JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2016Feb 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
35376_1277564281.gif
[img:35s0tdes]http://i84.servimg.com/u/f84/12/34/74/45/lr200913.gif[/img:35s0tdes]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_35376.gif

Nant-It's frustrating of course it is and my opinions on some of the selections are well known BUT i support the club/team and that outweighs those i won't stop going or supporting because i disagree with some selections etc.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5526No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2019Mar 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: rhinoms "Nant-It's frustrating of course it is and my opinions on some of the selections are well known BUT i support the club/team and that outweighs those i won't stop going or supporting because i disagree with some selections etc.'"

I'm not suggesting you stop going......and we ALL need to be grateful for guys like you who are the lifeblood and significant financiers of the game. A true supporter.

You allow us more mere 'floating' part time supporters to pick and choose our games. icon_wink.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach11658
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2018Aug 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
35138.jpg
Fat people are harder to kidnap.:35138.jpg

Quote: nantwichexile "I'm not suggesting you stop going......and we ALL need to be grateful for guys like you who are the lifeblood and significant financiers of the game. A true supporter.

You allow us more mere 'floating' part time supporters to pick and choose our games.
Being a season ticket holder for me is more than just being a Leeds fan. It’s having something to look forward to every other week. I will watch Leeds play no matter what flavour of rugby they serve up that particular week.
You may ask why I would want to watch poor displays and not to “pick and choose” the games I go to?
Why? - Because losing is just as exciting as winning. You can only feel the highs when you know what the low feel like.

Last night, for example, I was hoping that we could pull it back. The more the clock ran down the more exciting it became. I will never regret buying a season ticket.

So go ahead and laugh at those of us that have season tickets, I care not a jot. I’ll support my club in my way, you can support it in your way but it’s you that looks a bit silly right now.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5526No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2019Mar 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Fat Boy "Being a season ticket holder for me is more than just being a Leeds fan. It’s having something to look forward to every other week. I will watch Leeds play no matter what flavour of rugby they serve up that particular week.
You may ask why I would want to watch poor displays and not to “pick and choose” the games I go to?
Why? - Because losing is just as exciting as winning. You can only feel the highs when you know what the low feel like.

Last night, for example, I was hoping that we could pull it back. The more the clock ran down the more exciting it became. I will never regret buying a season ticket.

So go ahead and laugh at those of us that have season tickets, I care not a jot. I’ll support my club in my way, you can support it in your way but it’s you that looks a bit silly right now.'"

Don't get your proverbials knotted....I [iused[/i to be a season ticket holder for many years and part of the appeal was the banter, meeting mates and a chance to get out a bit. (Let's face it, in the days I supported the club we won nowt and were always the underachievers).

Life, other commitments and a move to the other side of the world, before settling in deepest Cheshire then got in the way.

Daresay if I still lived in Leeds I would be one of the "mugs" still buying a regular season ticket as well as the annual sky subscription icon_biggrin.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2176No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 201015 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2014May 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
50179_1293328133.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_50179.jpg

Quote: GCM1980 "I'm exactly the same. But that's the situation now and I'm comfortable with it. I know what I'm buying into.'"

Yup, me too, except my money is limited to my Sky subscription and the odd Leeds game.

RankPostsTeam
International Star274No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2012Aug 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Fat Boy "Being a season ticket holder for me is more than just being a Leeds fan. It’s having something to look forward to every other week. I will watch Leeds play no matter what flavour of rugby they serve up that particular week.

So go ahead and laugh at those of us that have season tickets, I care not a jot. I’ll support my club in my way, you can support it in your way but it’s you that looks a bit silly right now.'"

a014.gif Great post.

RankPostsTeam
International Star55No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2017Jul 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Excellent post. Retrieved all my programmes and Open Rugbys from 1987 onwards from mothers loft. My 9 year old nephew looked at these and asked why did Leeds get beat by Widnes... Took a long time to explain that they beat us regularly!! If you're a Loiner you're a loiner forever...

RankPostsTeam
International Star21No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2012Apr 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

! If you're a Loiner you're a loiner forever...'"
]

a014.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2469No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2012Jun 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Eddie Rombo "If you're a Loiner you're a loiner forever...'"

Quite. Being a loiner equates to your social roots and relationships formed, your sense of belonging and your definitive sense of who you are in relation to the city of Leeds where you were born, raised and in many cases continue to reside.

The same does not apply to being a rhino because the rhinos is a commodity just like any other commodity which you can select to purchase from a shelf in a store among other competing-for-your-attention commodities on the market. This is why we end up with rastrick rhinos, batley rhinos, fieldhead rhinos, middleton rhinos, mirfield rhinos, farsley rhinos, etc, who do not belong and would have no affiliation to being a loiner - they are just purchasing a brand-name commodity from an out-of-town store because it's unavailable in their local store. And because it's only a commodity bearing no relation to oneself, that commodity can also be rejected on the grounds of not being of satisfactory quality - not as described - not fit for the purpose, etc, to be replaced with an alternative commodity purchase.

If someone pops into a supermarket, they may be tempted to purchase a commodity they wouldn't normally be interested in on the basis that if they buy one, they get another free. When it's discovered that commodity lacks quality, they rarely purchase it again. They would be less tempted by an offer consisting of buy 11 get 2 free, yet that's how the commodity of a season ticket works and is successfully marketed. And it works because many consumers are manipulated through successful marketing to attach an irrational devotion or fetish to that commodity - in this case, the rhinos commodity - which they apply excessive attention and reverence to. But it's just a commodity like any other when you cut through the marketing spin and expose it for what it really is.

I've never purchased a rhinos season ticket because I regard it as nothing more than a commodity just like any other commodity competing for my purchasing attention. It has no meaning beyond that - unlike the sense of real loiner community belonging which I had a personal and real attachment to prior to Super League. I don't regard the rhinos commodity as of satisfactory quality or fit for the purpose. I don't purchase 13 items from a supermarket (even if 2 are free) when I know that the vast majority of them are going to be rubbish, therefore I don't purchase 13 rounds of commodity rhinos regular round meaningless rubbish either.

RankPostsTeam
International Star55No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2017Jul 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Not being funny. because you've used a lot of long words there that I think makes you feel superior. I love that the RHINOS can attract supporters from miles away, however, I was talking about 20 years ago, you know when you didn't talk down to people?

RankPostsTeam
International Star55No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2017Jul 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Keith - read that absolute insular post again and I feel sorry for you. Do you take the bulbs out before bed in case someone nicks em?

RankPostsTeam
International Star11412No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2021Jul 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

"The Golden Generation finally has its Golden Fleece! They have Wembley Cup Final winners medals to add to their collection." 23/08/2014:

Keith, I know you think you're sounding smart and wise but you really aren't.

Some people are implying Season Ticket holders are 'mugs' for paying to watch a game they enjoy whatever happens results wise.
I would suggest people who spend their free time on a rugby league fan site complaining about a sport they seem to no longer like are the real 'mugs'.

RankPostsTeam
International Star11412No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2021Jul 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

"The Golden Generation finally has its Golden Fleece! They have Wembley Cup Final winners medals to add to their collection." 23/08/2014:

Also, to insinuate that Leeds (or any other team) lose a game because they 'switch off during the regular season' knowing they can make up for it come playoff time is damn well disrespectful to those MEN.
Its also damn well disrespectful to the players of Saints, Hudds and Bradford to offer a reason of recent loses to 'Leeds lose because they know it doesn't matter'. Coming up with reasons why a team lose instead of reasons why a team won a game perhaps shows more about your negative way of thinking than it does the current state of Super League.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member17230No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Nov 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
3043_1291817917.jpg
#frostiesbitches We know who you are.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_3043.jpg

Quote: Ouzo "You're correct.

I have virtually no interest in the league until the playoffs start. The league is merely a qualifying comp with a chance to build some momentum towards the back end.'"

Leeds continue with the backrow they have and the play offs will be a waste of time this year. It's quite a while since we had such an average starting backrow. No pace, no passing offloading ability. Ablest needs to be back outwide and give a youngster a go until players are back. You need pace in your backrow when your props don't have it either. Their defence is good, not going to take that away from them, but the flow of attack stops there.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner6881No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2021Aug 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
6553.gif
[b:1e1swnry]Fat Boy wrote:[/b:1e1swnry] Bradford are now officially the RFL's biatches. [b:1e1swnry]Seventies red wrote:[/b:1e1swnry] Whats a biatch?. [b:1e1swnry]gulfcoast_highwayman wrote:[/b:1e1swnry] They wear red and white and cry a lot in October.:6553.gif

Quote: rhinoms "Whatever the current form it's hardly ST burning or "regretting buying one".
You are aware that we were never gone win EVERY game or perform 100% bang on form in them either aren't you?
Seen much worse and no doubt will see worse in the future i support Leeds Rhinos and love RL win lose or draw and whatever my opinions on individuals ,performances or the club that won't change.'"

Just picking a programme off the pile.

Leeds at home to Sheffield

Gibbons A
Fallon
Iro
Francis
Hassan
Holroyd
Gibbons D
Harvey
Shaw although my notes say Newton
Barrie
Moz
Ming
Forshaw
Golden
Picchi
Mann
Foz

My point being. You're damn right we've seen worse.

76 posts in 6 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
76 posts in 6 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.17822265625:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Finn out Murrell in
MP
9m
Planning for next season
mwindass
10m