JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 20159 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2023Aug 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Interesting. I always read it as he was on loan until the end of the season. But while he was out there he'd be putting himself in the shop window to try earn a contract somewhere. To hear him say he expects to be going back to Leeds Implies there can't have been much interest so far.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5526
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2018Jan 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

1 Warrington 2 Hull 3 Wigan 4 Castleford 4 Castleford 5 St Helens 6 Leeds 7 Catalans 8 Hudedersfield 9 Widnes 10 Wakefield 11 Salford 12 Leigh Playoffs:Warrington Hull Wigan Castleford Four sides rejoining: Widnes Wakefield Salford Leigh GF Winners Warrington CC Winners Wigan:

If he comes back a better player & a more mature & rounded individual then I for one would be delighted to see him back in Rhinos colours.

RankPostsTeam
International Star426
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2017Dec 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

2015 Vintage Hardaker with a positive attitude I'd welcome back in a heartbeat. 2016's sulking want away trouble causing Zak can look elsehere

RankPostsTeam
International Star11412No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2021Jul 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

"The Golden Generation finally has its Golden Fleece! They have Wembley Cup Final winners medals to add to their collection." 23/08/2014:

Quote: rhino phil "2015 Vintage Hardaker with a positive attitude I'd welcome back in a heartbeat. 2016's sulking want away trouble causing Zak can look elsehere'"

Likewise.

If we get several weeks into the new season and we have another Hardaker incident to deal with then I think a lot of people will lose their patience with him.

RankPostsTeam
International Star1439No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 201410 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2019Feb 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Joshheff90 "Interesting. I always read it as he was on loan until the end of the season. But while he was out there he'd be putting himself in the shop window to try earn a contract somewhere. To hear him say he expects to be going back to Leeds Implies there can't have been much interest so far.'"

I think there would be interest if he were a free agent, but teams don't usually pay transfer fees over there, and I think transfer fees usually count towards the cap as well, explaining why struggling clubs with loads of money don't just break the bank to bring in a star player, never mind someone who is still quite unproven in the NRL

In fact they seem to do the opposite, Souths want rid of Tom Burgess and expect to pay of the rest of his contract instead of receiving a transfer fee for him, its completely the opposite to how it works over here

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1755
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200817 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2023Jan 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
38511.jpg
[b:3v5chy3z]Brian McDermott paraphrased Peter Fox. "He'd say if we had 13 Bernard Dwyers we wouldn't lose many RL games. It's the same for us with JJB"[/b:3v5chy3z]:38511.jpg

i think that the club would agree to a compromise deal if an nrl club was genuinely interested in signing zak
the club don't want a rival sl club snapping zak up on a freebie

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain1421No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 20159 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2021Oct 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

This may, just may be Hardaker playing a smart strategy if he wants to stay in the nrl and he/his agent has heard Leeds are after a halfback for next year.

With Ferres signing today, I think that only leaves JJB of the first team squad not signed up for next season. Assuming he gets another deal, he has certainly grafted to earn one, the club probably has no or little space left.

Hardaker's exit could be needed for GH to facilitate one more recruit.

Hardaker indicating he is on an educational trip to benefit Leeds next year may mean GH has to lower any fee for Zak and allow him to move on , whilst indicating a more mature approach from Hardaker rather than trying to moan or apply pressure to leave in public.

On other hand and quite likely this could be total cobblers and Leeds have no target.
Either way Zak wisely keeping options open.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member9565No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2019Dec 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
fonds noir/Buzz Lightyear.gif
:fonds noir/Buzz Lightyear.gif

He also refers to being tied down to a long-term contract by Leeds. Interesting that he wasn't "wise" enough to insist on a shorter contract.

Signing a long-term deal for a sportsman (who are always an injury away from retirement) put him in a fortunate position of having a degree of financial security not open to most. The trade-off is that the club then expect him to honour the pesky thing rather than hoof it at his whim.

I don't think transfer fees count on the NRL cap, but they have never been part of the sport here. Clubs do have a tendency to let unhappy players leave whilst paying some of their wages though.

RankPostsTeam
International Star6848No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 201212 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2023Jul 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
68072_1442575000.jpg
What you looking at?....Butt Head!!:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_68072.jpg

Quote: BrisbaneRhino "He also refers to being tied down to a long-term contract by Leeds. Interesting that he wasn't "wise" enough to insist on a shorter contract.

Signing a long-term deal for a sportsman (who are always an injury away from retirement) put him in a fortunate position of having a degree of financial security not open to most. The trade-off is that the club then expect him to honour the pesky thing rather than hoof it at his whim.

I don't think transfer fees count on the NRL cap, but they have never been part of the sport here. Clubs do have a tendency to let unhappy players leave whilst paying some of their wages though.'"

A lot could depend on how much Leeds want him back, thats if they do at all. also, if not would they want to see him go to a rival SL club? maybe in the interest of both parties if that is the case to just release him from his contract so he can find an NRL club. Maybe Zak is asaying he is coming back to force GH into a decision? That would be to assume Zak is smart enough to try mind games with a seasoned pro icon_lol.gif All speculation of course.

Him
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member14970No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2021Nov 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2244_1299706258.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_2244.jpg

Quote: BrisbaneRhino "He also refers to being tied down to a long-term contract by Leeds. Interesting that he wasn't "wise" enough to insist on a shorter contract.

I don't think transfer fees count on the NRL cap, but they have never been part of the sport here. Clubs do have a tendency to let unhappy players leave whilst paying some of their wages though.'"

Yep. IIRC he signed another long term deal just last July, so that part is obviously bo||ocks.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member17230No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Nov 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
3043_1291817917.jpg
#frostiesbitches We know who you are.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_3043.jpg

Quote: Him "Yep. IIRC he signed another long term deal just last July, so that part is obviously bo||ocks.'"

He signed that deal the year before, but for a year extra than the club announced last July.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member7198
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Didn`t Wigan get a fee for Tomkins when he left to go to NZW?
Whilst I would be happy to see Zak in a Leeds shirt I am not sure I would like to see Sutcliffe at HB.
We need to sign a good organising short kicking HB and pray Segeyaro stays at least another year.
Maybe if Moon is moving on Zak could go to LC but again I would prefer Moon to stay.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain1421No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 20159 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2021Oct 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Perhaps moon goes into halves with a fit McGuire and Jimmy k plays at 4. I know Stevo will choke on his false teeth at the notion but may be way to go. Could then play burrow off bench to rest either segayaro or instead at times McGuire. This would stiffen the defence and reduce the need to hide the half back and perhaps help extend careers of McGuire and burrow.

If above approach was employed with sutcliffe at fb, it may enable a younger more mobile overseas forward to be signed, to help our hard working but slowing forwards.

All subject of course to Zak staying down under.

This week I am mainly drinking gaviscon.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member28186No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200322 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2016Aug 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Transparent Backgrounds/Waldorf.gif
"As you travel through life don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things" - George Carlin [url:2cg5oc2o]http://twitter.com/AndyGilder[/url:2cg5oc2o] [url:2cg5oc2o]http://fromthewesternterrace.blogspot.co.uk[/url:2cg5oc2o] This week: Four keys to a Rhinos win in the WCC:Transparent Backgrounds/Waldorf.gif

Moon's too much like Burrow in the halves. Excellent broken field runner and individual player, but I've yet to see anything which suggests he'd be a good ball-player or organiser.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain1421No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 20159 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2021Oct 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Andy Gilder "Moon's too much like Burrow in the halves. Excellent broken field runner and individual player, but I've yet to see anything which suggests he'd be a good ball-player or organiser.'"

He can draw a man and pass well but take your point about organising and not sure what kicking game is like.

I doubt we will sign a half so am doing a bit of random thinking of how we might change for next year. I think getting moon more involved would help.

Perhaps the sleeve will surprise me and unleash the coin for someone

121 posts in 9 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
121 posts in 9 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.50244140625:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Leigh it is
DannyT
7m
Grand final Tickets
JIMMY MAGNET
11m