JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2017Feb 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
46669_1419854573.jpg
And Behold, a pale horse. And on his back his name was death. The weekend starts on a Monday.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_46669.jpg

Quote: HXSparky "It was a game that the losing team would be disappointed with, but it was a game that I've enjoyed most for quite a while. Perhaps felt a little different with 5 minutes to go and 5 points down...'"

Well said,

Walked out with a couple of Batley fans, we had a laugh at the scuffle and one of them said "I don't mind losing if we play like that"
That's what sport is about, never mind moaning and groaning, it's a game, lets enjoy it.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1999
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
35006_1638866888.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_35006.jpg

In the East Stand, the Batley supporters (there were quite a few) were very generous in support of their team after the game (which does say something about us as well!), and no hint of any animosity between anyone either.

I'm getting confused what folk expect now. We're a very decent Championship team, have some cracking players at our level, and (the last few games apart) have delivered the goods. It's not as exciting (both good and bad!) than the Calland days, and we really do need to build towards 2014/15/16, but we need to put faith in our BoD to get us in the right place, right time.

RankPostsTeam
International Star4487
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Third v Fourth, the lead changed hands 6 or 7 times during the game, 53 points scored and the result was still in doubt untill the final hooter.

What's to complain about from today.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach6698No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2017Feb 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
46669_1419854573.jpg
And Behold, a pale horse. And on his back his name was death. The weekend starts on a Monday.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_46669.jpg

Quote: faxcar "Third v Fourth, the lead changed hands 6 or 7 times during the game, 53 points scored and the result was still in doubt untill the final hooter.

What's to complain about from today.'"

The backroom staff were sheite!
icon_biggrin.gifANCE:

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman1309No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2020Oct 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

C'mon guys lets not get carried away because of a result... I'm chuffed we won and had we lost ill still be there cheering them on. However for 70 minutes of that game we were playing dumb, boring rugby with little to no invention from the three pivots with ball in hand. Our attack was pretty flat but our defence in the main barr a couple of brain f@rts kept us in the game. A better attacking side would probably have been comfortably ahead against us by HT.

I still genuinely believe KH has done as much with Fax as he probably can and today could very easily have been a defeat and i personally think the best team lost, but thats sport!! Again we had a chopped and changed side which has managed somehow to snatch victory out of the jaws of defeat. I thought we were poor barr the last 10 minutes and the referee should be thanked for taking Fieldhouse out as Patterson more than had a hand in our two final tries which I doubt Fieldhouse would have.

I'm delighted we won but let's not get ahead of ourselves and think that we are now world beaters again. I will always take a win but we were poor for most of the game.

RankPostsTeam
International Star1649No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2014May 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Black Backgrounds/Fozzie%20Bear.gif
:Black Backgrounds/Fozzie%20Bear.gif

In the end we deserved it. Well done Fax. Hopefully this will gove the lads the confidence to kick on!

Some people in the ground and on this forum need to support the lads abit more.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1999
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
35006_1638866888.jpg

Quote: SIMMSFAXTEDDY "In the end we deserved it. Well done Fax. Hopefully this will gove the lads the confidence to kick on!

Some people in the ground and on this forum need to support the lads abit more.'"

eusa_clap.gif eusa_clap.gif eusa_clap.gif eusa_clap.gif eusa_clap.gif

RankPostsTeam
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2020Oct 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

What so people having a different opinion constitutes not supporting the lads...?? Get a grip. 1700 people in the ground tells you we are still getting behind them after a month with very little to shout about. Those cracks we all moaned about haven't suddenly disappeared....

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member18789No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2023Mar 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2690.jpg
:2690.jpg

Quote: chris_smith "What so people having a different opinion constitutes not supporting the lads...?? Get a grip. 1700 people in the ground tells you we are still getting behind them after a month with very little to shout about. Those cracks we all moaned about haven't suddenly disappeared....'"

Smith - I find myself agreeing with too many if your posts.

Stop it.

RankPostsTeam
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2020Oct 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Rich you know it makes sense.....

RankPostsTeam
International Star4487
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: chris_smith "C'mon guys lets not get carried away because of a result... I'm chuffed we won and had we lost ill still be there cheering them on. However for 70 minutes of that game we were playing dumb, boring rugby with little to no invention from the three pivots with ball in hand. Our attack was pretty flat but our defence in the main barr a couple of brain f@rts kept us in the game. A better attacking side would probably have been comfortably ahead against us by HT.

I still genuinely believe KH has done as much with Fax as he probably can and today could very easily have been a defeat and i personally think the best team lost, but thats sport!! Again we had a chopped and changed side which has managed somehow to snatch victory out of the jaws of defeat. I thought we were poor barr the last 10 minutes and the referee should be thanked for taking Fieldhouse out as Patterson more than had a hand in our two final tries which I doubt Fieldhouse would have.

I'm delighted we won but let's not get ahead of ourselves and think that we are now world beaters again. I will always take a win but we were poor for most of the game.'"

No ones getting carried away with anything but you can either focus on the good or focus on the bad.

On that point we can't have been that bad otherwise Batley would have been out of site with 10 minutes to go and we wouldn't have had the ability to score twice in three minutes against a good Batley side who have one of the best coaches at the helm and a strong team on the field.

What is to gain from mentioning the same things in every post, eg boring rugby, sack KH, the crowds are down and the board should do this that or the other.

We all have and are entitled to an opinion or a point, make it and move on.

Not being funny or anything and I have thought long and hard about it but we can get carried away by constantly being critical.

As to being world beaters I think that's where some of the problem lies, we never have been but some thought because we are Halifax we would naturaly be better than everyone else in the Championship.

Fact is were not but we have as much chance as most of our rivals as making progress.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1999
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
35006_1638866888.jpg

No they haven't disappeared (the cracks), but there were signs of some Polyfilla being applied today.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member18789No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2023Mar 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2690.jpg
:2690.jpg

I used to rage at Chris Smith's critical posts but it took me a long time to appreciate that he just wants the same as all of us - a successful Fax team. He wouldn't still be here if he didn't love the club deep down. I'm sure our board are aware of the shortcomings of this 2013 side. Long term - I have confidence in their ability to deliver. Halifax RLFC is a bumpy ride! icon_smile.gif

RankPostsTeam
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2020Oct 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Absolutely!! I'm critical because I want us to be the best we can be...!! I'm also honest and don't wear rose tinted glasses. I've worked closely with the BODs previously especially Tony and Croady and know how passionate they are and vice versa...

We as paying customers all have a right to criticise or praise, it's part of the purchase!!

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1999
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
35006_1638866888.jpg

Halifax and the Bulldogs served up a cracking encounter at the Shay, with the lead changing hand on seven occasions before the hosts finally edged home 29-24 thanks to two tries in the dying stages of the game.

HALIFAX 29-24 BATLEY BULLDOGS
by Mark Ward

Kingstone Press Cider Championship, The Shay, 18 August 2013

If anyone connected with the two sides out on the Shay pitch this afternoon had any doubts about their side's commitment, quality or potential as we head towards the Championship play-off round, they were surely dispelled as all 34 combatants played their part in a thoroughly entertaining encounter in the sunshine. Possibly based on the recent history between the clubs, both sides bust a gut to try and secure a morale-boosting victory and it was Halifax that eventually came out on top, although the Bulldogs will feel aggrieved that they didn't head back to Batley with all three points after an excellent display.

The first ten minutes of the match set the tone for the whole encounter - good honest aggression from both packs, and defensive units definitely started on top with some ferocious tackling. The game sprang to life on 11 minutes when 'Fax took the lead with their first meaningful attack - fast hands got the ball out to the left hand side and Batley old boy Wayne Reittie forced his way in at the corner, ably supported by Steve Tyrer's towering touchline conversion. The hosts just about deserved their early advantage, although they nearly came unstuck on 17 minutes when the once-again excellent John Davies chipped the ball over the defensive on the last and flying winger Greg Johnson just failed to haul the ball in.

Halifax extended their advantage with a Tyrer penalty on 23 minutes after a high-shot was called by Mr Merrick, but it was an error by Reittie just two minutes later that gave the visitors a foothold back into the game. The winger's fancy reverse pass attempt went to ground and from the resultant set, Miles Greenwood picked a huge hole in the defensive line to score under the posts against his old club; Tom Hemingway's simple conversion under the posts brought the score back to 8-6.

Having got on the scoresheet, the Bulldogs pushed on and took the game to their opponents with telling consequences on 33 minutes. Former 'Fax favourite Ben Black's angled kick on the last seemed to completely bamboozle the home defence and it was John Davies who reacted quickest to touch the ball down for a try. Hemingway once again converted in front of the sticks allowing the Bulldogs to close out an impressive half-time advantage.

HALF-TIME: HALIFAX 8-12 BATLEY BULLDOGS

After such a tight opening forty minutes, both sides decided to give the ball some air after the break and tries a-plenty followed. The hosts recaptured the advantage on 48 minutes - substitute Lee Paterson skittled the Bulldogs defence with a superb dash and Craig Ashall was in support to score, despite the close attentions of Greenwood. Tyrer added the extras to edge Halifax 14-12 in front, but just four minutes later the Bulldogs struck back to retake the lead. A great carry from Josh Johnson gave the visitors a platform to create the opportunity for Greg Johnson to get the ball down in the corner, leaving a too-difficult conversion for Hemingway.

The points kept coming - on 61 minutes Liam Walmsley failed to halt the momentum of Ben Heaton's excellent try, and two minutes later Gareth Moore brought parity to the score at 18-18 (remember that scoreline?) with a penalty after a high-shot on Jason Walton. With the scores level, no surprises what happened next - Scott Murrell found himself with the freedom of the Shay on 67 minutes and decided to knock-over a drop-goal to put 'Fax back in command.

Still the Bulldogs weren't finished, and they took the lead again on 70 minutes with a try of real quality. Ayden Faal stepped out of a challenge and broke the Halifax line superbly before releasing Greg Johnson on his shoulder to score a spectacular effort. Gareth Moore's conversion put the Bulldogs on the front foot at 24-19, but the hosts refused to yield and on 75 minutes although Paterson's break was checked by Johnson, it was merely delaying the inevitable as Ashall crashed over for his seconf try from close range. Tyrer converted to edge 'Fax a point ahead and in the dying moments, Tyrer's excellent chip was spectacularly downed in the corner by Reittie to seal a spectacular win for Halifax.

A great advert for the Championship and, dare it be said, two sides who still have very legitimate hopes of landing this year's title on this afternoon's display. Roll on the play-offs!

70 posts in 6 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin
70 posts in 6 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.02685546875:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Whitehaven
Wollo-Wollo-
2m
Game - Song Titles
Wanderer
3m