Jul 20159 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
74125_1470762689.jpg
"Blasphemy is a victimless crime":d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_74125.jpg

Galloway is slow and steady, a fair plodder but he gives away a bad high tackle penalty every game.. often at the worst time.
Singleton has done well at LF and is where I would see him continue but I think with so many back rowers..and Ward to return too will see one of JJB or Delaney moved to LF.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner28186No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2016Aug 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Transparent Backgrounds/Waldorf.gif
"As you travel through life don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things" - George Carlin [url:2cg5oc2o]http://twitter.com/AndyGilder[/url:2cg5oc2o] [url:2cg5oc2o]http://fromthewesternterrace.blogspot.co.uk[/url:2cg5oc2o] This week: Four keys to a Rhinos win in the WCC:Transparent Backgrounds/Waldorf.gif

The only place you can play either JJB or Delaney these days is at loose, in that middle unit.

You can't play either as edge second-rowers these days IMO, not mobile enough.

Just on Galloway's penalties. I'm betting he doesn't give away any more per game than JP did in his last two years. He used to pick up at least one a game for a high tackle or not getting off the tackled player.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain1421No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 20159 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2021Oct 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Emagdnim13 "We should be looking at keeping Lilley for the next few years at least.
Signing Oledzki and Ormonroyd when we have Mullally as a project is interesting... I assume they are academy age?.'"

Oledzki is 17/18 and one for the future. Ormondroyd is about 24, both will be about 6ft 4 or 5

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner28186No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2016Aug 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
"As you travel through life don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things" - George Carlin [url:2cg5oc2o]http://twitter.com/AndyGilder[/url:2cg5oc2o] [url:2cg5oc2o]http://fromthewesternterrace.blogspot.co.uk[/url:2cg5oc2o] This week: Four keys to a Rhinos win in the WCC:Transparent Backgrounds/Waldorf.gif

Ormondroyd is part 2 of GH trying to make up for what happened with Amor.

Tried it with Yates, and apart from winning a few penalties for high tackles it failed. So now he's fishing around in the Championship again.

RankPostsTeam
International Star11412No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2021Jul 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

"The Golden Generation finally has its Golden Fleece! They have Wembley Cup Final winners medals to add to their collection." 23/08/2014:

Quote: Andy Gilder "Just on Galloway's penalties. I'm betting he doesn't give away any more per game than JP did in his last two years. He used to pick up at least one a game for a high tackle or not getting off the tackled player.'"

Stats say Galloway has given away 14 penalties in 20 SL appearances. 3 of them were in the same game vs Cas away so 11 from the other 19 isn't really bad at all. He does seem to give away quite noticeable ones though.....he gave away the high shot vs Widnes last week with 2 mins left that gave them the field position to get the DG.

RankPostsTeam
International Star6848No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 201212 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2023Jul 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
68072_1442575000.jpg
What you looking at?....Butt Head!!:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_68072.jpg

I don't think Galloway has been too bad a signing overall. A bit too much was probably expected of him considering the man who's boots he was filling. Probably a six or seven out of ten season for me, i think the most impressive thing for me has been his willingness to never take a backward step or shirk responsibility despite our horrible season.

RankPostsTeam
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2021Jul 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

"The Golden Generation finally has its Golden Fleece! They have Wembley Cup Final winners medals to add to their collection." 23/08/2014:

Quote: Biff Tannen "I don't think Galloway has been too bad a signing overall. A bit too much was probably expected of him considering the man who's boots he was filling. Probably a six or seven out of ten season for me, i think the most impressive thing for me has been his willingness to never take a backward step or shirk responsibility despite our horrible season.'"

He's had a much better season than Cuthbertson, but Cuthbertson has a bit of 'money in the bank' from last year's showings.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner28186No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2016Aug 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Quote: ThePrinter "He's had a much better season than Cuthbertson, but Cuthbertson has a bit of 'money in the bank' from last year's showings.'"

Does seem that teams have worked out how to defend against Cuthbertson. The question then becomes does he have anything else in his locker?

We seem to have stopped the JP play from the last couple of years where he'd pass at the line. Would have thought Cuthbertson with his decent hands would be the ideal candidate to run that play again.

RankPostsTeam
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2021Jul 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Quote: Andy Gilder "Does seem that teams have worked out how to defend against Cuthbertson. The question then becomes does he have anything else in his locker?

We seem to have stopped the JP play from the last couple of years where he'd pass at the line. Would have thought Cuthbertson with his decent hands would be the ideal candidate to run that play again.'"

I don't know, I think after 6/7 rounds last year surely teams knew he was strong in the offload department yet he was still doing throughout the year. Personally it seemed to stop when Aiton got injured who often seemed to be in place to catch those offloads and who he had good on & off field chemistry with....yet he still produced 2 offloads in the set of 6 in which McGuire scored his 2nd try in the GF.

RankPostsTeam
International Star6848No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 201212 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2023Jul 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
68072_1442575000.jpg
What you looking at?....Butt Head!!:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_68072.jpg

Quote: Andy Gilder "Does seem that teams have worked out how to defend against Cuthbertson. The question then becomes does he have anything else in his locker?

We seem to have stopped the JP play from the last couple of years where he'd pass at the line. Would have thought Cuthbertson with his decent hands would be the ideal candidate to run that play again.'"

Do you think Cuthbertson will benefit from a proper hooker again, like Aiton last year who seemed to have us on the front foot more often than not and fed off a lot of Cuthbertsons off loads? was it just coincidence he was at his very best up until Aiton got his injury? Obviously the whole team has suffered without a 9 but him more than most for me.

I just want Cuthbertson running straight and hard again for a start, then his natural game will flow from there. I think he has suffered by taking too much responsibility in that his first thought is he has to create when in reality, he is a forward first and foremost, he needs to get back to that way of thinking.

Him
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member14970No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2021Nov 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2244_1299706258.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_2244.jpg

Quote: Biff Tannen "Do you think Cuthbertson will benefit from a proper hooker again, like Aiton last year who seemed to have us on the front foot more often than not and fed off a lot of Cuthbertsons off loads? was it just coincidence he was at his very best up until Aiton got his injury? Obviously the whole team has suffered without a 9 but him more than most for me.

I just want Cuthbertson running straight and hard again for a start, then his natural game will flow from there. I think he has suffered by taking too much responsibility in that his first thought is he has to create when in reality, he is a forward first and foremost, he needs to get back to that way of thinking.'"

Agree with that. I think he's trying to do too much and fix too many problems.

I also think when we, as a team, get back on the front foot and gain some confidence, his offloads will start to stick. IIRC at the very start of the season he and Burrow were doing a sort of run around offload play that was looking dangerous. When we get going again I reckon Cuthbertson will still be a dangerous player.

RankPostsTeam
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2021Jul 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Quote: Biff Tannen "Do you think Cuthbertson will benefit from a proper hooker again, like Aiton last year who seemed to have us on the front foot more often than not and fed off a lot of Cuthbertsons off loads? was it just coincidence he was at his very best up until Aiton got his injury? Obviously the whole team has suffered without a 9 but him more than most for me.

I just want Cuthbertson running straight and hard again for a start, then his natural game will flow from there. I think he has suffered by taking too much responsibility in that his first thought is he has to create when in reality, he is a forward first and foremost, he needs to get back to that way of thinking.'"

I think that's what he needs to do, just remember first and foremost he's a prop. Just again on the 'teams have worked him out'.....Round 21 last year we went away to Wigan, they'd already played against him twice that year and he'd already built up reputation as a massive offloader doing twice as many as the next guy, yet he did a season high 10 offloads that night, so again I don't buy the "he's been figured out" line.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner28186No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2016Aug 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

I can't recall too many times where he's been looking for the offload and there's been nobody there, so I'm not sure it is all down to missing Aiton. I do think teams are focused now on getting two men up top in the tackle and looking to make him tuck the ball away. Could be tied in with the continued use of wrestling techniques across all teams in SL, defences are just getting better at preventing the offload in general across the competition.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach8495
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Well played on Friday, well deserved win. Seems I was right to have the back and forth with Gotcha about the merits of your side and that there is quality there.

Both sides defended well, i think we were hampered by losing our 'running' half back and our most dynamic 2nd Rower in the 1st half leaving us pretty short, as we had no clue how to get over the line in the 2nd half. Sneyd doesnt seem to be able to create from the hands, so relies on kicks. that was our problem.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member17230No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Nov 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
3043_1291817917.jpg
#frostiesbitches We know who you are.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_3043.jpg

Quote: Wilde 3 "Well played on Friday, well deserved win. Seems I was right to have the back and forth with Gotcha about the merits of your side and that there is quality there.'"

Just to clarify here, and I am sure you will agree since it is only a few pages back to bring back to the front. I stated we did not have class all down our squad, which is what you said. I further stated that class was restricted to Watkins, Moon, and Segeyaro.

Correct me if wrong, but our best players on the night were the three above plus Garbutt, who was equally outstanding. In terms of "class" Friday highlighted exactly what I said.

149 posts in 11 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
149 posts in 11 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.34130859375:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
BORED The Band Name Game
Boss Hog
2m
Film game
karetaker
3m