OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2011Feb 2011LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
8757.jpg
:8757.jpg

Quote: Gaslight "Well if you're so all knowing icon_wink.gif

If wakey have one why dont cas not bother, team up with wakeys plan and actually get a ground, rather than both keep dreaming.

If your honest you know its the only realistic way your going to get a ground.......as if wakey council are really going to stump up the cash for TWO grounds in the same borough!!!

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5035No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200916 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2021Oct 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
44747_1304271884.png
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_44747.png

Quote: andyed-wiganrl "WOW......you should have a stadium for 2040 then eh? FFS is that progress in castleford?

Then again having been there the horse and cart is probably still seen as progress and Wheldon Road State of the Art!!
WAKEY COUNCIL AREN'T PAYING ANYTHING FOR EITHER STADIUM!!!! HOW MANY TIMES DOES IT NEED TO BE SAID BY EITHER SET OF FANS?!
RankPostsTeam
Club Owner3019No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200421 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2011Feb 2011LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
8757.jpg
:8757.jpg

Quote: Gaslight "WAKEY COUNCIL AREN'T PAYING ANYTHING FOR EITHER STADIUM!!!! HOW MANY TIMES DOES IT NEED TO BE SAID BY EITHER SET OF FANS?! icon_wink.gif (PS. the last bit is tongue in cheek)

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5035No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200916 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2021Oct 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
44747_1304271884.png
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_44747.png

Quote: andyed-wiganrl "As much as id like it to be otherwise, yours and wakeys plans are pipedreams and neither will have sufficient funding unless you team up AND get the council involved. '"

Well considering both teams have funding from various sources Wakey being Sport England/grants/sale of Belle Vue and Cas from sponsors such as Surfworld/sale of the Jungle and both teams getting land from the council to secure loans again, which reading the blog something Cas have already done in preparation ready for the build.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4163
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200916 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2021Oct 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
42850_1303637344.jpg
WE ARE WAKEFIELD, WITHOUT THE RICHARDSONS’ WE ARE STRONGER:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_42850.jpg

Quote: andyed-wiganrl "Yeah alright mate....like bradfut were redeveloping odslum in 1994!! Found an old league express the other week having a clean out with little mock up pictures of what it would look like in 2000!!! Had a good old laugh at that.

As much as id like it to be otherwise, yours and wakeys plans are pipedreams and neither will have sufficient funding unless you team up AND get the council involved.

If you take the emotion out of the topic then youd all realise its the only way.

Perhaps this will finally happen given another 16 years like bratfut have had, when come 2026 you and wakey will still be playing at Wheldon Road and Belle View in the National league and will realise its the only chance either of you will ever have of getting back in SL. Either that or merge as Calder
Wakefield will be a tenant at a community owned stadium. The funding for the stadium is in place and provided planning permission for the full development is given, it will happen. As a community owned stadium Cas are welcome to play there as well, although at the moment they are choosing to press ahead with their own stadium plans and good luck to them. As a Wakey fan, I can appreciate your sceptism regarding Wakey and Bradfords proposed developments because we have both had various plans for quite some time which have never come to fruition, but I think in the Cas case, the project has evolved over a shorter period of time and has been set back by the economic crisis and therefore until it is actually confirmed it is not going to happen, I think it is unfair to criticise.

In the case of Wakey, we are in the last chance saloon having sold Belle Vue, but as above, subject to planning permission being granted, the new stadium will be built.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach184No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200817 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2013Apr 2010LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Disco "My understanding is...

1) I think the official line is "Um, er, um..". Between the lines it seems to be that the club have SOME of the money (maybe even MOST?) already in place, enough to kick of a 'staged' build at least. It's not much of a leap to conclude that the a*se falling out of the property market has put a serious dent in the saleable value of certain assets the club were relying on to sell. The upshot is there's almost certainly some undisclosed shortfall which means a reduced pot. That means staging the Glasshoughton build, such as building something with 2 or maybe 3 sides at first. Of course that would mean a reduced capacity, below the magic 12,000 number required. Whether the RFL would accept such an outcome is the $64M question... but I fear they probably wouldn't.

2) The club claims to be appraising the RFL of the build situation on an ongoing basis. Nothing concrete about what the RFL are feeding back has ever been forthcoming (apart from the 'warning' Cas and four other clubs received about their franchise promises). My feeling? ... it doesn't look good.

3) I don't think there is a particularly huge delay with the architects, though perhaps the changes outlined in '1' had not originally been part of the submission remit given to the 'final four'? If that's the case I'd expect they've been told to review their designs with a view to possibly building what they've come up with in stages. Just a guess on my part, but if I'm right then such a consideration would be vital.

4) Well the only realistic timescale I suppose is the last thing RW said, apparently.

5) Apparently Cas DO have a Plan 'B' (in fact the RFL made note of it when the first Franchise app's went in) but nobody's too sure what it is. The assumption seems to be something along the lines of "tart up Wheldon Road".

I'm not sure if that clarifies or muddies the waters, but there you go.'"

1. Well from what I have read in the latest Richard Wright blog is the majority of the funding in place? Cas have not even released the funds from the land given to them by wakefield council yet and I seem to remeber the company that we had A FIXED PRICE agreement for the sale of the jungle which I presume was in a binding contract. So if they have pulled out or whatever has happened why havent we demanded they honour contract or pay us a sum to be released from contract.

2. Hope they have been telling the RFL more than what we have been getting. All we get is that everyone is working behind the scenes and that there is another meeting next month.

3. A significant delay with the designers. We were supposed to find out December January time and we are now in April. I get that there could be some issues if have to do a staged build but Please.

4. I would be happy if we got a brick in ground before another potential bad winter halts all work. But remember this we still do not have full planning authority to proceed. We were ahead of st' helens wakefield and salford and all theres seem to be gathering pace while ours stands pretty much still.

5. Plan B by the looks of what we have seen so far is give up and play in National League.

Hopefully the fans focus group mentioned in the blog that is supposed to be taking place next week will have the opportunity to put these point to the BOD.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach1621No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2018Jun 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Black Backgrounds/Kermit the Frog.gif
:Black Backgrounds/Kermit the Frog.gif

Quote: andyed-wiganrl "Yeah alright mate....like bradfut were redeveloping odslum in 1994!! Found an old league express the other week having a clean out with little mock up pictures of what it would look like in 2000!!! Had a good old laugh at that.

As much as id like it to be otherwise, yours and wakeys plans are pipedreams and neither will have sufficient funding unless you team up AND get the council involved.

If you take the emotion out of the topic then youd all realise its the only way.

Perhaps this will finally happen given another 16 years like bratfut have had, when come 2026 you and wakey will still be playing at Wheldon Road and Belle View in the National league and will realise its the only chance either of you will ever have of getting back in SL. Either that or merge as Calder
You really are showing yourself up and exposing your lack of RL knowledge.....whatever happens or doesn't re new stadia, Wakey will not be playing at Belle Vue!!

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach326No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2010Apr 2010LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Tricky2309 "Wakefield will be a tenant at a community owned stadium. The funding for the stadium is in place and provided planning permission for the full development is given, it will happen.

In the case of Wakey, we are in the last chance saloon having sold Belle Vue, but as above, subject to planning permission being granted, the new stadium will be built.'"

It is often stated that all the money is in place. can you rpovide a link to a reputable source for this assertion? Thanks.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach1621No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2018Jun 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Quote: GiantJo "It is often stated that all the money is in place. can you rpovide a link to a reputable source for this assertion? Thanks.'"

It is often stated (by you) that the venture wont happen. can you rpovide a link to a reputable source for this assertion? Thanks.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4163
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200916 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2021Oct 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
42850_1303637344.jpg
WE ARE WAKEFIELD, WITHOUT THE RICHARDSONS’ WE ARE STRONGER:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_42850.jpg

Quote: GiantJo "It is often stated that all the money is in place. can you rpovide a link to a reputable source for this assertion? Thanks.'"

To coin one of your well used phrases "why should I do your research for you" the information is out there if you are that interested go and find it yourself

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5793No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200718 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2014May 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
32116.jpg
when the score got to 50 we shouted for more, up popped brad davis went over for four..... ......and its no nay never no nay never no more will we face religation...... big barrie mac.' the cas forads av been bob on' [quote="chissitt":3gx4tjo6]Pyeman I wish you would stop talking so much sense. I am in danger of becomming one of your biggest fans. :lol:[/quote:3gx4tjo6] [quote="vastman":3gx4tjo6]Westerman looks the most promising for a long time.[/quote:3gx4tjo6] [quote="Leyther_Matt":3gx4tjo6]The best proper 'rugby pub' in the country has to be the Boot Room at Cas[/quote:3gx4tjo6] [quote="Bolton_Warrior":3gx4tjo6]The only time I ever doubted going to watch Wigan was when we bare face cheated to stay in superleague[/quote:3gx4tjo6] [quote="Danril":3gx4tjo6] Last night, despite being poor and not deserving the win, we should have won.[/quote:3gx4tjo6] [img:3gx4tjo6]http://www.rlfans.com/images/sigs/castigers.gif[/img:3gx4tjo6]:32116.jpg

You mean the council that has publicly stated they wont put a penny into either stadia?

The council that lost millions in the iceland bank collapse, the council who is heavily in debt and will soon see a funding cut whoever wins the general election?

Or are you thinking of another council?

If we had a council willing to invest (like widnes, hull etc) we would already have a new ground but we dont we have a council that will not invest, so we have to build up the funding ourselves.

If you keep talking like you know best but then show that you have little idea about the facts of the situation you look like a right t!t.

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman11181
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2015Jul 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
936.jpg
:936.jpg

Perhaps this will finally happen given another 16 years like bratfut have had, when come 2026 you and wakey will still be playing at Wheldon Road and Belle View in the National league and will realise its the only chance either of you will ever have of getting back in SL. Either that or merge as Calder I think the thing that most people from outside the area don't understand is that - for me at least - the scenario you suggest (two separate teams playing at Wheldon Road and Belle View in the lower leagues) is actually preferable to the prospect of having one merged team in the area which doesn't adequately identify with either Castleford or Wakefield. Certainly not Cas, anyway, seeing as a merged team would almost certainly carry the name 'Wakefield'.

Folks can say that's a short sighted view, but it's easy to tell others what to do while the long term prospects of your own Leeds, Wigan, St Helens, (etc) seem safe and secure thank you very much. Perhaps they don't understand the fact that (from Cas' side of the fence at least) there's not much bar the rugby club that still puts the town on the map. The Tigers are something that people can rally behind and take a civic pride in and that's what folk do. As a proportion of the town's population Cas' crowds are unbelievably high.

Calder or Wakefield Tigers (or whatever) just wouldn't have the same draw, so yes I want Cas to be up there with the best but to be honest, if it came to it, I'd rather watch a team called Castleford being a big fish in a smaller pond. The prospect of doing so isn't the 'threat' that some outsiders seem to think it is.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5086No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2022Nov 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
14911_1666773367.jpg
[b:3diuzizv][color=#0000FF:3diuzizv]WAKEFIELD[/color:3diuzizv] [color=#FF0000:3diuzizv]TRINITY[/color:3diuzizv] - [color=#FF0000:3diuzizv]The[/color:3diuzizv] [color=#0000FF:3diuzizv]PRIDE[/color:3diuzizv] [color=#FF0000:3diuzizv]of[/color:3diuzizv] [color=#0000FF:3diuzizv]Sporting[/color:3diuzizv] [color=#FF0000:3diuzizv]Wakefield[/color:3diuzizv][/b:3diuzizv] [b:3diuzizv][color=#FF0000:3diuzizv]THE DEFINITION OF INSANITY IS DOING THE SAME THING OVER AND OVER AGAIN AND EXPECTING DIFFERENT RESULTS[/color:3diuzizv][/b:3diuzizv]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_14911.jpg

Quote: andyed-wiganrl "In all seriousness why dont wakey and cas both just cut the crap and stop chasing pipedreams of a ground. The best way forward for all parties would be a joint venture 14k ground for both clubs to groundshare.

As ive even said before, you could even split the ground to have two cas stands and two wakey stands to give it a novelty feel. Both sell season tickets and tickets in your home stands, and one of the other stands could serve on a normal match day for away fans, leaving one closed which would be more than enough for all league games bar the derby.

Then come derby day twice a year open up the whole ground with cas on one side and wakey on the other.

Its realistically the only way its ever going to happen and could add a bit of a novelty factor to the ground.

Otherwise both clubs will be left playing in the holes of grounds you have now and playing NL rugby in 5 years time.'"

I know it's very unlikely but just suppose the Premier League decided that they didn't want RL teams playing at football grounds (and I am aware that you have a long-term lease but the Premier League are a much bigger organisation than the RFL) and you were forced to move out.

How would you feel if we told you that you could try and build your own stadium or go and share Saints new ground.

How many Wigan fans would contemplate playing out of a shared stadium with St Helens (do you think I would need more than 1 hand to count them???)

Things are taking longer than either us or Cas would want but we are still not ready to abandon plans and start all over again trying to find somewhere suitable for us both to share. Apart from the fact that not many Cas or Wakey fans would be happy with sharing, starting over would put us significantly behind where either project is at the moment and would pretty much guarantee no licence for either of us next time around.

You get on with supporting your team and leave us to support what ours are doing!!!

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach326No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2010Apr 2010LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: SimonBarrett "It is often stated (by you) that the venture wont happen. can you rpovide a link to a reputable source for this assertion? Thanks.'"

Where have I said it wont happen? give me a couple of examples. Or are you making up what I post?

So do you have a link to a reputable source showing the money is all in place?

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach1621No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2018Jun 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Quote: GiantJo "Where have I said it wont happen? give me a couple of examples. Or are you making up what I post?

So do you have a link to a reputable source showing the money is all in place?'"

So do you have a link to a reputable source showing the money is not all in place?

291 posts in 20 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, pyeman , Hughies sister
291 posts in 20 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, pyeman , Hughies sister

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

3.13818359375:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Tonights match v HKR
Wires71
4m
SL CHAT THREAD OTHER TEAMS GAMES
YosemiteSam
8m
Rumours thread
dboy
22m
Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4
ArthurClues
24m
WIRE YED Prediction Competition Hull KR Away Play Off Semi
rubber ducki
28m
Squad 2025
Nat (Rugby_A
29m
BORED The Band Name Game
Wanderer
30m
Film game
Wanderer
33m
Best Semi
sir adrian m
35m
ALL NEW 49ERS ERA LEEDS UTD THREAD
leeds owl
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
Best Semi
sir adrian m
1m
SL CHAT THREAD OTHER TEAMS GAMES
YosemiteSam
1m
Fev H Play Off
Rafa9
2m
Squad for HKR
MorePlaymake
2m
2024 IMG gradings
Victor
2m
Squad 2025
Nat (Rugby_A
2m
Proposed rule changes 2025
leeds owl
3m
BORED The Band Name Game
Wanderer
3m
Squads - Leopards v Warriors
Deeeekos
4m
DoR - New Coach - Investor & Adam - New signings
Offy86
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
Squad 2025
Nat (Rugby_A
TODAY
Tonights match v HKR
Wires71
TODAY
Isa 1 year extension
exiled Warri
TODAY
2024 IMG gradings
Victor
TODAY
Championship Awards
Butcher
TODAY
Season tickets
terry silver
TODAY
Best Semi
sir adrian m
TODAY
Ben Condon is a Leopard
Jack Gaskell
TODAY
Squads - Leopards v Warriors
Deeeekos
TODAY
Any decent RL reads for me hols
norbellini
TODAY
Championship Play Off Final
PopTart
TODAY
Man of Steel
matt_wire
TODAY
Guest appearance
AgbriggAmble
TODAY
Squad for HKR
MorePlaymake
TODAY
Proposed rule changes 2025
leeds owl
TODAY
Fev H Play Off
Rafa9
TODAY
Whose going for a beer in Wigan Saturday
Deeeekos
TODAY
Play-off semi-final
BarnsleyGull
TODAY
Coach of the Year
Howfenwire
TODAY
Greatest game ever at HJ
Fantastic Mr
TODAY
World Club Challenge
Barstool Pre
TODAY
WIRE YED Prediction Competition Hull KR Away Play Off Semi
rubber ducki
TODAY
2025 Squad
Jimmythecuck
TODAY
2024 Season Review
Jimmythecuck
TODAY
McNamara interview
Jimmythecuck
TODAY
French Elite 1 season 2024/2025 Thread
Jimmythecuck
TODAY
Butcher
TODAY
2025 membership/renewals
The Dentist
TODAY
Hull FC ladies
Hessle Roade
TODAY
Kai
Cokey
NEWS ITEMS
VIEWS
Warrington Wolves Break Saints..
Leigh Leopards Make Play Off P..
Catalans Dragons Finish Sevent..
Hull KR Secure Second With Vic..
Wigan Seal League Leaders Trop..
Wakefield Trinity Sweep Aside ..
Catalans Keep Season Alive Wit..
Salford Ensure Play-Offs And S..
Ruthless Wigan Thrash the Rhin..
Huddersfield Giants Hold Off L..
Salford Close In On The Play O..
Leigh Leopards Up To Fourth Af..
Leeds Rhinos Into the Six Afte..
Wigan Warriors Defeat Hull KR ..
Wane Names Provisional Squad f..
POSTSONLINEREGISTRATIONSRECORD
19.63M 3,019 80,13114,103
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.

When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
RLFANS Match Centre
 TODAY
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R29

20:00
Hull KR
4-0
Warrington
Batchelor Try, Not Converted
 TOMORROW
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R29
17:30
Wigan
v
Leigh
 Sun 6th Oct
     National Rugby League 2024-R31
09:30
Melbourne
v
Penrith
       League One 2024-R26
15:00
Keighley
v
Hunslet
       Championship 2024-R29
Bradford
v
Featherstone
York
v
Widnes
     Womens Super League 2024-R16
16:30
York V
v
St.HelensW
 Sun 27th Oct
     Mens Internationals 2024-R2
14:30
England M
v
Samoa M
 Sat 2nd Nov
     Womens Internationals 2024-R2
12:00
ENGLAND W
v
WALES W
     Mens Internationals 2024-R3
England M
v
Samoa M
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)
Matches on TV
Fri 4th Oct
SL
20:00
Hull KR4-0Warrington
Sat 5th Oct
SL
17:30
Wigan-Leigh
Sun 6th Oct
L1
Keighley-Hunslet
WSL2024
16:30
York V-St.HelensW
NRL
09:30
Melbourne-Penrith
Sun 27th Oct
MINT2024
England M-Samoa M
Sat 2nd Nov
MINT2024
England M-Samoa M
Fri 4th Oct
SL
LIVE
Hull KR4-0Warrington
Sun 29th Sep
L1 25 Rochdale26-46Hunslet
CH 28 Barrow24-26Widnes
CH 28 Bradford50-0Swinton
CH 28 Dewsbury28-8Sheffield
CH 28 Wakefield72-6Doncaster
CH 28 Whitehaven23-20Halifax
CH 28 York16-6Featherstone
Sat 28th Sep
CH 28 Toulouse64-16Batley
SL 28 Warrington23-22St.Helens
NRL 30 Penrith26-6Cronulla
Fri 27th Sep
SL 28 Salford6-14Leigh
NRL 30 Melbourne48-18Sydney
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Mens Betfred Super League XXVIII ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wigan 27 721 336 385 44
Warrington 28 761 341 420 42
Hull KR 27 719 327 392 42
Leigh 28 580 404 176 33
Salford 28 556 561 -5 32
St.Helens 28 618 411 207 30

Catalans 27 475 427 48 30
Leeds 27 530 488 42 28
Huddersfield 27 468 658 -190 20
Castleford 27 425 735 -310 15
Hull FC 27 328 894 -566 6
LondonB 27 317 916 -599 6
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Betfred Championship 2024 ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wakefield 26 1010 262 748 50
Toulouse 25 744 368 376 35
Bradford 26 678 387 291 34
York 27 655 469 186 30
Widnes 26 551 475 76 29
Featherstone 26 622 500 122 28

Sheffield 26 626 526 100 28
Doncaster 26 498 619 -121 25
Halifax 26 509 650 -141 22
Batley 26 422 591 -169 22