FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

FORUMS > Halifax Panthers > Today's game on radio ?.
95 posts in 7 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member1222
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jan 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
3253_1358445319.jpg
Officeboy. Saying the opposite of everyone else just to get attention since 2002.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_3253.jpg

Quote: adam "you lot on here really get my goat. . it seems that none of you bothered to go today but you all have an opinion!!! We had 6 tries disallowed. .5 for "held up" over the line, Rob had one for offside.

Yes we werent good but I at least was there. . it was cold wet and a poor game. . Skolars defended well on a small pitch. . we tried to play down the middle too much. . .the linesman disallowed a try for held up from 30 yards away when the referee was no more than a yard from the action. .the same touch judge disallowed another try for offside but gave Skolars a try on the sixth tackle after they has dropped the ball forward.

Not our best display but we won. . . Featherstone didnt!!!

Ive said it before you lot on here must never go to a game, just sit in your bedrooms moaning about games and no radio coverage and teams you never see.

To be a real moaner you ought at least go to an ocassional match'"

eusa_clap.gif

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member8194No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2015Apr 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
3245_1309285420.jpg
FAILURE ISN'T ABOUT FALLING DOWN, FAILURE IS STAYING DOWN..........:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_3245.jpg

I don't see anyone moaning about the 83mins playing time. How much difference a week makes when your desperate for a win.....

RankPostsTeam
International Star1649No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2014May 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Black Backgrounds/Fozzie%20Bear.gif
:Black Backgrounds/Fozzie%20Bear.gif

Quote: SueP "thought it was one of the Skolars players on report
it was penky that the ref put on report. he came 3rd man into a tackle, grappled the skolars player to the ground, and the game continued. i noticed their winger complaining to the touch judge pointing to his face, and the next break in play it went on report. looked nothing from the stands, we will see.

on a brighter note the following from fax was awesome!!!!

- would say over 350!

"We were lucky" is an understatement!

it was a game we never looked like controling, the weather was a massive leveller, and fax leaving their legs on the coach was a major factor.

not to take anything away from london though, their defence was supurb, a very commitied team with a couple of huge strong props, they will win afew this year for sure.

loads of knock ons made for a stop start afair, Fax had two tries dissallowed (both clearly tries) and must have been held up over the line 4 times (great defence!)

as for fax, get out of jail card played! i would not like to be a fax player in training this week!!!!!

London Skolars - a lovely little club that i hope to do really well! eusa_clap.gif

as for Fax , we won, we're in the quarters,

this is a new team that put a massive amount in vs Fev and just lost....the fev game will surley have taken alot from the boys.

anyone who went to london would have seen a frustrating game more than anything, one we could/should have won by alot more - be it referee decisions//london playing as well as they are likely to do for a while.

the fact is the boys came up with the goods when we needed it. fair play to them.

onwards and upwards.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach5865No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2019Nov 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
10674.jpg
:10674.jpg

Had a good weekend down in the 'smoke' and recommend the excellent Grand Central train service.
As for the match well it was a freezing cold and wet day with a strong wind blowing down the pitch so not the best day for a game of RL (same for both sides I know), there was a small crowd and mostly Fax fans with very little to get the blood flowing through the veins, so very little atmosphere and yes the lads played badly, very badly.
London Skolars played very well and are not the easy beats they were although we did as others have said have two good tries disallowed which would have given us the lead and probably taken the wind out of their sails, but they had the lead most of the match and in the conditions defended it well.
We only looked like winning the game in the last ten minutes when we did turn the screw to be fair and went to the hooter so good on them its a win.
As for the Skolars yer a decent little club but it is shocking to see so few people at their games, less this time than the last two occassions I was there, sadly it aint bringing in the fans.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member2532No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200322 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2019Oct 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Fax4Life "Had a good weekend down in the 'smoke' and recommend the excellent Grand Central train service.
As for the match well it was a freezing cold and wet day with a strong wind blowing down the pitch so not the best day for a game of RL (same for both sides I know), there was a small crowd and mostly Fax fans with very little to get the blood flowing through the veins, so very little atmosphere and yes the lads played badly, very badly.
London Skolars played very well and are not the easy beats they were although we did as others have said have two good tries disallowed which would have given us the lead and probably taken the wind out of their sails, but they had the lead most of the match and in the conditions defended it well.
We only looked like winning the game in the last ten minutes when we did turn the screw to be fair and went to the hooter so good on them its a win.
As for the Skolars yer a decent little club but it is shocking to see so few people at their games, less this time than the last two occassions I was there, sadly it aint bringing in the fans.'"

i was ok with the comments until the last bit. look at the crowd number and then the others game played and I think we got the 5 biggest of the day better than some Championship teams at home. Also not far off several others above us including a cumbrian derby. Given the weather was so bad the crowd was pretty good.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach5865No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2019Nov 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
10674.jpg

Quote: Elite Skolar "i was ok with the comments until the last bit. look at the crowd number and then the others game played and I think we got the 5 biggest of the day better than some Championship teams at home. Also not far off several others above us including a cumbrian derby. Given the weather was so bad the crowd was pretty good.'"

Its the same old story I am afraid the Skolars probably count all tickets issued whether those who get them turn up or not as the RFL allow you to do, its a stupid rule to inflate crowds you aint the only ones that do it, why not only count those who attend games like sports clubs always did for over 100 years? I know why cos the crwods would be cr%p thats why.
Do you really believe there was that many there? Really be honest take those rose tinted RFL type specs off?
Come on I walked into the back of the stand at kick off and saw about 350 fans at a best and realistic guess absolute tops. The reason I say this is because you must agree that three quarters of the crowd were Fax fans and I know there was a coach from Halifax plus people like me and my party down for the weekend plus a few southern Fax fans so 200 to 250 Halifax fans at best plus the few Skolars fans of around 100?

No way was there that 'official' crowd, anybody got any crowd photos to prove my point??

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach3356No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2014Apr 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
12445.jpg
:12445.jpg

Quote: Fax4Life "Its the same old story I am afraid the Skolars probably count all tickets issued whether those who get them turn up or not as the RFL allow you to do, its a stupid rule to inflate crowds you aint the only ones that do it, why not only count those who attend games like sports clubs always did for over 100 years? I know why cos the crwods would be cr%p thats why.
Do you really believe there was that many there? Really be honest take those rose tinted RFL type specs off?
Come on I walked into the back of the stand at kick off and saw about 350 fans at a best and realistic guess absolute tops. The reason I say this is because you must agree that three quarters of the crowd were Fax fans and I know there was a coach from Halifax plus people like me and my party down for the weekend plus a few southern Fax fans so 200 to 250 Halifax fans at best plus the few Skolars fans of around 100?

No way was there that 'official' crowd, anybody got any crowd photos to prove my point??'"

Why does it matter?

RankPostsTeam
International Star1649No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2014May 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Black Backgrounds/Fozzie%20Bear.gif
:Black Backgrounds/Fozzie%20Bear.gif

Quote: Fax4Life "Its the same old story I am afraid the Skolars probably count all tickets issued whether those who get them turn up or not as the RFL allow you to do, its a stupid rule to inflate crowds you aint the only ones that do it, why not only count those who attend games like sports clubs always did for over 100 years? I know why cos the crwods would be cr%p thats why.

No way was there that 'official' crowd, anybody got any crowd photos to prove my point??'"

I agree

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach5865No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2019Nov 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
10674.jpg

Quote: a.n Other "Why does it matter?'"

It matters because people like him use the 'crowd' figures to say how good their club is by the fact they think they have support that has been inflated in other words like he said we are bigger and better than X club because we had a bigger crowd.
It distorts the truth, yet the RFL live in this world of fiction and encourage it to say how healthy the game is as we get crowds of X yet in the 'old' days and mostly in football the crowd figure is the number of people who come through the turnstiles.
Lots of RL attendances aint the truth thats what annoys me its a pack of lies really.
Its like the big games the crowd is made up of cheap tickets and BOGOF offers etc... which is good marketing in a way but its sad to see that its the only way they can get a decent crowd. I went to see England v Australia at Elland Road only after my mate got a £10 ticket after he got a ticket for the Wembley game which included a free shirt for £30 or £35. This is the biggest international game in the sport for goodness sake.
Its buying crowds!

RankPostsTeam
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200322 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2019Oct 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Fax4Life "It matters because people like him use the 'crowd' figures to say how good their club is by the fact they think they have support that has been inflated in other words like he said we are bigger and better than X club because we had a bigger crowd.
It distorts the truth, yet the RFL live in this world of fiction and encourage it to say how healthy the game is as we get crowds of X yet in the 'old' days and mostly in football the crowd figure is the number of people who come through the turnstiles.
Lots of RL attendances aint the truth thats what annoys me its a pack of lies really.
Its like the big games the crowd is made up of cheap tickets and BOGOF offers etc... which is good marketing in a way but its sad to see that its the only way they can get a decent crowd. I went to see England v Australia at Elland Road only after my mate got a £10 ticket after he got a ticket for the Wembley game which included a free shirt for £30 or £35. This is the biggest international game in the sport for goodness sake.
Its buying crowds!'"

you are wrong mate. thats all i need to say. the stand holds 1250 and room for 100 at the front. The stand was about half full. End off

RankPostsTeam
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200322 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2019Oct 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

oh and it wasnt mostly fax fans either. however the fax support was a lot and it was quality. there are some great people involved at your club.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member4064
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Dec 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2940_1318161088.gif
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_2940.gif

Quote: Fax4Life "It matters because people like him use the 'crowd' figures to say how good their club is by the fact they think they have support that has been inflated in other words like he said we are bigger and better than X club because we had a bigger crowd.
Its buying crowds!'"

I agree 100%. I am continually arguing this point with a mate at work who is a Bulls supporter. They sell about 10,000 Season Tickets at about £60 each (the cost of 3 games which is an offer you can't refuse) and the RFL allow them to include these in every gate which means that every match looks like they are fighting to get into the ground. The reality, however, is a different matter.

The worrying thing is that the supporters start to believe their own spin which is unbelievable.

The problem with selling ST's so cheaply is that supporters are not so reluctant to miss games as they are when they have paid £200.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach5865No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2019Nov 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
10674.jpg

Quote: Elite Skolar "you are wrong mate. thats all i need to say. the stand holds 1250 and room for 100 at the front. The stand was about half full. End off'"

So if I am wrong Halifax took over 400 fans down to London for a NRC group game in early March then??? Wow we have better support than I thought according to you.
I know I am right actually as you are talking a load of rubbish the stand was about 1/4 full at best, because of the rain nobody used the front rows right back to 2/3 of the way back and nobody sat at the side bits.
Spin, spin, spin like Kylie says you can keep spinning around but the fact is that crowd was never 600+

RankPostsTeam
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200322 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2019Oct 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

what ever

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach5865No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2019Nov 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
10674.jpg

Quote: Elite Skolar "what ever'"

And no surprise no recognition of the truth just the usual yer whatever, like some teenager.
I am used to this, like I said the RFL have made people like you believe in ANYTHING.
More fool you.
Anyway good luck for the rest of the season you have a decent team there if they can keep that work rate going all season you should be nearer the top than bottom.

95 posts in 7 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
95 posts in 7 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.83251953125:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Film game
karetaker
0m
BORED The Band Name Game
Wanderer
2m