JoinedServiceReputation
May 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2019Aug 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2014_1265111444.jpg
Dane Neerriinnnxxxx - Man of steel 2009:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_2014.jpg

Same generic answer for each question thrown at him, the man repulses me tbh for what he stands for and what he has helped create.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2516No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200817 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2015Nov 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
36253.gif
:36253.gif

Quote: chris_smith "I'll learn more tonight from mr Steele but he was basically told he mustn't raise or tackle the fat controller too harshly or the club would feel the wrath of the RFL!! Basically we were gagged'"

But I am not gagged and I will be making our voices heard

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2516No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200817 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2015Nov 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
36253.gif
:36253.gif

Quote: Waddy-Fax "Same generic answer for each question thrown at him, the man repulses me tbh for what he stands for and what he has helped create.'"

Not to mention the state the fat bar steward left our club in. Sill you have to love him for the Blue Sox name.

RankPostsTeam
International Star2016No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2013Jun 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
52085_1326377315.jpg
[img:2z3zihp3]http://i1095.photobucket.com/albums/i478/theboyupstairs/crossfit_logo3.gif[/img:2z3zihp3] [quote="Saddened!":2z3zihp3]You seem suicidal because McNamara hasn't picked your precious Mickey Mac, who's better than Roby, and Darryl 'Meninga' Goulding who makes Jamie Lyon look like an amateur. [/quote:2z3zihp3]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_52085.jpg

Quote: adam "
Only Phil Clarke seemed to grow some balls but he used St Helens as a side that had improved its facilities. . not yet it hasnt We HAVE!'"

i realise many of you are angry, but the big, almost completed stadium i pass most mornings would beg to differ with this point.

RankPostsTeam
International Star3533
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2023Jul 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
51701_1323356561.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_51701.jpg

I am now of the belief that there is no real future for clubs currently not in SL ever getting in there, as in NRL/NFL. They want to focus all the support down to these clubs therefore increasing their incomes at the expense of all others. BUT, people are not that fickle and will not, as a rule, just pack up and go and support another team ( I know there are Fax fans who now follow the Bulls, but they are s).

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach171No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200619 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2015Nov 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: chris_smith "I'll learn more tonight from mr Steele but he was basically told he mustn't raise or tackle the fat controller too harshly or the club would feel the wrath of the RFL!! Basically we were gagged'"

isnt that what happened to leigh /
they make fifa look clean

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach171No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200619 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2015Nov 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

why dont you put a poll up
asking all fans to vote a no confidence in the board of the rl

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach7339No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200718 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2019Jul 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Second home the gym:

Quote: 1teaminWigan "why dont you put a poll up
asking all fans to vote a no confidence in the board of the rl'"

That's a good idea to be honest.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach171No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200619 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2015Nov 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

cant do any harm
sky will have to take notice.

get on all the boards.
nothing to lose
you have my vote
get rid of them who bring in what rl fans want
power to the people

j.c
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach6858
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2019Nov 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

22/03/2013 Get LEIGH outta wigan:

Anyone would think the rfl was a democracy.

RankPostsTeam
International Star139No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2017Apr 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

To start with it's not about stadiums, finance is important. Then finance is significant but it's also about facilities - they don't have a bloody clue themselves! How do we stand a chance.

"it's a credit to those clubs that have got off their backsides and delivered on the promises that they made in 2008" - how many clubs have actually done that?! Fax are one of the few that have.

Then Eddie pipes up with the sole financial backer congratulating him for putting the sport first - yet we've got a club that doesn't run at a loss, is run as a business but that's not worth shouting about cos it's not one man and his wallet?! WTF are this lot on?!
Anyone else more confused than before the announcement?!

RankPostsTeam
International Star11No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2012Sep 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

What confuses me is this. If Wakefield were going to lose their Super League place due to having a poorer application to Crusaders and now it transpires that Crusaders are going to struggle to finish the season let alone carry on for another 3 seasons, how in gods name was the Crusaders application deemed better than Wakefields in the first place? The whole system is flawed or not looked at in any detail whatsoever or clubs are lying in their application!
Although when Mr Indipendent himself is on the panel you can see how it goes wrong. I remember the infamous lets have fans decide on the new Halifax name, vote in the paper and the rest, then ignore it all and call them Bluesox opening us up to ridicule to every other club and news paper headline wrote there on in! for Christs sake this man is now running the game. I wonder if he has still got a garage full of the CD's of that crap song as well?

Nah Nah Nah Nah Nah Nah Nah Nah NahNah Nah Nah Nah Nah Bluesox.

INSPIRED!!!!!

RankPostsTeam
International Star2016No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2013Jun 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
52085_1326377315.jpg
[img:2z3zihp3]http://i1095.photobucket.com/albums/i478/theboyupstairs/crossfit_logo3.gif[/img:2z3zihp3] [quote="Saddened!":2z3zihp3]You seem suicidal because McNamara hasn't picked your precious Mickey Mac, who's better than Roby, and Darryl 'Meninga' Goulding who makes Jamie Lyon look like an amateur. [/quote:2z3zihp3]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_52085.jpg

i did find the interview rather amusing. I thought one question and its non answer in particular were informative.
Question: (and im paraphrasing) "nigel, what mistakes has the RFL made with its expansion policy in wales and the franchising system in general, and what can be done about them?"
Answer: Blah blah blah repeats the usual line about about the amateur game thriving in Wales. Thats all well and good btw. but then goes on to say "(we) THE SPORT need to look at whats gone wrong and learn from these mistakes" WHAT THE ACTUAL FECK??
not only does he completely fail to answer the question. he completely avoids any admition of responsibility, its not "(We) THE RFL" who need to look at the wales expansion policy in particular and franchising in general, its "(We) THE SPORT". when its very much the case that its the RFL who needs to look at this.
Your idea, your mess, your failure. At least admit it and stop trying to rope in the clubs and everyone else involved in the sport to share the blame.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2990
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: fax85 "What confuses me is this. If Wakefield were going to lose their Super League place due to having a poorer application to Crusaders and now it transpires that Crusaders are going to struggle to finish the season let alone carry on for another 3 seasons, how in gods name was the Crusaders application deemed better than Wakefields in the first place? The whole system is flawed or not looked at in any detail whatsoever or clubs are lying in their application!
Although when Mr Indipendent himself is on the panel you can see how it goes wrong. I remember the infamous lets have fans decide on the new Halifax name, vote in the paper and the rest, then ignore it all and call them Bluesox opening us up to ridicule to every other club and news paper headline wrote there on in! for Christs sake this man is now running the game. I wonder if he has still got a garage full of the CD's of that crap song as well?

Nah Nah Nah Nah Nah Nah Nah Nah NahNah Nah Nah Nah Nah Bluesox.

INSPIRED!!!!!'"

Maybe it wasnt.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach336No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Why did any of us get conned into even slightly believe we might have got the nod. The licensing process is just a charade to make it look like everyone has got a fair chance. In reality it is just a red-tape process when the outcome is already known. They even change the rules along the way to ensure their preferred outcome is achieved. And history of the process proves this

The first licensing – if you had been in administration then you were not wanted (supposedly) – this really meant a safe passage for the preferred Welsh and Salford, sorry Manchester clubs over Widnes. But Mr O’Connor then offered them guarantees should Widnes get the nod which they couldn’t overlook. So lo and behold once the on-field box had been ticked the RFL announce that a championship club will definitely be promoted next time. But how can that make sense - what if the existing SL clubs all had better bids. And had Widnes not ticked that box, what’s the betting that they wouldn’t have made this decision? And that they don't stick to it next time around!

Then another rule change mid franchise – if you go into administration, not only do you no longer get kicked out immediately you can still apply for a new franchise. All to protect their expansion clubs, when both were rumoured to be on the brink at the time. But they shot themselves in the foot as by making this change it meant they had to apply same rules to Wakey.

And then to Fax and why the encouragement by the RFL for us to apply. All part of the charade to make it look like there was a contest. Why can’t they just be honest with us - whilst Bradford and Davyfield are there, we won’t be considered.

And then we get the guff about improving the game –

They say we are producing more home grown talent – what? Where did the players come from before, did they just drop from the sky. So SL clubs don’t still sign players either not good enough for the NRL or at the end of their NRL careers? And usually fill key positions with them. And internationally we haven’t closed the gap and are no nearer beating the Aussies then we were in the late 80’s.

The games profile is worse now than ever. We don’t have any household names like Hanley, Offiah, Edwards, Farrell that non RL fans will have heard of. We can’t even fill a 20,000 stadium for a game against the Aussies, I remember us getting 60,000 plus at Wembley and two 40,000 plus gates at OT and Elland Road in the same series pre SL!!

We get told that the SL chairman have the best interests of the game at heart. Rubbish - they are only concerned about preserving their clubs place in SL and why shouldn’t they? And they have created a feeling of “I’m alright Jack” amongst SL clubs and fans. Amazing how some of these believed in promotion when they needed it to get in SL (and without the salary cap restraints the Championship clubs have now), but now favour franchising and dictate on how many clubs can join their party. But when the likes of Davy no longer want or are able (or are no longer around) to put money in, I guess their views will change.

66 posts in 5 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin
66 posts in 5 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.01806640625:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Round 26 Wigan Away
Once were Lo
Recent
Salford H Moved to Thursday
Zig
Recent