JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2021Feb 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
1306.jpg
Thats why we're champions, thats why we're champions!!!!! Back to back to back!!!! Rhinos - each and every one of you are a legend in your own right..........get in!!!!!!! You can follow me on Twitter....if you want! The only female member of the OBN.:1306.jpg

Quote: Bal "I was in the middle of the east stand, I assumed it was a bottle. OK, lets term it "missle" if we are going to be predantic. I was also trying to watch the game at the time rather than those pillocks.

Its widely reported anyway, so I'm not entirely sure why it matters what the object was. The fact it was the first object thrown and it shouldn't have been thrown in the first place.'"

Which is what I said anyway isn't it? icon_confused.gif

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach5848No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2017Mar 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
9812.gif
:9812.gif

Quote: Bal "
However some of the responses on here are way over the top. Lets not forget that the problems were indeed started not by a Hull fan, but by a Leeds fan who threw (and yes, I did see it) a bottle at one of our players - for which I believe he was rightfully ejected from the ground. '"

Quote: Bal "I was in the middle of the east stand, I assumed it was a bottle. OK, lets term it "missle" if we are going to be predantic. I was also trying to watch the game at the time rather than those pillocks.

Its widely reported anyway, so I'm not entirely sure why it matters what the object was. The fact it was the first object thrown and it shouldn't have been thrown in the first place.'"

I am not sure I can accept your assertion that this (the first missile) was indeed a FACT how could you know if you where watching the match rather than the pillocks???

also if the Leeds fan responsible for the missile was ejected surely then he should have been arrested and then details passed to both clubs so a ban could be put in place.

The responsibility for all fans at that game was the stadium managements and IMHO they have clearly not fulfilled their duty of care to the paying public.

BOYCOTT THE PLACE TILL THEY DO icon_sad.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1824No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2012Jun 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
46428_1310319615.jpg
Got Twitter? Give us a follow...@Marc_Wardell:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_46428.jpg

Quote: GCM1980 "No, he hasn't missed the point. You have. In fact that is the point of the entire thread. Avoid the problem or do something about it? Simple question.'"
Because all the problems will be solved on this thread! Why dont you all take your time out to write to the club or to the council, people more important...Like you say ' do something about it'!

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach24329
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
11400_1493633977.gif
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_11400.gif

i have a better idea. why don't the hull club sort it out once and for all

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member7762No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200322 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2023Jan 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
4091_1342888943.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_4091.jpg

Quote: garroway "Because all the problems will be solved on this thread! Why dont you all take your time out to write to the club or to the council, people more important...Like you say ' do something about it'!'"

And you were the one making the accusations about missing the point icon_rolleyes.gif

The original poster wrote to both clubs, and credit to him for that. He also provides a link which clearly states that the RFL are working with both clubs to investigate and have received a report from the ground safety officer.

I don't really think an e-mail/letter from me, to tell them that I didn't see anything, was sat at the other end of the stand minding my own business, but really hope they sort it out, will add much weight to the investigation at this stage if I'm honest

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman14490No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2024May 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
1114.jpg
[size=100:vu4p4lio] [b:vu4p4lio]Check out [url:vu4p4lio]http://www.fourpointtry.com[/url:vu4p4lio][/b:vu4p4lio] [/size:vu4p4lio]:1114.jpg

However some of the responses on here are way over the top. Lets not forget that the problems were indeed started not by a Hull fan, but by a Leeds fan who threw (and yes, I did see it) a bottle at one of our players - for which I believe he was rightfully ejected from the ground. That proceeded to idiots from our club throwing empty bottles into the Leeds supporters and two bottles (that I saw) been thrown back at Hull fans. There were apparently the odd scuffle outside the ground as well between the two sets of fans. So, in a nutshell a bunch of numskulls from Hull and Leeds decided to play the big I am act - visit any town Centre in the country after 8pm for further case studies.
'"

The missle that was thrown at Luaki wasn't a bottle, but rather about a half full plastic beer glass.

How do I know this ?

Well, the individual in question wasn't a million miles away from where the Admiral was sat and whilst I didn't see the person concerned actually throw it (I saw it as it came from somewhere close over my right shoulder shortly after launch) and on to the field of play.

However, there were people who were sat with me who DID see the person that throw it and what HE was wearing (interestingly, they weren't wearing Leeds colours, but by that I am not suggesting they weren't a Leeds fan). He was nothing to do with us / our party and members of my party that were sat near them had no interaction with them during the course of the game.

In terms of where it was in the ground, it was nowhere near Chav Corner (quite the opposite, in fact) and was a reasonable distance back from the perimiter fence.

More than that, I can't tell you, because funnily enough I was watching what was going on down on the pitch at the time the item was thrown. It's only after chatting to people within my group this week and on the news of a subsequent RFL investigation, that I've found out that the 'receptical chucker' was closer to me than I thought.

If it was seen by the stewards / security, then they certainly didn't do anything about it whilst the match was going on, because the individual concerned went unchallenged for the remainder of the game.

Perhaps in terms of improvement to stewarding, Hull might want consider deploying stewards around the perimiter of the end and LOOKING BACK IN TO THE STANDS, rather than as it seems at most grounds that the orange coat is merely an excuse to watch the game and get paid for it at the same time (as seems a common tradition elsewhere on Humberside). Then, should anyone decide to do something stuipd like throw something on to the pitch, the stewards watching the crowd can at least pin-point the aproximate area of where the missle was launched from to allow the CCTV to zoom in and the individual concerned is swiftly ejected / arrested.

Given the problems at the game and given the history between the two teams, one of the probable outcomes will be the banning of beer in the seats at Hull the next time we're there and yet another ground will be lost to the pleasureable experience of watching a game with a pint because of the inability of someone to demonstrate self-control.

In terms of hassle after the game, I walked back in to the centre of Hull after the game surrounded by FC fans. This was part of my plan to get home and given the nature of the locals, I take sensible precautions (like ensuring my 'exclusive' Leeds shirt is kept well out of sight outside the stadium). I saw no fighting, hassle or scuffles to report.

RankPostsTeam
Moderator12488
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2358_1651040874.jpg
Wakefield TRINITY:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_2358.jpg

I know a few Wakey fans who refuse to go to the KC due to the 'chav corner' idiots abusing them throughout the game.

Why pay a club money to be abused is the general concensus.

This has been a problem for a fair few years now and and I am surprised the Hull club haven't done
anything about it yet.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach9059
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
23603_1336678755.jpg
"Look, I'd never use injuries as an excuse..." Daryl Powell:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_23603.jpg

Quote: AdmiralHanson "<SNIP>'"

Good post. With regard to the stewards either failing to see the culprit or to take action, I can remember a similar occurrence in the north stand at HQ some years ago. On this occasion numerous people standing nearby pointed out the perpetrator to two coppers who were idling their way around the pitch perimeter. He was promptly ejected (and at the same time made aware that most right-thinking people thought his actions were those of a grade A ). Surely as fans we should work with the stewards if we want to stamp out this type of behaviour?

Bal
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member12512
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2021Oct 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2825_1368992607.jpg
If you are interested in Building Information Modelling (BIM). PM me.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_2825.jpg

Quote: DoubleAone "

BOYCOTT THE PLACE TILL THEY DO
No chance Leeds fans will boycott the KC. Most enjoy their visit and quite rightfully so, its a great place to watch Rugby League. Like I said before, I enjoy coming to Leeds for the same reason.

I've seen trouble at Leeds games in the 20 years I've been going which is few and far between, but I'm not about to let a few drunk numpties stop me from watching Rugby League, as much as I'm not going to let the same type of person stop me going for a night out in my local town .

There is no serious problem at Hull FC, no more so than any other club. People can try and talk it up as much as they like, but there simply isn't - and I think some of the comments are less about the problem and more about baiting FC fans.

Those who are suggesting the club should take a pro-active approach to any problem causers that we do have, I entirely agree with and fully support. I would even go so far as to agree with comments about moving "chav corner" away from away fans, but again, I've not heard a single practical solution to the problem yet. Aside from labelling everybody, how do you identify who should be moved and who shouldn't without demonstrating blanket prejudice. I don't know, but according to some of this thread it sounds perfectly easy.

Stewarding. The previous poster says that they should be watching the crowd and not the game, I entirely agree but in their defence I often go to the KC (obviously) and I have to say, I've never noticed this problem. Also the stewards at KC are generally pretty good. There was an incident with a Hull KR fan at one of our games (not a derby) who was just there to goad the crowd and cause trouble, and the stewards were very good at warning him and eventually removing him without any real problems flaring up. However I do not want to see a massive build up of stewards in that corner, I do not want to see RL become like football. Ask any cooper who is experienced in crowd control, they'll tell you that an in your face stragegy is more likely to cause problems than anything.

Hull FC should fully coperate this the RFL investigation, which I'm sure they will. I would imagine that the RFL will issue either a warning or a fine. If stewards were indeed looking the other way, they should be looked at individually. Hull FC should investigate and issue bans were appropiate and deal with it case by case. I don't think you will be seeing any dealing with this on a club wide level though, as imo, its simply not needed at this point. And please lets not try and push Hull into the "bad" corner and Leeds into the "good" corner, because we all know its not and never will be that simple.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach705No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2013Oct 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Think that the trouble has been blown up out of proportion, a few mindless idiots wrecking which should be a great fixture between two rival clubs, ive been following fc for years and seen it come from both sides both at the kc and at headingley, it hasnt stopped me from following my team.

what i thought was quite ironic though was that one minute the leeds fans were singing "youre the scum of rugby league" and then straight into a chorus of " you fat ba$tard" aimed at one of our players

RankPostsTeam
International Star3No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2010May 2010LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

[url:11i77qfq]http://www.exec2exec.com/[/url:11i77qfq]:

I think people are exaggerating all this a little bit.

A bit of f'in and blindin' and a bottle thrown is hardly 80s football hooliganism. It's just two passionate sets of fans getting abit heated in my eyes and why somebody would cry over something so insignificant is beyond me.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach9059
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
23603_1336678755.jpg
"Look, I'd never use injuries as an excuse..." Daryl Powell:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_23603.jpg

Quote: Bal "No chance Leeds fans will boycott the KC. '"

I'd agree there's no chance of a collective boycott but I can assure you there are quite a few who avoid the place (largely based on things that have happened in the past I might add). The sad fact is that any disorder, however minor, will detract further from your club's reputation. Which is a terrible pity because there's been a massive improvement in recent years.

DHM
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach8893
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2024Apr 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
25511_1478008518.jpg
"Well, I think in Rugby League if you head butt someone there's normally some repercusions":d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_25511.jpg

Quote: North Leeds "I think people are exaggerating all this a little bit.

A bit of f'in and blindin' and a bottle thrown is hardly 80s football hooliganism. It's just two passionate sets of fans getting abit heated in my eyes and why somebody would cry over something so insignificant is beyond me.'"

I have only ever moved once during a game because of foul and abusive language, and that was at a Hull vs Cas match. I was stood with the Hull fans and the abuse was not directed at me (but at the Cas fans the Cas players and the ref), but I simply couldn't listen to it. It was horrendous and relentless from a group of 20-30 "fans". It was NOT what most people go to games to listen to.

Frankly, I don't think anyone (especially with children) should have to suffer relentless personal abuse under any circumstances.

Hull need to deal with this specific problem. Banning 10-20 idiots (and the threat of banning for others) may improve attendences significantly.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner421No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2012Jul 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Rhinos rock on:

Quote: North Leeds "I think people are exaggerating all this a little bit.

A bit of f'in and blindin' and a bottle thrown is hardly 80s football hooliganism. It's just two passionate sets of fans getting abit heated in my eyes and why somebody would cry over something so insignificant is beyond me.'"

How do you know what had happened though? Being subject to or even hearing prolonged abuse is pretty upsetting.

I cried for a long time when I was caught up in the hideousness at the football

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach5848No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2017Mar 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
9812.gif
:9812.gif

There is no serious problem at Hull FC, no more so than any other club. People can try and talk it up as much as they like, but there simply isn't - and I think some of the comments are less about the problem and more about baiting FC fans.
'"

It is this systemic blind indifference to the obvious that has lead me to believe that a BOYCOTT of that particular stadium is the only course of action that will have some effect.

The only conclusion I can come to from your post and others of a similar apologistic nature on here is that we must wait until someone is seriously injured or we see another "goal post" episode beofre any action is taken.

d040.gif

179 posts in 13 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
179 posts in 13 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

6.169921875:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Game - Song Titles
Boss Hog
29m
Film game
Boss Hog
33m