OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2021Mar 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
38217_1328808646.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_38217.jpg

Quote: tb "It's p*ss easy, actually.'"

And for someone i have a lot of respect for please tell all !!

Like Marshman i support expansion but what is p*ss easy in Quins and Cru because at the moment i am at a loss to what is so good in their applications that can be classed as P*ss easy

tb
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member48326
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2023Oct 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
1357.jpg
[b:34xc0vwf]Doubt everything, even this[/b:34xc0vwf]:1357.jpg

Quote: binks "And for someone i have a lot of respect for please tell all !!

Like Marshman i support expansion but what is p*ss easy in Quins and Cru because at the moment i am at a loss to what is so good in their applications that can be classed as P*ss easy'"

have a read again

Quote: binks "add enough of stadia this stadia that we wanna expand to london and wales hang 30 years the fulham,london crusaders,london broncos and now harlequins have been playing and still about 1500 fans with 4 name changes and 30 fans when they come to away grounds. Celtic Crusaders and now the crusaders rl with 50 away fans super league is a joke at the moment and people are gunna walk away from the sport catalan have a good home support but no away do the rfl want 12,000 seats and nobody in them i dont give a f**k where i stand if at hull kr wakefield cas bradford salford these grounds i prefere '"

it boils down to: they're not proper teams with proper fans, they don't bring people to our gaff to make up for the shortage of home fans we're attracting.

It is not the job of Quins, Catalans, Crusaders – or for that matter Cas, Leeds, Wigan, Saints or anyone else – fans to subsidise other clubs.

And as someone who travels to Cas from London for every home game and the odd away game, I can tell you it's a pain in the *rse and not cheap.

So I don't actually have much time for people who regard another town within the West Riding as too much of an effort having a go at clubs because their fans don't come to Castleford, or any other not very attractive town, from London and its surrounding counties, or Wales or the south of France in "enough" numbers every week.

So, yeah, I'd say it's p*ss easy to argue against mallcmjlm100's post

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner5064No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2018Oct 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
4388_1497701973.jpg
[quote="Bonzo":2nk0ihzz]Never mind all this journalism stuff you do, with such accuracy in hitting nails on the head you should be a joiner. :wink:[/quote:2nk0ihzz]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_4388.jpg

I agree with that, but I also agree that expansion at the expense of currently established clubs that are performing in many areas of the criteria amounts to cutting off your nose to spite your face

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member5223No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2017Mar 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Orr, Ferres & Milner are delivering the Tigers' application according to Andy Wilson.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner5064No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2018Oct 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
4388_1497701973.jpg
[quote="Bonzo":2nk0ihzz]Never mind all this journalism stuff you do, with such accuracy in hitting nails on the head you should be a joiner. :wink:[/quote:2nk0ihzz]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_4388.jpg

Quote: StuMain "Orr, Ferres & Milner are delivering the Tigers' application according to Andy Wilson.'"

The homegrown captain, the England international and the homegrown England Academy captain... nice choice.

Certainly beats Dickie Wright in a hard hat

tb
RankPostsTeam
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2023Oct 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
1357.jpg

Quote: Gazemous "I agree with that, but I also agree that expansion at the expense of currently established clubs that are performing in many areas of the criteria amounts to cutting off your nose to spite your face'"

So would I. I've yet to see it happen though icon_wink.gif

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner5064No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2018Oct 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
4388_1497701973.jpg

Quote: tb "So would I. I've yet to see it happen though
Indeed

RankPostsTeam
International Star24No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2011Oct 2011LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: tb "You've confused me even more. wtf are you talking about?

They will look at the financial history of all applicants over the period since the last franchise round in 2008. They will consider both Wakey's and Crusaders' financial records, which includes the administration events. The administration is no longer an automatic loss of a licence in the next round, but it is still a factor when considering bids. One factor. The ground issue is another one factor. There are many factors taken into account.'"

There are 17 factors if you know the application process, 5 of which are the main body of the application. One of the main ones is the clubs financial records. I stated this in my last post if you had bothered reading it properly before you had replied.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner5804No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2014Aug 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
5684_1302370205.jpg
[url:2e8yjxd3]http://riverpiker.blogspot.com/[/url:2e8yjxd3]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_5684.jpg

Quote: tb "have a read again

it boils down to

Thing is though tb, we can't ditch a poor supported northern side who might still plod on for the next 20 years with little progression on the gamble that a side from a city that has a few people who occasionally flick Sky sports on and leave the rugby league match on because there's nothing else on TV at that moment, will magically turn into a SL dream team. The RFL need to be nurturing the potential SL sides so that in 5 or 10 years they can be brought in, possibly replacing a northern plodder team or even along side them. But if we replace too many northern plodder teams with gambles from cities that on the whole couldn't give a monkeys about our game, then our game will die on it's . At the moment the northern plodder teams are the bread and butter of our competition.

If I'm honest, I didn't really read that much into the post from mallcmjlm100 where he comments on the away following of these teams. I suppose I should since it was pretty much basically 90% of the content of the post. Pulling that to bits is easy of course and I'm not one for bashing the away following of a team in another country, I've recently defended them on casforum but I'm not digging that up just to prove a point. Take my word for it, I'm a big man and don't have to worry about telling porkies to make myself look good or anything.

Whilst maybe not that clear in mallcmjlm100's post, and maybe he didn't even think it at all, I actually took the general tone of his post and general feeling of many fans of our sport in the West Riding and beyond, well at least many on the M62 corridor. When seeking to improve or game through franchises (which I am all in favour for) we need to make sure we're not doing it at the expense of our established clubs and possibly even more important our establish rugby league fans.

I know of plenty of Cas fans, who when Quins, Crusaders and Catalans are in town actually stay at home and save their money. They wouldn't miss a derby game with Leeds or Wakey or crowd puller against Warrington or Saints though. They're by no means "glory" supporters picking the best games but more picking the games which will have a good vibe about them.

Going back to mallcmjlm100's post, half empty stadiums be it Quins home ground or our own Coliseum don't get the buzz going among some fans when they are half empty or 90% empty even. They don't want to come and watch a game where you can hear a pin drop but want to be part of the packed house. Of course not all the responsibility is on the away fans, we at Cas need to improve our attendances ourselves but part of our problem is that some fans just don't want to be part of these poor attended games. I know we're not helping ourselves and it's kind of a catch 22 thing. But some people will argue that if we were playing the M62 teams each week they might want to go to more games. I know plenty of people who turn up for these such games. They don't see Quins, Cru or Cats (the franchise expansion teams) as anything exciting but will be there for Widnes, Salford and the rest.

The RFL need to be passionate about growing our game, they need to set their levels and that of our clubs high. But they must also be realistic in their aims. You can often talk yourself into a good idea and convince yourself it is right and that it will work (Gateshead anyone) but in reality it's never sustainable at the level you hoped it would, at least not right now. Quins are showing that if they can keep their heads above sand the game can grow outside the heartlands but they're also showing how tough it can be. Widnes have been out of the top for a while now but if I was a betting man i'd bet they would be first for success next between themselves, Quins, Cat's and Crusaders. There's no guarantee of it, but since they're actually in a rugby league area where most want the game they have more chance of getting a role on a la Warrington Wolves in recent years. This is something Cas are looking to do, get some momentum going and build our club up on the back of a new stadium build and a passionate local population who are waiting for the game to throw us some glory. Outside the heartlands it seems as if we're all just sat praying that places like London and Wrexham will suddenly feel the need to forget about football and go watch league instead.

I watch the NRL weekly and wish our competition was as attractive a product and agree that franchising is possibly a way to get us there. But don't bring in silly rules to get rid of a Cas or Wakey etc at the expense of a product which just isn't attractive to the majority of our lovers of the game.

RankPostsTeam
International Star84No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2011Oct 2011LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

im not a club basher but its got to be fair for everyone it should go back to if you finish bottom your relagated its as simple as that no matter what club you are

tb
RankPostsTeam
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2023Oct 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
1357.jpg

I disagree icon_smile.gif

P&R between different comps at different levels (professional and semi pro; or semi-pro and amateur) doesn't work and only damages clubs.

P&R within a comp, between different divisions at the same level does. I look forward to the day when we have enough clubs strong enough to be fully professional that we can look at introducing two divisions with P&R. But I think that's a good few years off yet.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach33944No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2016Mar 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
9005.jpg
kcab sfrawdder Luck is a combination of preparation and opportunity Just to avoid confusion Starbug is the username of Steven Pike SOMEBODY SAID that it couldn’t be done But he with a chuckle replied That “maybe it couldn’t,” but he would be one Who wouldn’t say so till he’d tried. So he buckled right in with the trace of a grin On his face. If he worried he hid it. He started to sing as he tackled the thing That couldn’t be done, and he did it!:9005.jpg

Quote: tb "I disagree
Considering that generally interest is waning in the Championships ( despite it being a fantastic competition ) , that isn't going to happen in a hurry , and as an aside to the general feel of the recent posts

Why do people watch live sport ?

It isn't to see two teams playing each other , it is to ' feel ' the emotion of being in an arena with an atmosphere , quite often of us against them , there is a big crowd on at Headingley right now , with drums banging , fans singing and cheering partly because of a large and vociferous away support

If it was just to see two good teams play each other all those fans would be sat at home or in the pub , getting a better view , seeing more of the action , watching all the replays , saving a fortune , but they don't , they tip up , ' to be there '

Leigh are paying for coaches to bring Widnes fans to the game at the LSV next week , why ? , to bump up our average by a few hundred ? , no , to make money out of them ?, no as it is a split gate , we are doing it to try to improve the atmosphere at a game , in the hope that more home fans will attend and want to come back

We don't want a ' sanitized ' nice squeaky clean sport , we want atmosphere , emotion , we want to ' feel '

That is why people attend live sport , about time the RFL realised that

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach33944No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2016Mar 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
9005.jpg
kcab sfrawdder Luck is a combination of preparation and opportunity Just to avoid confusion Starbug is the username of Steven Pike SOMEBODY SAID that it couldn’t be done But he with a chuckle replied That “maybe it couldn’t,” but he would be one Who wouldn’t say so till he’d tried. So he buckled right in with the trace of a grin On his face. If he worried he hid it. He started to sing as he tackled the thing That couldn’t be done, and he did it!:9005.jpg

I rest my case , I'm sure the pie fans will remember being there tonight , for the rest of their lives

Emotion is why we watch live sport

tb
RankPostsTeam
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2023Oct 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
1357.jpg

Quote: Starbug "I rest my case , I'm sure the pie fans will remember being there tonight , for the rest of their lives

Emotion is why we watch live sport'"

But they've nothing to play for. If they win the SL GF they don't get to be promoted to another competition, they just get to do it all over again. Just like teams in the Championship. Or teams in the Rugby League Conference National Division. In fact the only teams with anything to play for in your world are those in Championship 1. By rights, that should be the only compeition booming.
Mind if teams do win that and get promoted, then they've nothing to play for.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach33944No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2016Mar 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
9005.jpg

Quote: tb "But they've nothing to play for. If they win the SL GF they don't get to be promoted to another competition, they just get to do it all over again. Just like teams in the Championship. Or teams in the Rugby League Conference National Division. In fact the only teams with anything to play for in your world are those in Championship 1. By rights, that should be the only compeition booming.
Mind if teams do win that and get promoted, then they've nothing to play for.'"

Well strangely in every sport you will eventually reach the peak , where you are correct , you cannot go any higher , and yes you are correct , that does apply in the amateur game as well , But that wasn't the point being made was it ?

You completely ignored that as usual

59 posts in 5 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, pyeman , Hughies sister
59 posts in 5 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, pyeman , Hughies sister

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.193359375:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Other Championship Clubs
Dr Dreadnoug
1m
Rumours thread
PopTart
1m