JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 201015 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2014May 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
50297_1331032979.jpg
[color=#FF0000:1cnwwu6w]"WE MUST HAVE COME IN A TAXI!"[/color:1cnwwu6w] [color=#FF0000:1cnwwu6w]Sheffield Eagles - 2012 & 2013 Championship CHAMPIONS #backtoback[/color:1cnwwu6w] [color=#0000FF:1cnwwu6w]Sheffield Wednesday FC - THIS CITY IS OURS[/color:1cnwwu6w] Twitter: @JamesWhaling:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_50297.jpg

Quote: EAGLEBLADE II "If you dont want him,Id have him back,Wouldnt mind seeing Menzie with Worrincy at the side of him,Would be interesting,Would be like a black version of "Twins" the film,Menzie would look after him.Is Worrincy like Arnie though?'"

I wouldn't have him back, he still can't catch and he didn't attempt to tackle Menzie once.

Although his pass to Scott Turner for our 4th try was sublime icon_lol.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1030No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 201015 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2014Jul 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

www.dogwalkingsheffield.co.uk:

To be fair i dont think id attempt to tackle Menzie.

RankPostsTeam
International Star4489
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Really well played today Eagles nothing but respect again for you guys and at the end I was down at the touchline applauding your guys as well as well as our own.
Great bunch of lads from Sheffield today who got behind the team and new how to celebrate and enjoy themselves during the match.
Credit to the game the lot of you. icon_thumb.gif icon_thumb.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1030No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 201015 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2014Jul 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

www.dogwalkingsheffield.co.uk:

What a nice thing to say icon_thumb.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach3040No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 201015 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2014May 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
50297_1331032979.jpg
[color=#FF0000:1cnwwu6w]"WE MUST HAVE COME IN A TAXI!"[/color:1cnwwu6w] [color=#FF0000:1cnwwu6w]Sheffield Eagles - 2012 & 2013 Championship CHAMPIONS #backtoback[/color:1cnwwu6w] [color=#0000FF:1cnwwu6w]Sheffield Wednesday FC - THIS CITY IS OURS[/color:1cnwwu6w] Twitter: @JamesWhaling:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_50297.jpg

Quote: faxcar "Really well played today Eagles nothing but respect again for you guys and at the end I was down at the touchline applauding your guys as well as well as our own.
Great bunch of lads from Sheffield today who got behind the team and new how to celebrate and enjoy themselves during the match.
Credit to the game the lot of you. Cheers mate, appreciate it!

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2028No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2014Feb 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
47701_1315258172.jpg
[b:31hx9u4p]#Fax2012[/b:31hx9u4p]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_47701.jpg

We can't take this season out of context, it's been hugely competitive and we've managed to win the NRC and we've improved our position in the table despite there being so many tough teams. And also we have been RAVAGED by injuries all season, so I appreciate there is disappointment with certain areas but overall I think we've done very well considering everything that happened in the off season.

The two big areas that need looking at next year have to be our defensive line speed and our attacking style (moves and running lines) which have both been fairly poor overall this year.

We need to bring in some new playmakers, bring in some competitiveness. Ideally an out an out half back, another 9 and a player who can fit both roles like Beswick for example. I do like Thacks and he is blooming useful but I feel like we're wasting a half back spot with him and that he'd be more suited to 13 where he can roam around as he pleases.

6 - Handforth
7 - New signing
9 - New signing (Ideally a live wire number 9) and Ashall (Rotating)
13 - Thacks
14 - New signing (Halfback/Hooker)

That would give us the variety of playmakers and competition we need and have lacked this season.

The future is bright!

RankPostsTeam
International Star136No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2022Aug 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Overall a mediocre season. Northern rail cup was a good one but still that's the only game really that we played well from start to finish.

I don't actually believe we are lacking creativity. Personally I think it's all down to the coaching. I think if we still had Branighan he would be the exact replica of Handforth. When Calland was in charge I think he concentrated on attack 75% of the time and sort of let the defence suffer. Now if we brought Branighan back he would be a little bit dull compared to what he was back then (by no means was he a fantastic creative stand-off).
So we know what we are going to get with Harrisons coaching - a little dull but aggressive and sometimes entertaining unlike with Calland which was frustrating but very exciting.

Now i'm not slagging Harrison off purely because I believe we do need to improve our defence and in patches I think it has improved slightly but I think the attack really has to step it up a gear next year.

What I think people need to improve next season is;

Running lines & running at the gaps (not the man) learn how to play a little bit more ''off the cuff'' when its needed and just generally improve basic skills.

We couldn't keep hold of the ball today and that let us down, along with plenty of other things.

Aizue, Gannon and Hesketh need to be replaced.
And if anyone says ''Well Morrison will fill one of the gaps''... What happens we get another season long injury and we are down to the bare bones like we have ended up being this season?
Penky certainly needs replacing
Another centre wouldn't go a miss
A half back also.

RankPostsTeam
International Star3533
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2023Jul 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
51701_1323356561.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_51701.jpg

Yesterday was woeful but had been coming, Keighley game we only just got home, and have looked like that for weeks.
Eagles played well yesterday and we were probably out coached but Handforth has to go for me. He takes the speed out of moves that pass to the runner behind is a waste of time and he dare n't attack the line as he's just too slow.
We need a number of players in next year and I'm not sure about Rettie, he's strong but a winger, probably better in 2nd row.
On Worrincy, he may have not tackled Yere but the 4th try he was 3 v 1 so what support was he getting.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2714No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2019Aug 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Others/g23.gif
:Others/g23.gif

Quote: Norman Bates "Yesterday was woeful but had been coming, Keighley game we only just got home, and have looked like that for weeks.
Eagles played well yesterday and we were probably out coached but Handforth has to go for me. He takes the speed out of moves that pass to the runner behind is a waste of time and he dare n't attack the line as he's just too slow.
We need a number of players in next year and I'm not sure about Rettie, he's strong but a winger, probably better in 2nd row.
On Worrincy, he may have not tackled Yere but the 4th try he was 3 v 1 so what support was he getting.'"

I struggle to disagree with anything you said. Handforth just never takes the line on he always just passes the ball as soon as he gets it and not always quick or smart. Rettie just doesnt do it for me at all, he hasnt got the speed or the awareness that Paul White has (and weve let him go). Worrincy is by far one of the best wingers in this division. His defencive frailties yesterday were mostly because he was left isolated. We have spent the last few games just going down the middle, whatever happened to getting the ball to the centres and wingers???

I am hopeful that Karl will bring in a quality hooker and hopefully another half back then, along with the returning sickies we could have a decent squad.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach278
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200916 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2023Oct 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

First things first, sheffield can only beat what was put in front of them, and they battered us. Good luck to them for rest of season.

With respect to Halifax, irrelevant of the ledgend he was as a player, I am not convinced of KH as a coach of [ientertaining[/i rugby league. (yes I know he is up for coach of the year... ) IMO, On this years performance, he isn't even one of the best 3 coaches in this league

I want to convince myself I am in the wrong, but I really cant see where he has dramtically improved us. He can blame injuries as much as he likes, but all teams get injuries; it doesn't help when he signs players with past injury issues like morrison.

It wasn't a secret he was coming, he has built his own team, and basically in a number of cases relied on the "well he did alright for me before, so I will take him to Halifax"; most of the signings he brought in from Batley haven't cut it.

This isn't a gut reaction, I have 3.5 hours travel time on game days, gives me ample time to reflect on what I have seen; we have been very lucky in many games; we played well in the final for a full 80; cant remember many other games when we did that.

What worries me is that unless we have some major new blood, what will change? many of the players who haven't done it consistently are already signed up for next year. Just because your "a name" at this level, you cant rest on your laurels, I think some of our players have.

Get someone in who can change a game... like a penky, a black, a beswick, a holroyd etc etc ... we seem to have lost quality and replaced with average.

I am sure people will fire off at me, but I am entitled to my opinion, even if its not the same as everyone elses...

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman1309No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2020Oct 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Halifax1987 "First things first, sheffield can only beat what was put in front of them, and they battered us. Good luck to them for rest of season.

With respect to Halifax, irrelevant of the ledgend he was as a player, I am not convinced of KH as a coach of [ientertaining[/i rugby league. (yes I know he is up for coach of the year... ) IMO, On this years performance, he isn't even one of the best 3 coaches in this league

I want to convince myself I am in the wrong, but I really cant see where he has dramtically improved us. He can blame injuries as much as he likes, but all teams get injuries; it doesn't help when he signs players with past injury issues like morrison.

It wasn't a secret he was coming, he has built his own team, and basically in a number of cases relied on the "well he did alright for me before, so I will take him to Halifax"; most of the signings he brought in from Batley haven't cut it.

This isn't a gut reaction, I have 3.5 hours travel time on game days, gives me ample time to reflect on what I have seen; we have been very lucky in many games; we played well in the final for a full 80; cant remember many other games when we did that.

What worries me is that unless we have some major new blood, what will change? many of the players who haven't done it consistently are already signed up for next year. Just because your "a name" at this level, you cant rest on your laurels, I think some of our players have.

Get someone in who can change a game... like a penky, a black, a beswick, a holroyd etc etc ... we seem to have lost quality and replaced with average.

I am sure people will fire off at me, but I am entitled to my opinion, even if its not the same as everyone elses...'"

I agree with a lot of what you say, especially concerning our inability to play for 80mins this year and our product on the field which at times I have found boring to watch. I am not 100 convinced about KH myself yet HOWEVER I do think he should not be judged on just this year. With a squad of equal capability we were very poor last year under Calland, so improvements have been made.

There have been a number of changes in playing staff, coaching techniques etc and KH is much more of a disciplinarian too. The first year is always difficult during transition and this needs taking into account. This off season is probably KH's most important as he has some pretty big shoes to fill in terms of Penky and Leigh potentially have stolen a march on us with their squad looking good for next year already.

John Kear is up there as one of the best coaches in the game and he hasn't improved Batley this year really in terms of position etc.

Fev are the bench mark to achieve and unless we step up next year we run the risk of getting left behind unless we challenge in terms of consistency on the field week in week out. Leigh have quickly improved and the others in the chasing pack are in and around where we are.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach330No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2022Apr 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Having supported Fax for almost 30 years I feel that yesterdays performance was one, if not, the worst 80 mins I have witnessed from any Fax Team. It was a disgraceful embarrasing display seen by all Premier Sports viewers. No ideas, with a few exceptions no commitment, by 60 mins we had thrown in the towel allowing Sheffield to score at will. Heaton wasn't fit and only lasted 15 mins, where was Chandler etc. The style between the two coaches was there for all to see. Yes we have won the NRC, but have scraped too many games we should have won with ease. Injuries have not helped but that does not excuse yesterdays debacle.

RankPostsTeam
International Star1649No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2014May 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Black Backgrounds/Fozzie%20Bear.gif
:Black Backgrounds/Fozzie%20Bear.gif

Quote: burybabe "Having supported Fax for almost 30 years I feel that yesterdays performance was one, if not, the worst 80 mins I have witnessed from any Fax Team. It was a disgraceful embarrasing display seen by all Premier Sports viewers. No ideas, with a few exceptions no commitment, by 60 mins we had thrown in the towel allowing Sheffield to score at will. Heaton wasn't fit and only lasted 15 mins, where was Chandler etc. The style between the two coaches was there for all to see. Yes we have won the NRC, but have scraped too many games we should have won with ease. Injuries have not helped but that does not excuse yesterdays debacle.'"

agree 100%

we need to sign big to replace Penky.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach3093
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2017May 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
46702_1414449909.jpg
[url=http://s1337.photobucket.com/user/Iain_Gregory/media/potentialLeythsticker-Copy_zps0ca9f4fb.jpg.html:rz8bd3ag][img:rz8bd3ag]http://i1337.photobucket.com/albums/o679/Iain_Gregory/potentialLeythsticker-Copy_zps0ca9f4fb.jpg[/img:rz8bd3ag][/url:rz8bd3ag] [url=http://s1337.photobucket.com/user/Iain_Gregory/media/tyujy_zpsab3150de.jpg.html:rz8bd3ag][img:rz8bd3ag]http://i1337.photobucket.com/albums/o679/Iain_Gregory/tyujy_zpsab3150de.jpg[/img:rz8bd3ag][/url:rz8bd3ag]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_46702.jpg

You need to sign a decent half back IMO as I belive Handforth would go well at 9 for you next season

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman1309No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2020Oct 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

I've said on another thread we should get someone like Ryan Hampshire on a season long loan from Wigan. This kid is 18 and absolute dynamite. I think he'd ignite The Championship, he's a fantastic little half back!

50 posts in 4 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin
50 posts in 4 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.06494140625:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Game - Song Titles
Boss Hog
2m
Film game
Boss Hog
4m