JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
438_1551258406.jpg
"If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them," - Wayne Bennett.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_438.jpg

Where to start Jim!

Bradford's never been a great producer of RL talent. The reasons for that are complex but you can't ignore the fact that the city has a far lower level of grassroots participation in RL than places like Leeds, Hull and Wakefield. So clubs simply do not fish from similar ponds. Bradford has never had a lot of amateur clubs and this has dropped even further in the last 20 years. So if you're looking for Bradfordians that have come through the ranks then I'd say a lot more have come through in recent years. Whitehead, Bateman the Pryces and Ethan Ryan being the best examples. They've come from the only decent amateur clubs in the city. Before them you're looking at Brian Noble and Keith Mumby!

Players so not simply "get picked up" by other clubs. A lot fall through the net. Like young Bentley who wasn't wanted by anyone - he was one of the only players left after we went into liquidation after the squad was picked over by others - he thrived and was picked up later by Saints after we brought him on.

A lot has to be said for having a decent system in place. Leeds had/have one. We used to and that meant young players reached their potential. The Bradford system brought through dozens of SL and international players. That they brought a lot through despite being skint should be applauded. You can't dismiss that and say it didn't matter because someone else would've done the same. I see plenty of other clubs with academies who haven't despite having more money to spend.

As for the fanbase not being amazing that's a laugh. Every club would see its fanbase drop if it had gone through what we've been through. That includes Leeds who I remember playing in front of crowds of 4 and 5k in the mid 80s and you were still in the top division.

I agree with Exeter Rhino that the board stuck with McNamara far too long. He brought through the youngsters like Whitehead and Donaldson but it was too late. He also made some absolutely awful recruitment (Sheriffe, Worrincy etc). Basically we served a purpose for him to learn how to coach. When Potter came in it took a season to turn us around and when it did it was too late which was unfortunate because I think if he'd been appointed a year earlier we'd have avoided the drop.

Anyway back to now - it's good to see we're still disliked by some as I'd rather that than be seen as an irrelevance. Those derbies in the late 90s and early 00s are one of the things the game misses. We're unlikely to be back anytime soon while we have big Nigel in charge but one can dream. If you look at our history in the context of the last 100 years we do seem to go from boom to bust with only three periods of proper success and a lot of bust in between. By my reckoning we'll be back in around 2045 icon_rolleyes.gif

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain4705
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 20186 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
77264_1540382825.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_77264.jpg

Quote: Bullseye "Where to start Jim!

Bradford's never been a great producer of RL talent. The reasons for that are complex but you can't ignore the fact that the city has a far lower level of grassroots participation in RL than places like Leeds, Hull and Wakefield. So clubs simply do not fish from similar ponds. Bradford has never had a lot of amateur clubs and this has dropped even further in the last 20 years. So if you're looking for Bradfordians that have come through the ranks then I'd say a lot more have come through in recent years. Whitehead, Bateman the Pryces and Ethan Ryan being the best examples. They've come from the only decent amateur clubs in the city. Before them you're looking at Brian Noble and Keith Mumby!

Players so not simply "get picked up" by other clubs. A lot fall through the net. Like young Bentley who wasn't wanted by anyone - he was one of the only players left after we went into liquidation after the squad was picked over by others - he thrived and was picked up later by Saints after we brought him on.

A lot has to be said for having a decent system in place. Leeds had/have one. We used to and that meant young players reached their potential. The Bradford system brought through dozens of SL and international players. That they brought a lot through despite being skint should be applauded. You can't dismiss that and say it didn't matter because someone else would've done the same. I see plenty of other clubs with academies who haven't despite having more money to spend.

As for the fanbase not being amazing that's a laugh. Every club would see its fanbase drop if it had gone through what we've been through. That includes Leeds who I remember playing in front of crowds of 4 and 5k in the mid 80s and you were still in the top division.

I agree with Exeter Rhino that the board stuck with McNamara far too long. He brought through the youngsters like Whitehead and Donaldson but it was too late. He also made some absolutely awful recruitment (Sheriffe, Worrincy etc). Basically we served a purpose for him to learn how to coach. When Potter came in it took a season to turn us around and when it did it was too late which was unfortunate because I think if he'd been appointed a year earlier we'd have avoided the drop.

Anyway back to now - it's good to see we're still disliked by some as I'd rather that than be seen as an irrelevance. Those derbies in the late 90s and early 00s are one of the things the game misses. We're unlikely to be back anytime soon while we have big Nigel in charge but one can dream. If you look at our history in the context of the last 100 years we do seem to go from boom to bust with only three periods of proper success and a lot of bust in between. By my reckoning we'll be back in around 2045 That's a good post mate thanks.

I'm sure the reasons for not producing RL talent are complex, but that low level grassroots participation is significant IMO. It's not like the club hasn't had time or runs on the board of success over the years.

With the ponds, you are kind of agreeing with the point I made - Bradford don't seem to have (for various reasons) established much of a native Bradfordian pond, and so they've been picking up players in exactly the same other locations as other clubs squabble over. My point is then: if they were promoted back to SL, how does that improve the player development pool of the whole comp? That's assuming new player identification and development is a priority, which I strongly believe it is.

Re. Bentley, are you sure a Dewsbury, York, Featherstone wouldn't have taken him if Bradford hadn't? Plus, if Bradford were a SL side at the time they might not have initially taken him either, it probably needed to be a Champ club given where he was in his career at the time.

Not saying Bradford haven't done a good job once they got him, I'm sure they did.

Most players leaving Bradford seem to have good things to say about it as a club, and we wouldn't be sending three of our lads there if we thought it wouldn't be a good environment.

Fanbase: yes they attracted lots when they were tonking everyone by 30 points each game. Their crowds didn't hold up great when success went though and whereas I'm sure they're one of the better supported Champ clubs, would all those old fans return if Bulls were in SL again? And do they have better prospects of support now than York, Halifax etc.? Honestly I think the club did a great job in the Summer era as a marketing exercise, but too many of those fans were only there for the success and it showed when the bad times came again.

Maybe they are a sleeping giant in the Champ but the club has been run unsustainably for a long time now, and you have to compare what Bulls would bring against other aspiring clubs. Would Bradford be in my top 14 clubs if I was giving out licenses? Maybe, but certainly not a shoe-in for me.

RankPostsTeam
Moderator31736
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
438_1551258406.jpg
"If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them," - Wayne Bennett.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_438.jpg

Quote: KaeruJim "That's a good post mate thanks.

I'm sure the reasons for not producing RL talent are complex, but that low level grassroots participation is significant IMO. It's not like the club hasn't had time or runs on the board of success over the years.

With the ponds, you are kind of agreeing with the point I made - Bradford don't seem to have (for various reasons) established much of a native Bradfordian pond, and so they've been picking up players in exactly the same other locations as other clubs squabble over. My point is then

Two things really. One – Odsal and surrounding area (the main centre for RL in the city) shares its hinterland with a lot of Kirklees and Calderdale. Look at Odsal on a map and a mile down the road to the south you’re in Kirklees. A few miles further and you’re in Halifax. That means a lot of the Bradford “heartland” isn’t actually in Bradford. But just because its not the Bradford council area doesn’t mean the club shouldn’t be able to call kids in those areas “their own” most of our support comes from that part of the world. Elsewhere in the city is more football centric and in the north west you’d have a job persuading anyone in the Keighley area they have anything to do with Bradford. As for the east toward Thornbury and Bradford Moor and it’s not RL or football. In the centre around Manningham it used to be football but isn’t anything now. I guess what I’m saying is that you can skew things when plotting RL development on a map of local authority areas. RL allegiance doesn’t fit those boundaries. I grew up in Pudsey and have been a Bradford fan since 1980! I do know though that player ID is thing we’ve worked on hugely and that’s why we’ve seen the likes of the Pryces, Bateman, Whitehead and Trueman come through since the Bulls came along.

Second point does it matter who improves the player development pool? What really matters is that it is done well and whoever does it well does the whole game a service. We’ve done it well at Bradford and made a better fist of it than most, despite the lack of money or the RL hinterland.

Quote: KaeruJim "Re. Bentley, are you sure a Dewsbury, York, Featherstone wouldn't have taken him if Bradford hadn't? Plus, if Bradford were a SL side at the time they might not have initially taken him either, it probably needed to be a Champ club given where he was in his career at the time.'"

I didn’t make my point clear. Nobody took Bentley. He was a free agent at the end of 2016 just like the whole squad that was picked over by other clubs. Nobody was interested in signing him, not Dewsbury, not York or Fev but Bradford did once we started again and as you say we did a good job with him afterwards.

Quote: KaeruJim "Most players leaving Bradford seem to have good things to say about it as a club, and we wouldn't be sending three of our lads there if we thought it wouldn't be a good environment.'"
I hope that’s right. It hasn’t been on occasion for one reason or another but most Bradford fans with a brain are really grateful for the loan players we’ve had. Leeds in particular have been really good.

Quote: KaeruJim "Fanbase

As I already said all clubs would see the fan numbers drop if they went through what we did. Don’t kid yourself you wouldn’t see Leeds attendances fall to 4 or 5k or less if you went through the same thing. As I said I remember Leeds getting crowds like that when they weren’t successful. All clubs would be affected in the same way. Nobody is immune. Nevertheless we do get better gates than anyone else in the Championship despite 3 administrations, 1 liquidation, 2 relegations and losing a heap of home grown players to our rivals.

As for giving out licenses we don’t deserve one yet. I don’t recall saying we do. I hope we do get back into the elite at some point but there’s a lot of work to do.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain4705
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 20186 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
77264_1540382825.jpg

Again fair post. We have been terrible (beaten by Bulls being the epic low) for years, but Leeds has a higher core fan base than any other club IMO. It's not that fans of one club are any different from another as such: I do think the big swell in gates during Bullmania included a lot of glory fans though. The club bought success, allied with some very good marketing - but couldn't sustain it in the end. I can't see Bradford getting back to a dominant SL side any time soon so it's hard yards, as you say.

So Bradford are still getting Champ-best gates? That's good. It is a low bar these days but it's a positive.

Most Leeds fans would love to see a strong and sustainable Bradford back in the top flight, with some exceptions (!).

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain2448No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 20205 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: KaeruJim "Again fair post. We have been terrible (beaten by Bulls being the epic low) for years, but Leeds has a higher core fan base than any other club IMO. It's not that fans of one club are any different from another as such
I miss them. Ali needed a Frazier, Borg needed a McEnroe and both Leeds and Bradford needed each other and the 20k gate receipts that went with it. It just wasn't always apparent at the time.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain503No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 20205 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2022Oct 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Bullseye "Two things really. One – Odsal and surrounding area (the main centre for RL in the city) shares its hinterland with a lot of Kirklees and Calderdale. Look at Odsal on a map and a mile down the road to the south you’re in Kirklees. A few miles further and you’re in Halifax. That means a lot of the Bradford “heartland” isn’t actually in Bradford. But just because its not the Bradford council area doesn’t mean the club shouldn’t be able to call kids in those areas “their own” most of our support comes from that part of the world. Elsewhere in the city is more football centric and in the north west you’d have a job persuading anyone in the Keighley area they have anything to do with Bradford. As for the east toward Thornbury and Bradford Moor and it’s not RL or football. In the centre around Manningham it used to be football but isn’t anything now. I guess what I’m saying is that you can skew things when plotting RL development on a map of local authority areas. RL allegiance doesn’t fit those boundaries. I grew up in Pudsey and have been a Bradford fan since 1980! I do know though that player ID is thing we’ve worked on hugely and that’s why we’ve seen the likes of the Pryces, Bateman, Whitehead and Trueman come through since the Bulls came along.

Second point does it matter who improves the player development pool? What really matters is that it is done well and whoever does it well does the whole game a service. We’ve done it well at Bradford and made a better fist of it than most, despite the lack of money or the RL hinterland.

I didn’t make my point clear. Nobody took Bentley. He was a free agent at the end of 2016 just like the whole squad that was picked over by other clubs. Nobody was interested in signing him, not Dewsbury, not York or Fev but Bradford did once we started again and as you say we did a good job with him afterwards.

I hope that’s right. It hasn’t been on occasion for one reason or another but most Bradford fans with a brain are really grateful for the loan players we’ve had. Leeds in particular have been really good.

As I already said all clubs would see the fan numbers drop if they went through what we did. Don’t kid yourself you wouldn’t see Leeds attendances fall to 4 or 5k or less if you went through the same thing. As I said I remember Leeds getting crowds like that when they weren’t successful. All clubs would be affected in the same way. Nobody is immune. Nevertheless we do get better gates than anyone else in the Championship despite 3 administrations, 1 liquidation, 2 relegations and losing a heap of home grown players to our rivals.

As for giving out licenses we don’t deserve one yet. I don’t recall saying we do. I hope we do get back into the elite at some point but there’s a lot of work to do.'"

Great to speak to another Pudsey Lad.Interesting place Pudsey because I remember as a kid my dad telling me you could split his work place down the middle.Literally half loved rhinos and half loved the bulls.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4956
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
27794.gif
[b:1zy5cey6]"...To those people that wrote this team off... to all those that criticised this team... tonight's for you" [/b:1zy5cey6] [i:1zy5cey6]Sir Kevin Sinfield[/i:1zy5cey6]:27794.gif

Quote: ArthurClues "I miss them. Ali needed a Frazier, Borg needed a McEnroe and both Leeds and Bradford needed each other and the 20k gate receipts that went with it. It just wasn't always apparent at the time.'"

I agree ArthurClues
Leeds v Bradford was a great rivalry which certainly packed out both Headingley and Odsal, So much so that it became a cash cow and both clubs must have earned a fortune on the back of it during the golden years.
I personally miss the rivalry that we had with the Bulls as derbies against Castleford and Wakefield simply don't compare IMO

Some very good reasoned debate too on this subject by Bullseye and Jim too and also without any agendas or points scoring between them either which is a refreshing change to some topics on here

I'm not sure if Adeybull is still posting on the Bulls forum?
But he was also worth debating with back in the day of our rivalries

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain3615
JoinedServiceReputation
May 20168 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2022May 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Both Leeds and Bradford have endured financial difficulties which nearly closed them both down.

Leeds offered financial assistance to Bradford by allowing then to keep ticket money and loan them players whilst Bradford did everything they could to take players away from Leeds in a way to finish Leeds off in the mid 90s.

The Bradford rivalry was great for both clubs, great for the game but to me Bradford was never our rivals. Cas was always the big derby to me, the team i always wanted to beat more than any and that still remains.

Just wish we would help out well run clubs who deserve help like Batley.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member7331
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2074_1714824298.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_2074.jpg

Perhaps it is because I grew up in Bradford during the start of Bullmania, but for me Cas have never been serious rivals. Bradford may be out of SL but I doubt Cas will overhaul their SL trophy tally in the next 30 or even 50 years. Those Bulls-Rhinos games had real intensity and 'spice' (as Stevo would have put it) that I don't think I've seen in a Cas game (even the Sinfield headbutt game).

Since Bradford's demise our real rivals have been Wigan and Saints - even if we did suffer a bit of a dip in recent years.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach3092No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2023Feb 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
22575.gif
"Brian McDermott, with a wry smile, nods when asked if he remembers a specific incident which made him realise he was a prick. 'I do', he murmurs.":22575.gif

Quote: Marty Grrrrrrrrrr! "but to me Bradford was never our rivals. Cas was always the big derby to me,'"

Yeah same here. The Bulls era was great but we should never lose sight of the club's fundamentals - for Leeds it is and needs to be all about the Hun and Cas when it comes to our top local derbies.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain4705
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 20186 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
77264_1540382825.jpg

I’m probably different but it’s Wigan for me.

Cas is a big derby. Maybe not the intensity of Bradford but nicely that’s a result of the massive side the Bulls put together. My word they took it to you with Anderson, Fielden, Peacock and Vagana. Big part of the spice was Barrie Mac.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach3092No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2023Feb 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
22575.gif
"Brian McDermott, with a wry smile, nods when asked if he remembers a specific incident which made him realise he was a prick. 'I do', he murmurs.":22575.gif

Wigan is a big game but certainly not a derby match.

RankPostsTeam
International Star545No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 201410 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
73211_1601547937.png
PEOPLE BEFORE PROFIT!:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_73211.png

Quote: bdrhino "Great to speak to another Pudsey Lad.Interesting place Pudsey because I remember as a kid my dad telling me you could split his work place down the middle.Literally half loved rhinos and half loved the bulls.'"

I'm from Pudsey too. Well Farsley, Pudsey anyway. Moved to Mirfield to be with the Mrs, which similarly is another area that was a good mix on Leeds and Bradford fans. The Airedale Heffer which was run by John Charles son was great on rugby nights.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1164No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2022Dec 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: KaeruJim "

Re. Bentley, are you sure a Dewsbury, York, Featherstone wouldn't have taken him if Bradford hadn't? Plus, if Bradford were a SL side at the time they might not have initially taken him either, it probably needed to be a Champ club given where he was in his career at the time.'"

James Bentley was at Fev's scholarship system before then moving to Bradford (moved with the coach)

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain4705
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 20186 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
77264_1540382825.jpg

I hope Bentley lives up to his promise, he's not a player I've seen an awful lot of but plenty on here seem to think he'll kill it at Leeds. Seems a good lad, hope it all works out as planned.

Does anyone know where Corey Johnson will play for Bradford by the way? Used mostly at 7 for York, I'm kindof hoping he'll get a run at 9 for Bradford assuming he's physically ready.

43 posts in 4 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
43 posts in 4 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

4.70166015625:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
TV Games - Not Hull
Dave K.
2m
cats
Benny Profan
3m
Film game
karetaker
4m
SL CHAT THREAD OTHER TEAMS GAMES
chapylad
5m
Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4
chapylad
9m
TV games not Wire
karetaker
9m
Play off chances
christopher
10m
Shopping list for 2025
Jake the Peg
11m
Barrow A
Peter Goddar
17m
Sheffield v Dons Sunday 4/8/24 3pm
Wanderer
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
Tonights match v HKR
ratticusfinc
20s
Warrington h
Pie Eyed
23s
TV games not Wire
karetaker
47s
Rhyse Martin Out 2025
KaeruJim
54s
Film game
karetaker
1m
BORED The Band Name Game
Wanderer
1m
Dual Reg & Loans The Rules Explained
faxcar
1m
Sheffield v Dons Sunday 4/8/24 3pm
Wanderer
1m
Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4
chapylad
1m
SL CHAT THREAD OTHER TEAMS GAMES
chapylad
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
Squads - Warriors v Leopards
LeythIg
TODAY
Lockie Lam
Jake the Peg
TODAY
Leigh h pt 2
Father Ted
TODAY
Weve never had it so good
JONNYGIANT
TODAY
Leigh Away
The games af
TODAY
Dual Reg & Loans The Rules Explained
faxcar
TODAY
Salford Win the Mid Table Battle Over The Rhinos
RLFANS News
TODAY
Saints Back To Winning Ways With Big Win Over Hull FC
RLFANS News
TODAY
Hull KR Top of the League With Stunning Win Over Warrington
RLFANS News
TODAY
York at home
WT_Midlander
TODAY
cats
Benny Profan
TODAY
Tonights match v HKR
ratticusfinc
TODAY
New 4-year deal for Marshall
Jason65
TODAY
Keelan Foster
AdamH
TODAY
Jose Kenga
Wanderer
TODAY
Deadline day signings
Bully_Boxer
TODAY
Prediction Competition Week 21 plus rearranged game
taxi4stevesm
TODAY
Panthers v Knights
terry silver
TODAY
Barrow A
Peter Goddar
TODAY
RFL disciplinary double standards
faxcar
TODAY
5 countries tender bids to host the 2030 RLWC
RobRiches
NEWS ITEMS
VIEWS
Salford Win the Mid Table Batt..
Saints Back To Winning Ways Wi..
Hull KR Top of the League With..
Wakefield Trinity Back to Winn..
Catalans Dragons Defeat Hull F..
Salford Move Closer To Play Of..
Warrington Wolves Humiliate Wi..
Bill Arthur Rest In Peace..
Rhinos Comfortably Win Scrappy..
Battling Tigers Beat The Drago..
Hull KR Defeat Leeds In Headin..
Twelve Man Warrington Stun Sai..
2024 State of Origin - Game 3 ..
Wakefield March On With Win Ov..
Catalans Dragons Swap Places W..
POSTSONLINEREGISTRATIONSRECORD
19.61M +13,460 ↑21080,09214,103
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.

When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
RLFANS Match Centre
 TODAY
     National Rugby League 2024-R22
 FT
Hover 
Penrith
22-14
Newcastle
 FT
Hover 
Canterbury
22-18
Canberra
     Womens Super League 2024-R10
 FT 
FeatherstoneW
6-68
LeedsW
 FT 
BarrowW
6-64
St.HelensW
 FT 
Wire W
0-61
York V
 FT 
WiganW
70-0
Hudds W
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R20
 FT 
LondonB
12-10
Catalans
       League One 2024-R18
 FT 
Keighley
72-12
Newcastle
 FT 
Oldham
32-0
Midlands
 FT 
Rochdale
46-32
Cornwall
 FT 
Workington
24-28
Crusaders
       Championship 2024-R20
 FT 
Barrow
24-24
Bradford
 FT 
Dewsbury
16-42
Wakefield
 FT 
Featherstone
24-16
Batley
 FT 
Halifax
38-18
York
 FT 
Sheffield
22-20
Doncaster
 FT 
Whitehaven
12-24
Widnes
 Tue 6th Aug
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R2
20:00
Wigan
v
Leigh
 Thu 8th Aug
     National Rugby League 2024-R23
10:50
Souths
v
Melbourne
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R21
St.Helens
v
Salford
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)
Matches on TV
Sun 4th Aug
SL
15:00
LondonB12-10Catalans
Thu 8th Aug
SL
St.Helens-Salford
Fri 9th Aug
SL
Huddersfield-Catalans
SL
Hull KR-Castleford
Sat 10th Aug
SL
Leeds-Wigan
Sun 11th Aug
SL
Leigh-Hull FC
SL
LondonB-Warrington
Sat 17th Aug
SL
19:30
Warrington-Leeds
SL
17:00
Wigan-St.Helens
SL
14:30
Hull FC-LondonB
Sun 18th Aug
SL
13:30
Leigh-Salford
SL
Catalans-Hull KR
SL
18:30
Huddersfield-Castleford
Fri 23rd Aug
SL
Castleford-Warrington
SL
Leeds-Catalans
Sat 24th Aug
SL
St.Helens-Hull KR
SL
14:00
Salford-Huddersfield
Sun 25th Aug
SL
LondonB-Leigh
SL
Wigan-Hull FC
Fri 30th Aug
SL
Hull KR-Salford
Sun 4th Aug
SL
LIVE
LondonB12-10Catalans
WSL2024
LIVE
FeatherstoneW6-68LeedsW
WSL2024
LIVE
BarrowW6-64St.HelensW
WSL2024
LIVE
Wire W0-61York V
WSL2024
LIVE
WiganW70-0Hudds W
L1
LIVE
Keighley72-12Newcastle
L1
LIVE
Oldham32-0Midlands
L1
LIVE
Rochdale46-32Cornwall
L1
LIVE
Workington24-28Crusaders
CH
LIVE
Barrow24-24Bradford
CH
LIVE
Dewsbury16-42Wakefield
CH
LIVE
Featherstone24-16Batley
CH
LIVE
Halifax38-18York
CH
LIVE
Sheffield22-20Doncaster
CH
LIVE
Whitehaven12-24Widnes
NRL
LIVE
Penrith22-14Newcastle
NRL
LIVE
Canterbury22-18Canberra
Sat 3rd Aug
SL 20 Hull FC6-46St.Helens
SL 20 Salford22-16Leeds
CH 20 Swinton4-48Toulouse
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Mens Betfred Super League XXVIII ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Hull KR 20 503 259 244 30
Wigan 19 495 258 237 30
Warrington 20 502 267 235 28
Salford 20 377 382 -5 26
St.Helens 20 501 262 239 24
Catalans 20 376 286 90 24

Leeds 20 371 364 7 20
Leigh 19 392 286 106 19
Huddersfield 20 350 453 -103 14
Castleford 20 336 523 -187 13
Hull FC 20 274 612 -338 6
LondonB 20 210 735 -525 4
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Betfred Championship 2024 ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wakefield 18 626 222 404 34
Sheffield 18 510 303 207 26
Toulouse 17 516 224 292 25
Widnes 18 434 319 115 23
Bradford 18 421 321 100 22
Featherstone 18 464 375 89 18

Doncaster 18 338 432 -94 17
York 19 446 383 63 16
Batley 18 300 390 -90 16
Halifax 18 356 477 -121 14