JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2022Dec 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
40515_1330766741.jpg
Don't worry about avoiding temptation. As you grow older, it will avoid you! - Winston Churchill:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_40515.jpg

rlhttp://www.therfl.co.uk/disciplinary/item?3407rl

Incident considered Deliberate physical contact with a match official in 36th minute

Decision On Charge
Player plea Guilty
Summary of CM's submissions on the Charge / evidence The Panel reviewed an incident which occurred in approximately the 36th minute of the Match. In the Panel’s opinion you made deliberate physical contact with the referee. The Panel believed that this behaviour was serious misconduct, unnecessary and against the spirit of the game. In accordance with the RFL’s On Field Sentencing Guidelines, the Panel consider that such offence is a Grade C offence (Deliberate physical contact with a match official). If found to have committed the offence, again in accordance with the On Field Sentencing Guidelines, the normal suspension range for such offence is from 2 match suspension to a 3 match suspension. In addition the Tribunal has the power to impose such fine as it considers reasonable.

Summary of Player's submissions on the Charge / evidence Player admitts guilt.
Decision Guilty plea.
Reasons for Decision

Decision On Sanction (where found to have committed Misconduct)
Summary of CM's submissions on the appropriate sanction No further submissions.
Summary of Player's submissions on the appropriate sanction Mr McDermott believes Mr Bailey is guilty of the offence. Mr McDermott does feel that the match official’s postioning was poor, however Mr Bailey should have realised that the match official was not a decoy runner. In addition he should have taken a more appropriate course of action in attempting to move around him.

Aggravating Factors
Mitigating Factors Guilty plea.
Reasons for Decision The panel believe that Mr Bailey should have dealt with the situation in a different way. There was a deliberate push on the referee and continued petulance showed towards the referee after the try was scored. The panel will not tolerate any aggression showed towards a match official. The panel have taken into account the plea of guilt but cannot overlook the seriousness of this incident. It is therefore the opinion of the committee that a 3 match suspension and a £300 fine is in order.
Suspension 3 matches
Fine £300
Warning

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman32466No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2018Aug 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
1122_1318449976.jpg
Someday everything is gonna be different, When I paint my masterpiece ------------------------------------------------------ [url=http://jerrychicken.wordpress.com/:k4m40udg]The Jerry Chicken Blog Page[/url:k4m40udg] ------------------------------------------------------ [url=http://www.artgallery.co.uk/artist/gary_kitchen_2:k4m40udg]BUY MY ART ONLINE AT ARTGALLERY.CO.UK[/url:k4m40udg] [url=https://theartonlinegallery.com/artist/garykitch/:k4m40udg]AT THE RIPPINGHAM GALLERY[/url:k4m40udg] .................................................................... [url=http://art-profiles.com/gary-kitchen/:k4m40udg]ART PROFILE[/url:k4m40udg] ................................................................... [url=http://twitter.com/GaryKitch:k4m40udg]On Twitter[/url:k4m40udg] ................................................................... [url=http://www.facebook.com/gary.kitchen2:k4m40udg]On Facebook[/url:k4m40udg] ...................................................................:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_1122.jpg

The important message from the RFL is not aimed at superleague at all but further down the leagues and to all of the match officials who do the job unpaid and often unthanked, its good that they are seen to be backing up a referee.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach15864No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Oct 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
10145_1279728778.png
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_10145.png

Quote: McLaren_Field "The important message from the RFL is not aimed at superleague at all but further down the leagues and to all of the match officials who do the job unpaid and often unthanked, its good that they are seen to be backing up a referee.'"

Agreed.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member7197
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Juan Cornetto "rlhttp://www.therfl.co.uk/disciplinary/item?3407rl

Incident considered Deliberate physical contact with a match official in 36th minute

Decision On Charge
Player plea Guilty
Summary of CM's submissions on the Charge / evidence The Panel reviewed an incident which occurred in approximately the 36th minute of the Match. In the Panel’s opinion you made deliberate physical contact with the referee. The Panel believed that this behaviour was serious misconduct, unnecessary and against the spirit of the game. In accordance with the RFL’s On Field Sentencing Guidelines, the Panel consider that such offence is a Grade C offence (Deliberate physical contact with a match official). If found to have committed the offence, again in accordance with the On Field Sentencing Guidelines, the normal suspension range for such offence is from 2 match suspension to a 3 match suspension. In addition the Tribunal has the power to impose such fine as it considers reasonable.

Decision Guilty plea.
Reasons for Decision

Summary of Player's submissions on the appropriate sanction Mr McDermott believes Mr Bailey is guilty of the offence. Mr McDermott does feel that the match official’s postioning was poor, however Mr Bailey should have realised that the match official was not a decoy runner. In addition he should have taken a more appropriate course of action in attempting to move around him.

Aggravating Factors
Reasons for Decision The panel believe that Mr Bailey should have dealt with the situation in a different way. There was a deliberate push on the referee and continued petulance showed towards the referee after the try was scored. The panel will not tolerate any aggression showed towards a match official. The panel have taken into account the plea of guilt but cannot overlook the seriousness of this incident. It is therefore the opinion of the committee that a 3 match suspension and a £300 fine is in order.
Suspension 3 matches
Fine £300
Warning'"

With all that said you might have thought a 2 match ban for a guilty plea would have been more forthcoming.
Then again the RFL have tried many times to get Bailey banned and failed.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner1466No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200421 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2017Jul 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
9337_1318234836.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_9337.jpg

I have no problem with him being banned for the contact on the ref, but it needs to be in proportion to other incidents from this season, and three games is way OTT.

Is it really worth a longer ban than for what Tommy Lee received for almost decapitating Lee Briers? icon_confused.gif

RankPostsTeam
International Star662
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 201114 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2021Mar 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
56536_1332273309.jpg
[color=#4000FF:3azhjk0y]RHINOS TILL I DIE[/color:3azhjk0y] [color=#0000FF:3azhjk0y]“Tough times come and go, tough people last forever" [/color:3azhjk0y]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_56536.jpg

So Mr Bailey should have spoke in polite manner and asked Mr Silverwood "Would you mind getting out of the way sir, as I believe you are preventing me getting to a attacking player to tackle him"

I personally can't see the difference between what Webb did and what Bailey did.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach15864No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Oct 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
10145_1279728778.png

Quote: A-Fire-Inside "I have no problem with him being banned for the contact on the ref, but it needs to be in proportion to other incidents from this season, and three games is way OTT.

Is it really worth a longer ban than for what Tommy Lee received for almost decapitating Lee Briers? I'm not sure this is comparable to most other incidents though. Were this a ban for a foul of some sort then it should be proportionate to other instances of foul play. However, this is a different thing entirely. I'd like to think that its the beginning of a new tougher stance on disrespect to the official, where I think standards have slipped in recent seasons. A few more penalties for backchat. Maybe a trip to red hall for anything a bit worse would send the correct message out

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2469No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2012Jun 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Wot a joke the rhinos club and Brian McDermott are for backing the decision of the RFL disciplinary panel on this matter and supporting bans on there players. So much for RFL having rhinos in they're pockets. Ridiculous, load of bollox, wot a stuff-up, no common sense, pathetic, shocking, laughable, farce, incompetent, inept, bizarre, crazy, indecent, silly, dubious, unacceptable, RFL apologists, ref apologists, clowns, typical anti-leeds bias by leeds, hope rhinos and mcdermott gets a game at Headingley soon while it's fresh in everyone's memory, bailey should knock McDermott on his ar5e for not backing him up, and don't get in the way of the RFL whatever you do cos they do what they want, rhinos club make RFU old farts look like mensa candidates, surely wilkin & peacocks shiny new union could of, would of and should of done something useful asking serious questions of club as to why they agreed with RFL about been treated more harshly for shoving a referee than they do for attacking a load of red herring 'ouch! my head' examples? Is referee's "safety" more paramount than any other red herrings on offer? I have no problem with him being banned for the contact on the ref, but it needs to be in proportion to other red herrings from this season, and three games is way OTT.

Well said... ETC.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach11658
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2018Aug 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
35138.jpg
Fat people are harder to kidnap.:35138.jpg

Quote: Keith Swiftcorn "Wot a joke the rhinos club and Brian McDermott are for backing the decision of the RFL disciplinary panel on this matter and supporting bans on there players. So much for RFL having rhinos in they're pockets. Ridiculous, load of bollox, wot a stuff-up, no common sense, pathetic, shocking, laughable, farce, incompetent, inept, bizarre, crazy, indecent, silly, dubious, unacceptable, RFL apologists, ref apologists, clowns, typical anti-leeds bias by leeds, hope rhinos and mcdermott gets a game at Headingley soon while it's fresh in everyone's memory, bailey should knock McDermott on his ar5e for not backing him up, and don't get in the way of the RFL whatever you do cos they do what they want, rhinos club make RFU old farts look like mensa candidates, surely wilkin & peacocks shiny new union could of, would of and should of done something useful asking serious questions of club as to why they agreed with RFL about been treated more harshly for shoving a referee than they do for attacking a load of red herring 'ouch! my head' examples? Is referee's "safety" more paramount than any other red herrings on offer? I have no problem with him being banned for the contact on the ref, but it needs to be in proportion to other red herrings from this season, and three games is way OTT.

Well said... ETC.'"

Could someone please paraphrase as I really can't be ar[sizes[/sizeed reading all this.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach41No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200916 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2013Feb 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
44814.jpg
:44814.jpg

Nobber...etc

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member17230No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Nov 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
3043_1291817917.jpg
#frostiesbitches We know who you are.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_3043.jpg

Quote: The Eagle "I'm not sure this is comparable to most other incidents though. Were this a ban for a foul of some sort then it should be proportionate to other instances of foul play. However, this is a different thing entirely. I'd like to think that its the beginning of a new tougher stance on disrespect to the official, where I think standards have slipped in recent seasons. A few more penalties for backchat. Maybe a trip to red hall for anything a bit worse would send the correct message out'"

There is far worse cases of disrespect to an an official though. We only heard last season James Graham on the telly shouting obsenities to the official, which was caught on camera and the ref spoke to him. But did he get banned?

There is a difference between disrespect to officials over decisions made (ala Graham above, Hock push), and what Bailey did in trying to do his job.

I'm not defending him, far from it, but I think his offence needs differentiating from showing lack of respect to official. If what he did, as has been shown now, is an offence then we all play by same rules now. But my own personal opinion is that the way some react to certain decisions is far worse an offence, if the term to be used is disrespect.

There is still no reason why Silverwood should also not be publicly rebuked here for his very poor positioning in this incident. Are other refs making this mistake?

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach15864No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Oct 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
10145_1279728778.png

Quote: Gotcha "
Quote: Gotcha "I'm not sure this is comparable to most other incidents though. Were this a ban for a foul of some sort then it should be proportionate to other instances of foul play. However, this is a different thing entirely. I'd like to think that its the beginning of a new tougher stance on disrespect to the official, where I think standards have slipped in recent seasons. A few more penalties for backchat. Maybe a trip to red hall for anything a bit worse would send the correct message out'"

There is far worse cases of disrespect to an an official though. We only heard last season James Graham on the telly shouting obsenities to the official, which was caught on camera and the ref spoke to him. But did he get banned?

There is a difference between disrespect to officials over decisions made (ala Graham above, Hock push), and what Bailey did in trying to do his job.

I'm not defending him, far from it, but I think his offence needs differentiating from showing lack of respect to official. If what he did, as has been shown now, is an offence then we all play by same rules now. But my own personal opinion is that the way some react to certain decisions is far worse an offence, if the term to be used is disrespect.

There is still no reason why Silverwood should also not be publicly rebuked here for his very poor positioning in this incident. Are other refs making this mistake?'"

I agree. I believe the extracts from the hearing say that the ref was poorly positioned.

I think on the disrespect issue the hands part could be seen as a bit of a slippery slope. Best to have a well defined line. Hands on the ref is a big no no. Now we just have to be consistent with the ruling

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2469No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2012Jun 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Juan Cornetto "rlhttp://www.therfl.co.uk/disciplinary/item?3407rl

Decision On Charge
Player plea Guilty

Decision Guilty plea.
Reasons for Decision

Aggravating Factors
Suspension 3 matches
Fine £300
Warning'"

Interesting summary. Why was Bailey charged with a Grade C offence?

Have the sentencing guidelines changed rlSINCE 2010?rl

On Field Compliance Sentencing Guidelines from 2010
15.1(i) Behaves in any way contrary to the true spirit of the game - Grade D-E ... Deliberate physical contact with a match official.
Grade D offences carry 3 to 5 match bans.
Grade E offences carry 4 to 8 match bans.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach9730No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2017Mar 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
39092.jpg
Ryan Bailey (11/11/83) - The Most Feared Man In Super League The Most Feared Man In Super League (TMFMISL) * Coined by thebloodbath * Inspired by Bailey *:39092.jpg

From case notes:

"The panel believe that Mr Bailey should have dealt with the situation in a different way."

It would be useful if they'd gone into detail here, just to know what is acceptable. To safe-guard this offence occuring again. Bit wishy-washy.

On viewing there doesn't look much between Webbs and Baileys 'shove' but one was a 3 game offence and the other was a naughty letter sent to Mr Webb Senior.

134 posts in 10 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
134 posts in 10 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

17.46630859375:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Rumours thread
Trojan Horse
8m
Film game
karetaker
10m