FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

FORUMS > Leeds Rhinos > Please support the Bradford Bulls petition...
30 posts in 3 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
RankPostsTeam
International Star57No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201213 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2014Apr 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
65195_1325430656.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_65195.jpg

Given the the accepted bidder for our club is no more, there is a petition available to sign supporting Mandy Koukash. I realise a lot of other clubs fans would rather not sign it but we are desperate and would appreciate any help you can give.

The petition is here: www.gopetition.com/petitions/let ... .html#sign

Thanks in advance and please don't shoot the messenger!!
Given the the accepted bidder for our club is no more, there is a petition available to sign supporting Mandy Koukash. I realise a lot of other clubs fans would rather not sign it but we are desperate and would appreciate any help you can give.

The petition is here: www.gopetition.com/petitions/let ... .html#sign

Thanks in advance and please don't shoot the messenger!!

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member17230No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Nov 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
3043_1291817917.jpg
#frostiesbitches We know who you are.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_3043.jpg

Whilst I want to see the Bulls safe and prospering, I in no way want to see another stupid Koukash in our game. I don't think the Salford one is any good for our game, so putting his dumb wife in another club just because they have a few more quid spare, is not the answer for me.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2531No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2022May 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
15455_1318246892.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_15455.jpg

Firstly - You really don't want Leeds fans having an input into the fate of Bradford Bulls

Secondly - I see no reason to think MK would be any good for a RL club.

RankPostsTeam
Moderator8097
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
869_1597404840.jpg
//www.twitter.com/pumpetypump:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_869.jpg

Quote: Gotcha "I in no way want to see another stupid Koukash in our game. I don't think the Salford one is any good for our game, so putting his dumb wife in another club just because they have a few more quid spare, is not the answer for me.'"

So you're on the fence? We'll put you down as a maybe.

RankPostsTeam
Moderator8097
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
869_1597404840.jpg
//www.twitter.com/pumpetypump:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_869.jpg

Quote: LeedsDave "Firstly - You really don't want Leeds fans having an input into the fate of Bradford Bulls

Secondly - I see no reason to think MK would be any good for a RL club.'"

Well firstly we'll take the help of anyone. The brave chap posted this same thread on the Wakefield and Huddersfield forums, and I'd rather try to get sense from you fine people than them!

Secondly, its Koukash or bust. It really is. We need such a wad of money that without her the club could easily be liquidated. There will be plenty who really couldn't care less whether that happened but I know you'll have plenty on here that, however grudgingly, do care.

Whether your mods are happy with us spamming you is another matter!

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach12106No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2015Oct 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
10393.jpg
OBN Wannabe:10393.jpg

Quote: Pumpetypump "Well firstly we'll take the help of anyone. The brave chap posted this same thread on the Wakefield and Huddersfield forums, and I'd rather try to get sense from you fine people than them!

Secondly, its Koukash or bust. It really is. We need such a wad of money that without her the club could easily be liquidated. There will be plenty who really couldn't care less whether that happened but I know you'll have plenty on here that, however grudgingly, do care.

Whether your mods are happy with us spamming you is another matter!'"

It isn't spam, and our mods are pretty chilled out. You might want to throw in something about cake to make sure.

I do care, I really don't want to see Bradford go under. I went to my first away match at Odsal, and actually my dfirst home match was against Northern as well.

However, I have serious reservations about this. On the one hand, if Mrs Koukhash is really prepared to pour a load of money into it to plug the holes, with no immediate return on that investment (i.e. it's just to get back to zero) that would be a start. But then somebody needs to fix the many systemic problems with the club (including but not limited to the money pit stadium that seems to eat most of the revenue) that are powering the current spiral in and out of administration.

In short, I think I'd rather see it go under and start again in the next tier (a la Castleford) and come back strong and viable in the long term than get another quick fix.

So I'd want to know a lot more about what's actually being proposed first.

I am also not overly keen on Dr Koukhash's approach to running an RL club, or most of his proposals for running the sport (which seem to hinge on asssuming everyone has money to burn, or that the key to the sport's success is allowing one or two wealthy backers to buy success). I believe his preferred model will take us in the direction that football has already gone in that only teams with a huge income stream that's totally separate to the actual business activity can hope to thrive.

So while I hope it all works out in the end, I don't feel conviced enough that Mandy koukhash is the answer to sign a petition about it.

Sorry.

RankPostsTeam
Moderator31835
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
438_1551258406.jpg
"If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them," - Wayne Bennett.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_438.jpg

Unfortunately the only answer for the Bulls is a Koukash style injection of funds.

The idea that the club could liquidate and “start again in the championship” is very wishful thinking. The big issue here is where the club would play. If a “new” Bradford were to rise from the ashes in championship 1 they’d have to either play at Odsal or Valley Parade. Option 1 is out of the question financially for a club in that division IMO. Odsal is like a blackhole for money. The RFL may own the lease but unless they picked up the tab for maintenance it’d be a non starter on championship income. Option 2 – Valley Parade would mean coming to some arrangement regarding rent with BCFC. Could the new club afford that? Possibly, but there are plenty of supporters that remain very reluctant to travel to that part of the city. Many would see it as a non starter so it’s a massive gamble.

Unless the “new” Bulls in the national leagues had some cash behind it to build a winning side I think crowds (and income) would plummet. The last time we sank to those depths we had 324 supporters at an overgrown Odsal in 1963, a week later the club folded.

Unfortunately professional RL has almost always lost money in Bradford. The only way around that is the largesse of a multi millionaire who can guarantee the losses (a la Caddick) until we get on an even keel.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach22777
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2020Feb 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

//www.pngnrlbid.com [quote="bUsTiNyAbALLs":9q9d2t35]Do not converse with me you filthy minded deviant.[/quote:9q9d2t35] [quote="vastman":9q9d2t35]My rage isn't impotent luv, I'm frothing at the mouth actually.[/quote:9q9d2t35]:

i have no problem with Marwan or his ideas for running the game, he is shaking up the status quo and is one of the few people with confidence and ambition for the game who wants to take the fight to them.

What Koucash has done for Salford is exactly what Salford needed, someone to ruffle some feathers and get the name out there. The north west is one of the most saturated sports markets in the world for a sport like RL to get in the limelight it needs someone big and brash and promising the best. People with the options of going to see numerous premier league and championship football, top class cricket and RU teams are not going to be grabbed by a slow and steady approach. Put simply cutting your cloth accordingly is pretty pointless if you cut it so small people dont want it.

I think the idea that Bradford can regroup in the lower leagues is wrong, it just doesnt work and wont work for them, their money pit of a stadium will still be a money pit, they will just have less income to sustain it. Their youth development will be destroyed, the brand damaged and fewer people will be exposed to top class RL because of it. Koukash has the money to avoid that.,

I think at Leeds we have been very lucky in seeing a golden generation of our youngsters and plenty more come through since then, but it has given the impression that money doesnt need to be spent and splashing the cash is to the detriment of this.

It isnt..... Even Leeds, as a club, when necessary have splashed the cash and spent big money on big names. We gave hundreds of thousands to Warrington for Harris, we saw the likes of Clyde in the early 2000's Our 2004 team contained some big signings like McKenna and Bai. Ali Lauitiiti was the best 2nd rower in the world at the time with nearly every NRL and SL club desperate to get their hands on him. He was probably the biggest transfer in world rugby that year.

By 2007 we had added Brent Webb who was the current NZ fullback, Ellis was a GB international as well as one of the best props in the game in Peacock.

We built a great development system that has seen some of the best youngsters in the country, as well as us signing some of the best youngsters in the country, who have come through in to a team with big names, with experience, with quality and with the ability to compete.

We aren’t in the same position as Salford. We have already seen and signed big names and large numbers of them, its the same with Bradford who have dropped back the gains they had made.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member28186No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200322 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2016Aug 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Transparent Backgrounds/Waldorf.gif
"As you travel through life don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things" - George Carlin [url:2cg5oc2o]http://twitter.com/AndyGilder[/url:2cg5oc2o] [url:2cg5oc2o]http://fromthewesternterrace.blogspot.co.uk[/url:2cg5oc2o] This week: Four keys to a Rhinos win in the WCC:Transparent Backgrounds/Waldorf.gif

So what do we know about Mandy Koukash?

What independent wealth of her own does she have, that isn't dependent on Hubby giving her some pocket money to play with?

What experience does she have of running a business, either in a sporting environment or otherwise?

What are her longer term plans for the Bulls in terms of turning it into a realistic, self supporting business that isn't reliant on her/Marwan propping it up?

The last time the administrator rushed into finding a buyer with big ideas, big words and supposedly plenty of funds they ended up with ailing Omar and the invisible Gerry Sutcliffe. Quite what heading into the same situation over again would achieve god only knows, but it seems to be what the Bulls fans want

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach22777
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2020Feb 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

//www.pngnrlbid.com [quote="bUsTiNyAbALLs":9q9d2t35]Do not converse with me you filthy minded deviant.[/quote:9q9d2t35] [quote="vastman":9q9d2t35]My rage isn't impotent luv, I'm frothing at the mouth actually.[/quote:9q9d2t35]:

Quote: Andy Gilder "So what do we know about Mandy Koukash?

What independent wealth of her own does she have, that isn't dependent on Hubby giving her some pocket money to play with?

What experience does she have of running a business, either in a sporting environment or otherwise?

What are her longer term plans for the Bulls in terms of turning it into a realistic, self supporting business that isn't reliant on her/Marwan propping it up?

The last time the administrator rushed into finding a buyer with big ideas, big words and supposedly plenty of funds they ended up with ailing Omar and the invisible Gerry Sutcliffe. Quite what heading into the same situation over again would achieve god only knows, but it seems to be what the Bulls fans want'"

We could say that about anyone really though couldnt we. Ian Lenegan made his money in computer systems, Eamon McManus and Ken Davy through finance, Gary Hetherington was an RL player, and Kath sold double glazing, Neil Hudgell chased ambulances.

Bar Adam Pearson, there are few people running RL clubs where you would look at their CV and think they had the knowledge or experience to do it.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member22289
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200322 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Aug 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
4615.jpg
:4615.jpg

Quote: Andy Gilder "So what do we know about Mandy Koukash?'"

Judging by the comment she made at the recent Bradford V Huddersfield game we learnt she doesn't know the difference between 120,000 and 102,000.

RankPostsTeam
Moderator31835
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
438_1551258406.jpg
"If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them," - Wayne Bennett.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_438.jpg

I’m not sure how independent Many Koukash is or whether she’d know what she was doing. However she appears to be very wealthy, from one source or another and that’s the most important factor. You could have the most canny person ever in charge but if they’re skint it’s not going to keep the club going.

Our previous owners going back decades have all run the club to a loss and some have made enormous mistakes, Caisley, Hood, Khan etc. Maybe Koukash is no different but there aren’t any other options IMO.

If Bradford does go into liquidation the sport would lose a “big” club in Bradford which would probably never be replaced and many of those fans would find things to do unconnected with RL. That would be a shame. Is the sport so healthy it can allow that to happen?

It appears to me that we’re in a situation not too dissimilar from when Leeds were struggling with debts before Caddick came in to guarantee them. How we could do with a similar white knight and some canny people to then get the club on an even keel.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member17230No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Nov 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
3043_1291817917.jpg
#frostiesbitches We know who you are.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_3043.jpg

Quote: Bullseye "I’m not sure how independent Many Koukash is or whether she’d know what she was doing. However she appears to be very wealthy,'"

Correction, she is married in to wealth. Effectively, as the husband with the money already owns one club, that same person would technically own two.

RankPostsTeam
Moderator31835
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
438_1551258406.jpg

I'm unfamiliar with where she got her money. However whether it's all her husband's or not she's the only show in town.

Whether 1 person can indirectly, through a partner, own 2 clubs is worth debating.

I can see potential issues but are they so important its worth sacrificing a club for them? After all Gary and Kath are married and make strategic decisions on behalf of their clubs.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach3941No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201015 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

How come posted on every Superleague team a part from Wakefield? icon_lol.gif

30 posts in 3 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
30 posts in 3 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.1044921875:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Decision on the field
MattyB
6m
ALL NEW 49ERS ERA LEEDS UTD THREAD
chapylad
21m