JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
7000.jpg
"Let only those who enter do so with pride and the determination to uphold the traditions of the club". //www.FaxFans.co.uk //www.halifaxrlfc.co.uk Halifax Tag RL. Interested in playing? Visit //www.pitchero.com/clubs/halifaxcommunityrugbyleague/:7000.jpg

We need to have Johnson and Murrell back in the team at half back for the run in and only change if forced to. Moore has been good but his game doesn't work with Johnson's and Murrell is not a loose forward. Miles offers nothing in attack, his passing game is non-existent and he doesn't seem to back up as often as he used to. Saltonstall to FB, Johnson and Murrell at HB, give it three or four games and we will be back clicking in attack.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach9461
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
13050.gif
[b:112mouem][color=#0000FF:112mouem][size=100:112mouem] "Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."― Albert Einstein[/size:112mouem] [/color:112mouem][/b:112mouem] [b:112mouem][color=#0000FF:112mouem][size=100:112mouem] "Everybody gets so much information all day long that they lose their common sense." ― Gertrude Stein[/size:112mouem][/color:112mouem][/b:112mouem] [b:112mouem][color=#0000FF:112mouem][size=100:112mouem] "Don't believe everything you read on the internet" ― Abraham Lincoln [/size:112mouem][/color:112mouem][/b:112mouem]:13050.gif

Quote: Dbvada "Can someone explain to me where the present "cost of our team" at £750,000 comes from? Are we raeally paying players an average of about £25,000. Or have I missed something?
I know we got good prize money last year, but without the club being open (and they have no reason to be) they could have paid all that to the Board (and I am not saying they did!), at one time didn't the club do an open evening explaining where all the money came from and went?'"

I reckon a figure near 400K might just about cover our team and if JK is to be believed thats still about 250K more than the Batley team. I agree with some points about slow and steady building but its also frustrating after last year added to that the stupid amounts of money that Fev have been offering players and maybe we did not have the 4th biggest budget as maybe Sheffield and Fev might have spent more. Fev have gone e or bust though and Im sure if they miss out on the top 4 they will once again have another run in with the tax man, a couple of losses and a couple of missed payments to players can soon wipe out any great team spirit the same as it did for them last year.

As I said before though I do wonder what the plan is if we miss out on the top 4 leaving a shortfall of maybe 300K on this year.

RankPostsTeam
International Star4749
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
64890_1669714931.jpg
Hear All, See All, Say Nowt. Eat All, Sup All, Pay Nowt. And if Tha ever does Owt for Nowt, Allus do it for Thissen.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_64890.jpg

Quote: The Lucky Black Cat "1. Marshall is a good coach, but has alot to learn especially at this level. However I feel he is the right man for the job and is thinking long term rather than short term. It makes me sick how fickle a number of people are. Every coach we have calls for he is clueless and we are rubbish etc etc. Who else shall we get as coach? Nobody that we can either afford or has the passion and understanding of Marshall. Maybe we can give the guy a bit of a break, instead of constantly over expecting and then moaning! Its rare you can get instant success and we need to build to get where we want to be. Sometimes we will go back-like much f this season. But maybe the team needs this to go forward and see and learn that rather than last year.

2. Probably we need understand that we are not as big or as good as we think we are as a team or club. We have little money and we have no money man. We have a fan base just over 1000 or so. The team itself has been at a similar level to Batley and Featherstone for the past 5 years. We are no bigger or better than either of them. Batley are no lesser club than us as some comments have been made. Last years finish probably has seen us think we are better than what we are. Top 4 was always going to be tough and we are still in it. We got extra money, but wisely in my opinion stayed Part time. The club has wasted money before pretending we are something we are not. This time the club is rightly looking long term and not using DRs- what most if not all want. The results of the long term strategy will be seen in a few years time, not now. The quality and quantity to go FT is not there- look at Sheffields struggles!

3.Personally I am not a fan of this rotation system. I understand players do suffer from tiredness and injury etc. However we need to have a constant team that knows what the others do and what the weakness/strengths are. I think we are struggling with confidence. I feel some players are not good enough and others have maybe not really been great signings for whatever reason.. I feel the team has got caught up in the hype of last year and is trying too hard to get it back. I feel the players/team are looking for gamebreakers and over doing things and forgetting the basics in both defence and attack. Its a fine line at times between getting it right and getting it wrong. I feel the team needs to go back to playing basic rugby and cut the silly offloads and mistakes out and build a platform in attack. I think we are wasting too much energy in defence, because we are making a number of silly errors in attack. If we learn to control the ball in attack and put better kicks in, then it helps us in defence. Control and stability needs to return in the games if we are to improve in any great measure.'"

Excellent post on the whole but....I can't agree with this building foundations for the future attitude. How long have we been in the second division? Not once have we ended up at the top of the league. If clubs like Castleford, Salford, Wakefield and even Huddersfield can sustain SL clubs why can't we? I know that a money man makes a lot of difference, but the half hearted attitude to sport in Halifax doesn't help does it? Without ambition we'll get nowhere. As for this season, we need to get back to what made us so good last year to watch as well as getting results. A settled team with our best players playing from 1to13. The top four isn't gone yet but we aren't half making it hard for ourselves. Up The Fax. icon_thumb.gif

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain273No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 20168 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Hudd-Shay "Excellent post on the whole but....I can't agree with this building foundations for the future attitude. How long have we been in the second division? Not once have we ended up at the top of the league. If clubs like Castleford, Salford, Wakefield and even Huddersfield can sustain SL clubs why can't we? I know that a money man makes a lot of difference, but the half hearted attitude to sport in Halifax doesn't help does it? Without ambition we'll get nowhere. As for this season, we need to get back to what made us so good last year to watch as well as getting results. A settled team with our best players playing from 1to13. The top four isn't gone yet but we aren't half making it hard for ourselves. Up The Fax.
Our club, or any club, will not get into Super League under the present format without finding cash above prize money of over £500,000. Castleford, Salford, Wakey and Hudds, all funded by generous people. Dream if you want to, but let's be real about chances.

RankPostsTeam
International Star309No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 201311 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2024May 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Said it before and say it again we overachieved last season. Other teams have got better and recruited smarter than us. RM still doesn't know his best 13 and tinkers too much with selection, which is having a detrimental effect on team. Just think RM should stick to the same 17 every week and we will see the benefits. Jonno (probably our most exciting player) is in out of team. Last season we had a tight knit group of players. Every player knew their position and was expected of them. The team spirit was better with it been a tight knit group. Just think like Bradford last season our squad is too big and we needed to sign quality rather than quantity. We are crying out for a J Summat and we should have paid what it took to get a player who would have us on the edge of seat. You look at teams like Batley and they name the same 13 pretty much every week. Brambani Walker playing off a better pack. Our pack has been disappointing this season compared to last season. Just not got the cohesion and aggression to get on top of teams. Back to drawing board I am afraid.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1411No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2019Apr 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
45840_1366545260.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_45840.jpg

For all the huffing and puffing and sound bites we ultimately have not kicked from last year.
This is real test for Richard because we cannot rely on 10 match winning runs to salvage seasons every year.
Without over analysing players in public, we all know which ones haven't been as on song as last year, and we all know some of the lads that have come in haven't set the world on fire or gel'd.
The bottom line is though, the results have been poor, the crowds haven't kicked on, and we haven't taken advantage or run with the feel good vibe we had from last season.
I can't help feeling we have missed an opportunity here. Sheffield have had a shocker, Leigh and Bradford both lost their coaches, and we are soul searching and playing disjointed rugby.
Maybe we need go on the road to Keighley again, or Richard needs to go with players and systems that we know work. It might be kicking the can down the road a little, but if we don't start doing something then we're going to be in more than a spot of bother.
He may have tried to take things forward too quickly and with the wrong players. Hindsight is always 20/20 though.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain36No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 20159 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2017Jun 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Same every week lack that bit of spark. Jonno should never have lost the number 7 shirt just because EV2 sponser the kit G Moore should have earned it

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain36No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 20159 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2017Jun 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

sorry did not finish in the last 3rd of the pitch we dont have a clue the little grubber kicks are not there at all. Last season Tyrer and Manu scored a boat load of tries off jonno think we need to get him back in at his normal position on the left hand side let gaz moore try it on the other. I know most people keep saying this but we need to change things fast. it seems that some of the players no matter how poor they play cannot be dropped come on Marshall get a backbone sort it out

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain30No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 20169 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2016Aug 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

I think the same get Jonno back in the halves on the left lets start playing like we know we can. He created so many problems for other teams last season. Move G Moore to accommodate him to the right or the bench? he has done well this year but hes not got what jonno has in last quarter. Come on Richard time is running out UTFAX

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach5865No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2019Nov 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
10674.jpg
:10674.jpg

Quote: The Lucky Black Cat "1. Marshall is a good coach, but has alot to learn especially at this level. However I feel he is the right man for the job and is thinking long term rather than short term. It makes me sick how fickle a number of people are. Every coach we have calls for he is clueless and we are rubbish etc etc. Who else shall we get as coach? Nobody that we can either afford or has the passion and understanding of Marshall. Maybe we can give the guy a bit of a break, instead of constantly over expecting and then moaning! Its rare you can get instant success and we need to build to get where we want to be. Sometimes we will go back-like much f this season. But maybe the team needs this to go forward and see and learn that rather than last year.

2. Probably we need understand that we are not as big or as good as we think we are as a team or club. We have little money and we have no money man. We have a fan base just over 1000 or so. The team itself has been at a similar level to Batley and Featherstone for the past 5 years. We are no bigger or better than either of them. Batley are no lesser club than us as some comments have been made. Last years finish probably has seen us think we are better than what we are. Top 4 was always going to be tough and we are still in it. We got extra money, but wisely in my opinion stayed Part time. The club has wasted money before pretending we are something we are not. This time the club is rightly looking long term and not using DRs- what most if not all want. The results of the long term strategy will be seen in a few years time, not now. The quality and quantity to go FT is not there- look at Sheffields struggles!

3.Personally I am not a fan of this rotation system. I understand players do suffer from tiredness and injury etc. However we need to have a constant team that knows what the others do and what the weakness/strengths are. I think we are struggling with confidence. I feel some players are not good enough and others have maybe not really been great signings for whatever reason.. I feel the team has got caught up in the hype of last year and is trying too hard to get it back. I feel the players/team are looking for gamebreakers and over doing things and forgetting the basics in both defence and attack. Its a fine line at times between getting it right and getting it wrong. I feel the team needs to go back to playing basic rugby and cut the silly offloads and mistakes out and build a platform in attack. I think we are wasting too much energy in defence, because we are making a number of silly errors in attack. If we learn to control the ball in attack and put better kicks in, then it helps us in defence. Control and stability needs to return in the games if we are to improve in any great measure.'"

I agree we have to trust Richard but do share concerns about him chopping and changing the team every week as we do look disjointed.
I don't agree about Batley as whilst they are a well run club which is all down to their chairman, support and ground wise take a look they are much smaller. But I do think we should stop treating them as 'good old Batley we like them' as they are now a major rival, they keep beating us and always seem to turn up when they play us yet they don't do against 'lesser' teams like Swinton and Oldham who they lost to, we are mugs as we go over in good numbers and put probably between £10 and £15k in their coffers with at least half the crowd and lots of money over the bar, they must be laughing their heads off at us lot. I bet us, Fev, Leigh and Bradford's away support pays a big chunk of their wages bill every year but you would say good luck to them at least they own their own ground!
I cannot understand why we keep making daft calls like yet another forward pass in our own half which cost us another try, why did we not do more bombs like Brambani which lead to 2 of their tries (a tactic I hate but it works)? Our kicking game is poor only one came off what has gone wrong with Gaz Moore he is well off his game?
Maybe it will all start to click as we have some good players but right now I cannot see it sadly.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2390
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

We can still make the top 4 but im not sure we can replicate last seasons run in.In terms of wins/losses we are exactly the same as last year at this stage P13 W7 L6 PTS F 335 A 239 This Year W/L The same Pts For 316 A 277. Im sure there will be some more shock results to come.

200TH Career Appearances at Batley for Miles Greenwood,Will Sharp,Adam Robinson well done to them.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2390
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: frank1 "We didn't because we know our lads played poorly that day. See you at Blackpool Mick I'll be there both days with Ian and Henry. Im there both days as well as always look fwd to seeing you all

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach13012No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2021Apr 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
15768_1384187582.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_15768.jpg

Quote: bentleyman "Im there both days as well as always look fwd to seeing you all'"

Mick, let us know where you will be?Our tickets are for the North Stand, where are your tickets for?

RankPostsTeam
International Star4749
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
64890_1669714931.jpg
Hear All, See All, Say Nowt. Eat All, Sup All, Pay Nowt. And if Tha ever does Owt for Nowt, Allus do it for Thissen.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_64890.jpg

Quote: bentleyman "We can still make the top 4 but im not sure we can replicate last seasons run in.In terms of wins/losses we are exactly the same as last year at this stage P13 W7 L6 PTS F 335 A 239 This Year W/L The same Pts For 316 A 277. Im sure there will be some more shock results to come.

200TH Career Appearances at Batley for Miles Greenwood,Will Sharp,Adam Robinson well done to them.'"

Really? Three 200 game landmarks in one match, amazing! Sportsman, shudds. Mallinsons Galaxy 3.9% Mmm!

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2390
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: charlie caroli "Mick, let us know where you will be?Our tickets are for the North Stand, where are your tickets for?'"

In West Stand both days am due to arrive in Chav/Cellulite Town about 1-30

49 posts in 4 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin
49 posts in 4 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.38134765625:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Whitehaven
PopTart
22m
Hull KR H
MattyB
27m