Aug 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2023Mar 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2690.jpg
:2690.jpg

Quote: Greg Florimos Boots "Freebies and Halifax RLFC, never.
I don't think i've ever read a pro-Halifax post from you on here. Are you a fan?

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1523No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 201015 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2012Sep 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
50493_1272707853.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_50493.jpg

Quote: wereutherein1987? "I am sure it will all come clear this week and I am not too concerned.

I cant see any financial difficulties as the last balance sheet although not brilliant wasn't showing any significant financial exposure.

The club hasn't squandered any money, players in have replaced players out. The obvious negatives were lack of pre-season income and the downfall of our major sponsor but a good solid cup run and the new signing of sponsors should more than mitigate this.

I think the club is on a sound sustainable footing at the moment which is credit to BODs and of course us the Fans.'"

I hope you'r right and there is nothing lurking to bite us on the bum icon_beat.gif

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach9502
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
13050.gif
[b:112mouem][color=#0000FF:112mouem][size=100:112mouem] "Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."― Albert Einstein[/size:112mouem] [/color:112mouem][/b:112mouem] [b:112mouem][color=#0000FF:112mouem][size=100:112mouem] "Everybody gets so much information all day long that they lose their common sense." ― Gertrude Stein[/size:112mouem][/color:112mouem][/b:112mouem] [b:112mouem][color=#0000FF:112mouem][size=100:112mouem] "Don't believe everything you read on the internet" ― Abraham Lincoln [/size:112mouem][/color:112mouem][/b:112mouem]:13050.gif

Quote: littlerich "I don't think i've ever read a pro-Halifax post from you on here. Are you a fan?'"

I wouldn't follow us home and away to every single game if I wasn't.
Because I have an opinion of what I feel is wrong with the club and are willing to voice it on here dosnt mean that I arnt. icon_rolleyes.gif

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member18789No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2023Mar 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2690.jpg

Quote: Greg Florimos Boots "I wouldn't follow us home and away to every single game if I wasn't.
Because I have an opinion of what I feel is wrong with the club and are willing to voice it on here dosnt mean that I arnt.
Just checking.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach3124No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2016Sep 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

YOU CAN LEARN FROM THE PAST BUT NOT RELIVE IT.YOU CAN HOPE FOR THE FUTURE BUT CAN NEVER BE SURE THERE WILL BE ONE.:

Quote: Officeboy "I'm not being disparaging about the barmy army - I merely used them as an example of 'ordinary' supporters. I in fact mentioned them being passionate and loyal.

Neither am I knocking the good work and raising of money that the Trust does. it's just that ultimately (in my humble opinion) the trust is just the same as the supporters clubs that nearly all clubs have and raising money for the club is what they do. The trust was formed to buy a seat on the board if I remember rightly, to represent 'ordinary fans' I've always been surprised that directors didn't take offence at the insinuation that there has to be somebody amongst them 'policing' them, reporting back and protecting 'the club' from them. Maybe they did.

All I am saying is that Michael Steele, Ian Croad, and Steven Bonfield are supporters, and I question the principle being put forward that 'the fans' need any further representation when it's fans that are on the board as it is!'"

I t sounds disparaging to me to make comments about the "Supporters rep" on the" Commnity board" saying he was more like a committee member of a working mens club who was only bothered about badges and free tickets.Well not being "au fait" with how committee members of working mens clubs behave I will of course take your word for it.But I do believe our rep` was a useful member of the board at the timeNeither did I think the directors took offence at "ordinary fans" "policing them" as you call it.If I remember correctly theTrust was invited on the board when the board became a community club and the Trust did not have to buy a place.Stephen Pearsons vision of the "community club" meant we were invited to take a place on the board and if as you say people without the money to bring to the table should be specialy picked also for business accumin etc. Well noone is disagreeing with that either but one might wonder why you put up for election to the board against Paul Dixon.
I was also unaware that Steven Bonifield was a director , thought he withdrew some considerable time ago but then there again I bow to your superior knowledge.
As I said earlier the fan who suggested to start a lottery of some kind was merely trying to be helpful towards the club as I think he probably thought they could do with the help and instead of being shouted down by you it may be better if someone from the club grabbed him and his initiative and ideas and worked with him and others to nurture the idea into something that may be more suitable for our club instead of someone like you belittleing the idea . Especially as he and others are more than willing to put an extra £1 in here and there which you must admit is very refreshing .

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman25865
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
1013_1274975796.gif
Black [color=red:1mjyx80j]Red[/color:1mjyx80j] [color=blue:1mjyx80j]Blue[/color:1mjyx80j] [color=green:1mjyx80j]Green[/color:1mjyx80j]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_1013.gif

Quote: exdysonroadie "Brew
You made a comment that Graham Clay was paid by the RFL and not the club. Please tell more? Why would the RFL pay for our CEO? or do they pay all clubs. It just seems a bizarre situation that the RFL would pay the salary of the boss of Halifax.'"

IIRC the RFL give Championship Clubs so much money per year, which is available as long as they employ a CEO and a Marketing Manager. So its basicly to cover the salary

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member1222
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jan 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
3253_1358445319.jpg
Officeboy. Saying the opposite of everyone else just to get attention since 2002.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_3253.jpg

Quote: johnny freeman fan club "I t sounds disparaging to me to make comments about the "Supporters rep" on the" Commnity board" saying he was more like a committee member of a working mens club who was only bothered about badges and free tickets.Well not being "au fait" with how committee members of working mens clubs behave I will of course take your word for it.But I do believe our rep` was a useful member of the board at the timeNeither did I think the directors took offence at "ordinary fans" "policing them" as you call it.If I remember correctly theTrust was invited on the board when the board became a community club and the Trust did not have to buy a place.Stephen Pearsons vision of the "community club" meant we were invited to take a place on the board and if as you say people without the money to bring to the table should be specialy picked also for business accumin etc. Well noone is disagreeing with that either but one might wonder why you put up for election to the board against Paul Dixon.
I was also unaware that Steven Bonifield was a director , thought he withdrew some considerable time ago but then there again I bow to your superior knowledge.
As I said earlier the fan who suggested to start a lottery of some kind was merely trying to be helpful towards the club as I think he probably thought they could do with the help and instead of being shouted down by you it may be better if someone from the club grabbed him and his initiative and ideas and worked with him and others to nurture the idea into something that may be more suitable for our club instead of someone like you belittleing the idea . Especially as he and others are more than willing to put an extra £1 in here and there which you must admit is very refreshing .'"

My my, you're bitter aren't you?

After sitting for an hour thinking of the best way to reply to this nonsense I think the best way is simply to be happy that you bow to my superior knowledge.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1530No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2019Jul 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Black Backgrounds/Rowlf the Dog.gif
Waddy-Fax wrote:I bloody love this game, anyone else sat at their desk getting wound up and angry reading all this, the same way you feel after you've watched Rocky and wanna do push ups and sh/t?:Black Backgrounds/Rowlf the Dog.gif

Quote: Greg Florimos Boots "Freebies and Halifax RLFC, never.
I know this to be categorically untrue - everybody has to pay their way on hospitality at the Club

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner4335
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200421 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2022Nov 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
8694.gif
Devon Sharks RL - Torbay's ONLY Rugby League Team [url]www.devonsharksrl.co.uk[/url] Halifax Community RL (IMBRL) - Halifax TAG Rugby League Team Wakefield and Featherstone IMBRL Tournament Cup Champions 2007 Hull IMBRL Tournament Plate Winners 2006 "Metal Ashes of Phoenix Show" every Friday 8-10pm on Phoenix FM 96.7 and via the station web site.:8694.gif

Quote: harry1 "I know this to be categorically untrue - everybody has to pay their way on hospitality at the Club'"

I concur - I work for the club and paid for my rare day off for hospitality.

RankPostsTeam
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2023Mar 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2690.jpg

GFB in bulls**t shocker icon_eek.gif

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member1082No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200322 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2013Aug 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Others/roderic.jpg
This information will be publicly viewable:Others/roderic.jpg

Quote: Officeboy "My my, you're bitter aren't you?

After sitting for an hour thinking of the best way to reply to this nonsense I think the best way is simply to be happy that you bow to my superior knowledge.'"

This has to be the funniest thing I've read in ages. The poster spends an hour trying to come up with a reply, is unable to, and still believes he has "superior knowledge". This is a forum, not a knowledge contest. All reasonable opinions are welcome irrespective of the level of intellect.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach3124No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2016Sep 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

YOU CAN LEARN FROM THE PAST BUT NOT RELIVE IT.YOU CAN HOPE FOR THE FUTURE BUT CAN NEVER BE SURE THERE WILL BE ONE.:

Quote: Officeboy "My my, you're bitter aren't you?

After sitting for an hour thinking of the best way to reply to this nonsense I think the best way is simply to be happy that you bow to my superior knowledge.'"

Bitter?? No I am most definatly not . I am enjoying my rugby and my involvment with the club I have supported since 1953 ,I am happy with the people who run the club and unlike you have no aspirations to be on the board. Nor would I like you, knock anyone who has done a dificult unpaid job in their own time either.

I am gratful our club is still going due to various people in our past and present history investing time and money in what seems at times to be an uphill struggle for most of the time but The Supporters Trust would be very grateful to any fans who may have any ideas and are willing to put in the time to help pursue them if justhebasicfax wishes to pm me we are more than willing to listen. A germ of an idea could become a bit of a moneyspinner albeit under a differant format.I appeal to all true fans of the club to try to go the extra mile just at the moment we are after all in this together .

On another note may I also like to add that the Supporters Trust Committee volunteer workers for the club (one of whom works at the club 7 days a week )all pay for a season ticket.As such even though they have matchday jobs(ie) working in the shop ,selling programmes or just helping out unpaid the still pay in to watch the match.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach154
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200817 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2017Oct 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
icons15f0_files/3445-1022jacare-msnicons.jpg
:icons15f0_files/3445-1022jacare-msnicons.jpg

Having seen the statement on the other thread from Mr Fax taken from the club page, I was just wondering when the full announcement is expected.

I fully trust the BODs yet if you are reading this please understand that we have had many an uncertain time over the years and having two important guys leave at the same time will set the alarm bells ringing.

I dont get into conspiracy theories and gossip, I am, like many fans, a little uneasy at the moment.

I have had my PC on pretty much since Saturday AM and when I saw the Mr Fax post at 8.30 this morning I was hoping for some light spreading on the situation.

Any news on the full press release yet anyone?

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach16474No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2016Feb 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
15574_1415470358.jpg
Love a brew.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_15574.jpg

Perhaps Columbo can investigate the goings on?

RankPostsTeam
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2023Mar 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2690.jpg

Quote: -VIKINGMAN- "Perhaps Columbo can investigate the goings on?'"

Columbo was a homicide detective. Who's been murdered?

133 posts in 10 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin
133 posts in 10 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.13427734375:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4
Emagdnim13
2m
Decision on the field
WWste
3m