FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

FORUMS > Castleford Tigers > 6 Crusaders Deported!!!
43 posts in 4 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, pyeman , Hughies sister
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1313No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2015Aug 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
24084.jpg
Disco - Expansion of the game is a good thing, undoubtedly, but in the main what people simply want to assert is that you don't kill the roots to spread the tree. The Curtism - The battles are fought on the field and the friends are made in the bar. There's no hatred among real men. EFC - In Martinez We Trust 9th Place RLFANS Poker Tournament 2010:24084.jpg

Quote: SaintsFan "Not really, because it did. You were bottom so you would have automatically been relegated. What's to argue about that? But that wasn't what I was getting at, and I think you know that. My point was simply that bearing in mind your own standing last season - regardless of the ifs and buts of why you were there - SOME of your fans whinging about the Crusaders looks, to the outside world at any rate, very silly given that the franchise system saved your own club from relegation.

You've had the year to build. Celtic should be allowed the same grace. At least they aren't having the extended franchise benefits that Catalans had.'"

Am I missing the point here?
I know its late and I keep getting poked and told to do some work but....

The Franchises were not announced at the end of the season so to assume our final position would have stayed the same is your opinion only.

Had we not been given a Franchise we would have been forced to fill our team with players for the remainder of the season instead of continuing to blood our much coveted youngsters.

I don't think some of our fans are whinging but having been the team that gave way for Catalan and were edged out by Wigan/Creative accountancy the assistance being given to Celtic would suggest they were not as ready for SL as the RFL were for them to be in and jetisoning the more traditional teams i.e. Widnes.
I am in the traditional camp more than the expansion for expansion sake.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach43No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2012Mar 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Which 3 matches did they win? Will the losing clubs now be trying to get the points back because Crusaders fielded inelligble players?

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach3977No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2021Sep 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
15575.jpg
[img]//www.rlfans.com/images/sigs/castigers.gif[\img]:15575.jpg

Quote: SaintsFan "
My point was simply that bearing in mind your own standing last season - regardless of the ifs and buts of why you were there - SOME of your fans whinging about the Crusaders looks, to the outside world at any rate, very silly given that the franchise system saved your own club from relegation.
'"

Lets not forget we were having the same thing said about us last season when we finished bottom.
Other fans were saying cas should'nt be in SL blah blah.
Do tell me why cas fans in your opinion should'nt have an input on the CC situation on an open forum.
All fans have different opinions, imo its good to hear them all and the reason why.
I dont know you saints fans in your untouchable ivory tower. Oh not so ivory this season though is it icon_rolleyes.gif

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach8487No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2020Oct 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
12205_1307822450.png
[img:32iwt8q2]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v623/fullyitfc/cas-4-1.jpg[/img:32iwt8q2]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_12205.png

Quote: thotspur "Which 3 matches did they win? Will the losing clubs now be trying to get the points back because Crusaders fielded inelligble players?'"

Bradford, Wigan and 1 other team - Salford?

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member351No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200322 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2014Jun 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
4110.jpg
:4110.jpg

Quote: Fully "Bradford, Wigan and 1 other team - Salford?'"

Correct

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member5223No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2017Mar 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: thotspur "Which 3 matches did they win? Will the losing clubs now be trying to get the points back because Crusaders fielded inelligble players?'"

They've not fielded ineligble players in those games. They were fielded in previous years.

As I remember the use of holiday and student visas to sign players in the lower leagues was widespread. This was outlawed at the start of this year and thus a number of lower league sides were unable to bring back players that they had played quite happily in previous seasons.

I suspect the players in question probably played under such visas but it's now become apparent that they weren't studying or were employed for more hours than permitted.

It would be naive to suspect that no other club has flouted the rules in the same manner. I'm sure some of our players in 2005 and 2007 would have been recruited on similar visas. However, it's the Crusaders who are the ones that are caught and pay the price. I wonder if similar "intelligence-led investigations" are prompted at other clubs. icon_wink.gif

tb
RankPostsTeam
International Chairman48326
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2023Oct 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
1357.jpg
[b:34xc0vwf]Doubt everything, even this[/b:34xc0vwf]:1357.jpg

[sizeI feel dirty doing this, but [/size

According to the Excess

Quote: "Skipper Jace van Dijk, full-back Tony Duggan, half-back Damien Quinn, centres Josh Hannay and Mark Dalle Court and second-row Darren Mapp all pleaded guilty.
It is understood they hid their intention to play professional and semi-pro sport when applying for holiday and student visas.'"

rlfull storyrl

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner5044No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2018Jan 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
5793.gif
:5793.gif

RFL statement on Celtic Crusaders

The RFL has asked the UK Border Agency for a copy of its report into alleged discrepancies in the visa applications of six Celtic Crusaders players.

The RFL is also speaking to Celtic Crusaders about the matter and feels it would be inappropriate to pass specific comment until further details are available.

The RFL would like to point out that the awarding of visas is an issue between players and the UK Border Agency, not the RFL. For clarification, the governing body would not refuse a player’s registration if the UK Border Agency approved a player’s status and the appropriate documentation was provided.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4914
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2024Aug 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Others/grunt.gif
been around here long time, thought would start posting...........:Others/grunt.gif

Quote: Hughies sister "RFL statement on Celtic Crusaders

The RFL has asked the UK Border Agency for a copy of its report into alleged discrepancies in the visa applications of six Celtic Crusaders players.

The RFL is also speaking to Celtic Crusaders about the matter and feels it would be inappropriate to pass specific comment until further details are available.

The RFL would like to point out that the awarding of visas is an issue between players and the UK Border Agency, not the RFL. For clarification, the governing body would not refuse a player’s registration if the UK Border Agency approved a player’s status and the appropriate documentation was provided.'"

are we talking forgery here??? icon_rolleyes.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach16170No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2016Oct 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
40218_1286737075.jpg
Success is not final; failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. (Winston Churchill):d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_40218.jpg

Quote: poppys mum "Do tell me why cas fans in your opinion should'nt have an input on the CC situation on an open forum.'"

Where have I said they shouldn't? That's just silly. I simply expressed my own POV, on this open forum, that some - some - Cas fans, the Cas fans who were condemning the Crusaders out of hand, may want to remember that the franchise system saved them from certain relegation. I don't know what the big steam up is all about. It's a fact. And because of that fact, they came across as hypocritical (which I also said).

However, other Cas fans have been very sympathetic.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member5223No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2017Mar 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: swifty62 "are we talking forgery here???
No, they had the appropriate documentation issued by UKBA. However, the documentation was issued as a result of false information being provided.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner33944No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200421 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2016Mar 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
9005.jpg
kcab sfrawdder Luck is a combination of preparation and opportunity Just to avoid confusion Starbug is the username of Steven Pike SOMEBODY SAID that it couldn’t be done But he with a chuckle replied That “maybe it couldn’t,” but he would be one Who wouldn’t say so till he’d tried. So he buckled right in with the trace of a grin On his face. If he worried he hid it. He started to sing as he tackled the thing That couldn’t be done, and he did it!:9005.jpg

Quote: tb "Unfortunately, that's where the doubt appears to come in

rlfull storyrl

What promotion winning team? There was no promotion. Crusaders, like us and everybody else, are in SL because of a franchise application – not because of what they did in the 2008 GF.'"

The 2007 NL 2 promotion winning team , the promotion they had to achieve to be in a position to apply for a licence

These players were all involved at that point

Not passing judgement , just the facts

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member1080No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200322 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2018Jul 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
4673_1268921789.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_4673.jpg

Quote: SaintsFan "Where have I said they shouldn't? That's just silly. I simply expressed my own POV, on this open forum, that some - some - Cas fans, the Cas fans who were condemning the Crusaders out of hand, may want to remember that the franchise system saved them from certain relegation. I don't know what the big steam up is all about. It's a fact. And because of that fact, they came across as hypocritical (which I also said).

However, other Cas fans have been very sympathetic.'"

That's not strictly true anyway, I mean we all knew that the franchise system was going to be brought into play and that we weren't fighting on the field for a place in Super League, but off it with the application for a franchise.

We used last year as an opportunity to build a solid foundation using our youngsters to give them valuable experience for this season and future years.

Had the system been the same, we probably wouldn't have played the youngsters as often and we'd have looked to bring in more experienced players to scramble to finish anywhere but bottom. The fact that we could do this shows the true value of the new system anyway.

I still maintain that I don't think Celtic were ready to be brought in, and throwing them in at this stage was just an attempt to fast-track some interest in the sport in a place where there isn't nearly enough. They should have left them to develop in the national leagues until the next round of applications by which time you could gauge more accurately whether they were ready.

That being said, I reckon if Widnes or someone else had been brought in at their expense, it would have only increased the probability that we would be missing out next time around when Celtic would have almost certainly been brought in anyway.

Ultimately Celtic will be judged on what they do over the course of the 3 seasons, and if they end up competing with the rest of the league and have an improved fan base then I suppose the experiment will be deemed a success. If they don't, will the RFL persevere or give up?

tb
RankPostsTeam
International Chairman48326
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2023Oct 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
1357.jpg
[b:34xc0vwf]Doubt everything, even this[/b:34xc0vwf]:1357.jpg

Quote: Starbug "The 2007 NL 2 promotion winning team ,'"

Tigerman10 was referring to that when he wrote of "the promotion winning team last year"? Somehow I doubt it. icon_wink.gif

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner33944No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200421 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2016Mar 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
9005.jpg
kcab sfrawdder Luck is a combination of preparation and opportunity Just to avoid confusion Starbug is the username of Steven Pike SOMEBODY SAID that it couldn’t be done But he with a chuckle replied That “maybe it couldn’t,” but he would be one Who wouldn’t say so till he’d tried. So he buckled right in with the trace of a grin On his face. If he worried he hid it. He started to sing as he tackled the thing That couldn’t be done, and he did it!:9005.jpg

Quote: tb "Tigerman10 was referring to that when he wrote of "the promotion winning team last year"? Somehow I doubt it.
Couldn't care less what tigerman 10 was referring to

Celtic Cheated their way out of NL 2 , so clubs in that division were affected

As a by product of that all clubs in NL 1 last season were affected , one of them would have made the NL 1 GF and would now be in a position to apply for a franchise

Also those at the bottom were affected and quite possibly a different club would have been relegated

43 posts in 4 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
43 posts in 4 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.21826171875:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Salford H
Dave K.
4m
Play-offs
Deeeekos
4m