Oct 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2019Nov 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
10674.jpg
:10674.jpg

Quote: henry oulton "think they might have resigned because in order to maximise use of the shay the council i've heard are looking into installing an all weather surface ,whilst this will please the footie club giving them an advantage over teams not used to playing on it and less postponements ..it could (perhaps) seriously affect fax's super league application and provide the r.l. with the excuse they need not to admit us .think widnes played on plastic or considered installing it a few seasons ago'"

Where you get this stuff from?
I asked the stadium manager Russell about the pitch and he said there is no money to dig up and relay the pitch this year and sort out the drainage problems sadly.
Doubt our over cautious spendthrift Council will spend a load of money on an all weather pitch myself.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach5865No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2019Nov 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
10674.jpg

I understand Graham Clay leaving us but why Howard is leaving have no idea. Not good timing and why?

We need a strong CEO who will make decisions and stick to them and lead from the top. I still feel we wander a bit and whilst heading in the right direction we have room for improvement.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach3124No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2016Sep 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

YOU CAN LEARN FROM THE PAST BUT NOT RELIVE IT.YOU CAN HOPE FOR THE FUTURE BUT CAN NEVER BE SURE THERE WILL BE ONE.:

Quote: Officeboy "A supporter's position on the board? The people on the board [iare[/i supporters!

With the single exception of the Football Director, all began watching from the terraces, and that goes for most of the people who work in the office and in other official capacities, so what purpose would one elected by a lottery serve?

If you're thinking they'd add the 'ordinary supporter' voice to proceedings then think back to what a waste of time the last lot who were 'elected' in the 'community club' era were. They were like the committee of a Working Mens' Club who just wanted shiny badges and free tickets - and to know how much all the players were on.

The only 'ordinary' people who did add value other than financial were Dave Turner and Steve Lambert, who were brought in during the late 90's as 'Associate Directors' for their specific expertise rather than money, Dave did sterling work with the junior ranks and Steve upped the commercial offer. If the board are a bit short on numbers, and in the absence of people with cash to buy a seat, it's folk like those two who are needed, not one of the 'barmy army', however passionate and loyal they may be.'"

I agree with you about the present board they are all fans and I do not think anyone is knocking them at all, I for one have enormous repect for them I think the fans are genuinly concerned and are only trying to think of things that may help out so I don`t see why you should speak about "The Barmy Army" in the most disparaging of ways. I take exception to your remarks re` "the last lot of the elected community club " the last elected member was Dave Durbin and I thought he added a great deal to the club .You also mention these people with cash to "buy" a seat well the Supporters Trust who David represented have handed over a considerable amount of cash to the club since it`s conception and are still doing so despite loseing their seat on the Board.I think the group has been an enormous help to the club and whilst I am not saying the "Trust" should have an automatic right to a seat on the board I do think that the Tust member voted in by Trust members brought a good deal to the "table" (before he resigned due to work commitments) and I for one would again trust our fans (yes including the Barmy Army) to vote the right person to represent our fans at the "table" alongside others.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member1222
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jan 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
3253_1358445319.jpg
Officeboy. Saying the opposite of everyone else just to get attention since 2002.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_3253.jpg

I'm not being disparaging about the barmy army - I merely used them as an example of 'ordinary' supporters. I in fact mentioned them being passionate and loyal.

Neither am I knocking the good work and raising of money that the Trust does. it's just that ultimately (in my humble opinion) the trust is just the same as the supporters clubs that nearly all clubs have and raising money for the club is what they do. The trust was formed to buy a seat on the board if I remember rightly, to represent 'ordinary fans' I've always been surprised that directors didn't take offence at the insinuation that there has to be somebody amongst them 'policing' them, reporting back and protecting 'the club' from them. Maybe they did.

All I am saying is that Michael Steele, Ian Croad, and Steven Bonfield are supporters, and I question the principle being put forward that 'the fans' need any further representation when it's fans that are on the board as it is!

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4240No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2023Jul 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
24148_1315916334.jpg
[quote="OFFTHECUFF":1xb0p6sn] Wish i could watch a team like Leigh. :CLAP: [/quote:1xb0p6sn] [quote="Steve":1xb0p6sn] Dislike Leigh with a passion, but they are a million miles ahead of any other club in this league, a sad fact. [/quote:1xb0p6sn]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_24148.jpg

Quote: Officeboy "I'm not being disparaging about the barmy army - I merely used them as an example of 'ordinary' supporters. I in fact mentioned them being passionate and loyal.

Neither am I knocking the good work and raising of money that the Trust does. it's just that ultimately (in my humble opinion) the trust is just the same as the supporters clubs that nearly all clubs have and raising money for the club is what they do. The trust was formed to buy a seat on the board if I remember rightly, to represent 'ordinary fans' I've always been surprised that directors didn't take offence at the insinuation that there has to be somebody amongst them 'policing' them, reporting back and protecting 'the club' from them. Maybe they did.

All I am saying is that Michael Steele, Ian Croad, and Steven Bonfield are supporters, and I question the principle being put forward that 'the fans' need any further representation when it's fans that are on the board as it is!'"

Do the people you state actually communicate with the fans and represent them though? Genuine question as from what has been said that is what seems to be wanted/needed at the moment.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member1222
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jan 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
3253_1358445319.jpg
Officeboy. Saying the opposite of everyone else just to get attention since 2002.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_3253.jpg

Quote: Nozzy "Do the people you state actually communicate with the fans and represent them though? Genuine question as from what has been said that is what seems to be wanted/needed at the moment.'"

Communicate with the fans and represent them? How do you mean represent them? They want what we all want and that's a financially viable club with a competitive team playing in Super League, and if that's what fans want then I'd say they represent them by working towards that goal.

And I'll bet they communicate with fans as much as any board does. There are always confidentialities to be respected and there will always be things we supporters don't get to know about, but that applies to every club and every business.

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman25865
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
1013_1274975796.gif
Black [color=red:1mjyx80j]Red[/color:1mjyx80j] [color=blue:1mjyx80j]Blue[/color:1mjyx80j] [color=green:1mjyx80j]Green[/color:1mjyx80j]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_1013.gif

Having thought about this I dont see it as been as bad news as people make out

As CEO Graham Clay was an employee of the club, his salary paid by the RFL (unless ive been hugely mistaken). Whilst he was a valuable asset and did some good work he can be replaced, may not seem like it but when the CEO position is advertised there may well be some good businessmen available who will be interested in the role.

As for Howard, we know what he's done in the past, he was obviously asked to come back on board and it hasn't worked out for him, credit to him for resigning and not been a hanger on not doing what was expected of him

Lets give it a few weeks and see what happens before judging or making up silly rumours.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4240No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2023Jul 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
24148_1315916334.jpg
[quote="OFFTHECUFF":1xb0p6sn] Wish i could watch a team like Leigh. :CLAP: [/quote:1xb0p6sn] [quote="Steve":1xb0p6sn] Dislike Leigh with a passion, but they are a million miles ahead of any other club in this league, a sad fact. [/quote:1xb0p6sn]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_24148.jpg

Quote: Officeboy "Communicate with the fans and represent them? How do you mean represent them? They want what we all want and that's a financially viable club with a competitive team playing in Super League, and if that's what fans want then I'd say they represent them by working towards that goal.

And I'll bet they communicate with fans as much as any board does. There are always confidentialities to be respected and there will always be things we supporters don't get to know about, but that applies to every club and every business.'"

Basically yes and yes then? icon_smile.gif

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner81No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2023Sep 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Brew
You made a comment that Graham Clay was paid by the RFL and not the club. Please tell more? Why would the RFL pay for our CEO? or do they pay all clubs. It just seems a bizarre situation that the RFL would pay the salary of the boss of Halifax.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach688No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2012Mar 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
40304.jpg
IF LOVING FAX IS WRONG I DON'T WANT TO BE RIGHT:40304.jpg

]Brew
You made a comment that Graham Clay was paid by the RFL and not the club. Please tell more? Why would the RFL pay for our CEO? or do they pay all clubs. It just seems a bizarre situation that the RFL would pay the salary of the boss of Halifax.

You have the words and RFL in the same sentence and therefore have answered your own question. icon_lol.gif

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach5865No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2019Nov 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
10674.jpg

Quote: Officeboy "A supporter's position on the board? The people on the board [iare[/i supporters!

If you're thinking they'd add the 'ordinary supporter' voice to proceedings then think back to what a waste of time the last lot who were 'elected' in the 'community club' era were. They were like the committee of a Working Mens' Club who just wanted shiny badges and free tickets - and to know how much all the players were on.'"

Now that is one of the issues that the club need to sort out - Freebies and 'hangers on'.
If I was to ask people to be honest and say if they get free tickets to games and into the Sponsors Lounge etc... (I am not on about from sponsors but somebody who pays NOTHING to the club at all but expects because they were something at the club or did something for them for free some years ago) my guess is there will be quite a few - why?

TRUE fans of a club be they fans on the terraces or in the Board room back their club financially as well as being at matches. We have some great people at the club who give many hours for free but nobody should expect everything for free forever as the club is not big enough and needs us all to 'chip in' by buying season tickets etc...
We do not have an Uncle Des or Eddie Stobbards type of sponsor, we can only compete if we ALL help.

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman6569
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
287.jpg
AM I RIGHT? I'M NOT WRONG!:287.jpg

I can understand the idea of bringing a supporter "from the terraces" to represent the fans in the board room. I'm not denying the current directors aren't true supporters of the Club, of course they are, but you can see why your match day flat capper has suspicions of the "business man" type director. In the past we've been lied to .... a certain person with the initials N W being the biggest culprit. He said he would take on board a nickname voted by the fans to take us into SL. But he stuck 2 fingers up at us and came up with his own damaging idea. Then he said we were in a "strong financial position" but then we went bust just several months later. Lies lies lies. And he lied to the club's creditors saying "the cheque is in the post". Yeah, let's bring those suckers down too. Not forgetting the buckets passed round the terraces and the "buy a brick" fiascos, robbing fans of their cash.

I appreciate there has to be confidentiality to a certain extent, like players' contracts for example, but there has to be total continuous transparency regarding the club's finances. Maybe a non business man representative on the board would at least make the man on the terraces a tad more comfortable.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member16601No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2024Nov 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
cartoons/WB181.gif
:cartoons/WB181.gif

This may be a positive for you, old board move away for new money type thing.

Alternatively it could see the buckets and tins appearing again.

All the best anyway.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2478No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2013Jul 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
46422_1350152676.jpg
Watch out the Fax are coming:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_46422.jpg

I am sure it will all come clear this week and I am not too concerned.

I cant see any financial difficulties as the last balance sheet although not brilliant wasn't showing any significant financial exposure.

The club hasn't squandered any money, players in have replaced players out. The obvious negatives were lack of pre-season income and the downfall of our major sponsor but a good solid cup run and the new signing of sponsors should more than mitigate this.

I think the club is on a sound sustainable footing at the moment which is credit to BODs and of course us the Fans.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach9502
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
13050.gif
[b:112mouem][color=#0000FF:112mouem][size=100:112mouem] "Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."― Albert Einstein[/size:112mouem] [/color:112mouem][/b:112mouem] [b:112mouem][color=#0000FF:112mouem][size=100:112mouem] "Everybody gets so much information all day long that they lose their common sense." ― Gertrude Stein[/size:112mouem][/color:112mouem][/b:112mouem] [b:112mouem][color=#0000FF:112mouem][size=100:112mouem] "Don't believe everything you read on the internet" ― Abraham Lincoln [/size:112mouem][/color:112mouem][/b:112mouem]:13050.gif

Quote: Fax4Life "Now that is one of the issues that the club need to sort out - Freebies and 'hangers on'.
If I was to ask people to be honest and say if they get free tickets to games and into the Sponsors Lounge etc... (I am not on about from sponsors but somebody who pays NOTHING to the club at all but expects because they were something at the club or did something for them for free some years ago) my guess is there will be quite a few - why?

TRUE fans of a club be they fans on the terraces or in the Board room back their club financially as well as being at matches. We have some great people at the club who give many hours for free but nobody should expect everything for free forever as the club is not big enough and needs us all to 'chip in' by buying season tickets etc...
We do not have an Uncle Des or Eddie Stobbards type of sponsor, we can only compete if we ALL help.'"

Freebies and Halifax RLFC, never. icon_lol.gif More free tickets coming out of that office than I don't know what. Only problem is that they go to people who would pay in every week anyway. Funny in the diners section home and away it's usually a who's who of hangers on on free dinner tickets, which usually also includes people who work for the club for 'free'.

133 posts in 10 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin
133 posts in 10 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

6.34716796875:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Leigh it is
MattyB
9m
Rumours thread
Trojan Horse
12m