FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

FORUMS > Castleford Tigers > Our club is in turmoil..........
62 posts in 5 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, pyeman , Hughies sister
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2043No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200718 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2014Apr 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

I hear what you are saying pyeman but i still think he needs more time to build is own Squad, if Cas can keep Chase,Clarke,and all the other young Quality players that are coming through and add some experinced quality players to the squad Cas well be ok.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach50No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200718 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2016Jan 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
30756.jpg
:30756.jpg

Matterson built that squad, offering contracts to those substandard players. Through loyalty alone They were always going to play for him. Wilward has come in and rocked the boat. Those players were on to a good thing and milward is making a lot of changes, With brand new idears and almost the full team out of contract, most of them know they will never put a cas shirt on again after 2012. Im Not suprised there is unrest in the dressing room. People need to get real, you cannot judge a coach under these circumstances.
This time next year if castleford are perfoming like second rate amatures i will be the first to stand on wheldon lane with the milward out sign, but until then i think we should give the man a chance..

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5793No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200718 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2014May 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
32116.jpg
when the score got to 50 we shouted for more, up popped brad davis went over for four..... ......and its no nay never no nay never no more will we face religation...... big barrie mac.' the cas forads av been bob on' [quote="chissitt":3gx4tjo6]Pyeman I wish you would stop talking so much sense. I am in danger of becomming one of your biggest fans. :lol:[/quote:3gx4tjo6] [quote="vastman":3gx4tjo6]Westerman looks the most promising for a long time.[/quote:3gx4tjo6] [quote="Leyther_Matt":3gx4tjo6]The best proper 'rugby pub' in the country has to be the Boot Room at Cas[/quote:3gx4tjo6] [quote="Bolton_Warrior":3gx4tjo6]The only time I ever doubted going to watch Wigan was when we bare face cheated to stay in superleague[/quote:3gx4tjo6] [quote="Danril":3gx4tjo6] Last night, despite being poor and not deserving the win, we should have won.[/quote:3gx4tjo6] [img:3gx4tjo6]http://www.rlfans.com/images/sigs/castigers.gif[/img:3gx4tjo6]:32116.jpg

Quote: BOYD2 "I hear what you are saying pyeman but i still think he needs more time to build is own Squad, if Cas can keep Chase,Clarke,and all the other young Quality players that are coming through and add some experinced quality players to the squad Cas well be ok.'"

I appreciate you've got an outsiders point of view looking in at the club and an outsider that seems to wish us well which is always welcomed, i just cant see milward turning things around. I'm not really a negative guy but i've never felt this low being a cas supporter, even when we relegated, i had hope then but just cant see any positives with the way we are heading. I cant see clark, chase and the rest staying if millward does and that means we are right back to where we were in 2004 after all these years of building ourselves back up. i really do hope milward proves me wrong but i cant see it happening.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5793No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200718 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2014May 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
32116.jpg
when the score got to 50 we shouted for more, up popped brad davis went over for four..... ......and its no nay never no nay never no more will we face religation...... big barrie mac.' the cas forads av been bob on' [quote="chissitt":3gx4tjo6]Pyeman I wish you would stop talking so much sense. I am in danger of becomming one of your biggest fans. :lol:[/quote:3gx4tjo6] [quote="vastman":3gx4tjo6]Westerman looks the most promising for a long time.[/quote:3gx4tjo6] [quote="Leyther_Matt":3gx4tjo6]The best proper 'rugby pub' in the country has to be the Boot Room at Cas[/quote:3gx4tjo6] [quote="Bolton_Warrior":3gx4tjo6]The only time I ever doubted going to watch Wigan was when we bare face cheated to stay in superleague[/quote:3gx4tjo6] [quote="Danril":3gx4tjo6] Last night, despite being poor and not deserving the win, we should have won.[/quote:3gx4tjo6] [img:3gx4tjo6]http://www.rlfans.com/images/sigs/castigers.gif[/img:3gx4tjo6]:32116.jpg

Quote: vegas3 "Matterson built that squad, offering contracts to those substandard players. Through loyalty alone They were always going to play for him. Wilward has come in and rocked the boat. Those players were on to a good thing and milward is making a lot of changes, With brand new idears and almost the full team out of contract, most of them know they will never put a cas shirt on again after 2012. Im Not suprised there is unrest in the dressing room. People need to get real, you cannot judge a coach under these circumstances.
This time next year if castleford are perfoming like second rate amatures i will be the first to stand on wheldon lane with the milward out sign, but until then i think we should give the man a chance..'"

In your opinion has milward brought anything positive to the club? I think massey has improved and our some of our back room staff have improved but cannot think of anything else whereas the negatives are there for all to see.

Other teams have new coaches come in and dont have these problems, if milward cant get the players to play for him that's his fault, its certainly not mattersons fault that millward cant get the players to play to there potential.

I think this time next year we will be just as bad and people will be saying that milward needs time to get the team to gel and its unfair to judge him till the 2014 season.

As i said on the above post i want to be proved wrong but i just cant see it.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5793No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200718 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2014May 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
32116.jpg

Quote: BostonSpaTiger "I agree Pyeman. I would be more browned off if Clark goes than if Rangi does, but we will really struggle without both of them. I don't trust Millward one bit, and if they both go, fans will be completely gutted and walk away from the club (not me I hasten to add)!

Recruitment looks good so far for next season, but I think the players we have already signed will be the best ones, and that anybody else who signs will just be squad players. It doesn't really matter who is in the squad if Basil can't get them playing as a team.'"

100% agree eusa_clap.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach50No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200718 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2016Jan 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
30756.jpg
:30756.jpg

Pyeman, your not wrong in what you are saying, what you have stated, i have said myself on many occasion. My honest opinion on what i think milward has brought to cas! NOTHING!!! But my opinion isnt worth a great deal at the minute as i dont see what structures he has put in place for the coming seasons..Im looking and judging by on field displays which quite frankly have been woeful. But to be fair the team he has been left are poor at best..All im trying to say is maybe we should show a bit more patience, me included. I know thats hard being a cas fan cos all we seem to do is wait for something good to happen next season. I blame the board for that though..

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member16601No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2024Nov 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
cartoons/WB181.gif
:cartoons/WB181.gif

I am watching a team that isn't bothered against Widnes tonight. You have some deep rooted problems at your club.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach8679
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
14002_1637716780.jpg
"I know you've had a bad day, but there's no need to take it out on me":d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_14002.jpg

nobody has anything to play for, apart from winning pay.
Surprised it's currently 28-10, well done The Chemics !

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5793No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200718 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2014May 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
32116.jpg

Quote: maurice "I am watching a team that isn't bothered against Widnes tonight. You have some deep rooted problems at your club.'"

The problem has the nickname basil.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5793No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200718 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2014May 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
32116.jpg

Quote: vegas3 "Pyeman, your not wrong in what you are saying, what you have stated, i have said myself on many occasion. My honest opinion on what i think milward has brought to cas! NOTHING!!! But my opinion isnt worth a great deal at the minute as i dont see what structures he has put in place for the coming seasons..Im looking and judging by on field displays which quite frankly have been woeful. But to be fair the team he has been left are poor at best..All im trying to say is maybe we should show a bit more patience, me included. I know thats hard being a cas fan cos all we seem to do is wait for something good to happen next season. I blame the board for that though..'"

Whilst i understand the point you are making, if this team was so poor was matterson some sort of super coach because he got them to play 10 times better than we have this season.

RankPostsTeam
International Star102No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 201213 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2012Jul 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

If your just coming on here to troll your going to be taking a break from posting on here, you have been warned

Pyeman

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach393No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200916 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2018Sep 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Castigersdave, Sunday June 24th:

"...we are playing so bad even Salford are doing better than us."

June 29th:

Salford 48 - 24 Warrington eusa_clap.gif

July 2nd:

Widnes 40 - 10 Castleford

icon_iamwithstupid.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5793No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200718 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2014May 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
32116.jpg

Quote: Derek Smalls "Castigersdave, Sunday June 24th:

"...we are playing so bad even Salford are doing better than us."

June 29th:

Salford 48 - 24 Warrington Haven't you just pointed out he was right?

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach393No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200916 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2018Sep 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Kinda disrespectful to Salford though, wouldn't you agree?

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5793No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200718 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2014May 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
32116.jpg

Quote: Derek Smalls "Kinda disrespectful to Salford though, wouldn't you agree?'"

I would.

62 posts in 5 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
62 posts in 5 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.1708984375:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
TV Games - Not Hull
BP1
4m
Decision on the field
NSW
11m