FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

FORUMS > Leeds Rhinos > SL RD 7 | St Helens (H)
268 posts in 19 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member13518No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
3357_1596183529.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_3357.jpg

I think the thing is, we as fans want the issues to be simple and easily fixed so we will focus on player A being rubbish, the coach not being good enough etc etc because that seems like an easy fix.

Unfortunately it’s usually a cumulative effect of much more difficult things to fix that’s making the whole set up look bad.

We’ve basically imo got a 5 game mini season coming up, every single one of those games are winnable.

I think realistically JJB will be there for those games

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman9491
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
1157.jpg
It's not how much talent you've got, it's what you do with it that counts.:1157.jpg

Totally agree Christopher, we’re not going to get a new coach starting in the next month I don’t think. The next 4-6 weeks will either condemn us to a season long relegation battle, or give us enough breathing space to not need to worry without ever looking like challenging in the top half of the table.

We need to work on defence first, we must stop leaking points. Use the first half last night as the fourth ration and build from that. Then we can start to stay in games longer and if we take a few chances when they come confidence will increase and we will start to look more cohesive.

It’s a long road back from here and we need to start taking a few steps.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain2528No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 20205 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: mattsrhinos1978 "JJB's presser, if that dosnt depress you as a Leeds fan, then nothing will.

Without knowing he was refering to a professional sports team, you would think he was talking about an u8's team, some of the 'fixes' mentioned should be the absolute bare minimum for any professional sports person

If what he's saying is right, its an absolute disgrace, our squad of players, coaches and management should be ashamed at the culture they've manifested. The coach of Leeds Rhinos happy that the players finally look bothered they're being embarrassed, happy they're finally trying, happy they're talking and asking questions of each other, happy he THINKS they're going to buy in to the fortnights hard work he's got planned, f**k sake...How have things got so bad that these, what should be, absolute unconditional basics, even in a kids team, be seen as progress in one of the biggest clubs in the country, absolutely pathetic.

When we signed donkeys like Donaldson and Thompson we were fed the lines on how they set standards around training,that they're great role models around the place etc etc, clearly total rubbish, our standards are mickey poor and embarrassing, again, if JJBS presser is correct.

He then finishes with telling us that he's always rated Liam Suttcliffe as a half, my god, please just go coach Stanningley and drop Long off as far away as possible on your way.

Anybody involved in this mess needs to be as far away from headingley as possible, players included.

Sorry for the long rant.'"

His press conferences really disturb me. He's all over the place. I don't see how he can motivate these players. He alluded to Sezer bring "angry and upset" at the prospect of playing injured and also said something similar about Fusitu'a earlier in the week. Next minute he's handing out medals and giving a speech about players playing through injury. The inference is: Sezer and Fusitu'a are big softies. I also found his references to the game being "war" pretty crass in light of what is currently going on in Ukraine. I'm sure non of this is deliberate, but to me it's symptomatic of a man who his in way over his head in any kind of leadership role.

RankPostsTeam
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
3357_1596183529.jpg

Quote: ArthurClues "His press conferences really disturb me. He's all over the place. I don't see how he can motivate these players. He alluded to Sezer bring "angry and upset" at the prospect of playing injured and also said something similar about Fusitu'a earlier in the week. Next minute he's handing out medals and giving a speech about players playing through injury. The inference is

He didn’t say players playing through injury he said players playing hurt, subtle difference.

I don’t mind his pressers, i much prefer them than the standard were training well guff spouted all the time.

He’s not going to be head coach but hell be here for a few games yet, as I say i reckon hes got the next 5 games. You nor i know how the players are reacting to him as coach, we will have a better idea after those 5 games

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4895
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
28490_1361478234.jpg
JOHNNY WHITELEY - A TRUE RUGBY LEAGUE LEGEND:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_28490.jpg

Quote: ArthurClues "His press conferences really disturb me. He's all over the place. I don't see how he can motivate these players. He alluded to Sezer bring "angry and upset" at the prospect of playing injured and also said something similar about Fusitu'a earlier in the week. Next minute he's handing out medals and giving a speech about players playing through injury. The inference is

But he'll be cheap!!

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain3615
JoinedServiceReputation
May 20168 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2022May 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: christopher "He didn’t say players playing through injury he said players playing hurt, subtle difference.'"

He said in his Thursday presser he wanted players to play with broken bones and fight thru it.

Im sorry but.....come on.

As Cluesy said he is way out of his depth. His public comment on Sezer was very odd.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain3199No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 20178 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

JJB is injecting positivity. Just ignore what he’s saying, and just focus on the positive energy as it’s the only thing we have at the minute…..

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain3615
JoinedServiceReputation
May 20168 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2022May 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Ignore what he says is about right.

Can anyone please clarify this......club said other day Myler was back in training. JJB said last night he was out for 6-8 weeks. What is going on? Anyone know?

RankPostsTeam
First Team Player1506
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 20204 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Trebor1 "He was very good last year. Looks shot this year'"

Prior is not the problem.
Him and Oledski are being flogged because we have no back up.
We only ever have 2 props available and they are out on their feet every game.

Tbf to the forwards last night, they did OK.
The problem is we are utterly clueless in attack.
Completely devoid of ideas.
No halves or 3/4's with any strike whatsoever.

RankPostsTeam
Fringe Player111No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 20213 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2022Apr 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

I could not go last night but have watched the lowlights.

Last 3 home games, the score has got
Out to 0-31, 0-28 and last night 0-26.
I know we were missing quite a few but was left wondering were Saints actually resting some beforehand cup game v Catalan.

I’ve just been praying to Beelzebub that JJB is not trying to tell us that Sutcliffe is the new half of choice.
What a mess.

I agree with what Arthur C said above. No idea about Myler but I think he would improve the leadership a lot.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach3243No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Marty Grrrrrrrrrr! "Ignore what he says is about right.

Can anyone please clarify this......club said other day Myler was back in training. JJB said last night he was out for 6-8 weeks. What is going on? Anyone know?'"

Both he and Holroyd were back at training, not IN training. His pre match presser pretty much said both are several weeks away from full training so clearly still a long way off playing

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach6681No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Sounds like he's going full bielsa on them. You might be out for 3 months after this Oledzki but carry on lad.

RankPostsTeam
First Team Player1506
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 20204 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: batleyrhino "A few thoughts. We at least tried in defence, and that should be the easiest thing to sort out. We still have poor technique but the effort and communication in defence seems to have improved from last week.

We are desperately poor with the ball, have no shape and as we don’t go forward quickly enough the lack of shape means the halves always look poor. Sutcliffe again proved he’s not a half, or even a rugby league player?

The kids, Broadbent, Tindall, Gannon and I’d still include Walker because of the time he’s missed, will make mistakes but need to play to learn. We have to persevere with them, the likes of Briscoe and Sutcliffe aren’t going to get us out of this.

We need a new Head Coach urgently, someone has got to put some structure into the play and work on individual skill levels and decision making.'"

Agree Batley.
Broadbent was really poor last night.
But we need to stick with him and keep playing him.
He was trying too hard because he get's limited opportunities.
Walker showed some decent flashes.
But they're playing in a team shot for confidence and that's rubbing off on them.

Give Gannon, Broadbent, Tindall, Johnson an extended run.
Sutcliffe, Briscoe, Donaldson, Thompson, Dwyer simply shouldn't be playing.

Saints are doing it.
Problem is, we are in a relegation battle, so that won't happen.

RankPostsTeam
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
3357_1596183529.jpg

Quote: Marty Grrrrrrrrrr! "He said in his Thursday presser he wanted players to play with broken bones and fight thru it.

Im sorry but.....come on.

As Cluesy said he is way out of his depth. His public comment on Sezer was very odd.'"

You do know what a metaphor is right?

You can get worked up every time he does a presser if you want but ultimately hes here until we get the right coach.

RankPostsTeam
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
3357_1596183529.jpg

Quote: Sir Gregory Parsloe "I could not go last night but have watched the lowlights.

Last 3 home games, the score has got
Out to 0-31, 0-28 and last night 0-26.
I know we were missing quite a few but was left wondering were Saints actually resting some beforehand cup game v Catalan.

I’ve just been praying to Beelzebub that JJB is not trying to tell us that Sutcliffe is the new half of choice.
What a mess.

I agree with what Arthur C said above. No idea about Myler but I think he would improve the leadership a lot.'"

His comments re Sutcliffe IMO is about confidence the worst thing a coach could do at the moment with a team low on confidence is publicly flog them, that’s why I don’t think sezer was actually injured.

268 posts in 19 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
268 posts in 19 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.27001953125:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Film game
karetaker
14m
FRENCH
nikos
16m