JoinedServiceReputation
May 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2024Aug 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
45460_1403798981.jpg
Sheffield Eagles - Back to Back National Champions 2012 and 2013 !!:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_45460.jpg

Quote: Brew "
Who was the last player we promoted from the u23/20s whos gone on to feature in the first team regulary?'"

You know, when you look at it hard, most players in the Championship come from $uperleague Academies. Which does indeed make you wonder if running junior teams is a waste of money. eusa_think.gif

Looks good on the cv. Practical ? Hmmmm......

RankPostsTeam
International Star4487
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Just watched the game not knowing the score as I was away.

Nothing between the two sides and Dewsbury deserved to win in the end.

If we get no real field position, build no pressure, throw the ball away at crucial moments of a game we are hardly likely to get the result.

Another game that ranks high in the top of the dissapointing chart.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member8194No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2015Apr 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
3245_1309285420.jpg
FAILURE ISN'T ABOUT FALLING DOWN, FAILURE IS STAYING DOWN..........:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_3245.jpg

Quote: Brew "I'm beginning to wonder that myself. Niall Berret (spelling) who played against Keighley on boxing day did well that day. If there is no pathway to the first team for the u20 players then the work the trust is doing to keep them going is a bit of a waste isn't it?

Who was the last player we promoted from the u23/20s whos gone on to feature in the first team regulary?'"

Niall Berrett is a long-term injury, as is Brad Delaney & Joe Martin it's no secret.
I think some patience is going to be required with the U20's squad, they are a very young bunch of players, many of them still 17 years old, many only just 18. Those who were in attendance at a Trust meeting ( perhaps pre-season ) might recall Gonzo making such a statement. Maybe the term "3 year plan" may have been quoted.
For those who are unaware of the facts, last season we ran both U18's & U23's. The plan was to filter the U18's into the 23's drip feeding the system, a near perfect plan in my eyes and the club were fully behind it. Then of course, someone changed the rules, abandoned totally the U23's, and SL senior academies, brought in a re-structure of U20's at Championship for those who could be bothered, U19's at SL AND dual-reg for those who were weak and skint and prepared to be bullied by the bigger boys.
I know for fact that some lads at Fax had to be released when they became too old for the U20's but would still have qualified at U23's but weren't quite ready for senior grade.
How the hell is this game supposed to produce youth players coming through the system ( Griff ) if they aren't given time to develop ? Sign a load of Kolpakers, Aussies or whoever......
We might as well all pack up & go watch Bradford in that case. Bradford that is, who've taken Jacob Fairbank on loan for a month to cover injuries. Good luck to the lad, I really rate him but yet again, unless I've missed something, he's a Huddersfield player who was dual-reg'd to Batley this season. I really hope he makes a go of it & Bradford want to sign him full time 'cos he's a great prospect, a local lad and the SL clubs play under different rules with regards to the number of foreign players compared to championship clubs, this will stop our talent progressing to senior grade in sufficient numbers.

I'm not going to have a moan about last night, Sheffield away or Fev away on the messageboard, 'cos those who know me & talk rugby league with me know my feelings anyway & I've seen this coming. How about give Dewsbury a bit of well done & good luck for the rest of the comp ?
I really don't want to see certain clubs playing out the final in our stadium, i find that highly embarrassing.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach465No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2015Oct 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: littlerich "Those thicko miners from Featherstone need to understand what choking means. We haven't choked you dumbasses - we haven't got anywhere near the final in order to choke.

It's a wonder these apes can bash through the log on process on their computers. Actually, it's a miracle they have any Internet devices at all. Embarrassment to their club.'"

Littlerich you should look what you post as comments like that don't give your club supporters credit

As for the game you like us want to win all the time but people need to remember where here to be shot down and last night it was you. If you rember back to the start of the season most of you said you had a very strong squad and your forwards were the best in the league As a fan of Fev I still see you as a top team and could possibly take our shield and the GF trophies off Sheffield There's a long way to go get to your next match win it and all will be well I'm sure the players will stand up to the mark

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member18789No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2023Mar 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2690.jpg
:2690.jpg

Sometimes you have to speak their language to get the point across.

RankPostsTeam
International Star1031No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 201114 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2017Sep 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

after watching you the other week against us my conclusion was some of your forwards wernt fit enough to play at the pace the game was played at and that was ultimatly the reason we won. After watching last night i saw nothing to change my opinion i reckon some of them would struggle to do 80 mins in the pennine premier div and i seriously mean that

RankPostsTeam
International Star1031No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 201114 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2017Sep 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

what the helllls worancy doing attempting to drop forwards off near his own line

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach181No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: littlerich "Those thicko miners from Featherstone need to understand what choking means. We haven't choked you dumbasses - we haven't got anywhere near the final in order to choke.

It's a wonder these apes can bash through the log on process on their computers. Actually, it's a miracle they have any Internet devices at all. Embarrassment to their club.'"

I find your “thicko miners” comment deeply offensive, my grandfather worked underground for over 50 years. Have you ever spent 8 hours a day, 5 days a week, underground, without toilets, running water, hot drinks, unable to have meat in your sandwiches because it would rot in the atmosphere you were working in?
Attempt to banter about Rugby all you like, I will ignore you, but do not denigrate people who risked their lives daily so you could be snug and warm in your home.

RankPostsTeam
International Star4487
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: hawk-eye "I find your “thicko miners” comment deeply offensive, my grandfather worked underground for over 50 years. Have you ever spent 8 hours a day, 5 days a week, underground, without toilets, running water, hot drinks, unable to have meat in your sandwiches because it would rot in the atmosphere you were working in?

Attempt to banter about Rugby all you like, I will ignore you, but do not denigrate people who risked their lives daily so you could be snug and warm in your home.'"

To be fair the comment was directed to the "few" who take great delight, beyond what is normal banter whenever anything negative happens against Halifax and "only" Halifax Rugby league club and it's supporters and has nothing to do with anyone else past or present.

However on that point since it has been raised I am sure we all owe a great debt to past family members who made sacrifices for their families and others but with respect it is hardly relevant here.
The responsibilty for the conditions in the mines and other industries lies with others.

The "few" hate mongerers aren't exactly flying the flag of their former or present community and cause just as much offense as anyone else.

However they are never wrong and it's always someone else that is responsible and that's why they carry on with more of the same.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach136No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2016Mar 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

I saw the game basically like this, Dewsbury were as good as they could be and out enthused Fax for most of the game! They had a game plan and it worked, fair play to them and good luck to them for the rest of the comp. As far as Fax as are concerned we made too many errors and failed to control the game! We only really looked like we could damage Dewsbury in the last 10 minutes of both halves. We still could have won the game but probably didn't deserve it in the end.

On another note, if we are playing the game to the rules, it was 100% a deliberate knock on by the Dewsbury winger on the last play of the game and it should have been a penalty to Fax, but that's just the way the cookie crumbles!

RankPostsTeam
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2023Mar 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2690.jpg

Quote: hawk-eye "I find your “thicko miners” comment deeply offensive, my grandfather worked underground for over 50 years. Have you ever spent 8 hours a day, 5 days a week, underground, without toilets, running water, hot drinks, unable to have meat in your sandwiches because it would rot in the atmosphere you were working in?
Attempt to banter about Rugby all you like, I will ignore you, but do not denigrate people who risked their lives daily so you could be snug and warm in your home.'"

Cry me a river.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach9461
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
13050.gif
[b:112mouem][color=#0000FF:112mouem][size=100:112mouem] "Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."― Albert Einstein[/size:112mouem] [/color:112mouem][/b:112mouem] [b:112mouem][color=#0000FF:112mouem][size=100:112mouem] "Everybody gets so much information all day long that they lose their common sense." ― Gertrude Stein[/size:112mouem][/color:112mouem][/b:112mouem] [b:112mouem][color=#0000FF:112mouem][size=100:112mouem] "Don't believe everything you read on the internet" ― Abraham Lincoln [/size:112mouem][/color:112mouem][/b:112mouem]:13050.gif

Quote: Taverner "
On another note, if we are playing the game to the rules, it was 100% a deliberate knock on by the Dewsbury winger on the last play of the game and it should have been a penalty to Fax, but that's just the way the cookie crumbles!'"

Yep certainly was. I just wonder if anyone who has it on tv can watch the kick through in the last 2 minutes where the Dewsbury player kicks it and it richochets off our player and the Dewsbury player comes up with the ball, first thing was the Dewsbury player offside at the kick and was he within 10 yards of the player it hit? For me we wernt getting a penalty for a deliberate knock on but my initial view of that kick was it should have been a penalty to us for the Dewsbury player been offside and within 10 metres when it hit our player. Would be interested if someone could confirm or not.

RankPostsTeam
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2023Mar 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2690.jpg

I think there's a lot to criticise the ref for. There always is but in the main the defeat lies with our own poor performance. There's no getting away from that. I don't think it's season ending though. We have to make that top spot our own from here on in. It's going to be tough - and so it should be. Something won with sweat and tears is far more worthy.

Up the Fax!!!

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1999
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
35006_1638866888.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_35006.jpg

We didn't deserve to win, but it should have been a penalty for the deliberate knock-on in the last play of the game.

76 posts in 6 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin
76 posts in 6 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.41015625:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Salford H
Dave K.
7m
Play-offs
Deeeekos
7m