JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2020Oct 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
12205_1307822450.png
[img:32iwt8q2]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v623/fullyitfc/cas-4-1.jpg[/img:32iwt8q2]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_12205.png

Rather than saving yourself the entry of £42.00 you could have just bought a membership for £50.00 that would have given you entrance to two games and a range of discounts including on Cas merchandise. In essence, you'd have saved money in the long run.

If standing in the WRE is really that important to you for the games you do make and you can afford a membership, then surely the outlay is worth it to 'support' your club?

Agree with Disco, people need to stop whinging and start seeing the wood from the trees. The club are trying to make the membership sell and people continuously put it down. It really gets my goat.

RankPostsTeam
International Star133No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2013Sep 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Disco "Bye then.... part timer!

D'you know it really winds me up when the club are doing everything they can to raise revenue so they can still give us a club to be proud of, and what do they get? They get nay-sayers, whingers and moaners. There are LOTS of places to stand in the ground but no, somehow your allegedly 'time served' precious square foot of the Wheldon Road End is supposed to be so much more important than the needs of the club, the thousands of other fans, the future of Cas RLFC...?

I hope whoever you and your family can be a**ed to follow in the future make you feel welcome enough to secure your fickle support for another 20 years. But I doubt you'll see the sort of result you've just walked away from today.

Speaking as someone who DID go today, I thought the new arrangements were well managed, the new stewards well informed and the offerings from the new caterers absolutely delicious.'"

Don't talk out of your bumhole mate, the segregation was not well managed at all. It meant that anyone wanting to go to the bar had to travel the full width of the ground to do so. ONE SINGLE catering unit in the princess street stand for 5000 people. One block of toilets because the other was out of order. Disgusting "service".

The wheldon road end had plenty of space free and the rest of the ground was squashed in - dangerously in some areas i might add in an emergency. I've also never heard the ground chant so less for such a busy occasion - why? Because The non-member cas fans were scattered all over the place.

RankPostsTeam
International Star133No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2013Sep 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

I paid £21 today for a fantastic onfield performance today. Off the field it wasn't worth a fiver. It also cost £13 entry for one of my friends kids - it's only £12 to go and watch Manchester United??

Even the gmb union advertising board was hanging off dangerously in the first half. How hard is it to shove a few tie wraps or something on stuff like that?!

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman580
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Oct 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
429_1611864074.jpg
//www.little-leon.blogspot.com Help spread awareness of CHD.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_429.jpg

It's Interesting to see that both Wakefield (My club) and Castleford are both trying to raise extra revenue through member schemes etc, and both seem to have some fans that feel alienated by this. I know the old adage of you cant please all of the people all of the time....
But...
Some people need to see the bigger picture, We both have aging (some would say dilapidated) grounds that cost more in running / maintenance costs than new stadia. We both have uncertainty regarding new grounds delivery (I'll believe them when i'm sat in them!) so we need to get money from wherever we can. If we wish our respective clubs to compete with the "bigger" clubs, or in the worst case scenario, actually survive, we need ALL fans to pitch in and put petty differences aside. Anyway, hopefully in 3 - 4 years everyone will have to find somewhere new to sit / stand anyway......

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4473No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200916 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2023Jun 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
42181_1527427546.jpg
"I'm sorry, but I would hope that we would beat Cas with a 1 day turnaround." An arrogant Wigan fan a few days before we stuffed them 18-4 at the JJB.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_42181.jpg

Quote: nhs1984 "Thank you for the information on the match day changes. The match day changes mean that I can now save myself the entry price £42 - Programme - £2.50 Drinks and pies - £25 that is roughly what my wife and I spent on every home match £ £69.50.
My wife and I always stood at the WRE we are not members so we cannot now go to the WRE. We have stood in the WRE for about 20 years and because of shift work we have never got season tickets. We have made lots of friends in the WRE so for the good of the club we will no longer be attending the WC stadium. Along with my wife and I there was also our two son in laws and our two daughters and our grandson and sometimes friends. So with the changes Castleford RLFC have lost roughly between £300 and £400 in match day tickets drinks and food on one family for home matches. Mind you there are lots of teams to choose from around the area. Well done CFLFC for ailainating one family from your ground.'"

Cool and we won't miss people like you. Jog on you mug. People like you make me sick.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner1888No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2019Jan 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
6008_1343495463.jpeg
There are four billion other girls who want to make love to you....and me:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_6008.jpeg

The turnstiles down the training pitch side were very bad. Massive ques back to the gates on wheldon road. Obviously with it being the first game there was bound to be problems but there were only 2 cash turnstiles which created the problem. Hopefully in future games it won't be as bad

RankPostsTeam
International Star5123
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Apr 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
60524_1510403940.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_60524.jpg

Quote: nhs1984 "Thank you for the information on the match day changes. The match day changes mean that I can now save myself the entry price £42 - Programme - £2.50 Drinks and pies - £25 that is roughly what my wife and I spent on every home match £ £69.50.
My wife and I always stood at the WRE we are not members so we cannot now go to the WRE. We have stood in the WRE for about 20 years and because of shift work we have never got season tickets. We have made lots of friends in the WRE so for the good of the club we will no longer be attending the WC stadium. Along with my wife and I there was also our two son in laws and our two daughters and our grandson and sometimes friends. So with the changes Castleford RLFC have lost roughly between £300 and £400 in match day tickets drinks and food on one family for home matches. Mind you there are lots of teams to choose from around the area. Well done CFLFC for ailainating one family from your ground.'"

No problem. Hope it all works out for you. icon_thumb.gif

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman11181
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2015Jul 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
936.jpg
:936.jpg

Quote: DJKYLE "Don't talk out of your bumhole mate, the segregation was not well managed at all.'"

Hey, it worked for me...

Quote: DJKYLE "It meant that anyone wanting to go to the bar had to travel the full width of the ground to do so. ONE SINGLE catering unit in the princess street stand for 5000 people. One block of toilets because the other was out of order. Disgusting "service".'"

The [ifull width[/i of the ground. What... 60 metres is too far to walk? How did you manage to make it from your car to the ground?
I take it you chose the Princess Street Stand then, and that you've been to Cas before. Didn't you already know our cr&ppers aren't going to win any awards? The state of the bogs Darn t'lane is a long standing problem, but it's wrong to try and use that or the food outlets to slag off the WRE being members only. Two unrelated issues. There were plenty of food points and serviceable (if admittedly rustic) loos around the main stand side of the ground. And even from the diagonally opposite stand they're just a minute or two's walk away.

Quote: DJKYLE "The wheldon road end had plenty of space free and the rest of the ground was squashed in - dangerously in some areas i might add in an emergency.'"

Funny, I walked round three quarters of the ground yesterday (between the WRE, the marquee and the Supporters Club bar) a couple of times - The only 'squash' I saw was early doors in the marquee, when all the prematch dance kids were in there sheltering from the rain. Sure I went round the back of the main stand and not through the Princess Street stand, but even so it didn't look 'dangerous' or 'squashed' at any time. There are maximum safe capacities for all the different areas of WR, and I doubt Cas would have allowed them to be exceeded at any point. Plus I'm sure my mate who always stands in Princess Street would have mentioned anything 'dangerous' when I chatted to him after the game. Should I cast aside the law, Cas' moral obligation to care for customers and the total lack of any concern from other people I know were in there, just to accept your subjective and agenda driven assessment? Or could it be you're over dramatising to try and make a point stick?

Quote: DJKYLE "I've also never heard the ground chant so less for such a busy occasion - why? Because The non-member cas fans were scattered all over the place.'"

Again, subjective. It sounded great in the WRE, and most of the players who tweeted after the game seemed to be pretty happy with the noise from the Cas fans.

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman1958
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2016Feb 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
940.jpg
[b:2685cpta]Josh 1994-2003(a loving son & my best mate)[/b:2685cpta] AYE SALESMAN OF THE YEAR 2001-2012 For top quality printing try //www.bpsprint.co.uk //www.ayberspace.co.uk:940.jpg

No problems noticed in the Princess Street that i could see, As for the Members end i thought it worked well , Me and Riggins were wetting ourselves at the amount of time someone came to the stewards and said i only want to go to the other side of the ground , only to be told that they had to go 'the long way round' .Fair play to the stewards on duty they didnt let anyone (afaik) through without their members pass.
The toilet situation is imho a big no-no , first home game of the season a big crowd expected,a full princess street and the toilets aren't available, Thats not good surely somebody should have checked the toilets a few days leading up to the match and if there was a problem get it sorted ,its not rocket science !
Anyway upshot is ive tried it in the WRE but next time im back in the Princess St. Old habits and all that lol

Delboy66(aye of the tigers fanzine) icon_biggrin.gif icon_biggrin.gif icon_biggrin.gif icon_biggrin.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1347No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2022May 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
39793_1491679334.jpg
"Castleford's biggest home crowd of the 1991-1992 season wasn't quite 12,000 while on average they'd sit around 6000 but the noise, the chanting and the singing just blows you away" - Tawera Nikau "Standing Tall" "I can tell you the atmosphere was extraordinary at Wheldon Road on big days. The ground held around 15,000 people, every one of them close to the action on the field and the noise would be enough to send a rumble through the town" - Malcolm Reilly "Reilly - A Life in Rugby League":d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_39793.jpg

Someone tell me this is a wind up post d040.gif

RankPostsTeam
International Star444No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2018Mar 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Any one who can afford to pay as much as you pay to watch a game has no reason to complain about the Membership, for £50 you get 2 games to pick and choose from plus plenty of discounts, for an additional £30 you can buy 2 more games to pick and choose, plus you could get it all on six months dd so for two £4 a week.

Their has been a few fans complaining that they cant afford it, but then go on to say they go to the pub before the game & in the game, i dont go know but still buy a membership because I'm a Cas fan, my health has failed but my love for the club has not

RankPostsTeam
International Star133No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2013Sep 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Disco "Hey, it worked for me...

The [ifull width[/i of the ground. What... 60 metres is too far to walk? How did you manage to make it from your car to the ground?'"

60 yards? I was stood at the end of the princess street stand next to the WRE - i'd had to walk this far to try and get a decent view as the ground was packed by the time i'd queued 30/40mins to get in.

The full width would have been 100mtrs to the railway end then a further 50mtrs to the end of the main stand and then further to get to the bars. Lost revenue from Cas and i didn't see anyone around me with any food/drinks either - possibly thinking the same thing. There was ONE food unit in the full stand. ONE unit for possibly 5000 people?

Quote: Disco "
I take it you chose the Princess Street Stand then, and that you've been to Cas before. Didn't you already know our cr&ppers aren't going to win any awards? The state of the bogs Darn t'lane is a long standing problem, but it's wrong to try and use that or the food outlets to slag off the WRE being members only. Two unrelated issues. There were plenty of food points and serviceable (if admittedly rustic) loos around the main stand side of the ground. And even from the diagonally opposite stand they're just a minute or two's walk away.
'"

I've been going to the ground for years since having a season ticket as a kid - does that mean i have to put up with disgusting standards of service? An out of order toilet on the first game of the season at home against Leeds?

It's hard to ever say a bad word about Cas on this board as there's always the never say a bad word about Cas brigade. Maybe it's the same people running the club and the reason the grounds in such a poor state.

It would cost less than £5000 to completely renovate all of the toilets at the ground. There should also have been at least 3 food units in the Princess St stand for an occasion like that. Lost revenue.

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman11181
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2015Jul 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
936.jpg
:936.jpg

Quote: DJKYLE "<snip>'"

Fair enough... your argument has moved off the members area and onto the bogs and food. I'll never defend WR's toilets - they're rubbish and they have been for years and yeah I agree they need sorting. Five grand is a lot of money but it doesn't feel like enough to me, not to properly sort out all the bogs in the ground. Double it at least, even triple it...

As for the food, we know they have new catering in this year. Maybe there were some teething troubles in the PS Stand and maybe they'll sort it out for Catalans (mind you - a much smaller crowd for that one). Either way it's a shame you didn't get fed cos the pasties behind the main stand were well worth the walk from Princess Street.

RankPostsTeam
International Star5123
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Apr 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
60524_1510403940.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_60524.jpg

Pasties were superb. Spicey Chicken for me. chef.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach132No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2014Jun 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Disco "Bye then.... part timer!

D'you know it really winds me up when the club are doing everything they can to raise revenue so they can still give us a club to be proud of, and what do they get? They get nay-sayers, whingers and moaners. There are LOTS of places to stand in the ground but no, somehow your allegedly 'time served' precious square foot of the Wheldon Road End is supposed to be so much more important than the needs of the club, the thousands of other fans, the future of Cas RLFC...?

I hope whoever you and your family can be a**ed to follow in the future make you feel welcome enough to secure your fickle support for another 20 years. But I doubt you'll see the sort of result you've just walked away from today.

Speaking as someone who DID go today, I thought the new arrangements were well managed, the new stewards well informed and the offerings from the new caterers absolutely delicious.'"
]

Thank you for your opinion not that is counts. Maybe someday someone with some sense may start listening until then goodbye

33 posts in 3 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, pyeman , Hughies sister
33 posts in 3 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, pyeman , Hughies sister

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

3.64892578125:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Leigh it is
WWste
3m
Game - Song Titles
Wanderer
4m
BORED The Band Name Game
Wanderer
5m
Film game
Wanderer
12m
Recruitment rumours and links
Smiffy27
Recent
Questions for Ste Mills
JamieRobinso
Recent
Wigan Humiliate Leigh For Grand Final Place
Vancouver Le
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
Tonights match v HKR
Or thane
42s
Leigh it is
WWste
52s
Who do you want to win the Grand Final
morleys_deck
1m
Sam Burgess
morleys_deck
1m
TV games not Wire
Cherry_Warri
1m
Squads - Leopards v Warriors
Cokey
1m
Betting 2024
karetaker
1m
BORED The Band Name Game
Wanderer
1m
ALL NEW 49ERS ERA LEEDS UTD THREAD
leedsbarmyar
1m
2025 TRANSFER AND RETENTION RUMOURS
Tony Fax
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
Seeking favourite images from grounds - past or present
retrosports
TODAY
Grand final Tickets
NickyKiss
TODAY
Wigan Humiliate Leigh For Grand Final Place
RLFANS News
TODAY
Refs referring it to video as a try or not
Barstool Pre
TODAY
Questions for Ste Mills
JamieRobinso
TODAY
Decision on the field
MR FRISK
TODAY
Who do you want to win the Grand Final
morleys_deck
TODAY
Worst semi
Barstool Pre
TODAY
2025 TRANSFER AND RETENTION RUMOURS
Tony Fax
TODAY
Sam Burgess
morleys_deck
TODAY
Hull KR Survive Warrington Fightback To Secure Grand Final Spot
RLFANS News
TODAY
Squad 2025
Nat (Rugby_A
TODAY
Tonights match v HKR
Or thane
TODAY
Isa 1 year extension
Trainman
TODAY
2024 IMG gradings
Victor
TODAY
Championship Awards
FIL
TODAY
Season tickets
Ilkley Fax
TODAY
Best Semi
sir adrian m
TODAY
Ben Condon is a Leopard
Jack Gaskell
TODAY
Squads - Leopards v Warriors
Cokey
TODAY
Any decent RL reads for me hols
norbellini
TODAY
Championship Play Off Final
PopTart
TODAY
Man of Steel
matt_wire
TODAY
Guest appearance
AgbriggAmble
NEWS ITEMS
VIEWS
Wigan Humiliate Leigh For Gran..
Hull KR Survive Warrington Fig..
Warrington Wolves Break Saints..
Leigh Leopards Make Play Off P..
Catalans Dragons Finish Sevent..
Hull KR Secure Second With Vic..
Wigan Seal League Leaders Trop..
Wakefield Trinity Sweep Aside ..
Catalans Keep Season Alive Wit..
Salford Ensure Play-Offs And S..
Ruthless Wigan Thrash the Rhin..
Huddersfield Giants Hold Off L..
Salford Close In On The Play O..
Leigh Leopards Up To Fourth Af..
Leeds Rhinos Into the Six Afte..
POSTSONLINEREGISTRATIONSRECORD
19.64M +13,025 80,13214,103
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.

When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
RLFANS Match Centre
 TODAY
     National Rugby League 2024-R31
09:30
Melbourne
v
Penrith
       League One 2024-R26
15:00
Keighley
v
Hunslet
       Championship 2024-R29
Bradford
v
Featherstone
     Womens Super League 2024-R16
16:30
York V
v
St.HelensW
 Sat 12th Oct
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R30
18:00
Hull KR
v
Wigan
 Sun 27th Oct
     Mens Internationals 2024-R2
14:30
England M
v
Samoa M
 Sat 2nd Nov
     Womens Internationals 2024-R2
12:00
ENGLAND W
v
WALES W
     Mens Internationals 2024-R3
England M
v
Samoa M
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)
Matches on TV
Sun 6th Oct
L1
Keighley-Hunslet
WSL2024
16:30
York V-St.HelensW
NRL
09:30
Melbourne-Penrith
Sat 12th Oct
SL
18:00
Hull KR-Wigan
Sun 27th Oct
MINT2024
England M-Samoa M
Sat 2nd Nov
MINT2024
England M-Samoa M
Sat 5th Oct
CH 29 York27-10Widnes
SL 29 Wigan38-0Leigh
Fri 4th Oct
SL 29 Hull KR10-8Warrington
Sun 29th Sep
L1 25 Rochdale26-46Hunslet
CH 28 Barrow24-26Widnes
CH 28 Bradford50-0Swinton
CH 28 Dewsbury28-8Sheffield
CH 28 Wakefield72-6Doncaster
CH 28 Whitehaven23-20Halifax
CH 28 York16-6Featherstone
Sat 28th Sep
CH 28 Toulouse64-16Batley
SL 28 Warrington23-22St.Helens
NRL 30 Penrith26-6Cronulla
Fri 27th Sep
SL 28 Salford6-14Leigh
NRL 30 Melbourne48-18Sydney
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Mens Betfred Super League XXVIII ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wigan 28 759 336 423 46
Hull KR 28 729 335 394 44
Warrington 29 769 351 418 42
Leigh 29 580 442 138 33
Salford 28 556 561 -5 32
St.Helens 28 618 411 207 30

Catalans 27 475 427 48 30
Leeds 27 530 488 42 28
Huddersfield 27 468 658 -190 20
Castleford 27 425 735 -310 15
Hull FC 27 328 894 -566 6
LondonB 27 317 916 -599 6
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Betfred Championship 2024 ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wakefield 26 1010 262 748 50
Toulouse 25 744 368 376 35
Bradford 26 678 387 291 34
York 28 682 479 203 32
Widnes 27 561 502 59 29
Featherstone 26 622 500 122 28

Sheffield 26 626 526 100 28
Doncaster 26 498 619 -121 25
Halifax 26 509 650 -141 22
Batley 26 422 591 -169 22