JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2022Mar 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
icons3ae4_files/4541-162reymo-msnicons.jpg
If your not cheating, your not trying. Barrie Mcdermott:icons3ae4_files/4541-162reymo-msnicons.jpg

Quote: The Eagle "What you also have to remember is that people are far more likely to leave negative feedback than positive.'"

This is. Very true. You are more likely to be complained about rather than Praised for doing your job well

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach489No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2019Jul 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Others/jack.jpg
A well rested Giants side will rip it up in the playoffs. - Wigsey - 15/07/13:Others/jack.jpg

Quote: G1 ""An internet troll's opinion should carry no more weight than graffiti"

This should be the standard response to every post from Keith Swiftcorn hereafter.'"

Where is Swiftcorn anyway...not heard from him for a while.......?

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member32466No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2018Aug 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
1122_1318449976.jpg
Someday everything is gonna be different, When I paint my masterpiece ------------------------------------------------------ [url=http://jerrychicken.wordpress.com/:k4m40udg]The Jerry Chicken Blog Page[/url:k4m40udg] ------------------------------------------------------ [url=http://www.artgallery.co.uk/artist/gary_kitchen_2:k4m40udg]BUY MY ART ONLINE AT ARTGALLERY.CO.UK[/url:k4m40udg] [url=https://theartonlinegallery.com/artist/garykitch/:k4m40udg]AT THE RIPPINGHAM GALLERY[/url:k4m40udg] .................................................................... [url=http://art-profiles.com/gary-kitchen/:k4m40udg]ART PROFILE[/url:k4m40udg] ................................................................... [url=http://twitter.com/GaryKitch:k4m40udg]On Twitter[/url:k4m40udg] ................................................................... [url=http://www.facebook.com/gary.kitchen2:k4m40udg]On Facebook[/url:k4m40udg] ...................................................................:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_1122.jpg

Quote: Crossgates Rhino "For a 3 star
Yup - business rates for hotel rooms are always top dollar.

Unless you work for the company that I do icon_lol.gif for some reason businesses rarely negotiate with rates possibly because many are booked at the last minute and they value the in-room facilities (wi-fi, desk space etc) more than the cost, they are also less likely to complain than your private paying punter because they aren't picking up the tab.

Another thing that happens frequently, and in fact happened this weekend to my daughter, is that they get the whole hotel block booked for weddings and generally the people who pay £15k and more for this privilege tend to be rather wealthy and have a high opinion of themselves, my youngest was on the bar this weekend and came home at 2am on Sunday morning disgusted with the behaviour and demeanour of people that she had thought should know how to conduct themselves better than they did - arrogant t0ssers is the words she used for them I think, but a true professional she smiled through it all and made sure that nothing was missed off their room charge bills, like a lot of hotels non-guests can't buy drinks after a certain time, it has to be charged to someone's room - some very arrogant posh people were due a shock when checking out on Sunday, serves them right for being so generous with their key number when drunk icon_biggrin.gif

Moral of the story is - don't treat hotel staff like the muck on the soles of your shoes, there are ways and means of making you pay icon_cool.gif

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner18298
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2023Jan 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
5869_1278015515.jpeg
[url=http://twitter.com/#!/GavWilson:3pk7rwm1]@GavWilson[/url:3pk7rwm1]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_5869.jpeg

Not a troll as such, but I just got absolutely slapped down on twitter.

What do the kids say these days? PWNED?

Bad times.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach463
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2024Apr 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
37727.jpg
And last but not least, to all those people that wrote this team off, to all those people that criticized this team...tonight's for you, thank you. I'll tell you this now, of all the sportsmen I have ever seen, this guy is the most impressive. Clare Balding 6/10/12:37727.jpg

Quote: Hacked Off "Where is Swiftcorn anyway...not heard from him for a while.......?'"

He went quiet after last years Grand Final too..just for a day or so.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5526
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2018Jan 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

1 Warrington 2 Hull 3 Wigan 4 Castleford 4 Castleford 5 St Helens 6 Leeds 7 Catalans 8 Hudedersfield 9 Widnes 10 Wakefield 11 Salford 12 Leigh Playoffs:Warrington Hull Wigan Castleford Four sides rejoining: Widnes Wakefield Salford Leigh GF Winners Warrington CC Winners Wigan:

Quote: Fat Boy "I use Trip Advisor both as a contributor and for advice. I am always honest and as accurate as I possibly can be while trying to be as unemotive as possible.

I have always found that, without exception, if you take a majority of the reviews posted then you’ll be about there. For example if 90% of the reviews say that somewhere is good then generally it is good. As previously mentioned, these reviews are posted by unqualified, anonymous people and are therefore to not infallible and you’ll always get varied opinions. But on the whole if you go with the majority it’s usually accurate.'"

I totally agree with you FB & I do the same.
What's the alternative?
To use a so-called independent guide where you can never know if the hotel/restaurant has paid to be included?
I get newsletters from the Good Food Guide whose editor is Adam Raphael who has an almost pathological hatred for Tripadvisor & vents his spleen against it every available opportunity.
But then he would wouldn't he since it serves to replace his pricey & snobbish tome.
Sure Tripadvisor isn't perfect but I've used it to find some excellent hotels & places to eat in unfamiliar places.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2469No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2012Jun 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Hacked Off "Where is Swiftcorn anyway...not heard from him for a while.......?'"

I'm quite sure I rejected your sexual advances way back in August last year when you were sulking over Leeds latest loss to Wigan in a Final. Thanks for the attention but I'm not likely to change my mind.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member32466No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2018Aug 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
1122_1318449976.jpg
Someday everything is gonna be different, When I paint my masterpiece ------------------------------------------------------ [url=http://jerrychicken.wordpress.com/:k4m40udg]The Jerry Chicken Blog Page[/url:k4m40udg] ------------------------------------------------------ [url=http://www.artgallery.co.uk/artist/gary_kitchen_2:k4m40udg]BUY MY ART ONLINE AT ARTGALLERY.CO.UK[/url:k4m40udg] [url=https://theartonlinegallery.com/artist/garykitch/:k4m40udg]AT THE RIPPINGHAM GALLERY[/url:k4m40udg] .................................................................... [url=http://art-profiles.com/gary-kitchen/:k4m40udg]ART PROFILE[/url:k4m40udg] ................................................................... [url=http://twitter.com/GaryKitch:k4m40udg]On Twitter[/url:k4m40udg] ................................................................... [url=http://www.facebook.com/gary.kitchen2:k4m40udg]On Facebook[/url:k4m40udg] ...................................................................:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_1122.jpg

Quote: Old Feller "I totally agree with you FB & I do the same.
What's the alternative?
To use a so-called independent guide where you can never know if the hotel/restaurant has paid to be included?
I get newsletters from the Good Food Guide whose editor is Adam Raphael who has an almost pathological hatred for Tripadvisor & vents his spleen against it every available opportunity.
But then he would wouldn't he since it serves to replace his pricey & snobbish tome.
Sure Tripadvisor isn't perfect but I've used it to find some excellent hotels & places to eat in unfamiliar places.'"

I think any establishment that appears on TripAdvisor should have the knowledge and ability to respond to each post, the manager of the hotel I spoke of on the previous pages certainly does and he is happy to apologise to each poster who records a problem during their stay, the hotel reception also record each and every gripe and complaint that people make when they are checking out and whether or not discounts were offered at checkout and this information is put on the managers reply, for instance "I'm sorry that your steak was served cold, we acknowledged to you in the restaurant that we had an issue with a hotplate and we replaced your meal and gave you complimentary wine".

That sort of response turns a bad review into a good one and he is very savvy at doing that, including putting down obvious malicious complaints, someone who lists any manner of issues after they've paid in full, left the hotel and then sat on the information for three weeks will find something on the lines of an apology followed by an assurance that they checked their housekeeping and reception logs but could find no information to back up the complaint which is a shame as the issue could have been sorted at checkout and a discount offered.

Unfortunately many hoteliers just aren't that savvy enough to understand how to use TA to their advantage but its not helped by TA themselves who will not disclose when a poster has used multiple identities to post multiple malicious complaints on one or more sites, the hotels can complain to TA but its almost impossible to get them to move from their "its not our fault" position, whereas they could actually do a bit more to help both party's.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach489No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2019Jul 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Others/jack.jpg
A well rested Giants side will rip it up in the playoffs. - Wigsey - 15/07/13:Others/jack.jpg

Quote: Keith Swiftcorn "I'm quite sure I rejected your sexual advances way back in August last year when you were sulking over Leeds latest loss to Wigan in a Final. Thanks for the attention but I'm not likely to change my mind.'"

See you are still getting some 'Worm Burping' milage out of the old sexual advances fantasy...you want to be careful old boy you could go blind or have to shave the hair on your palms again.

24 posts in 3 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
24 posts in 3 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.11572265625:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Shopping list for 2025
RockNRolla
Recent
Squads - Leopards v Giants
satanicmills
Recent