Oct 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2019Nov 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
10674.jpg
:10674.jpg

Quote: urbancarrot "I don't understand all this negativity towards Celtic to be honest.

Lets look at the round of franchising. Who else was the league going to put in instead of Celtic?

Us? Half built stadium and a history of money problems. Until that stand is finished and we can prove ourselves over at the very least a three year period financially then we have no chance (and had no chance last time round).

Widnes? OK they have a backer now and the stadia and fans are potentially there but Widnes were in administartion 6 months previous to the franchise period so why should a club that was so badly run get a place over a well run club? Again they should have at least a three year probation period were they can prove that they are financially sound and that they won't go belly up chasing the dream. I can just hear the screams from Widnes fans about our financial plight a couple years ago if we had got the place over them.

Leigh? Again stadia is there (although they were at HP pre-franchise) but not the fans unfortunately and not knowing much about their business plan it obviously was not as strong as Celtics as by the sounds of it they "predicited" their businiess plan with the move to LSV. Plus they had their chance one time round and failed utterly miserably so other should be allowed to try.

Fev? Same kind of boat as us, stadia is not up to scratch and as they were just coming up from NL2 it was massively unlikely that they could get the finaince together to compete with current SL clubs.

Not sure who else applied but those above were the main contenders against Salford and Celtic and Salford were a shoe in and Celtic IMO edged it over those above.

One other thing is that although they may have had RFL bias backing and as a development team were allowed more overseas players at least they started from the bottom and have worked their way up through the leagues. Why is there not this hatred/bitterness/jealousy towards Catalan who were thrown straight into SL without the franchise system, without going through the leagues and at the expensive of a "traditional", "heartland" club..'"

Er Widnes as apart from the one and only financial collapse they are a sound club with all the boxes ticked.
Salford only have the Manchester thing going for them and their Chairman.
Come on Celtic Crusaders only got in due to them being in Wales, you honestly think they would have got in if they had been in the North of England???
No.

And thats why I get annoyed as the Franchise system is a scoring mechanism with only the 1 point for not having another SL club within a certain radius near you. The rest Celtic Crusaders did not tick i.e. no fans, poor ground, young players in the FIRST TEAM and played so many matches not a one game a season wonder!
So once again how come they were a shoe horn in???

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach521No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2009Jan 1970LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
44822.jpg
Keep St George in my Heart:44822.jpg

do you think they'll last or turn out like paris?

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member9009No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2014Oct 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
3481.jpg
:3481.jpg

Quote: Fax4Life "Er Widnes as apart from the one and only financial collapse they are a sound club with all the boxes ticked.
Salford only have the Manchester thing going for them and their Chairman.
Come on Celtic Crusaders only got in due to them being in Wales, you honestly think they would have got in if they had been in the North of England???
No.

And thats why I get annoyed as the Franchise system is a scoring mechanism with only the 1 point for not having another SL club within a certain radius near you. The rest Celtic Crusaders did not tick i.e. no fans, poor ground, young players in the FIRST TEAM and played so many matches not a one game a season wonder!
So once again how come they were a shoe horn in???'"

It'sclear your bitterness is clouding your judgement on the matter so am not going to get into a big debate with you about why the two teams accepted were the right choice.. again..

You need to look at things slightly more objectively, Salford were getting the crowds, they have the financial backing and with that a strong business plan and a new stadium on the way (Ok things seem to have gone belly up now on that but we didn't know that back then). Plus is there another SL club within 20 miles? Or whatever the distance is supposed to be to get the extra franchise points.

Now am not saying Widnes are not sound now but at the time of franchising they had just gone through administration so how can you accept a club who nearly went from exhistance to one over a soundly run club? It just doesn't make sense.

Do I think Celtic would have got in if they were up north? No. But then there won't be a newly formed club up north as that wouldn't be expanding the game would it? You can't expect them to be getting 10,000 gates so soon after forming. Lets put it this way, they have been going 4-5 years compared to our 100+ years and are getting better grounds than us. Go figure. On top of this they have a reserve team, junior set up and have plans for a new stadium so Celtic IMO are here to stay whether you like it or not.

It is upto clubs like Fax, Widnes etc to make our own brand as competitive and strong as the teams in our regions to get us back in SL IMO

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member18789No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2023Mar 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2690.jpg
:2690.jpg

Quote: Fax4Life "So once again how come they were a shoe in???'"

On your thread above, you answered your own question before you even asked the question icon_smile.gif ) then maybe the RFL's priority will be to re-establish the game "oop North" and put the failed policy down to experience. I'm not sure what BskyB will think of that (or whoever else has the TV rights) and that is what will largely dictate the policy going forward.

The only things that "local" clubs can do is perform on and off the pitch to the highest possible standards in order for them to make it hard for the RFL to reject their license bid. That is what we and Widnes and Leigh are attempting to do now, along with Wakefield, Castleford & Salford.

The 715 in attendance at Gateshead last night (the majority of who were hiding from the TV cameras) represents the biggest challenge for the expansion policy. Personally speaking - you just can't plant a sport in a given location and expect it to take off. The locals aren't interested.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member8194No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2015Apr 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
3245_1309285420.jpg
FAILURE ISN'T ABOUT FALLING DOWN, FAILURE IS STAYING DOWN..........:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_3245.jpg

I agree with a lot of what U/C says on this subject. As a business, our club needed a reality check due to previous managements/ boards. Let's be patient and build from within.

Nobody was more hurt than me in 1985 when I was playing colts and a little bit of "A" team rugby at Thrum Hall and being told I wasn't good enough to sign semi-pro, find an amateur club lad and then the Aussie invasion came around that time, but there was no prouder Halifax fan stood on Thrum Hall shouldering the lads on their championship winning celebraation around the pitch, and I'd have sang Waltzing Matilda at Wembley in '87, anything to get us that cup.

The club is in good hands now and is heading in the right direction. Let's forget about other clubs' chances, we can't influence that other than stopping them getting to the next few finals.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach290No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2010Jun 2010LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
45021.jpg
:45021.jpg

i agree, 1st tme postin on here, but its been a long time since we have had as many things goin for us as a club as we do at the minute. we were never ready to renenter super league this time, not even under the franchise system, and i think would have been in the same situation (league position and points wise) as celtic find themselves in now.
much prefer to build slowly from the championship, gaining more support from crowds, sponsorship, and probably more impotantly than anthing respect from the rugby league world(superleague)!
hopefully we can carry on the good work on and off the field over the nxt 2 and half yrs and end up with a geniune chance at gettin back to where a club with our history deserves to be! the top league.....
.....maybe im wrong with this but all i hope is that in three yrs time..wen the clubs like celtic, salford and suchlike in super league at the mo with lets say the weaker criteria...havent strengthened beyond our reach! helped witht the obvious benifits of been where they are at the min(been tv money and higher value sponsors).......

otherwise i can see 'Rugby League' in europe drifting even further apart than it is at the minute...as SUPERLEAGUE and the rest of us!!

all rantin aside tho......come on the fax!!! 1 game at a time

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach5865No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2019Nov 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
10674.jpg

Quote: urbancarrot "It'sclear your bitterness is clouding your judgement on the matter so am not going to get into a big debate with you about why the two teams accepted were the right choice.. again..

You need to look at things slightly more objectively, Salford were getting the crowds, they have the financial backing and with that a strong business plan and a new stadium on the way (Ok things seem to have gone belly up now on that but we didn't know that back then). Plus is there another SL club within 20 miles? Or whatever the distance is supposed to be to get the extra franchise points.

Now am not saying Widnes are not sound now but at the time of franchising they had just gone through administration so how can you accept a club who nearly went from exhistance to one over a soundly run club? It just doesn't make sense.

Do I think Celtic would have got in if they were up north? No. But then there won't be a newly formed club up north as that wouldn't be expanding the game would it? You can't expect them to be getting 10,000 gates so soon after forming. Lets put it this way, they have been going 4-5 years compared to our 100+ years and are getting better grounds than us. Go figure. On top of this they have a reserve team, junior set up and have plans for a new stadium so Celtic IMO are here to stay whether you like it or not.

It is upto clubs like Fax, Widnes etc to make our own brand as competitive and strong as the teams in our regions to get us back in SL IMO'"

Salford were getting the crowds???? Yer right.
You on about that 6K crowd where they let everybody in free?
Celtic are getting more than us 'cos they are in SL and it is their 1st ever season in SL and only their 3rd in existence so the novelty value aint worn off yet.

Not bitter about US not getting in I accept we were not ready just people like you having the opposite of my blinkers on yet never admit it.

Widnes have a far stronger brand than Celtic Crusaders and I bet so do we - people know Halifax as a RL town still even now!

Just please take onboard my point and that is the 'expansion' clubs are in SL NO MATTER WHAT and I have to ask if you were Alan Sugar who would you fire and who would you keep in SL in the long term???
Only Catalans justify being in SL imo
Sorry totally diasagree with you mate, lets agree to differ on this.

RankPostsTeam
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2023Mar 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2690.jpg

Quote: Fax4Life "if you were Alan Sugar who would you fire '"

You're talking a load of toot

icon_biggrin.gif

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach5865No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2019Nov 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
10674.jpg

Quote: littlerich "You're talking a load of toot

Is that a joke?
Its wasted on me if so, if not tootle off

RankPostsTeam
International Star36No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2010May 2010LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

icon_biggrin.gif

RankPostsTeam
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2023Mar 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2690.jpg

Quote: Rugby Is Great "

Banned again ! icon_biggrin.gifOH:

Just seen all you handy work across RLFANS.com. You must be so proud.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2256
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
44937.jpg
[b:2m0ahbwf][i:2m0ahbwf]@sjdors[/i:2m0ahbwf][/b:2m0ahbwf]:44937.jpg

Some people need to read up on what an IP Address is icon_biggrin.gifOH:

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner8296
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2018May 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
6115_1470473355.jpg
[color=#FF0000:1qrpf1cm][b:1qrpf1cm]RFL = FAIL[/b:1qrpf1cm][/color:1qrpf1cm]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_6115.jpg

Quote: The Dors "Some people need to read up on what an IP Address is
And I've just looked to see who else is/has posted from yours. icon_wink.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2256
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
44937.jpg
[b:2m0ahbwf][i:2m0ahbwf]@sjdors[/i:2m0ahbwf][/b:2m0ahbwf]:44937.jpg

Quote: Tortured Soul "And I've just looked to see who else is/has posted from yours.
Im afraid I can only give assurances that we are not one and the same! There again you seem to know your way around a keyboard and already know that icon_mrgreen.gif

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner8296
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2018May 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
6115_1470473355.jpg
[color=#FF0000:1qrpf1cm][b:1qrpf1cm]RFL = FAIL[/b:1qrpf1cm][/color:1qrpf1cm]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_6115.jpg

Quote: The Dors "Im afraid I can only give assurances that we are not one and the same! There again you seem to know your way around a keyboard and already know that
Don't worry, your secret is safe with me....

icon_wink.gif

53 posts in 5 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin
53 posts in 5 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.26318359375:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
RD 25 Hull FC H
christopher
1m
BORED The Band Name Game
Wanderer
2m