FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

FORUMS > Castleford Tigers > Local Amateur RL.
573 posts in 39 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, pyeman , Hughies sister
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2110No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2020Mar 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: marshman "Well done to everyone at Cas Panthers for putting on a great tournament today and well done every side that played in exhausting conditions.

In the under 8's age group, a special well done to Lock Lane, Townville Tigers (Easts and Wests) and Castleford Panthers for making the semi finals after a long long day. Townville Easts were beaten by Cas Panthers and Townville Wests beat Lock Lane (after extra time) and then Panthers won the final. Well done to every kid involved today! Well done to Panthers for winning and a big well done to our two Townville teams for doing so well.

Not sure how all the other age groups went on, but also let's hope the Townville player badly injured in the 10's (i think it was) is ok and not as bad as it looked.'"

echo what you say about the lad from the u10s first reports are that he isnt has badly hurt has first appeared,in the u10s lock lane were the winners beating knottingley in the final.

in the u9s it was cas panthers who came out on top after going all tournamant without conceding a single try which proves defences do win games,full credit to the other teams involved beaten finalists lock lane,stanley rangers,heworth and normanton knights who played two divisions above their weight but still gave a great account of themselves.

overall a fantastic day and im out on my feet but the good news is we get to do it all again next week. icon_lol.gif

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner5804No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2014Aug 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
5684_1302370205.jpg
[url:2e8yjxd3]http://riverpiker.blogspot.com/[/url:2e8yjxd3]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_5684.jpg

Quote: braytontiger "
overall a fantastic day and im out on my feet'"

Tell me about it. God knows how those kids are feeling because they played all day, Townville and Panthers u8's played 8 games, Jeez! icon_eek.gif

The point you made about teams playing against sides higher in the league. Our Townville teams did just that also, we're two leagues lower, and it is the first time they've really had to play top opposition (in Panthers and Lock Lane) in serious games so we're dead proud in what they achieved today. Two sides in the semis and one pipped in the final by a great side. Good to see the talent on show from the three local sides!

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach888No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200817 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2021Mar 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
38217_1328808646.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_38217.jpg

Update on the injured player is that it was a muscle spasm and has recovered now icon_biggrin.gif icon_biggrin.gif
Again thanks to Panthers esp the the guy who looked after Brad when he got injured !!
See you all at Lock Lane Sunday

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner5804No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2014Aug 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
5684_1302370205.jpg
[url:2e8yjxd3]http://riverpiker.blogspot.com/[/url:2e8yjxd3]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_5684.jpg

Aye, good to hear it wasn't as bad as some of the rumours doing the rounds at the time.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach447No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2011Jun 2011LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
disney/00044.gif
ripon babe:disney/00044.gif

Stanley Rangers under 15s

Congratulations on wining the 9 a side rugby tournament at Eastmoor on sunday, well done. eusa_clap.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach35No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2014Apr 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Good news about the lad that was injured. Everyone there on the day was concerned.

Chile

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach42No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2009Jan 1970LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
14397.jpg
:14397.jpg

Quote: braytontiger "echo what you say about the lad from the u10s first reports are that he isnt has badly hurt has first appeared,in the u10s lock lane were the winners beating knottingley in the final.

in the u9s it was cas panthers who came out on top after going all tournamant without conceding a single try which proves defences do win games,full credit to the other teams involved beaten finalists lock lane,stanley rangers,heworth and normanton knights who played two divisions above their weight but still gave a great account of themselves.

overall a fantastic day and im out on my feet but the good news is we get to do it all again next week.
The Normanton lads were all a bit disappointed that they couldn't sneak a win in the comp but it was always gonna be unlikely as Brayton says they were playing sides who are 2 divisions higher and were also subject a 'bit of treatment' in one of the games (head high stuff at U-9s) is disgraceful....

A great day out and hopefully the Knights will be able to grace the stage again next year.

Well done to everyone involved in the organisation icon_biggrin.gif

Also pleased that the young lad who was injured is OK!!!

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner5804No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2014Aug 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
5684_1302370205.jpg

Well done to Lock Lane for putting on a great tournament today. The weather just about was ok in the end which was a blessing.

Firstly well done to Oulton for winning the under 8's tournament, a very good team! But an even bigger well done (ok it's my lads team) to Townville Tigers under 8's. For the second week running were pipped in the final (after extra time!) and today showed some of the big boys in the league that just because we've been playing in the third division, we deserved to be at that tournament today. Some people really did underestimate our lads and were dealt a massive shock when we kept beating the bigger teams from the top division (and comfortably too). Our kids got a lot of stick before hand and there were some sarcastic comments from adults (tut tut) but there was only one bunch of lads smiling come the end (and Oulton of course). So well done Townville on another great effort!

icon_cool.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach888No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200817 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2021Mar 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
38217_1328808646.jpg

i second all that marshman and would like to point out that both Lock Lane and Oulton were very supportive of us and a big thanks to them. The whole objective of us entering the 2 tournaments was to test ourselfs against the top sides of the Yorkshire league and prove our bid to gain entry into the top division, I think we more than did that on every level another big thanks to Cas Panthers and Lock Lane for allowing us to do this > And a massive well done to All Townville under 8s Players Staff and Parents its been a hard year but hope you can all see the direction we a going in icon_biggrin.gif

ps icon_razz.gif To the bad loosers lol couldnt resist

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1273No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200619 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2011Jan 2011LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
20621_1266834983.png
Once a Knight always a Knight. //www.normantonknights.co.uk/:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_20621.png

ps To the bad loosers lol couldnt resist

Who's that then, those who were spreading rumours of over-age players?

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner5804No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2014Aug 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
5684_1302370205.jpg

Quote: Normy Knight "
Who's that then, those who were spreading rumours of over-age players?'"

Not sure who you're talking about tbh mate.

We just get on with our own game, try our best to improve the kids over the weeks/months/season and give every kid a crack at everything and all this while hopefully making it a fun time for them. My lad loves it there, so Townville must be doing something right. We're not bothered about what everyone else is doing or saying because we're more interested in looking after the kids at our club in the best way for them as a group and individually.

But it was funny watching some of the big boys (not the kids, their parents/coaches) squirm when they were dealt a lesson from a third division side. icon_wink.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach888No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200817 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2021Mar 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
38217_1328808646.jpg

Quote: Normy Knight "ps To the bad loosers lol couldnt resist

Who's that then, those who were spreading rumours of over-age players?'"

Didnt hear the one about over age players but if that is directed at us your welcome to come and check all the playing cards !!

My quote was directed at the team we beat 16 - 0 then they complained we should not have been in the comp as we didnt play in the top league pmsl when i was told that how embarrasing for them .

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2110No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2020Mar 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: binks "Didnt hear the one about over age players but if that is directed at us your welcome to come and check all the playing cards !!

My quote was directed at the team we beat 16 - 0 then they complained we should not have been in the comp as we didnt play in the top league pmsl when i was told that how embarrasing for them .'"

i dont think it was directed at townville,apparntly there has been a team from the yorkshire youths that have been found out for playing over age players,im not sure what team or what age group but it has happend and they have been found out,im sure its the reason the kids will have new i.d cards next year instead of whats been had this year with all the kids info also been put onto a database.

for what its worth townville should be proud to have made two finals and im sure it will be recognised next year when the leagues are done and if not dont give up hope has townville,stanley,shaw cross and lock lane u9s all started in the lower leagues but ended up in group 1 by the end of the year.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner5804No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2014Aug 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
5684_1302370205.jpg

Quote: braytontiger "i dont think it was directed at townville,apparntly there has been a team from the yorkshire youths that have been found out for playing over age players,im not sure what team or what age group but it has happend and they have been found out,im sure its the reason the kids will have new i.d cards next year instead of whats been had this year with all the kids info also been put onto a database.

for what its worth townville should be proud to have made two finals and im sure it will be recognised next year when the leagues are done and if not dont give up hope has townville,stanley,shaw cross and lock lane u9s all started in the lower leagues but ended up in group 1 by the end of the year.'"

Cheers for the comments mate. icon_biggrin.gif

I don't understand why anyone would want to do anything like that to be honest. What good does it do anyone playing older kids? Especially young kids where all it's about (ok finals and trophies are great) is getting the kids playing, seeing what they're about and then you can move on from there. Playing older kids doesn't do the young uns (especially the ones left out) any good and the older kids will be playing against babies. I'm glad they got found out anyway and for me the people responsible shouldn't be involved in any junior RL ever again. Beats me also why the parents of that team would want to let their kids be part of it or be part of a club where it was happening. I know if i saw it happening at our club i'd be off like a shot somewhere else. We all have dreams our kids will be world beaters and lead Cas to title after title and GB honours and i imagine the coaches would love to have an all conquering side at their mercy. But playing kids out of age group is sad and pathetic. Surely as parents and coaches all we want is to see our own kid or those of our club develop and enjoy the game.

It would be good if Townville get moved into that top division. It was quite apparent from the tournaments that those were the teams we want to be competing with each week. It's great to have been winning every time this year but after a while we were all pretty much just wanting our kids to be playing against sides of the same quality. It didn't do our kids any good hammering sides every week and on the other foot, it doesn't do the opposition any good either. Some sides didn't even want to turn up because they just couldn't see the point. I'd be happy if we got in amongst the top sides and won some and lost some, it would do the kids much better in the long run, and i think we'd push some of the big teams all the way too.

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman1468
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 1970Jun 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

stanley rangers under 12s recruitment

this thursday down at stanley club we will be starting to sign our players for the coming season for the under 12s, we are hoping to recruit some new players to the team to compliment the ones that are all ready there,

if anybody is interested in bring a new starter to the game or even a player that would like to change clubs you can pm me or contact Paul his no. is on the web site,
our coaches are Paul Lord and Graham Harwood

www.stanleyrangers.org.uk/
www.stanleyrangers.org.uk/under11_08.htm

training will start on the 5th August weds/ fri nights
your more than welcome to come train before committing icon_smile.gif
stanley rangers under 12s recruitment

this thursday down at stanley club we will be starting to sign our players for the coming season for the under 12s, we are hoping to recruit some new players to the team to compliment the ones that are all ready there,

if anybody is interested in bring a new starter to the game or even a player that would like to change clubs you can pm me or contact Paul his no. is on the web site,
our coaches are Paul Lord and Graham Harwood

www.stanleyrangers.org.uk/
www.stanleyrangers.org.uk/under11_08.htm

training will start on the 5th August weds/ fri nights
your more than welcome to come train before committing icon_smile.gif

573 posts in 39 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
573 posts in 39 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

6.220703125:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Game - Song Titles
Wanderer
19m
BORED The Band Name Game
Wanderer
19m