major problem between Agar and half backs.

RankPostsTeam
Moderator8127
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200421 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
8082_1359018606.jpg

Quote: Simmo71 "I thought he was excellent at Hudds.
I was gutted when they got him ahead of us.
But he's been dreadful for us so far.

BTW - Tui doing well at Hudds at the moment.
Gale gone.
I'm beginning to think there is a major problem between Agar and half backs.'"

After having to suffer him as head coach at Hull and seeing the same traits in Leeds as we did at here at Hull I think its a fair question to ask if the big problem is Agar. As GrahamBray has mentioned we had some great players at Hull during Agars tenure but we were totally devoid of any creativity or real desire and achieved nothing under him infact we steadily went backwards.

I feel for you (not too much of course icon_wink.gif ) as we've been there with Agar ourselves.

RankPostsTeam
First Team Player1096No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 20204 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: batleyrhino "It’s funny how you often see a turnaround in a clubs fortunes after the coach departs. That doesn’t mean it’s sustainable, look at Wakey post Chester last season to this, but you do get a bounce, which tells me that player attitude is usually at least part of the problem.

If Agar does go this week, then I’d expect to see that bounce against Salford, if he doesn’t and we don’t improve 300%, then it will be too late to save us from a mauling against Saints. I think by the end of the Saints game he will be gone anyway.'"

We have all worked for poor managers in our normal working life and we all know the impact a good manager can have on the people they manage - RL is no different. A poor manager will only ever get the minimum out of their team and that is where Leeds are at the moment. A change of coach would be a great if you get the right coach Watson has shown himself to be a good coach now he has removed the players that didn't by into his ideas/culture e.g. Sezer/McIntosh etc.

Poor managers make poor decisions that are obvious to their team and the underminds their position. Stevie Wonder can see Briscoe and Sutcliffe should never be anywhere near the centre position in a top side but he keeps picking them. Dwyer kills all structured play - in part his presence makes Sezer/Austin look worse than they are. Looked a lot better with Johnson on the field - Dwyer knew that hence his not wanting to leave the field despite his cut.

The bench last night would have embarrassed Wakefield such was the poor quality of its content - surely we have better youngsters than the likes of Thompson and Mellor. What has Broadbent done to not get picked?

RankPostsTeam
First Team Player1096No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 20204 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: krisleeds "Walker - Looks shot. No pace and positioning suspect

Briscoe - He. Is. Not. A. Centre. Dreadful.

Sutcliffe - Also. Not. A. Centre. Was off to Cas before COVID hit and all of a sudden u-turns. Stood having 'banter' with Connor at 31-0 down. WTF?

Handley. Yes he scores tries. That's what wingers SHOULD do. But again positioning is dreadful. Always flying out of the line and leaving huge gaps.

Fusitua - Getting there. Has had bad luck.

Austin - Clear he tries. Defensively not great. But he is at least a bit of X-factor.

Sezer  - Missing again. Much like the second half of last season with Hudds. Commitment?!

Oledzki - Tried hard but is singled out and 2-3 men tackled every time

Johnson - Youth on his side

Prior - Great servant but time has caught up on him

Martin - Not a great game. Missed both kicks.

Gannon - 18. Bags of potential.

Tetevano - Was he even playing?

Thompson - No words

Mellor - A real modern day Ian Kirke

I struggled with the other players as they made zero impact.

We have Jack Broadbent, a centre scoring tire for fun in the reserves - can even get a game.

We have no go forward and i think its not patently obvious Agar is finished. We also have zero pace. When people are runnign at your at pace, you panic and we don't do that the the opposition.

The ONLY good game (barring Warrington as we cant really quantify that due to cards) was the 1st half vs Wakey when Newman played. As soon as he went off, we dropped.

Changes to be made?

Wane for Agar?

Leilua in from Fev (lets have 2 PROPER centres FFS)

A prop from somewhere!

Last night we lost (nearly nilled) to a bang average Hull side, badly, at home. Things HAVE to change or supporters will stop going.'"

Oldeski always seems to get a free pass on here - he offers no go forward and Hull just ran past or through him last night. All this he is playing on one legs crap!! I can accept his mind is elsewhere - if that is the case he should not be playing.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5287No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Chris71 "After having to suffer him as head coach at Hull and seeing the same traits in Leeds as we did at here at Hull I think its a fair question to ask if the big problem is Agar. As GrahamBray has mentioned we had some great players at Hull during Agars tenure but we were totally devoid of any creativity or real desire and achieved nothing under him infact we steadily went backwards.

I feel for you (not too much of course
That's not fair. We had 'the drop off' and give it to Willie Manu, both tactics served him well at Hull icon_lol.gif

RankPostsTeam
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
3357_1596183529.jpg

Quote: Zoo Zoo Boom "Oldeski always seems to get a free pass on here - he offers no go forward and Hull just ran past or through him last night. All this he is playing on one legs crap!! I can accept his mind is elsewhere - if that is the case he should not be playing.'"

With all due respect that’s nonesense. Look at his stats, he’s 3rd on the tackle count list in SL for starters and his metres stats aren’t bad either

Oledski is far from being the issue here

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain5871
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 20178 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
75810_1643888256.png
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_75810.png

Quote: Chris71 "After having to suffer him as head coach at Hull and seeing the same traits in Leeds as we did at here at Hull I think its a fair question to ask if the big problem is Agar. As GrahamBray has mentioned we had some great players at Hull during Agars tenure but we were totally devoid of any creativity or real desire and achieved nothing under him infact we steadily went backwards.

I feel for you (not too much of course
Says it all.

271 posts in 19 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
271 posts in 19 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

1.673828125:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Rumours thread
dboy
15m
Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4
ArthurClues
17m
WIRE YED Prediction Competition Hull KR Away Play Off Semi
rubber ducki
21m
Squad 2025
Nat (Rugby_A
21m
Tonights match v HKR
karetaker
22m
BORED The Band Name Game
Wanderer
23m
Film game
Wanderer
26m
Best Semi
sir adrian m
28m
ALL NEW 49ERS ERA LEEDS UTD THREAD
leeds owl
48m
Championship Awards
Butcher
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
Squad 2025
Nat (Rugby_A
1m
Isa 1 year extension
exiled Warri
1m
Rumours and signings v9
apollosghost
2m
2024 Southstandercom Prediction Competition Play Off SF
FoxyRhino
3m
Leigh it is
NickyKiss
3m
Fev H Play Off
Rafa9
3m
BORED The Band Name Game
Wanderer
3m
Betting 2024
karetaker
4m
Play-off semi-final
BarnsleyGull
6m
rubber ducki
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
Squad 2025
Nat (Rugby_A
TODAY
Tonights match v HKR
karetaker
TODAY
Isa 1 year extension
exiled Warri
TODAY
2024 IMG gradings
Victor
TODAY
Championship Awards
Butcher
TODAY
Season tickets
terry silver
TODAY
Best Semi
sir adrian m
TODAY
Ben Condon is a Leopard
Jack Gaskell
TODAY
Squads - Leopards v Warriors
Deeeekos
TODAY
Any decent RL reads for me hols
norbellini
TODAY
Championship Play Off Final
PopTart
TODAY
Man of Steel
matt_wire
TODAY
Guest appearance
AgbriggAmble
TODAY
Squad for HKR
MorePlaymake
TODAY
Proposed rule changes 2025
leeds owl
TODAY
Fev H Play Off
Rafa9
TODAY
Whose going for a beer in Wigan Saturday
Deeeekos
TODAY
Play-off semi-final
BarnsleyGull
TODAY
Coach of the Year
Howfenwire
TODAY
Greatest game ever at HJ
Fantastic Mr
TODAY
World Club Challenge
Barstool Pre
TODAY
rubber ducki
TODAY
2025 Squad
Jimmythecuck
TODAY
2024 Season Review
Jimmythecuck
TODAY
McNamara interview
Jimmythecuck
TODAY
French Elite 1 season 2024/2025 Thread
Jimmythecuck
TODAY
Butcher
TODAY
2025 membership/renewals
The Dentist
TODAY
Hull FC ladies
Hessle Roade
TODAY
Kai
Cokey
NEWS ITEMS
VIEWS
Warrington Wolves Break Saints..
Leigh Leopards Make Play Off P..
Catalans Dragons Finish Sevent..
Hull KR Secure Second With Vic..
Wigan Seal League Leaders Trop..
Wakefield Trinity Sweep Aside ..
Catalans Keep Season Alive Wit..
Salford Ensure Play-Offs And S..
Ruthless Wigan Thrash the Rhin..
Huddersfield Giants Hold Off L..
Salford Close In On The Play O..
Leigh Leopards Up To Fourth Af..
Leeds Rhinos Into the Six Afte..
Wigan Warriors Defeat Hull KR ..
Wane Names Provisional Squad f..
POSTSONLINEREGISTRATIONSRECORD
19.63M +13,019 ↓-27280,13114,103
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.

When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
RLFANS Match Centre
 TODAY
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R29

20:00
Hull KR
v
Warrington
Latest
 TOMORROW
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R29
17:30
Wigan
v
Leigh
 Sun 6th Oct
     National Rugby League 2024-R31
09:30
Melbourne
v
Penrith
       League One 2024-R26
15:00
Keighley
v
Hunslet
       Championship 2024-R29
Bradford
v
Featherstone
York
v
Widnes
     Womens Super League 2024-R16
16:30
York V
v
St.HelensW
 Sun 27th Oct
     Mens Internationals 2024-R2
14:30
England M
v
Samoa M
 Sat 2nd Nov
     Womens Internationals 2024-R2
12:00
ENGLAND W
v
WALES W
     Mens Internationals 2024-R3
England M
v
Samoa M
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)
Matches on TV
Fri 4th Oct
SL
20:00
Hull KR-Warrington
Sat 5th Oct
SL
17:30
Wigan-Leigh
Sun 6th Oct
L1
Keighley-Hunslet
WSL2024
16:30
York V-St.HelensW
NRL
09:30
Melbourne-Penrith
Sun 27th Oct
MINT2024
England M-Samoa M
Sat 2nd Nov
MINT2024
England M-Samoa M
Sun 29th Sep
L1 25 Rochdale26-46Hunslet
CH 28 Barrow24-26Widnes
CH 28 Bradford50-0Swinton
CH 28 Dewsbury28-8Sheffield
CH 28 Wakefield72-6Doncaster
CH 28 Whitehaven23-20Halifax
CH 28 York16-6Featherstone
Sat 28th Sep
CH 28 Toulouse64-16Batley
SL 28 Warrington23-22St.Helens
NRL 30 Penrith26-6Cronulla
Fri 27th Sep
SL 28 Salford6-14Leigh
NRL 30 Melbourne48-18Sydney
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Mens Betfred Super League XXVIII ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wigan 27 721 336 385 44
Warrington 28 761 341 420 42
Hull KR 27 719 327 392 42
Leigh 28 580 404 176 33
Salford 28 556 561 -5 32
St.Helens 28 618 411 207 30

Catalans 27 475 427 48 30
Leeds 27 530 488 42 28
Huddersfield 27 468 658 -190 20
Castleford 27 425 735 -310 15
Hull FC 27 328 894 -566 6
LondonB 27 317 916 -599 6
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Betfred Championship 2024 ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wakefield 26 1010 262 748 50
Toulouse 25 744 368 376 35
Bradford 26 678 387 291 34
York 27 655 469 186 30
Widnes 26 551 475 76 29
Featherstone 26 622 500 122 28

Sheffield 26 626 526 100 28
Doncaster 26 498 619 -121 25
Halifax 26 509 650 -141 22
Batley 26 422 591 -169 22