FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

FORUMS > Castleford Tigers > Wheldon Road - Retail Planning Application!
354 posts in 25 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, pyeman , Hughies sister
RankPostsTeam
Club Coach8487No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2020Oct 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
12205_1307822450.png
[img:32iwt8q2]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v623/fullyitfc/cas-4-1.jpg[/img:32iwt8q2]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_12205.png

Because we offer much more than Wakefield in the other areas and have demonstrated that in the three years over the last licensing period. Simple really. Oh, and I'm not saying SL should be expanded to accommodate Cas, simply because I believe we are one of the best 13 sides in Super League. On the basis that Super League, IMO, isn't going to expand to 15 for pure reason of fixture list congestion, logistics and money, that means one in, one out. The weakest sides, IMO are Salford and Wakefield.

Oh, and stadiums are really the be all and end all of licensing aren't they? What's the point in submitting applications on the other areas if that's all it's about? Come on I_A, apply some common sense into this. Salford aren't out the running as much as the media make them out to be just because they have a new stadium on the way.

These two clubs being Leeds and Wakefield?

Plus, you're acting like a child repeating what I'm putting - stuff I expect of a 6-year-old to be honest.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4259
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2020Feb 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
33791.jpg
[b:1swa1vwo]Change is inevitable ...except from a vending machine![/b:1swa1vwo] [quote="BillyRhino":1swa1vwo]So in best IA mode ..<.Possibley World Class, could be the greatest thing since sliced bread....am personally very excited, and confidently expect him to prove my predictions are bang on target.... Alternatively he could be rubbish> IA mode off. :wink:[/quote:1swa1vwo]:33791.jpg

Quote: Fully "Because we offer much more than Wakefield in the other areas and have demonstrated that in the three years over the last licensing period. Simple really.'"

In your eyes, and while you might be right, is that what the RFL think and what if they don't! You still haven't answered this one?

Quote: Fully "Oh, and stadiums are really the be all and end all of licensing aren't they? What's the point in submitting applications on the other areas if that's all it's about? Come on I_A, apply some common sense into this. Salford aren't out the running as much as the media make them out to be just because they have a new stadium.'"

That is why your alter ego on Cas Forum is (very commendably I might add, this is not a criticism, in fact it is the opposite) is instrumental in working on the petition and you carry the new car sticker as your sig? So then we have this sussed me and you then, we should stop arguing because Salford and Crusaders and possibly Quins will have weaker applications so why are you spending your time on this and many other threads trying to justify Castleford's application being stronger than Wakefield's. Surely you should have been talking about how much stronger Cas's application is against Salford and Crusaders... so why aren't you?

Quote: Fully "Plus, you're acting like a child repeating what I'm putting - stuff I expect of a 6-year-old to be honest.'"

It is not childish (well, just a little) but you have failed to answer any of the questions posed by YOU about Wakefield when turned around and made about Castleford... why do you think it is acceptable for me (of all people, as a Rhino) to answer these questions about another club when you are unwilling to answer them about your own club when turned around?

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1430No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2011Dec 2011LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Goodbye all. It was nice knowing most of you.:

Quote: Inflatable_Armadillo "I don't have a PM if you have sent one Georgie?'"
Sent

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach8487No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2020Oct 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
12205_1307822450.png
[img:32iwt8q2]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v623/fullyitfc/cas-4-1.jpg[/img:32iwt8q2]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_12205.png

Quote: Inflatable_Armadillo "In your eyes, and while you might be right, is that what the RFL think and what if they don't! You still haven't answered this one?

That is why your alter ego on Cas Forum is (very commendably I might add, this is not a criticism, in fact it is the opposite) is instrumental in working on the petition and you carry the new car sticker as your sig? So then we have this sussed me and you then, we should stop arguing because Salford and Crusaders and possibly Quins will have weaker applications so why are you spending your time on this and many other threads trying to justify Castleford's application being stronger than Wakefield's. Surely you should have been talking about how much stronger Cas's application is against Salford and Crusaders... so why aren't you?

It is not childish (well, just a little) but you have failed to answer any of the questions posed by YOU about Wakefield when turned around and made about Castleford... why do you think it is acceptable for me (of all people, as a Rhino) to answer these questions about another club when you are unwilling to answer them about your own club when turned around?'"

But I did answer it here:

"Cas have said it will be delivered no matter what division we're in" and I answered your other points when I explained why I don't think Cas will be demoted.

Or did you forget to read during your petulant comments? I'll have you know that I have nothing to do with the petition. I carry the sticker because I think it's vitally important to show my support for Cas. I spend my time justifying Cas against Wakefield because people, whether it be from Wakey, Cas or other clubs, spend time trying to make out that it's between Cas and Wakefield.

Oh and I'm asking YOU them questions because YOU were the one helping SWAG with the petitions on Newmarket etc etc and YOU made the comments that SL should keep Wakefield in on the basis of their stadium plans. That is why I asked YOU to justify your comments if the plans were deliverable regardless of division.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach8487No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2020Oct 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
12205_1307822450.png

Quote: G.Price Fan Club "Could you?

FWIW yes we can. As I imagine you can, as your not paying for yours either.
Opus for you, Yorkcourt for us.'"

Didn't notice this in between I_A's childishness.

Yes, we can.

As for paying for it, yes we are. We've paid for the planning applications ourselves. Opus are paying for Wheldon Road, which in turn will fund Glasshoughton, so again, yes we are paying for it ourselves, not Opus.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1430No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2011Dec 2011LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Quote: G.Price Fan Club "Could you?

FWIW yes we can. As I imagine you can, as your not paying for yours either.
Opus for you, Yorkcourt for us.'"

Opus are BUYING the ground at Wheldon Road. Yes, that's right, Castleford Tigers RLFC OWN the land and will be SELLING it.... they'll be using money they EARNED from THEIR OWN PROPERTY.

Cas WILL BE PAYING for the stadium.

Clear? Good!

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4259
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2020Feb 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
33791.jpg
[b:1swa1vwo]Change is inevitable ...except from a vending machine![/b:1swa1vwo] [quote="BillyRhino":1swa1vwo]So in best IA mode ..<.Possibley World Class, could be the greatest thing since sliced bread....am personally very excited, and confidently expect him to prove my predictions are bang on target.... Alternatively he could be rubbish> IA mode off. :wink:[/quote:1swa1vwo]:33791.jpg

Quote: Georgie Best on a Bloomer "Opus are BUYING the ground at Wheldon Road. Yes, that's right, Castleford Tigers RLFC OWN the land and will be SELLING it.... they'll be using money they EARNED from THEIR OWN PROPERTY.

Clear? Good!'"

True, but they are only buying it if certain conditions are met, namely planning for a supermarket. The increased (and necessary we are told) value of the land is totally dependent on this planning. Opus are funding this application and all the work required, although they are not planning on doing the majority of the work required until after July, to submit an application in October... the 25th October to be precise!

So yes, unlike Newmarket where the developer of that site is paying for the new stadium is he only willing to do so if he can develop land HE owns around the stadium. Opus are only willing to pay the increased value (possibly over-inflated?) to Castleford for land THEY own if he gets to develop this land into a Supermarket. Different yes, because Cas will always own that ground until sold, meaning that they have other options if this doesn't work out in future. Wakefield don't currently have the same asset or therefore safety net, but the current positions of the two only differ in this regard... everything else is very similar! To deny so, is missing the point I think G.Price FC was actually trying to make.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5793No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200718 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2014May 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
32116.jpg
when the score got to 50 we shouted for more, up popped brad davis went over for four..... ......and its no nay never no nay never no more will we face religation...... big barrie mac.' the cas forads av been bob on' [quote="chissitt":3gx4tjo6]Pyeman I wish you would stop talking so much sense. I am in danger of becomming one of your biggest fans. :lol:[/quote:3gx4tjo6] [quote="vastman":3gx4tjo6]Westerman looks the most promising for a long time.[/quote:3gx4tjo6] [quote="Leyther_Matt":3gx4tjo6]The best proper 'rugby pub' in the country has to be the Boot Room at Cas[/quote:3gx4tjo6] [quote="Bolton_Warrior":3gx4tjo6]The only time I ever doubted going to watch Wigan was when we bare face cheated to stay in superleague[/quote:3gx4tjo6] [quote="Danril":3gx4tjo6] Last night, despite being poor and not deserving the win, we should have won.[/quote:3gx4tjo6] [img:3gx4tjo6]http://www.rlfans.com/images/sigs/castigers.gif[/img:3gx4tjo6]:32116.jpg

Quote: Inflatable_Armadillo "True, but they are only buying it if certain conditions are met, namely planning for a supermarket. The increased (and necessary we are told) value of the land is totally dependent on this planning. Opus are funding this application and all the work required, although they are not planning on doing the majority of the work required until after July, to submit an application in October... the 25th October to be precise!

So yes, unlike Newmarket where the developer of that site is paying for the new stadium is he only willing to do so if he can develop land HE owns around the stadium. Opus are only willing to pay the increased value (possibly over-inflated?) to Castleford for land THEY own if he gets to develop this land into a Supermarket. Different yes, because Cas will always own that ground until sold, meaning that they have other options if this doesn't work out in future. Wakefield don't currently have the same asset or therefore safety net, but the current positions of the two only differ in this regard... everything else is very similar! To deny so, is missing the point I think G.Price FC was actually trying to make.'"

You forgot to add that wakefield will only be tenants at nm whereas cas will have ownership of gh.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1430No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2011Dec 2011LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Quote: Inflatable_Armadillo "True, but they are only buying it if certain conditions are met, namely planning for a supermarket. The increased (and necessary we are told) value of the land is totally dependent on this planning. Opus are funding this application and all the work required, although they are not planning on doing the majority of the work required until after July, to submit an application in October... the 25th October to be precise!

So yes, unlike Newmarket where the developer of that site is paying for the new stadium is he only willing to do so if he can develop land HE owns around the stadium. Opus are only willing to pay the increased value (possibly over-inflated?) to Castleford for land THEY own if he gets to develop this land into a Supermarket. Different yes, because Cas will always own that ground until sold, meaning that they have other options if this doesn't work out in future. Wakefield don't currently have the same asset or therefore safety net, but the current positions of the two only differ in this regard... everything else is very similar! To deny so, is missing the point I think G.Price FC was actually trying to make.'"

There is one huge difference.

Wakefield's fairy godmother will simply rent them their coach and horses.
Cas's fairy godmother will take the pumpkin and the mice that they own and turn them into a coach and horses that Cas can keep.

There's no midnight hour when the stuff turns back again

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach11580
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Sep 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Georgie Best on a Bloomer "Opus are BUYING the ground at Wheldon Road. Yes, that's right, Castleford Tigers RLFC OWN the land and will be SELLING it.... they'll be using money they EARNED from THEIR OWN PROPERTY.

Clear? Good!'"

icon_biggrin.gifOH: Oh dear, I hope your not going to throw a strop icon_lol.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach212No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2014Jan 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Some people think I am a schizophrenic, but they don't really know us.:

Quote: chissitt "icon_biggrin.gifOH: Oh dear, I hope your not going to throw a strop
Van broken down today,Squire?

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach11580
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Sep 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: pyeman "You forgot to add that wakefield will only be tenants at nm whereas cas will have ownership of gh.'"

As are Wigin,HullFC,Catalans,Crusaders,Quins,Hudds,Leeds,Bradford,Salford, and Widnes when they come up, so Wakey will be in good company then, assuming of course they are still in SL, conversely you could have the best ground in the championship playing at GH icon_smile.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach11580
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Sep 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: allmatt "Van broken down today,Squire?'"

Nah mate, special delivery down at Poundland head office later in the day, having a de grease atm, I really want to make an impression icon_cool.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach11580
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Sep 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Georgie Best on a Bloomer "There is one huge difference.

Wakefield's fairy godmother will simply rent them their coach and horses.
Cas's fairy godmother will take the pumpkin and the mice that they own and turn them into a coach and horses that Cas can keep.

There's no midnight hour when the stuff turns back again'"

One thing for sure george old boy, you will be able to graze the horses by the side of the road at the GH site safe in the knowledge that no traffic will be running up and down the road for quite a while icon_lol.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4259
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2020Feb 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
33791.jpg

Quote: pyeman "You forgot to add that wakefield will only be tenants at nm whereas cas will have ownership of gh.'"

Valid point pyeman and I did correct this in a post on the VT.

354 posts in 25 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
354 posts in 25 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.08544921875:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Round 26 Wigan Away
Once were Lo
Recent
Salford H Moved to Thursday
Zig
FORUM