OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Oct 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
10145_1279728778.png
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_10145.png

Quote: rhinoms "Eagle-Just for balance.
Burrows deficiencies at 9 have been covered on numerous occasions as have Jjb and Abletts brain farts to concede daft soft penalties ,Sinfield's poor defence out wide ,Mcguires form loss ,Baileys antics the Coaches selections/substitutions etc etc.
After EVERY game the positives and negatives of the team and individuals performances/form etc gets discussed and opinons exchanged mate you've been on here long enough and should know and see that.'"

Completely agree. What I was pointing out was that some players deficiencies get brought up, and are accepted. One or two seem to get discuissed over and over again. If it was all in 1 thread Kirke's would be longer than the Bailey thread

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach15864No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Oct 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
10145_1279728778.png

Quote: G1 "Innacuraccies about Kirke.

1. He's cheap. He's been a member of the first 17 for 8 years. He's had interest from Wakefield and Bradford. He won't be the highest paid but I'll wager he was on more than many junior who could have replicated his role and more than Moore, Amor and lots more.
'"

I agree. He's not cheap, like Moore or a Junior would be. In reality no-one knows what he earns in respect of the other players. What we know is that there is a strict structure at Leeds, and he will be earning comparatively little, when you consider his status within the squad

Quote: G1 "
2. His coach doesn't want him to carry the ball forward. If so, we need a new coach.
'"

Not what has been said. Of course he needs to carry the ball, but I wouldn't be surprised if he was there to be more of a defensive player. Its the role he usually seems to do well when on the pitch

3. He's a decent defender. See TVOCs post. He makes an average number of tackles at best. I refuse to accept that he might lean into someone else's tackles every now and again as a justification for his selection.
'"
I disagree. I accept that his recent defensive performances have been error strewn, but that is not typical. If you are so keen to dismiss the efforts of assisting others tackles then either you don't understand the game as much as you like to brag, or you are trying to deflect from one of his genuine plus points. either way it does your argument no favours. In terms of an average number of tackles, I would say per game its about right (for a prop), but I would say he gets least minutes of all the props, and therefore his tackles per minute are pretty high
4. Successive coaches have picked him so they must know more than us. Maybe. Maybe not. Graham West drives a taxi now. What is Brian McLennan doing? Coaches make errors of Judgment. It's why they get sacked.
'"

Its not that a successive coach has picked him, its that three sucessive coaches have picked him. Three coaches that between them have won 6 GF titles with us. And the CEO. These things don't happen by change. Decisions have to be made and only if those decisions are right the majority of the time do you end up with a success let alone 6. How could that group of people have got so many decisions right, yet missed this one for 8 years. Its just not logical. You may mock some former coaches, but they will have forgotten more about the game than we will ever know.

For example, I have watched live court cases, I have been married to a solicitor, I have read up on and discussed legal issues. I have researched laws and statutes applicable to situations that affect me. Does that mean I know more about the law than you? What if you lost your job? And decided you could do without the pressure, so ran a bar? Would I still know more than you about the law? I doubt it.

He's a lanky streak of lazy softcock who doesn't earn the blue and amber jersey he steals off someone else week in week out.'"

No he's lacking in 1 area of the game that you attach specific value to over all other areas. In all other areas he is competent and makes a valid contribution. Open your eyes and see the bigger picture.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach15864No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Oct 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
10145_1279728778.png

Quote: G1 "How much better would we be with one of the form hookers in the comp, Lunt and one of tyhe form props, Amor.

Oopsie!'"

true. Sometimes its hard to fathom decisions that are made

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member17230No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Nov 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
3043_1291817917.jpg
#frostiesbitches We know who you are.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_3043.jpg

Quote: The Eagle "No he's lacking in 1 area of the game that you attach specific value to over all other areas. In all other areas he is competent and makes a valid contribution. Open your eyes and see the bigger picture.'"

That's the problem Eagle. I can't deny this argument would have stood up in previous seasons, but doesn't no longer. He has been poor in this area this season, to compliment his other poor areas. The here, now, and future are what matters, not the past.

I also don't agree with your comment that he will be "comparatively" cheap. He is a first team regular, picked week in week out. He will be on more than Clarkson and Ward, and probably "comparative" to the likes of Moon and BJB. Of course just educated guesses though.

G1
RankPostsTeam
International Chairman32302No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2018Oct 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
982.jpg
[quote:1pqtnbtj]Every player in our squad could probably earn more money with another club. But they prefer to sacrifice a few extra quid in their back pocket to share special memories. And playing at a place like Old Trafford on a night like this makes it all worthwhile.[/quote:1pqtnbtj] Kevin Sinfield:982.jpg

Quote: The Eagle " you don't understand the game as much as you like to brag, '"

How dare you. I am too intelligent, good looking, articulate, well endowed and wealthy to indulge in bragging.

Quote: The Eagle "In terms of an average number of tackles, I would say per game its about right (for a prop), but I would say he gets least minutes of all the props, and therefore his tackles per minute are pretty high'"
I would say he doesn't. I would say he gets less than JP but is comparable with the others. He gets more than Singleton, probably more than Kylie.

Quote: The Eagle "For example, I have watched live court cases, I have been married to a solicitor, I have read up on and discussed legal issues. I have researched laws and statutes applicable to situations that affect me. Does that mean I know more about the law than you? '"
It might. I know feck all and spend most of my days on here but nobody seems to have found me out yet.

Quote: The Eagle "What if you lost your job? And decided you could do without the pressure, so ran a bar?'"
That would be awesome. To complete the fantasy can the wife leave me when I lose my job? I'd call the bar "Shirker Kirkes" and, of course, I would let my colleagues do all the work and carry me to success.

Quote: The Eagle "No he's lacking in 1 area of the game that you attach specific value to over all other areas. In all other areas he is competent and makes a valid contribution. Open your eyes and see the bigger picture.'"
He very lazy. When I see him not being lazy, I will acknowledge it. I know laziness when I see it and I am well judged to see it.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach15864No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Oct 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
10145_1279728778.png

Quote: Gotcha "That's the problem Eagle. I can't deny this argument would have stood up in previous seasons, but doesn't no longer. He has been poor in this area this season, to compliment his other poor areas. The here, now, and future are what matters, not the past.

I also don't agree with your comment that he will be "comparatively" cheap. He is a first team regular, picked week in week out. He will be on more than Clarkson and Ward, and probably "comparative" to the likes of Moon and BJB. Of course just educated guesses though.'"

I would imagine he's at a similar level to BJB, although BJB is an international of sorts inst he, so would be higher. He'd be higher than Clarkson, but probably only on tenure. Moon would be interesting, as a high profile signing from another SL club, I would anticipate on more than Kirke, but not vastly. I would imagine he'd be at the low end of anyone over 24, but above most people younger.

His current form has been poor defensively. The line between form and history is very blurred. Looking at the stats there have been some shocking games for him at times this year. You do have to question how long you give a lower performing member of the team to re-find 'form'. McShane, Clarkson et al seem to get droped on the first bad game. I can't work out what the rational is for that, yet many other players are allowed to play themselves back into form. But poor defensive form must put Kirke in line for being dropped if his attack is still not up to much, that much I agree

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach15864No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Oct 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
10145_1279728778.png

Quote: G1 "How dare you. I am too intelligent, good looking, articulate, well endowed and wealthy to indulge in bragging.

I would say he doesn't. I would say he gets less than JP but is comparable with the others. He gets more than Singleton, probably more than Kylie.

It might. I know feck all and spend most of my days on here but nobody seems to have found me out yet.

That would be awesome. To complete the fantasy can the wife leave me when I lose my job? I'd call the bar "Shirker Kirkes" and, of course, I would let my colleagues do all the work and carry me to success.

He very lazy. When I see him not being lazy, I will acknowledge it. I know laziness when I see it and I am well judged to see it.'"

Nice to see a bit of variation on your arguments, by avoiding the discussion using lighthearted comments.

Of your only point worth responding to there I would say that generally the order of props is 1) Peacock 2) Leuluai 3) Bailey 4) Kirke 5) Moore

Leuluai's lack of stamina will always lead to low minutes. Probably about 35-40 mins per game
Bailey is usually first to emerge from the bench replacing Kylie. I would say of all the non-Peacock props he gets most time
Kirke in general has been used as a replacement for Peacock, probably getting similar minutes to Kylie.
Moore - often only given short minutes, and only when someone is injured

Now things have been a bit different this year, with more focus on a 'prop' at 13, which has meant that Bailey has often started, and obviously injuries move that pecking order around.

Singleton has rarely been used as a prop, though I accept the recent use of a 13 is as a prop Aussie-style. However, when available he has usually started games rather than coming on as a replacement. I would say that he probably gets more minutes too, and so he should, he looks the part.

RankPostsTeam
International Star798
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 201212 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2024Apr 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: G1 "Innacuraccies about Kirke.

He's a lanky streak of lazy softcock who doesn't earn the blue and amber jersey he steals off someone else week in week out.'"

That's the funniest thing I've heard in ages. Had us all laughing at work.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach19234No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2016Feb 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
35376_1277564281.gif
[img:35s0tdes]http://i84.servimg.com/u/f84/12/34/74/45/lr200913.gif[/img:35s0tdes]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_35376.gif

Quote: D4mo78 "That's the funniest thing I've heard in ages. Had us all laughing at work.'"

The sad thing is though when you get near him he's a giant and built like a brick outhouse unfortunately he's missing the fire and aggression to make good use of it!

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1488No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jun 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: D4mo78 "That's the funniest thing I've heard in ages. Had us all laughing at work.'"

Work? Congrats

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach19234No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2016Feb 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
35376_1277564281.gif
[img:35s0tdes]http://i84.servimg.com/u/f84/12/34/74/45/lr200913.gif[/img:35s0tdes]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_35376.gif

That's the wrong Damo Doc!

RankPostsTeam
International Star798
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 201212 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2024Apr 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Yeah, I'm the intellectual Damo

RankPostsTeam
International Star11412No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2021Jul 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

"The Golden Generation finally has its Golden Fleece! They have Wembley Cup Final winners medals to add to their collection." 23/08/2014:

You're thinking of the Damo who has Nick Clegg on speed dial.

G1
RankPostsTeam
International Chairman32302No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2018Oct 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
982.jpg
[quote:1pqtnbtj]Every player in our squad could probably earn more money with another club. But they prefer to sacrifice a few extra quid in their back pocket to share special memories. And playing at a place like Old Trafford on a night like this makes it all worthwhile.[/quote:1pqtnbtj] Kevin Sinfield:982.jpg

Quote: The Eagle "Nice to see a bit of variation on your arguments, by avoiding the discussion using lighthearted comments.
'"

Avoiding the discussion on Kirke. I hardly think so. It's been said, ad nauseum.

You've repeated the arguments in Kirke's defence, I've addressed them I'm not interested in some epic Juan versus TVOC debate. I intend to devote as much effort to discussing Kirke going forward as kirfke devotes to match days, the bare minimum.

So, in a nutshell, he's lazy and soft.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach15864No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Oct 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
10145_1279728778.png

Quote: G1 "Avoiding the discussion on Kirke. I hardly think so. It's been said, ad nauseum.

You've repeated the arguments in Kirke's defence, I've addressed them I'm not interested in some epic Juan versus TVOC debate. I intend to devote as much effort to discussing Kirke going forward as kirfke devotes to match days, the bare minimum.

So, in a nutshell, he's lazy and soft.'"

Fair enough, don't go bringing him into another players discussion next time.

I'm sure we will be here in about 5 days time repeating it all again., until then I bid you good day

142 posts in 10 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
142 posts in 10 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.44287109375:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Tonights match v HKR
matt_wire
14m
Recruitment rumours and links
Philth
14m