FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

FORUMS > Halifax Panthers > Where is the Club going?
53 posts in 5 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2572No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2017Nov 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Greg Florimos Boots "How did that work out for Sheffield?

Anyone know where to find about 25 full time players better than the best part time players in this league?'"

Going fulltime guarentees nothing i agree,but we won't get in super league as a part-time team that is guarenteed.

RankPostsTeam
International Star309No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 201311 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2024May 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Faxhali "This is what's being asked. Where or what has improved infrastructure wise then ?. We have a reserve team that hardly plays ( not the clubs fault). We loan players out en mass to get game time. We have a big screen which is pretty poorly used. We now have a radio commentary on away games. ( I appreciate I get to listed but it's always a last choice due to the quality of the commentary, I used radio Manchester yesterday, the guy doesn't tell you what going on ). We have faxtvpro which isn't pro. If there is loads going on, I would love to know about it. In my opinion we have stayed exactly where we were last year, on and off the pitch. On the pitch that's not a bad thing considering others have improved.'"

I still think we have improved off the field. Agree room for improvement. We are third in a tough competitive league. We come against the best side in comp. We had a bad day and they had a good day. We beat Bradford away at Odsal. Its not all doom and gloom is it icon_rolleyes.gif . Some of the signings could have been better is my only criticism. Overall happy with progress we are making. Still think we have a top coach in RM who will take us in right direction.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain273No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 20168 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Just for clarity if the Club intend to stay Part time as the BOD decide we can't afford full time, or its to big a risk then that is a Stratergy which will keep us on the edge of middle eights each year. What I want is an open and honest explanation of the plans.

I would also like to know how solid the financial foundations are, by my calculation we are dependent upon past and present directors not calling in debt, but I can't be sure of that as no one tell us anything.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain273No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 20168 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

As a side point our last published accounts at 30-12-14 showed negative shareholder funds of £365k, with £20k in the bank. Has that improved at 30-12-15....to improve our foundations!!

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2572No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2017Nov 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

only an assumption and we'll probably never know but this years funding of 800k compared to the usual 150k was massive and doesn't seem to have filtered into the team.I would suspect a lot of it was used to write off historic debt.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2572No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2017Nov 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Dbvada "As a side point our last published accounts at 30-12-14 showed negative shareholder funds of £365k, with £20k in the bank. Has that improved at 30-12-15....to improve our foundations!!'"

Wont tell us anything as the 800k funding didn't start until feb 16.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain533No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 20159 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2018Mar 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Ben Johnsone had a good solid game today in the circumstances, good speed, line breaker, build your team round the likes of him and you wont go far wrong imo

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2572No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2017Nov 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Leythersteve "Ben Johnsone had a good solid game today in the circumstances, good speed, line breaker, build your team round the likes of him and you wont go far wrong imo'"

First try was worth the admission alone...nearly

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2415
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
27802_1294412072.gif
Oh hali hali hali hali halifax:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_27802.gif

Where can any championship club go? With the SL tail wagging the dog they will look after themselves for sure and systems will be put in place that look to offer promotion but scratch beneath the surface and they don't.

Most of the current problems hark back to licencing and the sham that that was - as our last application showed!

Licencing saw the SL clubs get nigh on ten years of funding at £1.8 Million a year whereas the championship clubs were left to rot with no plan or strategy for their development and £30K a year for ten years. Now these championship clubs are expected to step up and compete with around £18 million of funding on £300K over the ten years. Quite frankly if a SL club does get relegated it will deserve it but God help the championship club being promoted.

It's funny, but you didn't hear any Bulls, or other SL club fans, fighting the corner of the championship clubs when they got their free money during licencing. Now Bulls are with us plebs and Leeds and Huddesfield are having to lower themselves to our level it becomes a problem. The past ten years ensure Leeds and Huddersfield won't have anything to worry about.

We are where we are cos we ended up outside SL at the wrong time. And for mine, the BOD deserve some credit - we have the best part time side in the competition, a fine coach and opportunities for juniors and fringe players that even SL cubs don't offer. The club is growing in my opinion and feels like it is coming alive.

We are miles off super league, as are the rest of the championship, but how would any club fare if promoted? The systems and state of the game over the last ten years have pretty much dictated the future for championship clubs. Halifax are trying their best and making good progress but will they get any recognition and plaudits? Doubt it. Just patronising platitudes and our best young assets stripped

RankPostsTeam
International Star4766
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
64890_1669714931.jpg
Hear All, See All, Say Nowt. Eat All, Sup All, Pay Nowt. And if Tha ever does Owt for Nowt, Allus do it for Thissen.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_64890.jpg

Quote: freddies wig "Where can any championship club go? With the SL tail wagging the dog they will look after themselves for sure and systems will be put in place that look to offer promotion but scratch beneath the surface and they don't.

Most of the current problems hark back to licencing and the sham that that was - as our last application showed!

Licencing saw the SL clubs get nigh on ten years of funding at £1.8 Million a year whereas the championship clubs were left to rot with no plan or strategy for their development and £30K a year for ten years. Now these championship clubs are expected to step up and compete with around £18 million of funding on £300K over the ten years. Quite frankly if a SL club does get relegated it will deserve it but God help the championship club being promoted.

It's funny, but you didn't hear any Bulls, or other SL club fans, fighting the corner of the championship clubs when they got their free money during licencing. Now Bulls are with us plebs and Leeds and Huddesfield are having to lower themselves to our level it becomes a problem. The past ten years ensure Leeds and Huddersfield won't have anything to worry about.

We are where we are cos we ended up outside SL at the wrong time. And for mine, the BOD deserve some credit - we have the best part time side in the competition, a fine coach and opportunities for juniors and fringe players that even SL cubs don't offer. The club is growing in my opinion and feels like it is coming alive.

We are miles off super league, as are the rest of the championship, but how would any club fare if promoted? The systems and state of the game over the last ten years have pretty much dictated the future for championship clubs. Halifax are trying their best and making good progress but will they get any recognition and plaudits? Doubt it. Just patronising platitudes and our best young assets stripped'"

Absolutely spot on, as are the rest of the comments on this thread. I couldn't agree more.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member11989
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2020Mar 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: chazzerboy "I still think we have improved off the field. Agree room for improvement. We are third in a tough competitive league. We come against the best side in comp. We had a bad day and they had a good day. We beat Bradford away at Odsal. Its not all doom and gloom is it

Without wishing to simplify things, it could really be much as you say. Our 'best team in the comp.' struggled for much of this season's game at yours, and got an absolute tatering there in the 8's last season. Hopefully, your BOD is working to build solid foundations, so you can progress from there. We are fortunate enough to have a generous benefactor, who is a passionate Leigh fan, but if he wasn't there...................................?

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach9502
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
13050.gif
[b:112mouem][color=#0000FF:112mouem][size=100:112mouem] "Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."― Albert Einstein[/size:112mouem] [/color:112mouem][/b:112mouem] [b:112mouem][color=#0000FF:112mouem][size=100:112mouem] "Everybody gets so much information all day long that they lose their common sense." ― Gertrude Stein[/size:112mouem][/color:112mouem][/b:112mouem] [b:112mouem][color=#0000FF:112mouem][size=100:112mouem] "Don't believe everything you read on the internet" ― Abraham Lincoln [/size:112mouem][/color:112mouem][/b:112mouem]:13050.gif

Quote: freddies wig "Where can any championship club go? With the SL tail wagging the dog they will look after themselves for sure and systems will be put in place that look to offer promotion but scratch beneath the surface and they don't.

We are miles off super league, as are the rest of the championship, but how would any club fare if promoted? The systems and state of the game over the last ten years have pretty much dictated the future for championship clubs. Halifax are trying their best and making good progress but will they get any recognition and plaudits? Doubt it. Just patronising platitudes and our best young assets stripped'"

eusa_clap.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2415
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
27802_1294412072.gif
Oh hali hali hali hali halifax:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_27802.gif

Would be nice to know what's happened to Mr Abbott though......

As an aside. Imagine the commercial department trying to sell sponsorship deals:...

Sponsor "So, does the championship have a tv deal?"

Club "yes, with sky sports, one of europe's premium sports channels"

Sponsor "and how often are you on?"

Club "once guaranteed if the summer bash stays in the calendar"

Sponsor "and if the summer bash is no more?"

Club "we won't be on tv but we will have a tv deal on sky sports"

Sponsor "any other chances to be on to?"

Club "if we make the middle 8s but not if two super league teams are playing at the same time. Or if the bowls is on"

Sponsor "see ya"

Not easy eh? Big Nige continues to do a job on us!

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach9502
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
13050.gif
[b:112mouem][color=#0000FF:112mouem][size=100:112mouem] "Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."― Albert Einstein[/size:112mouem] [/color:112mouem][/b:112mouem] [b:112mouem][color=#0000FF:112mouem][size=100:112mouem] "Everybody gets so much information all day long that they lose their common sense." ― Gertrude Stein[/size:112mouem][/color:112mouem][/b:112mouem] [b:112mouem][color=#0000FF:112mouem][size=100:112mouem] "Don't believe everything you read on the internet" ― Abraham Lincoln [/size:112mouem][/color:112mouem][/b:112mouem]:13050.gif

As has been mentioned and as I have talked about with friends, I too think Marshall's signings this season have been average at best. However we are 3rd in the championship with 2 games to go and although we would have liked to be in that position for certain if we had been offered it before the season we would have taken it especially when some fans of other teams were tipping us to be a 1 season wonder and finish 7th or below. He is still pretty young in the head coach role and he is smart enough to learn from this season.

At some point we would have to go full time but as Bradford are finding out and Sheffield most certainly found out, there simply is not enough quality full time players out there to even think about competing for SL. I actually fear for us if we make the top 4 but can see why it is a must we do. For me though there will be some massive scores in the 8's this time as the gulf in class is even bigger than last year.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach9502
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
13050.gif

Quote: freddies wig "Would be nice to know what's happened to Mr Abbott though......

As an aside. Imagine the commercial department trying to sell sponsorship deals

It would be nice to attract a potential sponsor that would ask some of those questions but lets be realistic.

53 posts in 5 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
53 posts in 5 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.15625:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Film game
karetaker
7m
Rumours thread
Kettykat
9m