OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2023Jun 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
1246_1686693825.jpeg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_1246.jpeg

Quote: flipper "No, do tell.'"

clip showed him answering a question about how he lived in a Caravan and when asked what did he do in the caravan his reply was "Anything I can get my hands on..."

icon_confused.gif

RankPostsTeam
International Star3605No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 201212 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2016May 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
67953_1341943970.jpg
Someday everything is gonna be different, when I paint my masterpiece ---------------------------------------------------------- [url=http://garykitchen.co.uk/:lnkxkae0]Online art gallery, selling original landscape artwork[/url:lnkxkae0] ---------------------------------------------------------- [url=http://jerrychicken.wordpress.com/:lnkxkae0]JerryChicken - The Blog[/url:lnkxkae0] ----------------------------------------------------------:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_67953.jpg

Quote: Lawrie L "I'm sorry
No, it was never amazing, not even after The Metro came to town (which I helped to build, have I ever mentioned that ?)

RankPostsTeam
International Star3605No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 201212 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2016May 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
67953_1341943970.jpg
Someday everything is gonna be different, when I paint my masterpiece ---------------------------------------------------------- [url=http://garykitchen.co.uk/:lnkxkae0]Online art gallery, selling original landscape artwork[/url:lnkxkae0] ---------------------------------------------------------- [url=http://jerrychicken.wordpress.com/:lnkxkae0]JerryChicken - The Blog[/url:lnkxkae0] ----------------------------------------------------------:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_67953.jpg

When I say "helped", I mean I stood and watched some other people build it and then I measured it afterwards.

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman35189No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2023Jun 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
1246_1686693825.jpeg

Quote: JerryChicken "When I say "helped", I mean I stood and watched some other people build it and then I measured it afterwards.'"

yeah, you built it icon_wink.gif

G1
RankPostsTeam
International Chairman32302No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2018Oct 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
982.jpg
[quote:1pqtnbtj]Every player in our squad could probably earn more money with another club. But they prefer to sacrifice a few extra quid in their back pocket to share special memories. And playing at a place like Old Trafford on a night like this makes it all worthwhile.[/quote:1pqtnbtj] Kevin Sinfield:982.jpg

Anyone watch the Panorama programme last night?

I have to say, on the basis of the "evidence" presented I can see why Sir Jimmy has never been prosecuted let alone convicted of anything.

It was the flimsiest rumour mongering imagine-able. No way would any of it have stood up in a court of Law. There was one lady who was willing to openly make an accusation against him. She gave an interview last November but even Sir Jimmy's main accuser's, the makers of the shelved BBC documentary said they didn't air whilst he was a live because she "wouldn't have made a reliable libel witness". The producers, when defending themselves about why the chose not to pass evidence to police, said that they thought the evdience was flimsy and of no use to the police. Doesn't that say everything?

On chap said he saw Saville with a girl, both fully slothed and she was "definitely under age, about twelve, maybe 13 or 14. definitely no more than 15." Wow.

Even the odious Gambaccini had no direct accusations but merely rhetoric and rumour.

It saddens me that this media witch hunt continues at great pace without anybody, anybody at all, questioning the quality of evidence put forward by his accusers (not alleged victims)

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach15864No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Oct 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
10145_1279728778.png
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_10145.png

Quote: G1 "Anyone watch the Panorama programme last night?

I have to say, on the basis of the "evidence" presented I can see why Sir Jimmy has never been prosecuted let alone convicted of anything.

It was the flimsiest rumour mongering imagine-able. No way would any of it have stood up in a court of Law. There was one lady who was willing to openly make an accusation against him. She gave an interview last November but even Sir Jimmy's main accuser's, the makers of the shelved BBC documentary said they didn't air whilst he was a live because she "wouldn't have made a reliable libel witness". The producers, when defending themselves about why the chose not to pass evidence to police, said that they thought the evdience was flimsy and of no use to the police. Doesn't that say everything?

On chap said he saw Saville with a girl, both fully slothed and she was "definitely under age, about twelve, maybe 13 or 14. definitely no more than 15." Wow.

Even the odious Gambaccini had no direct accusations but merely rhetoric and rumour.

It saddens me that this media witch hunt continues at great pace without anybody, anybody at all, questioning the quality of evidence put forward by his accusers (not alleged victims)'"

I watched most of it last night and feel pretty similar to you. Very little evidence at all, and whilst I don't think its been made up, I can see why it never got reported by people inside the BBC. I think the thing which came out of it is why didn't people who were concerned at the time do something about it at a more personal level? Trying to disuade young people from being left alone with him etc.

Overall I think there was enough to convince me that Saville had been very clever about his actions and played his cards right. As a result I think that anything that people thought was wrong was just that, and certainly not evidence.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach3813No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2020Feb 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: G1 "Anyone watch the Panorama programme last night?

It saddens me that this media witch hunt continues at great pace without anybody, anybody at all, questioning the quality of evidence put forward by his accusers (not alleged victims)'"

You're confusing one television programme with an entire prosecution case. Why does the evidence presented about Savile by this one programme have to be able to take down a criminal trial the instant after it's given?

The point is whether this original evidence is strong enough to make a proper police investigation worthwhile, during which more evidence is gathered and *then* it is taken to court. That threshold is comprehensively passed in Savile's case, and several police forces are now gathering full evidence, just as they should have many years ago.

[i"There was one lady who was willing to openly make an accusation against him. She gave an interview last November but even Sir Jimmy's main accuser's, the makers of the shelved BBC documentary said they didn't air whilst he was a live because she "wouldn't have made a reliable libel witness"[/i

I have no idea what fog you're trying to knit with that as there was one lady *on that particular programme* who made accusations against Savile. You surely know that many more have been filmed and reported over the past few weeks (and for the shelved Newsnight), and that Panorama used only one accuser's interview because it was a quickly made broader programme flitting between biography of Savile, the seedier side of 70s culture, and the current editorial controversy of Newsnight and the BBC.

Also the "shelved BBC documentary" hadn't even begun production when Savile was alive so I'm not sure what that point was about.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach22777
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2020Feb 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

//www.pngnrlbid.com [quote="bUsTiNyAbALLs":9q9d2t35]Do not converse with me you filthy minded deviant.[/quote:9q9d2t35] [quote="vastman":9q9d2t35]My rage isn't impotent luv, I'm frothing at the mouth actually.[/quote:9q9d2t35]:

Quote: craigizzard "You're confusing one television programme with an entire prosecution case. Why does the evidence presented about Savile by this one programme have to be able to take down a criminal trial the instant after it's given?

The point is whether this original evidence is strong enough to make a proper police investigation worthwhile, during which more evidence is gathered and *then* it is taken to court. That threshold is comprehensively passed in Savile's case, and several police forces are now gathering full evidence, just as they should have many years ago.
Quote: craigizzard "]
Would it? I’ve yet to see any corroborating evidence other than re-remembered incidents from decades ago from witnesses who did nothing at the time, and the regurgitation of 40 year old rumour that has somehow now morphed in to widespread factual knowledge.

Police forces are now investigating, and they are investigating in a way which would clearly be prejudicial to any trial.

Your points argue against themselves, if the police are in an evidence gathering stage then the decision to go to trial hasn’t been made yet, in fact it would be made by the cps and not the police, where it would be judged by a judge and jury. None of this has happened, nor will it happen.

The fact we have somehow jumped from trashing one mans reputation because of charges which never made it to court, to trashing venerable institutions like the BBC and the police for not acting on evidence which wasn’t available at the time, and may not even exist to fire/prosecute a man for a crime it has yet to be proven was ever committed is astounding.

The only thing which surprises me more is Chris Morris’ prescience,

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach5848No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2017Mar 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
9812.gif
:9812.gif

See the Daily Mail headlines today to see what this is really all about. icon_confused.gif

G1
RankPostsTeam
International Chairman32302No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2018Oct 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
982.jpg
[quote:1pqtnbtj]Every player in our squad could probably earn more money with another club. But they prefer to sacrifice a few extra quid in their back pocket to share special memories. And playing at a place like Old Trafford on a night like this makes it all worthwhile.[/quote:1pqtnbtj] Kevin Sinfield:982.jpg

Quote: craigizzard "You're confusing one television programme with an entire prosecution case. .'"

I wasn't confusing anything at all. I was comment upon how flimsy the accusations in that programme were and commented they would certainly never stand up in court.

Which prosecution case have I got confused with, because there has never been one against JS, rather pertinent don't you think?

Quote: craigizzard "Why does the evidence presented about Savile by this one programme have to be able to take down a criminal trial the instant after it's given?'"

It doesn't but it has to have some substance or bare scrutiny otherwise we could all go on television and say what we want about someone. Of course, we would only do that and programme makers would only broadcast such things about an alive person if it stood up to scrutiny. Oh, wait a minute.

Quote: craigizzard "The point is whether this original evidence is strong enough to make a proper police investigation worthwhile, during which more evidence is gathered and *then* it is taken to court. '"
What evidence? My point is that last night's programme was severely lacking in evidence. Even the programme makers admitted the evidence wasn't good enough to pass onto the police. That is how they defended themselves against charges that they should have done so.

[i"There was one lady who was willing to openly make an accusation against him. She gave an interview last November but even Sir Jimmy's main accuser's, the makers of the shelved BBC documentary said they didn't air whilst he was a live because she "wouldn't have made a reliable libel witness"[/i

Quote: craigizzard "I have no idea what fog you're trying to knit with that as there was one lady *on that particular programme* who made accusations against Savile. You surely know that many more have been filmed and reported over the past few weeks (and for the shelved Newsnight), and that Panorama used only one accuser's interview because it was a quickly made broader programme flitting between biography of Savile, the seedier side of 70s culture, and the current editorial controversy of Newsnight and the BBC.
'"
There was only one lady on last night's Panorama willing to put her name and face to her accusations, capiche? She was the same lady who came forward to newsnight for the shelved documentary.

Quote: craigizzard "Also the "shelved BBC documentary" hadn't even begun production when Savile was alive so I'm not sure what that point was about'"

I think you are mistaken but it hardly matters when the producer of the Newsnight programme said he didn't think the lady would make "a credible libel witness"

There is a way things are done. They're not done by the media. They're not done by the police. It has been shown, in the last three to four weeks why those bodies are not trustworthy to do them.

It annoys me that there is now widespread acceptance that a man is accepted as being guilty of what he is accused of simply because it's repeated in the media and his accusers says so. It's a very dangerous slope.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach11658
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2018Aug 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
35138.jpg
Fat people are harder to kidnap.:35138.jpg

My friend's brother's kids (aged 9 and 7) once saw him jogging on Street Lane and ran along side him. The eldest said to him "hi Jimmy" to which he replied "f*ck off you little b*stards".

True story.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach36067
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
10363_1334937642.jpg
SUPPORT SWAG...:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_10363.jpg

Quote: Clubber_Lang "Bill Wyman started his "relationship" (whatever that may have entailed) with Mandy Smith when she was 13'"

This is true and that is where any similarity ends. Wyman was not as far as I'm aware a serial hunter of under age girls. He claims he was unaware of her age which she herself backs up, she lied.

When it was found out Wyman paid the price of the publicity. However it was clearly a relationship based on more than sex as he did marry her as soon as he could - not really the act of your average pedo.

Now again not defending Wyman who really should have known better and was far to old for her even when legal - but to compare with alleged Saville and Glitter...hardly.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach12106No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2015Oct 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
10393.jpg
OBN Wannabe:10393.jpg

Quote: Fat Boy "My friend's brother's kids (aged 9 and 7) once saw him jogging on Street Lane and ran along side him. The eldest said to him "hi Jimmy" to which he replied "f*ck off you little b*stards".

True story.'"

And more than enough evidence to secure a conviction of grievous bodily harm against a minor I would have thought. Especially if you said it on TV.

My favourite part of the media coverage is the way he is now only known as "Saville" in headlines. You can hear the journos using their special, deep-toned sinister voices when they say the word.

All the stuff that's been publically recorded from the Leveson sessions, and people are still taking what they read in the press and see on TV as gospel. I despair.

Post-truth politics, post-truth justice. Great times to be alive.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach7374
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Soon we will be dancing the Fandango FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB'S DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESS THEN I DONT KNOW WHAT IS. JAMIE PEACOCK:

Quote: Fat Boy "My friend's brother's kids (aged 9 and 7) once saw him jogging on Street Lane and ran along side him. The eldest said to him "hi Jimmy" to which he replied "f*ck off you little b*stards".

True story.'"

1980 We were working in Leeds central library's doing some painting and we sent the apprentice out for our bacon sarnies for our 9.30 break.The little prat was ages coing back and our tea was cold and we were just about to get up and start work again,and he walked in.He said he had just been chatting to Jimmy Savile in the cafe,great bloke is Jimmy he said kept al the cafe entertained.

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman35189No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2023Jun 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
1246_1686693825.jpeg

Quote: G1 "
'"

I can't remember his exact quote but him not saying anything to anyone as it might have damaged his career was a bit sickening

214 posts in 15 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
214 posts in 15 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.041015625:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Film game
karetaker
3m
Call for funds
Listenup94
6m