JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 201410 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2019Feb 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Cherry_Warrior "More or less at training match to be fair but was quite looking forward to seeing how the young lads were doing at Leeds. Walker showed glimpses, Oledski has a bright future, think Smith and Whiteley showed glimpses too. Don't think Golding or Mullally will ever be good enough at this level and the jury is out on Ormondroyd and Baldwinson. Think Sutcliffe and Newman are light years away. Newman in particular. Great experience for them though. Will stand them in good stead.'"

Mullally actually has been very good this season and deserves his place in the side, Ormondroyd not good enough and Baldwinson unfortunately hasnt really kicked on, unsure whether that is his fault or poor management by Mac but probably a mix of the two.

One thing that I think is a big difference between Wigan young players and ours is that even their backs seem to be very well built as they come into the side, whereas our always seem far too skinny and never look like busting a tackle, although tbf your young wingers are a couple of years older than those we debuted tonight.

RankPostsTeam
International Star1439No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 201410 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2019Feb 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Charlie Sheen "Leeds could've decided not to offer Smith a big contract and let him go. Leeds obviously thought he was worth it. 12 months on and doesn't look to have been a good decision, but then again you don't expect an 18 year old who's spent a large portion of that time injured to be ready for SL yet. He needs to get his fitness sorted as frankly, he simply looks too fat, but he's got talent, and there's undoubted potential there, so hopefully the tough period he's had will provide him with the necessary motivation to come back stronger next season.'"

Biggest worry about smith for me is that when he had a 4 on 3 overlap he chose to kick instead of going through the hands,nothing to do with fitness, just a dumb play and not what I would like to see from a ball playing 13.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member17230No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2024Nov 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
3043_1291817917.jpg
#frostiesbitches We know who you are.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_3043.jpg

Quote: leedsnsouths "Biggest worry about smith for me is that when he had a 4 on 3 overlap he chose to kick instead of going through the hands,nothing to do with fitness, just a dumb play and not what I would like to see from a ball playing 13.'"

I didn't see game as travelling, so can't comment on performance. But that comment on Smith I would add, is probably the half back in him that a lot in the game were calling for him to start, rather than the big forward the club coaching want him to be, and the big weight gain in short time. His body possibly not able to do what his mind thinks. Part of the difference he was over others in the game at junior level, were his reading of the game, and skills to come up with things not expected.

Looking st stats of the game, Baldwinson, Jordan Roberts, and Mullalley show absolutely excellent defensive stats, an area you wouldn't have expected from these players, in such a weakened line up. That tells me a lot about their ability to do a job when in a full line up.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain436
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 20168 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2021Apr 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: SmokeyTA "Thats not it works. Thats not how any of it works.'"

I'd agree that in a free market that's not how wage negotiations work, but isn't the point of this whole argument about Walker that it's not a free market - there's a structure (certainly at that age) that players fit in to. You'd presume that to break that structure you need to promise to deliver more than your peers, so rightly those paying the wages will be expecting more.

RankPostsTeam
International Star4091No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 201410 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2022Nov 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Cherry_Warrior "Don't think Golding or Mullally will ever be good enough at this level'"

Golding is only 20, a bit young to be written off just yet, hopefully he will develop over the next few years, he's also just returned from a hamstring injury.

Mullally has looked good this year. He's never going to be a world beater, but as 4th choice prop, probably on a small contract, we're doing alright with Mullally.

RankPostsTeam
International Star880No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Yeah fair do's with Mullally, you guys see a lot more than i do. With Golding though, every time i see him there just seems to be something missing and i can't put my finger on it. I just don't see him as a long term no.1. I don't think he offers enough of whats required of a full back. he will get better naturally with age but i don't see him improving to a top level standard. Usually when full backs come onto the scene, instantly you can see a 'wow' factor that singles them out from the rest.

RankPostsTeam
International Star1285No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

"Leeds is the greatest club in Rugby League" Alex Murphy 2011:

The main thing I've learned from last night's game was just how poor a ref Thaler has become. He had nothing to do with where the 2 points went, it was always going to be a cakewalk for Wigan, but I thought Thaler was atrocious. Teams that stick closer to the rules are always going to be disadvantaged under the officiating of Thaler, and the amount of yardage made by Wigan moving off the mark would run into hundreds of yards throughout the course of last night's game. The missed forward passes, or disregarded, depending on which way you look at it, are reaching epidemic proportions again. Thaler is a symptom of the RFL's green light in encouraging cheating, and l really hope we don't have him for the semi final, for our or Hull's sake. Because it's a flagship game being broadcast at peak time on terrestial TV, it's anyone's guess as to just how much the designated ref will be told to let go. Give me Child's poor eyesight over Thaler's dishonesty every time.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1349No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Cherry_Warrior "Yeah fair do's with Mullally, you guys see a lot more than i do. With Golding though, every time i see him there just seems to be something missing and i can't put my finger on it. I just don't see him as a long term no.1. I don't think he offers enough of whats required of a full back. he will get better naturally with age but i don't see him improving to a top level standard. Usually when full backs come onto the scene, instantly you can see a 'wow' factor that singles them out from the rest.'"

I would agree with you there. He really tries hard and looks to have talent but I also feel he is missing something. I don't want to write him off but Jack Walker has offered so much more in the minimal gametime he has had and he appears to have the WOW factor.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach24132
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
11400_1493633977.gif
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_11400.gif

Quote: rugbyleague88 "I would agree with you there. He really tries hard and looks to have talent but I also feel he is missing something. I don't want to write him off but Jack Walker has offered so much more in the minimal gametime he has had and he appears to have the WOW factor.'"

much as I like golding I agree. given leeds knew of walkers talents, and he was a full back, it makes the 5 year deal for golding look a little odd.
unless leeds have other plans for him of course.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain338
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 20168 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2017Sep 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
74701_1487935178.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_74701.jpg

I think McDermott will have learned a fair bit from the game. JJR, Oledzki and Whiteley showed that they can do a job if needed in the super 8s. Newman isn't ready for SL yet and Sutcliffe looked confident in defence but struggled against Wigan' s quick line speed.

Do have to say that I was disappointed with Golding last night, he rarely looked to pass and was caught out in defence quite often.

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman0
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2012Jan 1970LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
6_1349433453.gif
[b:n88fp6ad][size=100:n88fp6ad]RLFANS.COM news items are posted in forums where it is thought that they will be of interest to the readership, all comments made below will also be available for viewing through the front page.[/size:n88fp6ad][/b:n88fp6ad]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_6.gif

Warriors Nil Young Rhinos to go SeventhA vastly weakened Leeds Rhinos side with one eye on next weekend’s Challenge Cup final against Hull FC made the trip over the Pennines to take on a strong looking Wigan Warriors side who are also in Cup action against Salford Red Devils a week on Sunday.

The bookies gave the second placed Rhinos absolutely no chance of taking the two points, and handed them a twenty point start on the coupon, despite the Rhinos winning the game at Headingley earlier in the season by 26-18.

A win for the Rhinos would come close to killing off and aspirations that eighth placed Wigan might have of a top four finish, but a home victory would put them right in the mix.

READ MORE ON THIS STORY...
Warriors Nil Young Rhinos to go SeventhA vastly weakened Leeds Rhinos side with one eye on next weekend’s Challenge Cup final against Hull FC made the trip over the Pennines to take on a strong looking Wigan Warriors side who are also in Cup action against Salford Red Devils a week on Sunday.

The bookies gave the second placed Rhinos absolutely no chance of taking the two points, and handed them a twenty point start on the coupon, despite the Rhinos winning the game at Headingley earlier in the season by 26-18.

A win for the Rhinos would come close to killing off and aspirations that eighth placed Wigan might have of a top four finish, but a home victory would put them right in the mix.

READ MORE ON THIS STORY...

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain80No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 20177 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2017Aug 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
75798_1488375788.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_75798.jpg

Quote: WF Rhino "I think McDermott will have learned a fair bit from the game. JJR, Oledzki and Whiteley showed that they can do a job if needed in the super 8s. Newman isn't ready for SL yet and Sutcliffe looked confident in defence but struggled against Wigan' s quick line speed.

Do have to say that I was disappointed with Golding last night, he rarely looked to pass and was caught out in defence quite often.'"

Agree with your first comment on retaining some of youngsters been retained for Super 8s ,especially Whiteley given that Burrow is injured we need another out right hooker. to take pressure off Parcell.

As for the second comment don't agree. ...maybe I was watching a different match to everyone else , but comments seem same on all forums. He just returned from injury, was playing at stand off which is not his usual position. He tracked back to save at least two tries, which should have been Walker's job so the score would have been higher....he also bailed Walker out on a few other occasions. Two of Wigan's tries were as a result of Walker not been there to stop them..which is his job as FB...one which was a very soft try. Yes he is good on attack but it no good if he letting tries be shipped in. Ok would be different if more seniors were playing.. Other criticism of Golding was he dropped ball..He knocked on from a poor pass in second half which had also deflected off a players arm but you could tell Golding was annoyed with himself for it happening..which to me shows signs that he is dedicated and know he will work on errors..Also baring in mind second match not playing in usual position last time on wing. I would also add no his performance not the best, but would not say he was worst on pitch either.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member9565No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2019Dec 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
fonds noir/Buzz Lightyear.gif
:fonds noir/Buzz Lightyear.gif

I'd love to see Golding pass more. The way he comes at the line he looks more like a 6/7 than a fullback, but he then doesn't pass enough.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain338
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 20168 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2017Sep 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
74701_1487935178.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_74701.jpg

Quote: TheSnowmonkey "Agree with your first comment on retaining some of youngsters been retained for Super 8s ,especially Whiteley given that Burrow is injured we need another out right hooker. to take pressure off Parcell.

As for the second comment don't agree. ...maybe I was watching a different match to everyone else , but comments seem same on all forums. He just returned from injury, was playing at stand off which is not his usual position. He tracked back to save at least two tries, which should have been Walker's job so the score would have been higher....he also bailed Walker out on a few other occasions. Two of Wigan's tries were as a result of Walker not been there to stop them..which is his job as FB...one which was a very soft try. Yes he is good on attack but it no good if he letting tries be shipped in. Ok would be different if more seniors were playing.. Other criticism of Golding was he dropped ball..He knocked on from a poor pass in second half which had also deflected off a players arm but you could tell Golding was annoyed with himself for it happening..which to me shows signs that he is dedicated and know he will work on errors..Also baring in mind second match not playing in usual position last time on wing. I would also add no his performance not the best, but would not say he was worst on pitch either.'"

I appreciate he was not playing in his usual position (though he spent time in his junior games at half back) and he is still returning from injury but he was far too reluctant to pass. It's the only part of his game he's really been struggling with this year and I was hoping that a game in the halves would allow him to at least show that he is capable of passing but it didn't happen. Golding has got a mature head on his shoulders and I'm sure he will look back at the video this week and realise that he failed in his main role as a pivot and will take steps to rectify it.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain11No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 20177 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2018Sep 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Come on you rhinos! Live down south working as an expert [url=http://swiftlocksmiths.co.uk/redland/:217bkvwj]locksmith redland[/url:217bkvwj]:

At least that's out of the way! Looking forward to Super 8s now

123 posts in 9 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
123 posts in 9 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.24951171875:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Other Championship Clubs
Trojan Horse
1m
Round 16 London Home
KaeruJim
5m