FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

FORUMS > Halifax Panthers > To put the season in context.
65 posts in 5 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin
RankPostsTeam
International Star1743No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2019Aug 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: tp23faxfan "What concerns me the most is the gap between ourselves and the bottom club's is getting less season by season. The problem for our bod is if Karl goes who can we replace him with?'"

Someone who could ignite passion for playing for this club, I'm sorry but not many of the current team offer that like we had when Matt Calland was here, Did he get the team playing for one another with passion and Pride, Absolutly he did, Did he attract the right players, ( including Ausies ) absolutly, I dont care for this BS of local lads playing for a local team as clearly it doesnt work. He dismantled a great team and replaced with mediocre, he changes the team far too often and takes away players confidence by saying in the media poor this and bad decision that by players and then naming them. I'm sorry but if rhino cannot get this team up for a game like sundays then he has no chance. Inside ball after inside ball is just e, the centre's aren't getting the balls to the wingers, and Peter Fox has been brought in and not given a bloody chance.

We have lost this second spot due to complacency in the team losing time and time again when comfortably in the lead, the last 10-15 minutes of games we look dead on our feet, so whilst we are at it, get a new conditioner, next year with more games against harder opposition with less funding than the 4 teams above us i can see this restructure sending us further down not up where we should be. i honestly do not see us in the middle 8 next year.

This club really knows how to let itself down in these big games whilst under Rhino's command.

RankPostsTeam
International Star1743No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2019Aug 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Nat (Rugby_Aholic) "Take away the bonus point and we are 5/6th and only just recently escaped the relegation fight. If you want to talk about the budgets of Fev and Leigh then you also must talk about the budgets of all the teams we have lost to, drawn with or struggled to beat. I can guarantee we have spent a lot more than them. [sizeThere are no standards by which you can call this season a success[/size. Regular season aside I haven't spoke to anyone who believes we could win a play-off game let alone win the play-offs themselves, we just don't have the special edge.'"

Absolutly spot on, Season on season things have got worse, i see no glimmer of hope on the horizon either, I am away for the next 2 games and am not really that bothered about the playoffs now either, It was all about 1st and second, I await the off season excuses of " we dont have the money of other clubs " etc etc, We bloddy would have done if we learned to play for 80 minutes, Clearout needed im afraid.

RankPostsTeam
International Star115No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 201411 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2019Aug 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

We are third in the league and have just been on a good run of form (sunday aside) I was on one of the people who was pleased when Rhino was appointed. But there does seem to be a lack of enthusiasm at The Shay on match day go back to 2009-2011 there was a buzz at the Shay a feeling of excitement which is lacking somewhat - Sunday was a big day and where was it marketed? Summer Holidays no bring your kids for half price or any activities for them , no band (although the singer did well). 3022 was a good crowd but what happened to cashing in on the sucess of the World Cup game at the Shay?

You can't rely on Twitter , Facebook and Word of mouth they only go so far nor can you rely on fans to put up posters in their own time , noticed we dont even put sponsors in the corporate boxes anymore - Next season see's big and needed changes to the game what are we doing to market Fax for 2015????

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2572No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2017Nov 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Faxfan1999 "We are third in the league and have just been on a good run of form (sunday aside) I was on one of the people who was pleased when Rhino was appointed. But there does seem to be a lack of enthusiasm at The Shay on match day go back to 2009-2011 there was a buzz at the Shay a feeling of excitement which is lacking somewhat - Sunday was a big day and where was it marketed? Summer Holidays no bring your kids for half price or any activities for them , no band (although the singer did well). 3022 was a good crowd but what happened to cashing in on the sucess of the World Cup game at the Shay?

You can't rely on Twitter , Facebook and Word of mouth they only go so far nor can you rely on fans to put up posters in their own time , noticed we dont even put sponsors in the corporate boxes anymore - Next season see's big and needed changes to the game what are we doing to market Fax for 2015????'"

Agree with all this.My biggest fear for next season is not who the coach is but why everything at boardroom level has appeared to have stopped.

RankPostsTeam
International Star1087No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201411 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
simpsons/simp019.gif
:simpsons/simp019.gif

I have heard rumors that Mr Abbot is withdrawing himself and his money from the club due personal problems and that if we had (do) finish second that money would have gone to Mr Abbot and other directors who are wanting some of their invested money back.

As I say rumors and 'Im sorry to say I have nothing to write to back up what I've written but I believe quite strongly that it is true.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach13012No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2021Apr 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
15768_1384187582.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_15768.jpg

After attending the Fax v Leigh earlier in the season , I was very impressed with your Hospitality and the way your Sponsers are treated , along with the Facilities you have , they are definatly a match for what Leigh have on offer .Your ground and Fans are for me Superior to Fevs , maybe Karl has got some things wrong this season , but you are still in the mix , maybe not as favorites , I think the season may be a disappointment to you , but its not all been bad , personally I think if you show maybe around 6 of your current squad the door at the end of the season and recruit well you could still challenge for the Top 4 next year , obviously it wont be easy , but it wont be easy for anybody .

As you Faxers know I like Fax and want to see you challenging Fev , hopefully we will meet in this years GF , and stage a great game at Leeds , and then make plans for next season .Keep the Fax faith . icon_thumb.gif

RankPostsTeam
International Star714
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
52806_1304604881.jpeg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_52806.jpeg

Quote: charlie caroli "After attending the Fax v Leigh earlier in the season , I was very impressed with your Hospitality and the way your Sponsers are treated , along with the Facilities you have , they are definatly a match for what Leigh have on offer .Your ground and Fans are for me Superior to Fevs , maybe Karl has got some things wrong this season , but you are still in the mix , maybe not as favorites , I think the season may be a disappointment to you , but its not all been bad , personally I think if you show maybe around 6 of your current squad the door at the end of the season and recruit well you could still challenge for the Top 4 next year , obviously it wont be easy , but it wont be easy for anybody .

As you Faxers know I like Fax and want to see you challenging Fev , hopefully we will meet in this years GF , and stage a great game at Leeds , and then make plans for next season .Keep the Fax faith .
Charlie, what's wrong with a Fax v Fev Final? Leigh still have to get the monkey of their back and win a couple of play-off games to get to the final icon_biggrin.gif

Seriously I see where you are coming from, in that you can argue that Fax haven't had a bad year, but I can feel the frustration coming out of the Fax camp too. I don't believe KH is a bad coach, but I also don't think he is a great coach. He did an okay at Salford on limited resources and a greadt job at Batley on imited resources (resources relative to the teams around him). And maybe this is the issue at Fax he came to a team that had relatively more resources (3 years ago) than the other teams around him, but he has been unable to take the team forward from that position, where as DP & PR have done that at Fev and Leigh. If you think that Fax are underdogs next year than maybe he is the man to take Fax forwards, but it is difficult to see how that will happen if he has lost the support of the fans.

For me I hope that Fax can turn the corner either with or without KH and that Fev can also steady the ship so that next year all three clubs (Leigh/FaxFev) are compeating and winning that middle 8. How great it would be if we could get the 1st 3 places in the middle 8 and see the likes of Bradford/London/Widnes/Wakefield, etc. having to play in a 4v5 game to be the last team to make up SL in 2016.

Roll on next year (not that this one is done yet).

RankPostsTeam
International Star115No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 201411 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2019Aug 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: mr t hall "Agree with all this.My biggest fear for next season is not who the coach is but why everything at boardroom level has appeared to have stopped.'"

True - Rhino can only work with the money and resources made available to him by the board - if it wasnt for people like Roger Harvey investing in Fax dont know where we would be - My concern is Fax could get left behind in 2015.

RankPostsTeam
International Star309No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 201311 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2024May 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

To put it in context not a bad season really. We dont appear to be spending what Leigh, Fev and Harrison even stated Dewsbury as spending more. Let too many quality players go Beswick, Penky, Black, Barlow to name a few. I would like KH to change the style and be more fluent in attack. This 5 drives and a kick will not attract the fans.
Need more quality in outside backs for next season IMO. Ben Kaye a disappointment for me this season.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach13012No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2021Apr 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
15768_1384187582.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_15768.jpg

Quote: FevGrinder "Charlie, what's wrong with a Fax v Fev Final? Leigh still have to get the monkey of their back and win a couple of play-off games to get to the final Dave we at Leigh have a dismal record in the Play-offs but I think we will change that this year , I think Stanley Unwin must be leading the Fax team talks this year icon_lol.gif , is it possible to have a Fax v Fev GF ?WHERE would it be played Fantasy Island ? icon_wink.gif

RankPostsTeam
International Star813
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 201312 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2015Oct 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
70254_1408454058.png
//www.shawxsharks.com/ In my opinion the best amateur club in the world Reaching forward since 1947:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_70254.png

Quote: chazzerboy "To put it in context not a bad season really. We dont appear to be spending what Leigh, Fev and Harrison even stated Dewsbury as spending more. Let too many quality players go Beswick, Penky, Black, Barlow to name a few. I would like KH to change the style and be more fluent in attack. This 5 drives and a kick will not attract the fans.
Need more quality in outside backs for next season IMO. Ben Kaye a disappointment for me this season.'"

I completely agree regarding Ben Kaye his speed from hooker is woeful at times and I wouldn't personally play him I would much rather have holden there instead IMO

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1411No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2019Apr 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
45840_1366545260.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_45840.jpg

To put the season into context.... We've been poor, again..

The fans know it, The Board should know it, Karl should know it, The Players ought to know it..

The last hope for us now is to get to the Final and generate something positive. Can we do it ? Yes I suppose we can.
Will we do it? hmmm there's no indicator to suggest were going to do a Sheffield..

RankPostsTeam
International Star79No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 201410 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2017Sep 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Well done Mr T Hall on probably the most balanced post over the last two days. I know we are all disappointed but the level of vitriol posted on here over the last couple of days has beggared belief - mainly I note from people who never post after the winning games. Anyone would think we were facing relegation not 2 points off second place. Given our budget was the 4th largest this year, if we achieve 3rd we have batted above our weight. And to those of you making a stand and staying away from games - I am actually not interested. Everyone is entitled to do as they like, but I will continue to support my team like many others through thick and thin. The season has not finished and we need to get over this an get behind the lads

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member199
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
simpsons/015.jpg
:simpsons/015.jpg

Quote: "Take away the bonus point and we are 5/6th and only just recently escaped the relegation fight.'"

B*ll*cks, take away everybody's bonus points, we're still 3rd. Funny how people spin things to fit their argument. We are 3rd in a very competitive league, yes we've played some pretty gruesome rugby this year, however, why would you sack a coach who has got the team into a fairly competitive position with what is reputed to be a much reduced budget. d040.gif

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member18789No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2023Mar 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2690.jpg
:2690.jpg

Can't really compare until you lay out all finances, sources of income and benefactor contributions of all clubs. Relatively speaking we may be punching well above our weight with the finances available. Fev may have been expecting to walk the division with theirs and so may be disappointed that Leigh have stolen their thunder. Leigh may be sinking benefactor cash over the next three years in the hope of self sustaining returns.

I don't think Fax have the cash to splash in order to push into that top four next year.

65 posts in 5 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
65 posts in 5 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

4.19482421875:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Salford H
DSJ1983
Recent
Game - Song Titles
Wanderer
Recent
BORED The Band Name Game
Wanderer
Recent
Film game
Wanderer
Recent
Sheffield A
ChinaBull
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
Play-offs
Septimius Se
19s
George Williams
Howfenwire
20s
Todays match v Saints
Alffi_7
25s
FRENCH
MadDogg
31s
BORED The Band Name Game
Wanderer
58s
Sheffield A
ChinaBull
1m
Rumours thread
Trojan Horse
1m
Leeds Rhinos - Away
bonaire
1m
TV games not Wire
rubber ducki
1m
Play offs
workforce11
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
Play-offs
Septimius Se
TODAY
Highlights v Whitehaven
Dunkirk Spir
TODAY
Play offs
workforce11
TODAY
George Williams
Howfenwire
TODAY
WIRE YED Prediction Competition Huddersfield Away
Wire Weaver
TODAY
Huddersfield Giants Hold Off London Challenge
RLFANS News
TODAY
Salford Close In On The Play Offs As Dragons Crisis Continues
RLFANS News
TODAY
Batley v Dons - Sunday 8 September 2024
Wanderer
TODAY
Staying down after head contact
The games af
TODAY
Broncos Ladies
Deadcowboys1
TODAY
OT players staying down but staying on after treatment
djcool
TODAY
Hull live/Tomlinson
jimmyfivebel
TODAY
Todays match v Saints
Alffi_7
TODAY
New England RL shirt
The Curtism
TODAY
Reserves Grand Final
RobRiches
TODAY
Shareholder meetings
Dunkirk Spir
TODAY
Leigh Leopards Up To Fourth After Defeating Castleford Tigers
RLFANS News
TODAY
Leeds Rhinos Into the Six After Destroying Hull FC
RLFANS News
NEWS ITEMS
VIEWS
Huddersfield Giants Hold Off L..
Salford Close In On The Play O..
Leigh Leopards Up To Fourth Af..
Leeds Rhinos Into the Six Afte..
Wigan Warriors Defeat Hull KR ..
Wane Names Provisional Squad f..
Leeds Rhinos Ride Their Luck F..
Wigan Warriors Level Top As Ca..
Castleford Tigers Inflict Anot..
Leigh Into the Six After Beati..
Five Into Three - Our Top Six ..
Leigh Leopards Lay Claim To Pl..
Salford Up To Fourth After Dem..
Hull KR Embarrass Saints As Th..
Rhinos Sweep Past the Dragons ..
POSTSONLINEREGISTRATIONSRECORD
19.63M 2,904 ↑4280,11314,103
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.

When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
RLFANS Match Centre
 Fri 13th Sep
     National Rugby League 2024-R28
10:50
Penrith
v
Sydney
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R26
20:00
Leigh
v
Hull KR
St.Helens
v
Castleford
Wigan
v
Leeds
 Sat 14th Sep
07:05
Melbourne
v
Cronulla
10:50
NQL Cowboys
v
Newcastle
     Womens Super League 2024-R14
14:00
FeatherstoneW
v
York V
St.HelensW
v
BarrowW
15:00
Hull FC
v
Salford
       Championship 2024-R26
Barrow
v
Whitehaven
Bradford
v
Batley
Dewsbury
v
Swinton
Doncaster
v
Widnes
Featherstone
v
Sheffield
Wakefield
v
York
17:00
Toulouse
v
Halifax
Catalans
v
LondonB
 Sun 15th Sep
07:05
Canterbury
v
Manly
     Womens Super League 2024-R14
12:00
WiganW
v
LeedsW
Hudds W
v
Wire W
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)
Matches on TV
Fri 13th Sep
SL
Leigh-Hull KR
SL
St.Helens-Castleford
SL
Wigan-Leeds
Sat 14th Sep
SL
Hull FC-Salford
SL
Catalans-LondonB
Sun 15th Sep
SL
Huddersfield-Warrington
Fri 20th Sep
SL
Huddersfield-Castleford
SL
Hull FC-Catalans
SL
Hull KR-Leeds
SL
Leigh-St.Helens
SL
Warrington-LondonB
SL
Wigan-Salford
Sun 27th Oct
MINT2024
14:30
England M-Samoa M
Sat 2nd Nov
MINT2024
14:30
England M-Samoa M
Sun 8th Sep
SL 25 Huddersfield22-16LondonB
WSL2024 13 LeedsW52-12FeatherstoneW
WSL2024 13 BarrowW24-4Hudds W
WSL2024 13 WiganW12-16York V
CH 25 Batley0-38Doncaster
CH 25 Halifax34-6Dewsbury
CH 25 Sheffield12-30Bradford
CH 25 Swinton28-8Featherstone
CH 25 Wakefield60-6Whitehaven
CH 25 Widnes6-12York
NRL 27 Manly20-40Cronulla
NRL 27 Newcastle14-6Dolphins
Sat 7th Sep
SL 25 Warrington16-2St.Helens
SL 25 Salford27-12Catalans
WSL2024 13 Wire W0-98St.HelensW
CH 25 Barrow24-36Toulouse
NRL 27 St.George24-26Canberra
NRL 27 Canterbury6-44NQL Cowboys
NRL 27 Penrith18-12Gold Coast
Fri 6th Sep
SL 25 Castleford12-34Leigh
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Mens Betfred Super League XXVIII ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wigan 25 619 336 283 40
Hull KR 25 669 311 358 38
Warrington 25 618 319 299 36
Salford 25 492 479 13 30
Leigh 25 548 362 186 29
St.Helens 25 544 366 178 28

Leeds 25 514 424 90 28
Catalans 25 439 415 24 26
Huddersfield 25 434 582 -148 18
Castleford 25 411 661 -250 15
Hull FC 25 320 812 -492 6
LondonB 25 309 850 -541 6
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Betfred Championship 2024 ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wakefield 23 872 252 620 44
Bradford 23 602 359 243 30
Toulouse 22 624 322 302 29
Widnes 23 499 403 96 27
York 24 609 419 190 26
Featherstone 23 560 452 108 26

Sheffield 23 574 466 108 26
Doncaster 23 440 513 -73 21
Halifax 23 457 579 -122 20
Batley 23 364 497 -133 20