Apr 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2019May 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
32941_1334744781.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_32941.jpg

Quote: mdean "Just seen some stuff on SadBook about people thinking Rangi can use one of his bans on the week off the CC in the 20's, my interpretation is he can't because he isn't age elligible.

So the week off doesn't help.

I actually think that rule needs looking at and clearing up, becuase if a 19yr old player committed the offense, then could take one of his bans in the 20's, but based purely on age seemingly you can't???

Anyway, back to work.'"

he can't count an under 20s game. as an overage player, he could only count it if the offence occured while he was playing for the under 20s

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach734No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2023Sep 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
18832.jpg
:18832.jpg

Yeah, agree - point taken.

But seemingly if he was 19, he could count the 20's game regardless of where it occrued??? Becuase he is age elligible.

RankPostsTeam
International Star490No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2019Apr 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Featherstone Rovers - Co-Operative Championship League Leaders and Champions 2011:

I think Cas and Mr Chase should count themselves very lucky indeed.

If you read the verdict, the tribunal considered moving outside the tariff for the charge, such was the severity of the incident.

Makes you wonder whether the charge should have been further up the scale.

Anyway, back to business. I think the lack of Rangi Chase will be good for you. You looked very one dimensional and predictable on Saturday and seemed to rely on him far too much. When we were successful in closing him down, you had no plan b.

This hiatus gives your players a chance to show what they can do.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach720No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2014Aug 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
24761_1360631337.gif
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_24761.gif

Quote: Homer_J_Simpson "I think Cas and Mr Chase should count themselves very lucky indeed.

If you read the verdict, the tribunal considered moving outside the tariff for the charge, such was the severity of the incident.

Anyway, back to business. I think the lack of Rangi Chase will be good for you. You looked very one dimensional and predictable on Saturday and seemed to rely on him far too much. When we were successful in closing him down, you had no plan b.

This hiatus gives your players a chance to show what they can do.'"

We had a plan b but the players didn't think to use it and played like a bunch of headless chickens.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1595No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2017Jul 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
17238.jpg
:17238.jpg

Quote: Homer_J_Simpson "I think Cas and Mr Chase should count themselves very lucky indeed.

This hiatus gives your players a chance to show what they can do.'"

If you saw us regularly you would understand the absurdity of that viewpoint.

Re 'that challenge' have Fev fans been saving up their righteous indignation in the event that one day something might happen in a derby which might yield a bit of the moral highground lost after the Slatter/Johnson incident referred to in the "worst tackle" thread.

BTW I personally feel the 3 game ban is lenient even though it seems the offence was deemed to have been committed recklessly rather than with an intent to cause the injury it did. IMO spear tackles, whatever the outcome, are worse because someone lifting the opponent above the horizontal from between the legs must surely know the potential damage could be far greater than say a broken jaw.

RankPostsTeam
International Star490No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2019Apr 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Featherstone Rovers - Co-Operative Championship League Leaders and Champions 2011:

Quote: smoking monkey "If you saw us regularly you would understand the absurdity of that viewpoint.

Re 'that challenge' have Fev fans been saving up their righteous indignation in the event that one day something might happen in a derby which might yield a bit of the moral highground lost after the Slatter/Johnson incident referred to in the "worst tackle" thread.

BTW I personally feel the 3 game ban is lenient even though it seems the offence was deemed to have been committed recklessly rather than with an intent to cause the injury it did. IMO spear tackles, whatever the outcome, are worse because someone lifting the opponent above the horizontal from between the legs must surely know the potential damage could be far greater than say a broken jaw.'"

I watch you every time you're on Sky, I do think you over rely on Chase, I also think you're very weak on the right hand side, but hey, if we all thought the same, that'd be pretty boring wouldn't it.

I think most Fev fans are too young to remember the Slatter/Johnson incident. FWIW, it was far worse than the "Chase Elbow". Be under no doubt, I find foul play of any kind, by anybody abhorrent.

I assume you are referring to the almost spear tackle by Briggs. Live, I thought it was bad and that Briggs was lucky to get off with just a penalty. Having watched it back on Sky+ though, you can clearly see that upon realising that your man had gone beyond the horizontal, they put him back down safely and no harm was done.

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman948No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2018Nov 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
simpsons/PDT4.gif
:simpsons/PDT4.gif

Quote: TigersAllTheWay "I'm not sure that's going to be possible. I might be wrong but I think chase got a 3 match ban.
My bad.

Will you be enjoying watching Fev play Wigan now your bunch of losers have been dumped out of the Cup ?

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach168No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2013Feb 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
12317.jpg
:12317.jpg

Quote: vernon "My bad.

Will you be enjoying watching Fev play Wigan now your bunch of losers have been dumped out of the Cup ?'"

Blimey, I thought your earlier post made you look a fool and this just confirms it. You haven't got a clue have you but having said that what would we expect from a Whino.
Most Cas fans haven't got a problem with Fev, they won the game fair and square and we will wish them the best of luck against the cheating pies.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1595No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2017Jul 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
17238.jpg
:17238.jpg

Quote: Homer_J_Simpson "I watch you every time you're on Sky, I do think you over rely on Chase, I also think you're very weak on the right hand side, but hey, if we all thought the same, that'd be pretty boring wouldn't it.

I think most Fev fans are too young to remember the Slatter/Johnson incident. FWIW, it was far worse than the "Chase Elbow". Be under no doubt, I find foul play of any kind, by anybody abhorrent.

I assume you are referring to the almost spear tackle by Briggs. Live, I thought it was bad and that Briggs was lucky to get off with just a penalty. Having watched it back on Sky+ though, you can clearly see that upon realising that your man had gone beyond the horizontal, they put him back down safely and no harm was done.'"

Didn't make myself clear....the absurdity was the view that lacking Chase would be good for Cas. We dont just over-rely on Chase. Such is the dearth of attacking skill in our squad that we are totally dependant upon him to the extent that many (myself included) doubt our ability to score enough points to win any SL game without him.

As regards the Briggs incident I didn't actually classify it as a spear tackle because there was no downward force and to be honest the way our guy was lifted suggested to me that there was never an intention to apply any. So just a case of lifting beyond the horizontal and penalty sufficient.

BTW nice of you to take time out from slagging off Cas fans on the Wigan board to enlighten us.

RankPostsTeam
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2018Nov 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
simpsons/PDT4.gif

Quote: Big Man "Blimey, I thought your earlier post made you look a fool and this just confirms it. You haven't got a clue have you but having said that what would we expect from a Whino.
Most Cas fans haven't got a problem with Fev, they won the game fair and square and we will wish them the best of luck against the cheating pies.'"

Ahh of course - Wigan !

Another club you lot have a chip on your shoulder about icon_biggrin.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach970No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200619 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2016May 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
22722.gif
:22722.gif

Quote: vernon "Ahh of course - Wigan !

Another club you lot have a chip on your shoulder about
Oh bless ya c020.gif

And what is your reason to have suddenly become so obsessed with our forum?

RankPostsTeam
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2018Nov 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
simpsons/PDT4.gif

Quote: TigersAllTheWay "Oh bless ya
Believe it or not, and I actually quite like Cas ! Been to Wheldon Road many times - sometimes even when Leeds weren't playing.

There, I've admitted it !!

RankPostsTeam
International Star490No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2019Apr 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Quote: smoking monkey "

BTW nice of you to take time out from slagging off Cas fans on the Wigan board to enlighten us.'"

If you couldn't see the tongue planted firmly in cheek, then I apologise.

BTW I'm from Cas, but have lived in Ackworth since I was 10

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5846
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
icons39ad_files/4821-1859san_c-msnicons.jpg
Officially RLFAN's most Doe-eyed Happy Clapper. Big Steve wrote: The Internet has provided some wonderful creativity, opportunities and knowledge sharing but it has also given a worldwide forum for people you would leave a full pint behind in the pub to avoid having to listen to them. aboveusonlypie... If you don't bother to go to the game when you live in the locality then you are not really a fan and therefore your views are invalid. It's simple.:icons39ad_files/4821-1859san_c-msnicons.jpg

Would love to know what Cas fans would have thought the punishment should have been, had that miss timed challenge been commited by Mr Hock on Mr Chase.... I won't be back to read your replies.... Good luck in the cup..... next year... icon_smile.gif

I'm not bothered about Skeletor but thanks for asking. icon_thumb.gif

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman1958
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2016Feb 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
940.jpg
[b:2685cpta]Josh 1994-2003(a loving son & my best mate)[/b:2685cpta] AYE SALESMAN OF THE YEAR 2001-2012 For top quality printing try //www.bpsprint.co.uk //www.ayberspace.co.uk:940.jpg

Quote: Wigan Peer "Would love to know what Cas fans would have thought the punishment should have been, had that miss timed challenge been commited by Mr Hock on Mr Chase.... I won't be back to read your replies.... Good luck in the cup..... next year...
thanks for that....oh i forgot you wont be back to read the replies and we were just getting to know you icon_wave.gif

Delboy66(aye of the tigers fanzine) icon_biggrin.gif icon_biggrin.gif icon_biggrin.gif icon_biggrin.gif

160 posts in 12 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, pyeman , Hughies sister
160 posts in 12 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, pyeman , Hughies sister

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.30322265625:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Tonights match v HKR
Allypie
15m
Proposed rule changes 2025
MjM
17m