FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

FORUMS > Castleford Tigers > New Players!!
33 posts in 3 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, pyeman , Hughies sister
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member5064No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200322 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2018Oct 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
4388_1497701973.jpg
[quote="Bonzo":2nk0ihzz]Never mind all this journalism stuff you do, with such accuracy in hitting nails on the head you should be a joiner. :wink:[/quote:2nk0ihzz]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_4388.jpg

Quote: Daz Bomb "If you actually read it correctly i said - in this senario

I don't really think it's crap recruitment - underwhelming certainly, but I think the club has it right. All additional resources must go into the stadium - I'd prefer a few seasons of lacklustre recruitment and a new stadium compared to bringing in Aussies, scraping into the top 4/5 and being kicked out of SL in the long term.

As for the players in, as Bonzo said, Jackson has had some good reports from Hudds fans, and I think a solid prop adds something to what we currently have. Snitch has had a great season and is still young for his position. Clayton is a squad player through and through - no world beater for sure, but solid. I have no qualms with him coming in, but would have preferred a youngster ahead of him in the pecking order.

I'm happy to concur on how the club is run, there are certainly holes and question marks, I have been a fierce critic over the years but I do believe they have learnt a few lessons and are on the right track.

We are probably one of the poorest clubs in SuperLeague. It is to the club's credit that we finished in the playoffs with a largely homegrown team, we have to look to the youth to build the team in the coming years, and that's what the club is doing - whether circumstance has forced it or not. Our financial situation is not entirely the club's fault, but that of circumstance. We are a small town, with a club with poor facilities and an increasingly unsavoury atmosphere for families - this doesn't add to good crowds. We can get those good crowds (10,000+ Cas fans at the NL1 grand final proves that) but first the whole situation needs to be transformed to get those crowds (and families) in and for us to have the financial resources to compete at the top, all this points to the stadium, which we need money for - and that involves cutting our costs across the board - including player recruitment.

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman12415No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2014Jun 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
974.jpg
[b:876tpu3k][size=100:876tpu3k][color=green:876tpu3k][i:876tpu3k]Getting older is mandatory; growing up is optional.[/i:876tpu3k][/color:876tpu3k][/size:876tpu3k][/b:876tpu3k] [quote="tb":876tpu3k]I agree with Bonzo[/quote:876tpu3k] [quote="Inflatable_Armadillo":876tpu3k]I like you Bonzo, you are my kind of person... [url=http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/sensible:876tpu3k]sensible[/url:876tpu3k]![/quote:876tpu3k] [img:876tpu3k]http://www.rlfans.com/images/sigs/cas.gif[/img:876tpu3k]:974.jpg

Quote: Daz Bomb "Is that TM's doing - Probably not, but he does shoulder the blame for lots of things wrong. - see record defeats whilst hes been in charge

However - Its not fantasy what so ever. If you think TM is a great coach - good for you.'"

I think he's a good coach who's promoted youth development and created an expansive style of play within the team that's extremely entertaining to watch. A lot of people seem to be thinking that we should be getting instant success, however I believe the work that TM's doing now will be of great benefit to us in years to come. We were a much improved team in 2009 over 2008 and a lot of that was down to TM.

Quote: Daz Bomb "As for whinging, its called being realistic, the club tell lies, its run badly, its no real direction, no true action plan, tries to do everything on the cheap'"

yet the club are surviving, competing and progressing through one of the most devastating recessions in history. Whilst the club could adopt a more professional attitude in some areas, you can't argue that in the last 12 months they've begun to address some of the alleged issues that you mention above.

Quote: Daz Bomb "I don't really think it's crap recruitment - underwhelming certainly, but I think the club has it right. All additional resources must go into the stadium - I'd prefer a few seasons of lacklustre recruitment and a new stadium compared to bringing in Aussies, scraping into the top 4/5 and being kicked out of SL in the long term.'"

Absolutely agree - I've said it before that whilst aiming to remain competitive on the pitch, we shouldn't be aiming to excel and instead the absolute priority must be the stadium. It's in the club's best interests for the future, however many fans seem to be only concerned with today and have no foresight for the future.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach38No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2009Jan 1970LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Theres a lot of valid points there.
But an awful lot is self induced by the club itself.

My thoughts of Jackson are -
Positives:
Hard worker, Tackles well, gives 100% and has a good work ethic
Nagatives:
Gets penlised alot, Small, a lack of another string to his bow, Cant bust tackles, has no pschological fear for other teams.

The Club lost its momentum when they said goodbye to the McDonalds - something the club probably couldnt do anything about in essence,

Though the club had been shown how to move forward with Marketing.
We (until this year) cant even get shirt sales right - basics

A Hull fan stated that they gain 40-50k in shirt sales alone within a week.
its 1000-1500 units

Your image needs improving, Im a big believer in you reap what you sow.

Our Juniors are starting to show, we need more and its a key area for RL as a whole. id love an All English team - many probably would. though its a long way off.

We have to accept Aussie "superstars" bar the odd exception stay in Oz.
But remember what impact the likes of Sterling had at Hull, Maninga and Lyon had at Saints, Joey at Wire. Salaries were high. But the Revenue Generated was even higher.

Theres the risk in getting crocked, theres risk in crossing the road too.
Development of a business is all about calculated risk.
You dont take risks you never grow.

Example: Goldy earns a GOOD wage. Do you honestly think he is worth his salary on the back of his performances/disapline?

Perhaps a performance related bonus is an incentive. (within confines of salary caps

33 posts in 3 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
33 posts in 3 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.19921875:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Whitehaven
PopTart
2m
RD 25 Hull FC H
LeedsLurch
7m