JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
64890_1669714931.jpg
Hear All, See All, Say Nowt. Eat All, Sup All, Pay Nowt. And if Tha ever does Owt for Nowt, Allus do it for Thissen.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_64890.jpg

Quote: Nat (Rugby_Aholic) "Nobody is against the club attempting to better the onfield performances against teams with more money. Its just some people see Dual Reg for what it has done time and time again; weaken the lower division team in order to develop the SL team's youngsters. Which, by the way, is exactly what it is designed to do.

Pinballwizard you say we aren't a big club any more and I agree with you. That also means that we aren't in a position to dictate terms to the parent club and it will end as all the others have done; either we play the players they want us to or the partnership ends and because we have no other option we will bow the pressure. Next off-season the half dozen players that turned down contracts elsewhere this off-season will bugger off and we will be left with exactly the substandard type of player that Harrison brought in and a few Hull KR fringe players that didn't make it in SL so stayed with us.

This is not a solution to anything, its a panic move that will leave us worse off. We might not be a big club any more, but in the 140 year history of our club this without doubt its lowest point. Halifax RLFC is Hull KR's reserve team. Dress it up anyway you want, bury your head in the sand and convince yourself that we will be different to every other dual reg. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. I would rather watch our own players fail to make the middle eight than this.'"

Nat, I was going to sit down and write my final post on the subject but after reading that I have no need to. You are absolutely spot on.

RankPostsTeam
International Star53No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 201411 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2023Oct 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Hudd-Shay "Nat, I was going to sit down and write my final post on the subject but after reading that I have no need to. You are absolutely spot on.'"

What if we make the middle 8 get into 5th place win the play off game and get promoted into SL without using any HKR players won't you be just a little bit peed off? #glasshalffull

RankPostsTeam
International Star4770
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
64890_1669714931.jpg
Hear All, See All, Say Nowt. Eat All, Sup All, Pay Nowt. And if Tha ever does Owt for Nowt, Allus do it for Thissen.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_64890.jpg

Read bishop fingers post on't HKR forum, sums it up. To quote King Lear, 'O, that way, madness lies'. Jubble Rooms, Sowerby Bridge. Daleside Santa's Progress 4.5 % Mmm!

RankPostsTeam
International Star4770
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
64890_1669714931.jpg

Quote: tp23faxfan "What if we make the middle 8 get into 5th place win the play off game and get promoted into SL without using any HKR players won't you be just a little bit peed off? #glasshalffull'"

Yes.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach5865No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2019Nov 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
10674.jpg
:10674.jpg

Quote: pinballwizzard "I think some fans are deluded about how big a club we are. We have been in the 2nd tier for 11 seasons and got nowhere near SL, we are pulling in less than 1500 fans (whilst doing as the fans wished, and not using DR) and don't have the financial clout to compete with 4 clubs in our division, let alone the 4 we would play against should we make the Mid-8.

Perhaps the club deciding to take us in to a DR agreement is more of a reality check of our circumstances, than a case of ignoring the fans.

If it worked out, and brought us success, would the fans whinge as much, supporting a winning team with DR players. Would they balls. We crave success. I don't see much difference in signing championship journeymen for a season and playing players we don't own. Our own player development path has hardly been a roaring success!'"

Well said we are suffering from the failure of last seasons team not getting 2nd spot, I have never liked Dual Registration and am not overjoyed we have joined up with Hull KR on a DR basis BUT we have no choice come on we cannot compete with teams on twice our budget and are full time lets get real.
This option I think is our only way of rebalancing things to give us a chance and only if we need one of their players which I think we will at some point in the season.
As long as we don't use players just for the sake of it and don't use them short term which is the part of DR I dislike, the DR system worked for Donny last year lets face it.
To those fans at other clubs yer we have had to swallow our pride but the circumstances have changed next year, 3 full time clubs and the chance to win promotion, if DR with Hull KR gives us a sniff at this count me in even if I would prefer us not to be a DR club, so what?

RankPostsTeam
International Star53No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 201411 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2023Oct 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Hudd-Shay "Yes.'"

Then reserve judgement until the season ends, A pint of anything you want awaits you at Whitehaven come join the new era at the mighty fax! Sometimes we have to go with the flow.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach465No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2015Oct 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Interesting views from different people If I was a Fax fan I would be worried how this agreement will effect the players you have because it basically says that they are not good enough for this league in your coaches eyes.
When it happened a Fev last season due to injuries we only used them as we didn't have good players to fill in maybe this is what you may do I don't know but one thing is you will only get players KR don't want as the season goes on and as people have said if you get that middle then you will get none regardless if you need help or not Anyway one thing I am 100% sure of is staying away won't help your club get down to the next forum and let the bod know your feelings and let them explain face to face why they have made this decision If Craig Poskitt make the money he has been tasked with you won't have a shortfall of money good luck what ever happens

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach3183No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200718 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2015Apr 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
32679_1386879506.jpg
NRC CHAMPIONS 2011 & 2013:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_32679.jpg

Quote: griff1998 "Hold on - didn't this thread start with Fax being able to pick who they wanted, not what Rovers wanted to send ?

Or was that just so much spin ? It will prob w like our deal with Wigan did...........they will give you a list of who`s available to you and you will pick from the list - it will be fringe players or ones coming back from injury who need game time.

RankPostsTeam
International Star4562
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Part quote."Interesting views from different people If I was a Fax fan I would be worried how this agreement will effect the players you have because it basically says that they are not good enough for this league in your coaches eyes."

I don't think it saying that at all regarding the current players if you are good enough or not will be plain to see by the on field performances as it has been in the past.
Regarding the current players so far RM has said that the bulk of them were already signed up prior to his appointment but the squad is mainly okay but a bit light in the second row especially if we get any injuries.

This link up simply makes it easier by providing a pre established first port of call to bring someone in from an established SL club if required and they have someone available.

The alternatives still remains the same if they don't, we would only have to look somewhere else where we would definitely be at the dictate of that club and have to pick up the tab or make do with what we have got which usually means playing people out of position as we had many times last year.

What I would like to know is who will be paying any HKR players wages if they pull on the blue and white, it would appear with this being called an opportunity to close the funding gap HKR would be, is this the case?

RankPostsTeam
International Star233No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 201410 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2016Apr 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Is there any chance the club could get summat on Fax TV just to give any supporters (especially those over the age of 50) a bit more re-assurance/clarification on this arrangement? An interview with Richard and 1 of the owners would be great.

I think the sooner the better as after Jan 1st we want to be concentrating on the players, the football and 100% results.

I would ask fans like Hudds Shay to be patient and let's see what happens. Not because we don't want a daily run down on beers from North Yorkshire but because we can't afford to many more Fook ups as a club and we need to be 100% behind the boys now.

If it goes pear shaped I'll be the first to hold my hand up. I've never met the guy but I truly believe that our new head coach is a man we can trust and take at face value.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member18789No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2023Mar 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2690.jpg
:2690.jpg

I can't take anyone's opinion seriously when they say this is the lowest point in the club's 140 year history. That is just an idiotic and overdramatic statement which devalues anything else they write on the subject.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach344No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2019Jun 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

This is a difficult one . I don't like the idea of dual reg when it is used by one team to get their players match fit or solely to give them some game time . But I do think there could be a place for it . How many times last season did Fax have second rows playing in the centres ? Casey , Robinson , Manning all had run outs there . There's only so many players we have in our squad ; if we get injuries , suspensions etc and we have the chance to bring in a recognised , natural centre if Hull KR have one available then I think it benefits both teams . I know there are concerns ; what happens if both teams end up playing one another in the second stage of the comp and there are other things I worry about . However lets see how it goes before condemning it .

RankPostsTeam
International Star4562
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: rickster "This is a difficult one . I don't like the idea of dual reg when it is used by one team to get their players match fit or solely to give them some game time . But I do think there could be a place for it . How many times last season did Fax have second rows playing in the centres ? Casey , Robinson , Manning all had run outs there . There's only so many players we have in our squad ; if we get injuries , suspensions etc and we have the chance to bring in a recognised , natural centre if Hull KR have one available then I think it benefits both teams . I know there are concerns ; what happens if both teams end up playing one another in the second stage of the comp and there are other things I worry about . However lets see how it goes before condemning it .'"

X 2. This basically how I have been thinking and posting.

Lets see what happens, if it turns out we are doing any of.

"the idea of dual reg when it is used by one team to get their players match fit or solely to give them some game time"

or things like this then the club surely knows the vast majority of Fax supporters will not stand for it.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member16601No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2024Nov 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
cartoons/WB181.gif
:cartoons/WB181.gif

You must do what you must do, its the this will be different rhetoric that amused me. Your owner will have done it for all the right reasons, but get ready for an overdose of banter second game - you gave us plenty

Have a great Christmas and stay with your team in its hour of need

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2077No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2018Jan 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Cant say I am happy about it and for me the Club is panicing a bit and thinking short term- much like the rest of the game! It Comes across to me that the Club has lost a lot of Money under the era of Karl Harrison as Coach and is looking to make savings on and off the field with the partnership. To be honest, I am not bothered about finishing in the top 4 as we are not ready to Play at that Level on or off the field. As Long as we give 100% Play decent Rugby and are competitive that for me is realistic. I dont see the Need to link with HKR to get DR Players as for us the top 4 is unrealistic in my opinion.

I am not sure why Jason Netherton Needs to come to Halifax " to increase Levels of participation in the area". For me, Hull KR know that the Halifax area with Clubs like Siddal and King Cross etc, produce Quality Youngsters and are using Fax and this partnership as a way to get them to sign for them and have a stronger academý they have had. I thought we had Luke Ambler and Frank Watene doing this, who for me both do a great Job. Why does Netherton Need to stick his nose in? A Joint scouting Network is defo more in HKRs intersts more than ours for me.

The board have to make tough decisions and some are unpopular like this one. We the fans may feel the Club has sold out, but maybe the board feel they cant Keep putting in as they have done and are looking at alternatives. For me I have no idea where the game is going and what the System and the game will be like in 5 years. I cant see how a Club like us can plan and go Forward with the way things are in the game. I get the Feeling the Club are fearing getting left behind but I cant see Fev or Leigh getting anywhere in the next 5 years neither despite this alleged better System.

The Club has shot itself in the foot so much in the past 12 months from Harrisons awful rugby to "Tony Abbott buying the Shay Fiasco". The Club looked like it had finally listened to the fans with the Richard Marshall and the excellent Shirts. But this decision is once again is one that goes against what the fans want and could see again more drift away slowly. The excellent work by fans raising Money for the u20s for me Comes again as a decision that will upset People ith the end of the U20s. Our Youngsters will just be HKR rejects and sent to Gateshead.

Maybe the board could explain in more Detail exactly why it felt it needed to go don this road because to me it Comes across as the Club have given up and cutting costs. DO we really Need to have this Partnership as for me HKR will get far more out of it than us

271 posts in 19 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin
271 posts in 19 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.3486328125:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Leigh it is
bazdev
13m
TV Games - Not Hull
bishops fing
42m