Dec 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2014Aug 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
65128_1340441177.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_65128.jpg

Just be open to the possibility that Wheldon Road may not happen after all these years and investment from several places.

If time wasn't a factor there would be no issue. But we all know that's not the case.

All I'm saying is be fluid in your contemplation and expectations, it's far less likely to hurt if things do fall apart.
Yes I would consider Junction 32, whilst we continued on with our own designs, if the RFL would allow it. Would you do similar if the shoe was on the other foot?

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach8487No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2020Oct 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
12205_1307822450.png
[img:32iwt8q2]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v623/fullyitfc/cas-4-1.jpg[/img:32iwt8q2]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_12205.png

The trouble is Bren, if it looks like a duck it most probably is going to be a duck. However, in your test you don't account for outside influences.

In this instance, it could look like a duck but someone could have genetically modified that duck to make it go 'moo', in which case is it really a duck?

Alternatively, I prefer to allude to the Zebra test in the popular American TV sitcom Scrubs (and in real-life medical circles) whereby when people hear hoofbeats, they automatically think horses, not zebras. (i.e. when you hear something you automatically think the easiest assumption rather than something more unlikely).

Re: Opus, they only have Castleford Tigers on their website of listed properties - no other sites.

www.opusnorth.co.uk/properties.php
The trouble is Bren, if it looks like a duck it most probably is going to be a duck. However, in your test you don't account for outside influences.

In this instance, it could look like a duck but someone could have genetically modified that duck to make it go 'moo', in which case is it really a duck?

Alternatively, I prefer to allude to the Zebra test in the popular American TV sitcom Scrubs (and in real-life medical circles) whereby when people hear hoofbeats, they automatically think horses, not zebras. (i.e. when you hear something you automatically think the easiest assumption rather than something more unlikely).

Re: Opus, they only have Castleford Tigers on their website of listed properties - no other sites.

www.opusnorth.co.uk/properties.php

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach888No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200817 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2021Mar 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
38217_1328808646.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_38217.jpg

Quote: Fully "Not really. Hearsay takes on a semblance of being hearsay.'"

Ok Fully please enlighten me, You say you know this not to be true. Go on prove it or are you just blinded by the amber wool you have over your eyes.

I am a Cas fan, I want this as much as anyone. But I have been told by a high up Wakefield counciler who is a Cas fan that the project as it is today is almost dead.

Reality my friend not nice but RW is out of his depth and dare not/ Will not tell us the facts. Come April he wont be able to hide but he will pedal a statement blaming everyone but himself.

Happy Xmas forget about the stadium its not going away fast!!

RankPostsTeam
International Star360No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2014Aug 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
65128_1340441177.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_65128.jpg

Quote: binks "Ok Fully please enlighten me, You say you know this not to be true. Go on prove it or are you just blinded by the amber wool you have over your eyes.

I am a Cas fan, I want this as much as anyone. But I have been told by a high up Wakefield counciler who is a Cas fan that the project as it is today is almost dead.

Reality my friend not nice but RW is out of his depth and dare not/ Will not tell us the facts. Come April he wont be able to hide but he will pedal a statement blaming everyone but himself.

Happy Xmas forget about the stadium its not going away fast!!'"

I would hope that no Wakefield fan would poke fun after what we've been through.

As I said previously, the time has come to think (again) seriously think about a move to Stanley. This doesn't have to be permanent, but if it keeps your club alive can it really be that bad.

After the past week we all know which site the council needs to happen, the other would be nice, but doesn't carry the same benefits to the wider community, therefore doesn't carry the same weight.

As we stand now, Junction 32 would be great for Castleford and great for our council. But doesn't service the whole region in the same way as Junction 30, as it's a privately owned facility and doesn't possess the same range of facilities.
Junction 30 is seen by the council as possessing a lot wider reaching benefits and will essentially "be on their books" so will satisfy central government in terms of sporting and leisure provisions. It will also have education facilities and the much needed jobs.

Junction 32 in many ways can be seen as "an added bonus", Junction 30 is seen as a necessity in a great number of ways. All this makes you wonder how the feasibility study would have ruled if done objectively, which was all Wakefield ever sought.

Staying at Junction 32 may be a bitter pill to swallow but could save you in the long term.

Happy Christmas Castleford fans.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach888No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200817 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2021Mar 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
38217_1328808646.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_38217.jpg

Quote: TrinitarianWF2 "I would hope that no Wakefield fan would poke fun after what we've been through.

As I said previously, the time has come to think (again) seriously think about a move to Stanley. This doesn't have to be permanent, but if it keeps your club alive can it really be that bad.

After the past week we all know which site the council needs to happen, the other would be nice, but doesn't carry the same benefits to the wider community, therefore doesn't carry the same weight.

As we stand now, Junction 32 would be great for Castleford and great for our council. But doesn't service the whole region in the same way as Junction 30, as it's a privately owned facility and doesn't possess the same range of facilities.
Junction 30 is seen by the council as possessing a lot wider reaching benefits and will essentially "be on their books" so will satisfy central government in terms of sporting and leisure provisions. It will also have education facilities and the much needed jobs.

Junction 32 in many ways can be seen as "an added bonus", Junction 30 is seen as a necessity in a great number of ways. All this makes you wonder how the feasibility study would have ruled if done objectively, which was all Wakefield ever sought.

Staying at Junction 32 may be a bitter pill to swallow but could save you in the long term.

Happy Christmas Castleford fans.'"

And this post takes the small piece of fact and adds a whole lot of "what I think is"

And so the merry go-round continues. I'm as bad because I got dragged in against my better judgement to which I appologise

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach8487No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2020Oct 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
12205_1307822450.png
[img:32iwt8q2]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v623/fullyitfc/cas-4-1.jpg[/img:32iwt8q2]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_12205.png

Quote: TrinitarianWF2 "I would hope that no Wakefield fan would poke fun after what we've been through.

As I said previously, the time has come to think (again) seriously think about a move to Stanley. This doesn't have to be permanent, but if it keeps your club alive can it really be that bad.'"

What are the timeframes for Newmarket then?

Quote: TrinitarianWF2 "After the past week we all know which site the council needs to happen, the other would be nice, but doesn't carry the same benefits to the wider community, therefore doesn't carry the same weight.'"

With all due respect, both will bring in jobs so that's a mute point. Also, J32 already has much of the infrastructure in place which the Council and or other companies won't have to foot the bill for. Who else is using the stadium as a community facility aside from WTW?

Quote: TrinitarianWF2 "As we stand now, Junction 32 would be great for Castleford and great for our council. But doesn't service the whole region in the same way as Junction 30, as it's a privately owned facility and doesn't possess the same range of facilities.
Junction 30 is seen by the council as possessing a lot wider reaching benefits and will essentially "be on their books" so will satisfy central government in terms of sporting and leisure provisions. It will also have education facilities and the much needed jobs.'"

It won't be on their books as they're not funding and they won't be paying for the upkeep of it. That will come down to the Trust? J32 will also have education facilities and provide jobs. Also, all the jobs will not be provided immediately.

Quote: TrinitarianWF2 "Junction 32 in many ways can be seen as "an added bonus", Junction 30 is seen as a necessity in a great number of ways. All this makes you wonder how the feasibility study would have ruled if done objectively, which was all Wakefield ever sought.'"

Are the Council not objective then?

As Binks has said, you've made a point and added in a load of 'I think' similar to my comments above. The argument is moot. We both need new stadiums, they both bring benefits to the local community and so forth and so forth.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5035No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2021Oct 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
44747_1304271884.png
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_44747.png

Quote: TrinitarianWF2 "Junction 32 in many ways can be seen as "an added bonus", Junction 30 is seen as a necessity in a great number of ways. '"

And how exactly do you come to that conclusion without the Wakey tinted specs on? :lol:[/quote:3gx4tjo6] [quote="vastman":3gx4tjo6]Westerman looks the most promising for a long time.[/quote:3gx4tjo6] [quote="Leyther_Matt":3gx4tjo6]The best proper 'rugby pub' in the country has to be the Boot Room at Cas[/quote:3gx4tjo6] [quote="Bolton_Warrior":3gx4tjo6]The only time I ever doubted going to watch Wigan was when we bare face cheated to stay in superleague[/quote:3gx4tjo6] [quote="Danril":3gx4tjo6] Last night, despite being poor and not deserving the win, we should have won.[/quote:3gx4tjo6] [img:3gx4tjo6]http://www.rlfans.com/images/sigs/castigers.gif[/img:3gx4tjo6]:32116.jpg

Quote: TrinitarianWF2 "

While I've never believed the projects at Junction 30 and 32 were intrinsically linked I do believe that the first one to get built will be the only one to get built. It's been said to death but contemplate the possibility of sharing.'"

You keep saying we should move into newmarket as a temporary option, but you say you think only one stadium would be built, so what your saying is we should move into newmarket (assuming its get through the PI and thats a big if) permanantly.

Moving into newmarket would make us worse off financially, which would mean we wouldn't be able to spend competativly, it wouldn't make us any more likely to survive in sl, it would make us less likely to be able to survive imho, we would have to reduce our playing, marketing and academy budget and we would be a a weaker club (like trinity under richardsons regime) and so we would end up losing our licence.

The only weakness is the ground at the moment, we are a well run club in all other respects, i think the rfl prefer a well run club, that is competitive, has excellent youth development, community work and is competitive on the field, but has an old stadium to one that is a new stadium but is weaker in all those areas.

As leigh found out to their cost moving to a new stadium you don't own, from an old one you do own can make you financially much weaker as a club, in 10 years time only the biggest clubs like wigan and hull will be able to survive if they dont own their own stadium imho.

QUOTE | REPLY
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member4961
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2024Feb 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2334_1318529805.png
There's Only One F in Wakefield:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_2334.png

Quote: Gronk! "And how exactly do you come to that conclusion without the Wakey tinted specs on? icon_wink.gif

Try here:

cominoweb.wakefield.gov.uk/Plann ... nt=obj.pdf

or for the full detailed approved plans here;

Quote: TrinityIHC "detailed plans have been released with what facilities there will be in the GH stadium, [sizeso i'm afraid I have been caught talking out of my booty[/size.'"

Edited for accuracy icon_wink.gif

Try here:

or for the full detailed approved plans here;

QUOTE | REPLY
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach13707
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
29100_1291104497.jpg
1/10:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_29100.jpg

Posted: December 20 2011 12:43 pm

Quote: PopTart "There is a rail link to Newmarket. Google Newmarket Colliery and you'll see all the photos.
All the old lines are still there.......'"

Indeed, in fact just outside the entrance to the site you'll find these;

QUOTE | REPLY
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1413No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2021Mar 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
38504_1335209582.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_38504.jpg

Posted: December 20 2011 1:43 pm

Can we build a tram route from Wakefield to Newmarket to Xscape and REALLY rub LCC's noses in it??

QUOTE | REPLY
97 posts in 7 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, pyeman , Hughies sister

Want to get involved?

97 posts in 7 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, pyeman , Hughies sister

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.05810546875:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Round 26 Wigan Away
Once were Lo
Recent
Salford H Moved to Thursday
Zig
Recent