FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

FORUMS > Leeds Rhinos > SL RD 4 | Wakefield Trinity (H)
228 posts in 16 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain1750No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 20177 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Im absolutly gutted about last night to be honest, think theres too much leeway being given, we'v got a new coach and a few new players ..so what, its nothing unusual, dosnt excuse the none existant defence last night.

We got embarresed on our big occasion, finally back home blah blah blah.

We'v got big problems imo.

Our big signings have got massive defficiencies in there games that are going to kill us, Hurrell, for all his eye catching work makes errors and coughs up possession at an alarming rate, loloheas defence at 6 is shocking, playing him at fullback means we leave out one of our best young talents. Merrin i think will be fine.

Our best two players watkins and ward...injureies injuries injureies for ward, watkins goin to need lots of time by looks of it.

Ferres and suttcliffe are the worst pair of second rows in the league, by a country mile, unfortunatly form dosnt seem to matter with furner, they keep getting starting spots and are constantly terrible, ferres didnt do a lot wrong last night but my god he does nothing inpactful either, absolute waste of time

Without sugar coating it, furners team selections so far have been rubbish, love the structure he's put into our attack but the one time he got forced into picking a team that most want to see, we win convincingly. You just know cam smith is going to suffer for his performance last night while the two second rows iv just mentioned keep plodding away, which is unfair on smith, he deserves a fair shot in the back row. Even playing out of position last night you could see how more dangerous he is than either of our starting second rows in running the ball.

Richie myler...very, very, very poor

Sorry for the negativity, just cant get over how bad that was last night. Lots of work to do. On the plus side, the clubs in unbeleivable shape everyhere else, brilliant stadium and unbelievable young talent throughout the academy and scholorship.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2086No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
33622_1304362610.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_33622.jpg

The South Stand looks impressive. However, as feared, the atmosphere is dead due to the design.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain4719
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 20186 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
77264_1540382825.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_77264.jpg

Quote: Clearwing "It will. Some glaring defensive weaknesses and if they're not sorted, every opposition coach will exploit them again and again. Attacking improvement is pretty much irrelevant if we're shipping 5, 6, 7 tries every week. We have some truly feeble tacklers.'"

Every side we’ve played has come at us down our right channel, with success. It’s just an obvious gift to opposing coaches.
Furner will be as aware as anyone; the question is what options does he have to fix it up?

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain4719
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 20186 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
77264_1540382825.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_77264.jpg

Quote: mattsrhinos1978 "Im absolutly gutted about last night to be honest, think theres too much leeway being given, we'v got a new coach and a few new players ..so what, its nothing unusual, dosnt excuse the none existant defence last night.

We got embarresed on our big occasion, finally back home blah blah blah.

We'v got big problems imo.

Our big signings have got massive defficiencies in there games that are going to kill us, Hurrell, for all his eye catching work makes errors and coughs up possession at an alarming rate, loloheas defence at 6 is shocking, playing him at fullback means we leave out one of our best young talents. Merrin i think will be fine.

Our best two players watkins and ward...injureies injuries injureies for ward, watkins goin to need lots of time by looks of it.

Ferres and suttcliffe are the worst pair of second rows in the league, by a country mile, unfortunatly form dosnt seem to matter with furner, they keep getting starting spots and are constantly terrible, ferres didnt do a lot wrong last night but my god he does nothing inpactful either, absolute waste of time

Without sugar coating it, furners team selections so far have been rubbish, love the structure he's put into our attack but the one time he got forced into picking a team that most want to see, we win convincingly. You just know cam smith is going to suffer for his performance last night while the two second rows iv just mentioned keep plodding away, which is unfair on smith, he deserves a fair shot in the back row. Even playing out of position last night you could see how more dangerous he is than either of our starting second rows in running the ball.

Richie myler...very, very, very poor

Sorry for the negativity, just cant get over how bad that was last night. Lots of work to do. On the plus side, the clubs in unbeleivable shape everyhere else, brilliant stadium and unbelievable young talent throughout the academy and scholorship.'"

It is still to early to judge the new signings IMO. There is a reason they are here now and not in the NRL, we just have to accept that.

One bad result doesn’t mean the whole thing needs burning down - Wakefield with a full-strength side are a decent outfit and will cause lots of problems for opponents this year.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach36077
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
10363_1334937642.jpg
SUPPORT SWAG...:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_10363.jpg

Quote: Gotcha "I am not in disagreement on the need for front line prop addition. However that really wasn’t the reason for loss or performance. We had bigger issues, including that consistently appalling right edge defence. But also did people not notice how class the Wakey second rows performed, especially Ashurst, they were miles and miles ahead of our options. We have lots of backrowers yet we look incredibly weak.'"

I did, most pleased with Batchelor, only 20 yet physically and mentally mature beyond his years. Reminds me hugely of Ellis, not quite as big and way to soon to say if he's as good but you can build teams around players like that, 32 tackles I think.

Have no idea whats wrong with Leeds, the talent is there but to quote Eric Morcambe youve got all the right notes but not in the right order. Actually you havn't you have some real deadwood but you should still be better than you are at the moment.

Finally thats the first time I've seen us play Leeds in 30 years believing we were the better team even though I didn't think we'd win this particular one. To see my team prove that was quite nice actually, I'll enjoy it whilst it lasts.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach9877
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2024May 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
28231_1332863667.jpeg
YEAH LIKE WHATEVER! TEAM UP! TEAM UP!:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_28231.jpeg

Quote: Les Norton "The South Stand looks impressive. However, as feared, the atmosphere is dead due to the design.'"

Yep.

At HT Danica Pim (sp?) Was on the platform thing and said "the atmosphere has been unbelievable" I just assumed she meant Elland Road cos the South Stand, as we all already knew, was silent.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach10530
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2020Jun 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
18919_1341147656.jpg
[quote="King Monkey":30st820n]Maybe a spell in prison would do Graham good. At least he'd lose his virginity.[/quote:30st820n]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_18919.jpg

Probably more to do with us being rubbish.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain3615
JoinedServiceReputation
May 20168 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2022May 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

I'm in Carngie stand but my mate goes in South Stand and he says the standing area is too small compared with the old one and felt crushed and couldn't move. What's other people's thoughts?

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain1750No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 20177 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: KaeruJim "It is still to early to judge the new signings IMO. There is a reason they are here now and not in the NRL, we just have to accept that.

One bad result doesn’t mean the whole thing needs burning down - Wakefield with a full-strength side are a decent outfit and will cause lots of problems for opponents this year.'"

We'v had 4 bad results, this one being the worst, the saints one being the only one to take positives from. 5 games in, players form should start to be reflecting in team selection, that and a simple bit of pride in defence, would be the first step back to being competitive, starting with the second row, neither should be anywhere near the 17, they arnt good players playing poorly, theyr just poor players.

Wakey are a good team, but that was pathetic last night.

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman9510
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
1157.jpg
It's not how much talent you've got, it's what you do with it that counts.:1157.jpg

I think that there are some players in the squad that are still haunted by what happened in the last 3 years or so. That suggests to me that they don’t have the mental strength to become winners, otherwise they’d be on the way back by now. I include some senior players in this.

We looked lethargic and disinterested in defence last night, compare to the enthusiasm and passion you see in the defence of Wigan and Saints for example and you can clearly see our problem.

Fix the attitude in defence and we would look a lot better.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain1750No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 20177 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

One thing iv noticed is SMTMUK, Cam Smiths agent and Cam himself touched on it last night, sayin that Furner dosnt know what position he sees Cam being, thats worrying to me. He's a backrow all day, everyday.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain370
JoinedServiceReputation
May 20186 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2023Aug 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Sat opposite the south stand last night, the noise was incredible for the first 10 minutes,it was not because of the design of the new stand that it went quiet it was because of the rubbish dished up on the field that it went quiet. We was out done by a better team last night, but the flaws that show up again and again in our team suggests we have big problems. Doing the same things over and over again with the same players and expecting different results borders on the insanity. What does Furner expect using the same players and expecting different results. They has to be some changes to the team sheet and not simply swapping positions. Some of the players should be no where near the match day team and this includes Watkins, he's terrible, so far off form it's incredible Furner cannot see it, send him to Fev to get his fitness.
If we can't defend our line we will never score enough points to win the game. Sorry guys but sometimes the truth hurts, if Furner can't see the need for change then he won't be here by the end of the season. The bank owns the stadium, we owe them a load of money, serving dross on the scale of last night does not bode well for the future. People won't spend hard earned money on a Friday evening when at Elland road they are in a promotion battle. There needs to be some hard talking to the players letting them know their responsibilities and what we expect from them .

RankPostsTeam
International Star2321
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 201311 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

The atmosphere in the South Stand will be ok if there was anything to get excited about , but that last night was rubbish , far too many players stealing a living . Hurrel makes far too many errors in a game for a Marquee player , Donaldson and Merrin are penalty machines . Do not get me started on Myler as he is about as good an organiser as the Labour leader . Suttcliffe icon_rolleyes.gif . . So to be honest . The pack is not big enough , our half backs cant organise , we regularly play players out of position . one centre is way off the pace and the other whilst decent makes too many errors . We do not communicate in defence . The only plus point is our Polish Prop and maybe Handley . Thank god its London in a fortnight and we play Salford twice more because on last nights showing we will not beat anyone else . Maybe a bit harsh because i saw some improvement in the previous two games but after last night i see us 10th at best and before anyone starts i watched through the 80s and 90s and do not expect us to win Trophies every year but i do expect better than last night .

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman1468
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 1970Jun 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

What happened to Brad Dwyer 0 carries and just 17 tackles

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain26No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 20196 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2019May 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Any chance we can get Bai, Burrow, McGuire, Donald, Hall, Senior and some bloke Called Sinfield back in a Rhinos shirt? hell I'd even welcome Chris McKenna back! No chance...? Oh well..

228 posts in 16 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
228 posts in 16 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

6.04638671875:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
TV Games - Not Hull
Dave K.
Recent
Wolves again
Deadcowboys1
FORUM