Sep 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2019Aug 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: chris_smith "

But then again fans like me can't have an opinion or I'm moaning or belittling the club.....'"

Too right you shouldn't, If you didn't hear everything said you should hold your tongue until you do, then make a informed decision on your response. Call your fellow supporters trust members and discuss with those there. Then you might talk some sense.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2415
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
27802_1294412072.gif
Oh hali hali hali hali halifax:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_27802.gif

I'm happy with the announcements.

Keeping a player of Murrell's quality away from SL offers says a lot about the club - may many more come and join him!

I don't know too much about what else was said but the directors are right - we need to get more fans through the gates, simple as. It's great to see Rhino is in for the long haul, planning out the club's future - Rhino is another from our great club who could have gone to SL!

Think about it - says a lot eh?

Mr Abbott and Mr Croad were never gonna buy the Shay - the cost and the upkeep would cripple us and we have no need for it, yet.

There's not anything to moan about here, we have a sensible board, committed to the club who are investing wisely - we could have fatty Wood back on board!

The last thing the club needs is fans bleating over what we have - we have to make the most of it til the RFL come to their senses!

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman1309No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2020Oct 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Faxhali "Too right you shouldn't, If you didn't hear everything said you should hold your tongue until you do, then make a informed decision on your response. Call your fellow supporters trust members and discuss with those there. Then you might talk some sense.'"

Sorry but I could swear this was a forum which if you didn't know is the word the Romans used for a meeting square to publically discuss issues, ideas and opinions.

Censorship seems to be the idea on this "forum" if you disagree with someone's opinion or it doesn't quite natch your own idealism. Some people need to get a grip on reality

RankPostsTeam
International Star4561
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

With there not being any home games for a few weeks the club wanted to keep in contact with the fans with the emphasis very much on sticking together as a group and this was the only way the success of the club that we all want would be achieved and would take the oppourtunity to cover a range of recent and ongoing topics.

The none stop work behind the scenes by the BOD and the other staff was mentioned not as self praise but as reassurance that they are Fax untill they die as well.

A big effort is being and will continue to be put in to try and get the supporters coming back with a host of intiatives being tried acknowledging it's tough out there at the moment.

Parents or guardians who brought along youngsters would have a deal where the young ones could be fed and watered as part of the admission price, the thinking would be to take the pressure off the adults in this area.

Efforts were being made to give a better presence in Halifax Town , possibly a stall in the Vision Express Woolshops area and other advertising.

The chance of winning a trip to New York is the first of it's kind in Rugby League which will be heavily marketed in the Calderdale area with over 50,000 homes being sent a letter informing the residents of the event and inviting them down to the game against Whitehaven.
The prize would be funded out of the directors pockets.

The club and coaching staff are putting a lot of effort into the newly formed under 19's and the commitment of Martin Gonzales and Jim Gannon was there for all to see.

Martin spoke really well about where the lads are now and where they can aim to be.
Very pleasing when he spoke about this not just happening but in time them maturing naturaly in size and skill from a young age through to first team level with the benefits that sort of progression would bring to them and the club.

A lot of credit was given to the work that the supporters trust was doing and without this there would be no under 19's or junior setup and if anyone could sign up and help them then please do so.

The news on Murrell was a real tonic as the rumours about super league had been well founded.
This type of thing can be so disruptive especially when you are coming to the buisness end of the season.
The board and Scotty moved quickly to put it to bed so now he can concentrate on his game and weave his magic.
Scotty spoke and Luke Ambler likewise and they clearly want to be here.

On other players signing up KH said one had verbally said he would be earlier in the evening and more positive news of others would most likely be made in the next couple of weeks.

The new proposed changes to the league structure are on going with sl clubs meeting first in early July, again later on with the championship clubs being involved after that, further discussions between the powers that be with a decision expected some time later in the year around October / November time if I remember correctly.

At the moment it was thought that the 12x12x8 scenario allthough being the most radical was being favoured out of the options.

Importantly all parties seem to realise that a more even distribution of funding is critical for it to work and that Fax would be doing all they could to negotiate the best deal.

That deal would depend on a lot of things such as TV revenue which at this point in time beyond this round of licensing is unknown as the current Sky deal ends at the same time.

That's about it and looks big enough for me. icon_lol.gif
Well done to all at Fax, great effort. Excellent meeting.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member8194No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2015Apr 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
3245_1309285420.jpg
FAILURE ISN'T ABOUT FALLING DOWN, FAILURE IS STAYING DOWN..........:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_3245.jpg

It's under 20's matey.......

Unless we've been lumped into SL !

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member18789No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2023Mar 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2690.jpg
:2690.jpg

Quote: chris_smith "Some people need to get a grip on reality'"

That's something you've never been able to do regarding Halifax RLFC. You need to manage your expectations better. And you need to be able to take criticism on a forum when people shoot down your posts instead of bleating like a child.

It is indeed a free and open forum but still, sometimes the best policy is to STFU and say nothing - especially if you're going to throw your teddy out of your pram every time someone challenges you.

Yours,
Warwick.

RankPostsTeam
International Star4561
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: marillion man "It's under 20's matey.......

Unless we've been lumped into SL !'"

Spot on MM as the comp is named, in context of the meeting it was Martin G's reference to our current lads being mostly under 19 and that this age and below would have a big part to play becoming future Fax first team players.

He reasoned on the physical size and skill factor maturing together so that when they got to the early twenties they would have had a lot of playing under their belts which would make it as seamless as possible for them to step into the first team enviroment not just on match days but into the squad with all that entails.
Local lads would be involved as much as possible.

Like he mentioned at that age, early twenties (a few exceptions apart) there will be a good indicator of whether or not they will make the grade, the incentive for them is it largely in their own hands.

The club would give them all the support they could the incentive for the club is home grown players who have a love for the club, know how it operates and avoids having to sign outside players who most likely other clubs have released because they are not good enough but still want silly money.

You know what he was talking about, it was excellent stuff and worth going for just on it's own.

If it works they will be a big part of the future of the club.

To make it work then we to do what we can such as give backing to the supporters trust for example.

Who knows one day in the future a young Fax player will be going in at the corner scoring the wining try at Wembley and our small contributions could have paid for his boots or even just a stud. icon_lol.gif

Tell you what this needs to be circulated more. If I was a young player or the parent of a young player with this type of structure I know where I would want to come to as a young lad to get a chance.

RankPostsTeam
International Star4561
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

PS.

The only real dissapointment was there was no mention of an "Electronic scoreboard." icon_lol.gif

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman1309No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2020Oct 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: littlerich "That's something you've never been able to do regarding Halifax RLFC. You need to manage your expectations better. And you need to be able to take criticism on a forum when people shoot down your posts instead of bleating like a child.

It is indeed a free and open forum but still, sometimes the best policy is to STFU and say nothing - especially if you're going to throw your teddy out of your pram every time someone challenges you.

Yours,
Warwick.'"

I don't recall throwing my teddy out of the pram at all as you put it. Criticism is fine I can take that but I dont appreciate the offensive stuff. I merely retaliated after you LR made your reposts personal. Not called for at all. I'm a fan have been for over 30 years and will continue to be a fax fan irrespective of you and a few others telling me I'm not a fan and stop watching??? I have my own views and I don't expect anyone or everyone to agree with them or deem them to be right. They're my views and its might right to air them. I wasn't at the meeting and was clear about that and last night on the face of it the Murrell news seemed unwarranted as the BIG news. Having read several people's views on here who did attend it does seem very positive and lots of good came from the meeting, which is great.

I do think you LR get very upperty if someone has a different opinion to yours.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member8194No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2015Apr 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
3245_1309285420.jpg
FAILURE ISN'T ABOUT FALLING DOWN, FAILURE IS STAYING DOWN..........:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_3245.jpg

Quote: faxcar "Spot on MM as the comp is named, in context of the meeting it was Martin G's reference to our current lads being mostly under 19 and that this age and below would have a big part to play becoming future Fax first team players.

He reasoned on the physical size and skill factor maturing together so that when they got to the early twenties they would have had a lot of playing under their belts which would make it as seamless as possible for them to step into the first team enviroment not just on match days but into the squad with all that entails.
Local lads would be involved as much as possible.

Like he mentioned at that age, early twenties (a few exceptions apart) there will be a good indicator of whether or not they will make the grade, the incentive for them is it largely in their own hands.

The club would give them all the support they could the incentive for the club is home grown players who have a love for the club, know how it operates and avoids having to sign outside players who most likely other clubs have released because they are not good enough but still want silly money.

You know what he was talking about, it was excellent stuff and worth going for just on it's own.

If it works they will be a big part of the future of the club.

To make it work then we to do what we can such as give backing to the supporters trust for example.

Who knows one day in the future a young Fax player will be going in at the corner scoring the wining try at Wembley and our small contributions could have paid for his boots or even just a stud.

And that was exactly my remit when co-ordinating the club's scholarship scheme & actively recruiting lads for the club just a few years ago. They had to be part of the service area system, therefore had to be locally based. I was out watching school games midweek around my shift patterns at work covering under 14, 15 & 16's age groups , out saturdays & sundays watching junior club games around the district, speaking to parents & kids and NOT promising them the earth & the bright lights of SL stardom and only having a half built stadium to show them around, as opposed to Bradford or Huddersfield, where i know from our own family experience having been through that very process. I take great pride in the fact that some of these kids ( including one of my own ) are now playing reserves at Halifax on my reccomendation, some of them are even contracted. We don't appear to be able to have the same pulling power as we did three, four or five years ago due to the lack of a scholarship scheme, that to me is a necessary requirement. I know of Halifax kids travelling to Sheffield & Salford to train with their scholars, that is not good enough.
It's a very tough market out there attracting youngsters with so many SL clubs around nearby, but at least the current B.O.D. are honourable, hard working & trustworthy and lads are getting an opportunity recently/currently. The same cannot be said of previous groups of people running our club & some of those scars are still evident with some of our local junior & amateur clubs.
And just for the record, as I've stated previously, some of our lads in the reserves are still only 17 years old, stick with it everyone & be patient.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach9502
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
13050.gif
[b:112mouem][color=#0000FF:112mouem][size=100:112mouem] "Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."― Albert Einstein[/size:112mouem] [/color:112mouem][/b:112mouem] [b:112mouem][color=#0000FF:112mouem][size=100:112mouem] "Everybody gets so much information all day long that they lose their common sense." ― Gertrude Stein[/size:112mouem][/color:112mouem][/b:112mouem] [b:112mouem][color=#0000FF:112mouem][size=100:112mouem] "Don't believe everything you read on the internet" ― Abraham Lincoln [/size:112mouem][/color:112mouem][/b:112mouem]:13050.gif

Like has been said it has people talking about our club and not about bad stuff like has happened a lot in the past. That can only be good. Re-signing the best player in the league on a long contract is just a bonus.

RankPostsTeam
International Star4561
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Top comment MM.

Linking that with some other things that were said and making logic from it.

The BOD commented that the new proposed league format would at least give a pathway for clubs such as Fax to progress to the next level a step at a time with the eventual goal of reaching the top tier of Super League, the younger players would be onboard making the journey with them.
Luke Ambler commented that he has ambtions to play at that level and he wants it to be with Halifax.

Touched on by Mr Steel was the new structure would eliminate meaningless games, each team at all times would have something to play for whether it be to reach the top or avoid being at the bottom, their would be real competition in every game.
In this enviroment the standard of play must rise and surely more people would want to watch it.

Likewise the next step and move up would possibly involve playing Waky and Cas for example both of whom would bring significantly more away support to the Shay than some of the teams we play do at present.

Crucially as said before the funding must be distributed right and as regards more people watching, it was said that without bigger crowds progress to Super League would be difficult to achieve.

Going back to the home grown players it is likely that wherever they are playing that's where their friends and family will be if they want to watch a game so it is another incentive that it's at their hometown club.

Everything is interconnected the BOD, coaching staff and everyone else are aware of this, are planning for this and other things as well.

The whole thing was the "BIG" news, and it was an open invite for us to all get involved and be a part of it, how much more could we ask for from a 2 hour meetingicon_surprised.gif icon_biggrin.gif

RankPostsTeam
International Star4561
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

PS. I'm so excited.

My family will be making sacrifices this weekend to sponser someone on the walk to Dewsbury.

The wife will be staying in both Saturday and Sunday. icon_lol.gif

RankPostsTeam
International Star3533
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2023Jul 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
51701_1323356561.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_51701.jpg

Whilst the news was not perhaps BIG in terms of a real headliner the update from Faxcar shows that there is a lot of work going on which will hopefully lead to BIG things in the future.
Is it also true that the ring is being built behind the South Stand as we speak to accommodate the title fight with Chris_Smith and Little Rich. This may add even more to the crowd for the 'Haven match.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member18789No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2023Mar 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2690.jpg
:2690.jpg

Quote: Norman Bates "Is it also true that the ring is being built behind the South Stand as we speak to accommodate the title fight with Chris_Smith and Little Rich. This may add even more to the crowd for the 'Haven match.'"

It would be a no contest. I wouldn't last 5 seconds. He's too big, too strong. But then again, from my perspective, who isn't?

Onwards and upwards anyway.

[sizeUp the Fax!!!!!!!!!!!!![/size

61 posts in 5 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin
61 posts in 5 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.07421875:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Tonights match v HKR
just_browny
3m
Decision on the field
--[ WW ]--
4m