FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

FORUMS > Halifax Panthers > Hmm..... conspiracy theory re-opened anyone?
128 posts in 10 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member18789No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2023Mar 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2690.jpg
:2690.jpg

Jesus wept. When will they learn?

rlhttp://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_league/super_league/castleford/8885495.stmrl

Yet more stadium waffle. It's embarrassing. They should be kicked out for even going to press with this one, especially on the back of today's RFL bombshell.

It's desperate and it's full of holes. Pack it in Chairmen ...............please !!!!

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4914
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2024Aug 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Others/grunt.gif
been around here long time, thought would start posting...........:Others/grunt.gif

quote...It's a great location with great links and we've developed this project for the last five years.

pity they not built it like promised on the last round of franchises

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach5865No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2019Nov 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
10674.jpg
:10674.jpg

Quote: SRC "Apparently, after the furore over the article in the League Express a few months ago regarding Toulouse's chances of a Super League license, the RFL, very quietly, amended the Operational Rules. The amendment applied to section A1LICENSING AND CRITERIA FOR A SUPER LEAGUE LICENCE

A1any overseas clubs invited to apply by the Board.
Those Clubs being offered and accepting a Super League Licence for 3 years shall
participate in Super League – for the avoidance of doubt, all Clubs offered a Licence
shall be obliged to re-apply for a further 3 year Licence at the end of each 3 year
Licence period. Those either not being offered a place or not accepting a place offered
shall The Board shall have discretion to set criteria for membership of Super League and
discretion to assess Clubs against set criteria and determine membership of Super
League from 2009.

c) At least one Club that has competed in the Championships during the Licence Period
2009 – 2011 and that meets minimum standards set by the Board will be granted a
Super League Licence for 2012 – 2014.

d) For the purposes of A1

So there you have it. Toulouse can be invited by the RFL to apply for a Super League license and don't have to meet the criteria that all other clubs have to. If any other overseas club 'invited' to apply fails, then they will be offered a place in one of the Championships.

Read it for yourself ...
What a bunch of Dictators, its fascism and communism combined at the RFL.
Whats that saying on that naff programme Big Brother 'You decide?' - well the RFL hierarchy do decide, just what they want.

What other sport would ever settle for rules like this?
So basically they can change the rules as and when they please to suit who THEY WANT in RL in England???
What a joke, they can pick who they want in SL and who they want in the Championship and more importantly where they want them.
How about rewarding hard work and dedication with good management?
Er no, not the RFL as long as you are not from the North of England you are welcome. The same North of England where the game of RL was founded or have they forgotten we were once the Northern Union???
Like others on here I only support my club now = Fax and I no longer support the game of RL, its run by a bunch of crooks imo.

If Fax go then so do I, stuff RL.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member9009No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2014Oct 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
3481.jpg
:3481.jpg

Quote: littlerich "Jesus wept. When will they learn?

rlhttp://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_league/super_league/castleford/8885495.stmrl

Yet more stadium waffle. It's embarrassing. They should be kicked out for even going to press with this one, especially on the back of today's RFL bombshell.

It's desperate and it's full of holes. Pack it in Chairmen ...............please !!!!'"

it is understandable why they are doing it though. They have to blow their own trumpets and big themselves up and why not? Everyone is saying either Cas, Wakey, Salford for the chop because of stadium issues etc.. Yet nobody has rationally said, hold on Saints are in same boat, Bradford is a hole (literally) and are in freefall on and off the field how about them? So surely those charimen have to push their club and put them into a good light as these other clubs that have just as bad facilities as these clubs are allowed to stroll through the next round of franchises..

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1523No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 201015 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2012Sep 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
50493_1272707853.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_50493.jpg

Quote: littlerich "Jesus wept. When will they learn?

It's desperate and it's full of holes. Pack it in Chairmen ...............please !!!!'"

Smoke & mirrors

RankPostsTeam
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2023Mar 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2690.jpg

Quote: urbancarrot "it is understandable why they are doing it though. They have to blow their own trumpets and big themselves up and why not? Everyone is saying either Cas, Wakey, Salford for the chop because of stadium issues etc.. Yet nobody has rationally said, hold on Saints are in same boat, Bradford is a hole (literally) and are in freefall on and off the field how about them? So surely those charimen have to push their club and put them into a good light as these other clubs that have just as bad facilities as these clubs are allowed to stroll through the next round of franchises..'"

Maybe. I'm just sick of all the crap. I'm sick of pictures like this.

icon_beat.gif

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach5865No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2019Nov 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
10674.jpg
:10674.jpg

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach8679
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
14002_1637716780.jpg
"I know you've had a bad day, but there's no need to take it out on me":d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_14002.jpg

Quote: Nat (Rugby_Aholic) "Thats the thing. This season I have been watching Halifax but the games just aren't the same anymore. A good win is great, for an hour or so afterwards. I am not sure that I could enjoy three more seasons of friendlies.'"

WELL SAID NAT, apart from the CUP games, we go watching friendlies, and NOW the RFL expect a minimum average attendance of 2500 (for friendlies) !!!
Only (ex World Club Champions) Widnes have done this in the past 2 seasons.

RankPostsTeam
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2023Mar 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2690.jpg

If that's how Nat feels - i pity him. I still LOVE the matches. I loved the Widnes match. Tension, losing 12-0, the fight back, the second half mullering, the biff !!!

We have a wonderfully entertaining team. If you'd rather watch the stars - go to Odsal. Take a brolly.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2548No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2014May 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Black Backgrounds/Zoot.gif
Halifax RLFC grand final winners 2010.:Black Backgrounds/Zoot.gif

Quote: Fax4Life "Word on the street is its Wakey OUT and Widnes IN.
This is going to look a bit daft if Wakey finish mid table in SL and Widnes finish outside the Play Offs in the Championship isn't it???
Yer okay Widnes fans you appear to tick all the boxes but so do Wakey apart from one

If Toulouse dont get in this time, they will be a shoe in next time, along with the team that is coming down this time. infact thinking about it we may have more competition to get up next time than we do this time, might still be a long time out in the cold yet

RankPostsTeam
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2014Oct 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
3481.jpg

Quote: littlerich "Maybe. I'm just sick of all the crap. I'm sick of pictures like this.

Agreed... But on the same foot i am sick of people bagging Cas and Wakey (And I would like to state now I care nothing for either team) and not these other teams that have a more successful first team yet off the field are riddled with debts, tumbling crowds and play in sheds with hay bails to sit on.

I have so lost interest in who gets a franchise on what basis because to me as an average fan the whole lot is a fiddle. The RFL WILL choose who they want in regardless of if you have ticked a box, circle or claiming asylum they will put in who they want. The whole thing is so sly it just over shadows the sport in general.

I will always support Fax but I feel our days in the big league are gone, we have missed the boat a few years back before relegation in 2003. It feels sad to admit that but I guess that is the way of "pro **cough** sport"

RankPostsTeam
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2023Mar 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2690.jpg

Quote: urbancarrot "I will always support Fax but I feel our days in the big league are gone, we have missed the boat a few years back before relegation in 2003. It feels sad to admit that but I guess that is the way of "pro **cough** sport"'"

Absolutely not. Money drives this game. Should Halifax ever get a backer again then it would definately be back on the cards - in spite of our close location to Hudds/Brad/Leeds.

Look at what O'Connor has done at Widnes. He's not even started on his piggy bank yet, let alone the millions stashed in his bank. The RFL know it and they're waving him through to the finish line.

Money.

That's all it takes.

RankPostsTeam
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2014Oct 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
3481.jpg

Quote: littlerich "Absolutely not. Money drives this game. Should Halifax ever get a backer again then it would definately be back on the cards - in spite of our close location to Hudds/Brad/Leeds.

Look at what O'Connor has done at Widnes. He's not even started on his piggy bank yet, let alone the millions stashed in his bank. The RFL know it and they're waving him through to the finish line.

Money.

That's all it takes.'"

Well yes obviously. Although we don't have a great track record with money men now do we! haha.

Seriously though if that happened then yes we would be back with a shout but until then... How long is a piece of string...

And yes O'Connor worked is magic... a team struggling to make the play offs in the second tier of Euro rugby league....

[sizeYes I am being sarcastic...[/size

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member2431No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200322 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2014Feb 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: urbancarrot "it is understandable why they are doing it though. They have to blow their own trumpets and big themselves up and why not? Everyone is saying either Cas, Wakey, Salford for the chop because of stadium issues etc.. Yet nobody has rationally said, hold on Saints are in same boat, Bradford is a hole (literally) and are in freefall on and off the field how about them? So surely those charimen have to push their club and put them into a good light as these other clubs that have just as bad facilities as these clubs are allowed to stroll through the next round of franchises..'"

To be fair Saints have it under control and work has clearly started on their site as far as i'm aware. You raise a good point about Bradford though. In this round of franchises they haven't actually picked up a 'adding to the competition' point because they're now cr@p. With crowds at a low and only decreasing, and rubbish ground, what exactly do they offer that Halifax don't. People will be like 'they've won a number of SL titles and Challenge cups, don't be daft' but in THIS licensing period, they're nothing, and that's what it's being judged on, the last 2/3 years no?

There's more flaws in this chuffing process than the Empire State Building.

Plus i know there's the adement fan that 'will go no matter what' but come on, as of March, what are we watching? Really? for £14 i'm not watching teams play for nothing. At least this year there's that not knowing who's in, still trying to rack up license points scenario making it slightly interesting.

When it comes to Pro Rugby League im not sure what im supposed to be watching anymore. For 5 years we've had this minimum requirements for SL, quota cap business etc all to make 'something' stronger but I'm still watching Leeds and Saints in the Grand final and us getting smashed by the Aussies. below the top 4 in Super League, baring the occasional team, has anything really changed that much other than there's a lot less to play for and a Welsh team occasionally getting good crowds depending on how much they can be d promoting a certain game? Welsh don't and never will embrace Rugby League. Get over it. Plus have attendances really changed that much? Sure some things have improved but are we really believing it's all because of this licensing process.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2548No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2014May 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Black Backgrounds/Zoot.gif
Halifax RLFC grand final winners 2010.:Black Backgrounds/Zoot.gif

Quote: tommy "To be fair Saints have it under control and work has clearly started on their site as far as i'm aware. You raise a good point about Bradford though. In this round of franchises they haven't actually picked up a 'adding to the competition' point because they're now cr@p. With crowds at a low and only decreasing, and rubbish ground, what exactly do they offer that Halifax don't. People will be like 'they've won a number of SL titles and Challenge cups, don't be daft' but in THIS licensing period, they're nothing, and that's what it's being judged on, the last 2/3 years no?

There's more flaws in this chuffing process than the Empire State Building.

Plus i know there's the adement fan that 'will go no matter what' but come on, as of March, what are we watching? Really? for £14 i'm not watching teams play for nothing. At least this year there's that not knowing who's in, still trying to rack up license points scenario making it slightly interesting.

When it comes to Pro Rugby League im not sure what im supposed to be watching anymore. For 5 years we've had this minimum requirements for SL, quota cap business etc all to make 'something' stronger but I'm still watching Leeds and Saints in the Grand final and us getting smashed by the Aussies. below the top 4 in Super League, baring the occasional team, has anything really changed that much other than there's a lot less to play for? Plus have attendances really changed that much? Sure some things have improved but are we really believing it's all because of this licensing process.'"

Yo ask what Bradford have, i will tell you what Bradford have.

There called Bradford Bulls thats all they need, the same case will go for the likes of Wigan, Leeds, Saints, etc. although all of them will have a stadium fit for it by the start of the next franchise

128 posts in 10 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
128 posts in 10 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

4.88525390625:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Wigan v Sts discussion - THIS THREAD ONLY PLEASE
apollosghost
9m
Le Cats at home - Los Alomos Custers Last Stand
boardwalkemp
13m
Recruitment rumours and links
karetaker
16m
Film game
karetaker
20m
Staying or Not
batleyrhino
25m
Who do we want in the play-offs
Douglas Blac
Recent
Round 27 HKR Away
Seth
Recent
Game - Song Titles
Boss Hog
Recent
Tom Johnstone
phe13
Recent
BORED The Band Name Game
Boss Hog
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
Round 27 HKR Away
Seth
19s
Staying or Not
batleyrhino
21s
Squads - Leopards v Saints
Deeeekos
25s
TV Games - Not Hull
Jake the Peg
33s
Rumours and signings v9
moto748
33s
Rumours thread
PopTart
33s
Wigan v Sts discussion - THIS THREAD ONLY PLEASE
apollosghost
37s
Betting 2024
Moe syslak
39s
Other Championship Clubs
AgbriggAmble
39s
Tom Johnstone
phe13
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
Season 2024
leeds owl
TODAY
Hull KR Secure Second With Victory Over Leeds
RLFANS News
TODAY
Tonights match v London
just_browny
TODAY
Wembley photo
AgbriggAmble
TODAY
Wigan Seal League Leaders Trophy By Thrashing Salford
RLFANS News
TODAY
Barrow
PopTart
TODAY
Holly Spurr Interview
JamieRobinso
TODAY
Wolves again
BigTime
TODAY
Academy Players Promoted to First Team Squad
Simba16
TODAY
Squads - Leopards v Saints
Deeeekos
TODAY
Round 27 HKR Away
Seth
TODAY
Squad for London
MorePlaymake
TODAY
Hull FC preview
Hessle Roade
TODAY
Halifax A
dddooommm
TODAY
East stand
PopTart
TODAY
Locations of League
Wollo-Wollo-
TODAY
Matt Parcell to leave at seasons end
Huddersfield
TODAY
Huddersfiels to get new stadium
RobRiches
TODAY
IMG
Fantastic Mr
TODAY
Leaving players
Murphy
TODAY
bulls on Sunday
Listenup94
TODAY
Concerts at Stadiums
Fantastic Mr
TODAY
Finn out Murrell in
faxcar
TODAY
Playoff Semi Final
MattyB
NEWS ITEMS
VIEWS
Hull KR Secure Second With Vic..
Wigan Seal League Leaders Trop..
Wakefield Trinity Sweep Aside ..
Catalans Keep Season Alive Wit..
Salford Ensure Play-Offs And S..
Ruthless Wigan Thrash the Rhin..
Huddersfield Giants Hold Off L..
Salford Close In On The Play O..
Leigh Leopards Up To Fourth Af..
Leeds Rhinos Into the Six Afte..
Wigan Warriors Defeat Hull KR ..
Wane Names Provisional Squad f..
Leeds Rhinos Ride Their Luck F..
Wigan Warriors Level Top As Ca..
Castleford Tigers Inflict Anot..
POSTSONLINEREGISTRATIONSRECORD
19.63M +23,470 ↑8480,12114,103
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.

When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
RLFANS Match Centre
 TODAY
     National Rugby League 2024-R29
10:50
Sydney
v
Manly
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R27
15:00
Hull FC
v
Catalans
       Championship 2024-R27
18:00
Featherstone
v
Dewsbury
18:00
Widnes
v
Toulouse
19:30
Wakefield
v
Barrow
 TOMORROW
       Championship 2024-R27
Batley
v
Swinton
Halifax
v
Bradford
Swinton
v
Doncaster
       League One 2024-R24
Hunslet
v
Midlands
Keighley
v
Rochdale
 Fri 27th Sep
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R28
20:00
Salford
v
Leigh
 Sat 28th Sep
       Championship 2024-R28
17:00
Toulouse
v
Batley
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R28
17:00
Warrington
v
St.Helens
 Sun 29th Sep
       Championship 2024-R28
Barrow
v
Widnes
Bradford
v
Swinton
Dewsbury
v
Sheffield
Wakefield
v
Doncaster
Whitehaven
v
Halifax
York
v
Featherstone
 Sun 27th Oct 2024
     Mens Internationals 2024-R2
14:30
England M
v
Samoa M
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)
Matches on TV
Sat 21st Sep
SL
Hull FC-Catalans
Sun 27th Oct
MINT2024
England M-Samoa M
Sat 2nd Nov
MINT2024
England M-Samoa M
Fri 20th Sep
SL 27 Hull KR26-16Leeds
SL 27 Leigh18-12St.Helens
SL 27 Warrington54-0LondonB
CH 27 Sheffield24-26York
NRL 29 Cronulla26-18NQL Cowboys
Thu 19th Sep
SL 27 Huddersfield34-10Castleford
SL 27 Wigan64-0Salford
Sun 15th Sep
WSL2024 14 FeatherstoneW6-32York V
WSL2024 14 Hudds W36-0Wire W
CH 26 Barrow34-14Whitehaven
CH 26 Bradford16-14Batley
CH 26 Dewsbury16-28Swinton
CH 26 Doncaster30-14Widnes
CH 26 Featherstone6-20Sheffield
CH 26 Wakefield20-4York
NRL 28 Canterbury22-24Manly
L1 23 Midlands24-22Workington
L1 23 Rochdale30-18Hunslet
Sat 14th Sep
SL 26 Hull FC4-58Salford
SL 26 Catalans12-8LondonB
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Mens Betfred Super League XXVIII ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wigan 27 721 336 385 44
Hull KR 27 719 327 392 42
Warrington 27 738 319 419 40
Salford 27 550 547 3 32
Leigh 27 566 398 168 31
St.Helens 27 596 388 208 30

Leeds 27 530 488 42 28
Catalans 26 451 423 28 28
Huddersfield 27 468 658 -190 20
Castleford 27 425 735 -310 15
Hull FC 26 324 870 -546 6
LondonB 27 317 916 -599 6
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Betfred Championship 2024 ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wakefield 24 892 256 636 46
Bradford 24 618 373 245 32
Toulouse 23 662 340 322 31
York 26 639 463 176 28
Sheffield 25 618 498 120 28
Widnes 24 513 433 80 27

Featherstone 24 566 472 94 26
Doncaster 24 470 527 -57 23
Batley 24 378 513 -135 20
Halifax 24 475 617 -142 20