JoinedServiceReputation
May 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2020Feb 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
33791.jpg
[b:1swa1vwo]Change is inevitable ...except from a vending machine![/b:1swa1vwo] [quote="BillyRhino":1swa1vwo]So in best IA mode ..<.Possibley World Class, could be the greatest thing since sliced bread....am personally very excited, and confidently expect him to prove my predictions are bang on target.... Alternatively he could be rubbish> IA mode off. :wink:[/quote:1swa1vwo]:33791.jpg

To be fair to Adeybull he posted an apology this morning on the Wakey board when the news broke and of course they both generally accepted his apology & got lots of sympathy at the Bulls current plight... there for the grace of god... they have already been!

I am more concerned that the Bulls board appears to have turned into the flat-earth society (I know some poster might think it always was) & they do seem to think that pledging money to the current set-up is the answer to their current plight! The Wakey fans and many others are pretty much all as one saying, for god sake don't waste your money, it will just disappear and you will have nothing but broken promises and broken dreams from a BOD in 6 months who are more interested in saving the clubs for themselves in the short term, as opposed for the fans for the long term.

I hope when the emotions die down that the Bulls fans come to the same conclusion as the Wakey fans did... let the club go into administration and take your chances, as opposed to temporarily propping up a failed management and board and probably been in the same position in six months & £100 out of pocket!

RankPostsTeam
International Star1432No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2013Aug 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: time will tell "bulls have had a fantastic response, the phones have been red hot. Someone has just pledged £5,000 (crazy)and we've had ex-players also pledging their support,

"Stuart Fielden has offered to come in and help answer the phones. Jamie Peacock has been on Twitter saying he's going to pledge £800. It is those things that will help build the momentum.'"

This is very dissapointing to hear.

Hopefully they won't reach the target icon_razz.gifRAY:

RankPostsTeam
International Star1432No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2013Aug 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Inflatable_Armadillo "

I hope when the emotions die down that the Bulls fans come to the same conclusion as the Wakey fans did... let the club go into administration and take your chances, as opposed to temporarily propping up a failed management and board and probably been in the same position in six months & £100 out of pocket!'"

This is what I don't understand I'm not very clued up on this. Let's say everyone pledges and they get the half a mil by the 6th april, what happens then? How long before they need money to prop them up again? Isn't it just delaying the inevitable? Or if they get the 500k by mid april is everything magically better?

They are on a life supporting machine, suffering. Just turn the damn thing off.

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman14490No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2024May 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
1114.jpg
[size=100:vu4p4lio] [b:vu4p4lio]Check out [url:vu4p4lio]http://www.fourpointtry.com[/url:vu4p4lio][/b:vu4p4lio] [/size:vu4p4lio]:1114.jpg

Quote: Fearless' Headguard "Ah the famous RL 'family' attitude that the game is so proud of at its best.

What thou art promis'd. Yet do I fear thy nature,
It is too full o' th' milk of human kindness
To catch the nearest way.'"

So where were you in '96, when Leeds was skint in the days before the Caddick / Hetherington buy-out ?

(I'll give you a clue, you weren't at the supporters meeting at Headingley 'pledging your support' ...)

"Do unto others as you would have done to yourself"

Or, better still, just go away (incorporating sex & travel) ... (c) DH Lawrence

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach11658
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2018Aug 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
35138.jpg
Fat people are harder to kidnap.:35138.jpg

A pledge is not money in the bank - £500K worth of pledges may not equate to £500K of cash.

There will be a lot of people that get caught up in the emotion of Bradford's present predicament and make a pledge but next week when it come to stumping up time they may be a little more reluctant to actually part with the hard earned.

RankPostsTeam
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2024May 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
1114.jpg
[size=100:vu4p4lio] [b:vu4p4lio]Check out [url:vu4p4lio]http://www.fourpointtry.com[/url:vu4p4lio][/b:vu4p4lio] [/size:vu4p4lio]:1114.jpg

Quote: nantwichexile "The tip of the iceberg maybe. All those gloating over the club's demise are short sighted. The RL can scant afford to see another club wound up. Sad days indeed.'"

Even one as badly run as Bradford appears to have been ?

There was an interesting banner at Ibrox for the Old Firm game at the weekend : "With success, comes responsibility ..."

RankPostsTeam
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2024May 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
1114.jpg

Quote: mmcdonagh "I would miss Bradford as much as I would miss Wigan and Saints......I do not want to see any team fold especially a rival. Would Celtic fans want Rangers to go no longer exist - I think after a couple of months they would start to yearn for that rivalry to be re-kindled.

I do not understand how they achieved a license for three years though. What did they show the RFL that proved beyond reasonable doubt that they would be financially secure for the next three years?

I think the RFL have a lot of questions to answer on this front.....

I think their license should be re-voked from next season.......but I would like to see them sort themselves out and come back.'"

Would this be the same Bradford that voted not to let London back in after not so dissimilar circumstances ?

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4259
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2020Feb 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
33791.jpg
[b:1swa1vwo]Change is inevitable ...except from a vending machine![/b:1swa1vwo] [quote="BillyRhino":1swa1vwo]So in best IA mode ..<.Possibley World Class, could be the greatest thing since sliced bread....am personally very excited, and confidently expect him to prove my predictions are bang on target.... Alternatively he could be rubbish> IA mode off. :wink:[/quote:1swa1vwo]:33791.jpg

Quote: Wilbred T Pricklepop "This is what I don't understand I'm not very clued up on this. Let's say everyone pledges and they get the half a mil by the 6th april, what happens then? How long before they need money to prop them up again? Isn't it just delaying the inevitable? Or if they get the 500k by mid april is everything magically better?

They are on a life supporting machine, suffering. Just turn the damn thing off.'"

You are very clued up... that is exactly what the Wakey fans realised and Ted Richardson even had the decency to put up the added security of setting up an Escrow account for fans to donate actual money, so the very few that actual did in the end, got their money back when the target was missed... by some way!

RankPostsTeam
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2024May 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
1114.jpg

Quote: Lawrie L "Quick Question

If the game on Good Friday is the last game they play

Will Leeds get any of the gate money?'"

Just the gates ... The locks, the gate posts etc.

RankPostsTeam
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2024May 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
1114.jpg

Quote: Finfin "Leeds spreading goodwill and charity to all in the good of the game.
Or highly incestuous insider trading vultures?
Depends on which club shirt you wear.'"

Let's face it, Leeds the much hated 'moneybags' club of the game has been buying dodgy quality players to pad out out squad and help teams out for donkeys years ....

Anyone remember getting Neil James from Halifax allegedly so that they could pay their phone bill ?

RankPostsTeam
International Star11No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2012Apr 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA TOUGH SHOULD SPEND LESS MONEY

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2570
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2024Oct 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
40413_1318079934.jpg
[watching Mackay testing the curry in the prison kitchens] Fletcher: Course, he sees 'imself as an authority on curry, he does, on account of where he was stationed in the army. Rudge: Where? India? Fletcher: No, Bradford.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_40413.jpg

Quote: bigstu1 "HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA TOUGH SHOULD SPEND LESS MONEY'"

Worthwhile post that Big Stu. Constructive and only adds to the conversation. Cheers for the contribution.

G1
RankPostsTeam
International Chairman32302No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2018Oct 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
982.jpg
[quote:1pqtnbtj]Every player in our squad could probably earn more money with another club. But they prefer to sacrifice a few extra quid in their back pocket to share special memories. And playing at a place like Old Trafford on a night like this makes it all worthwhile.[/quote:1pqtnbtj] Kevin Sinfield:982.jpg

Quote: McLaren_Field "Christ almighty that thread linked to above gets too embarrassing to read after page 31, if I were any of those posters I would be absolutely fuming tonight having had the wool pulled so succinctly over my eyes a mere six or eight weeks ago, Adeybull in particular appears to have been hung out to dry by his club chairman.

Its not pretty.'"

Adey has been swallowing a lot of what Hood gives him for some time. He and I have had disagreements about the extent of what the Bulls had to pay us over Harris for some time.

I never for one second believed the figures were anywhere near those given to Bulls fans by Hood.

I wonder if he may want to reflect on our discussions in light of these developments.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member9565No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2019Dec 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
fonds noir/Buzz Lightyear.gif
:fonds noir/Buzz Lightyear.gif

Can't stand the gloating, or the idea of other clubs scavenging players from the Bulls, as happened to Wakey last year. Just because its been done in the past doesn't make it right.

As far as I can tell, the Bulls have been hit with a double whammy of a tax bill due and the impact of the loan restructure. They must have seen both coming - you can't sell an asset that is used to secure a loan and expect no change to your loan status. I suspect that RBS has hit them with either a request for direct security via a bank guarantee, or a reduced credit rating on the loan - which involves both a likely cut in the loan itself and higher ongoing interest to reflect lower credit worthiness.

It sounds to me that the quick money they are asking for is literally just to keep the lights on. What I'd like to understand is if they do pay their immediate debts, are they going to be solvent going forward? If not then they will have to enter administration/get bought out in any event. That's the problem with this sort of call for help - there's absolutely no guarantee they won't take everyone's money, pay off a couple of major bills and still go bust down the track.

RankPostsTeam
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2024May 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
1114.jpg

Quote: BrisbaneRhino "Can't stand the gloating, or the idea of other clubs scavenging players from the Bulls, as happened to Wakey last year. Just because its been done in the past doesn't make it right.'"

Would this be the same Bradford that tempted away players like Jimmy Lowes or even John Scales leaving us with kids and a past-it Dean Bell ?

204 posts in 15 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
204 posts in 15 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.17333984375:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
BORED The Band Name Game
Boss Hog
1m
Game - Song Titles
Wanderer
2m