Oct 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2019Nov 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
10674.jpg
:10674.jpg

Quote: gingdong "Bloody Helll thought our fans were bad when we lose. You wernt that bad and it was a cracking intreguing game to watch'"

It was not a good game sorry, we NEVER looked like getting it back after you got that 12 point lead on us, we were flat and lacked ideas you picked us off and deserved the win but as a RL fan not just Fax fan it was not entertaning (no sour grapes just stating the facts).

RankPostsTeam
International Star1031No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 201114 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2017Sep 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Waddy-Fax "After each tackle and big hit the fev players acted like they had won super league, they were up for it, how come we werent.

Ive been slightly concerned about us for a while now, we dont beat any decent teams and struggle against so called mid table or lower table teams.

Harrisons blow out on tv doenst fill me with confidence either and I dont even know what our best team is, whats with all the swapping of the wingers, players need game time.

We have zero creativity apart from penky, zero go forward apart from barlow and ambler and apart from fieldhouse who himself was quiet tonight our backs are non existent, patterson last made a break in 2009.

Fevs lines speed in defence was excellent, our lot just waited for the man to come to them in defence.

We look uncoached if im being honest.'"

Dont want to slate Harrison i grew up watching him play for Rovers and i reckon if he watches his interview tomorrow he may feel a bit daft. Karl may not like the way the modern game is going but thats the way it is im afraid, youv to move with the times, and for me it didnt stop the excitement of the game at all

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach5865No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2019Nov 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
10674.jpg
:10674.jpg

Quote: gingdong "Dont want to slate Harrison i grew up watching him play for Rovers and i reckon if he watches his interview tomorrow he may feel a bit daft. Karl may not like the way the modern game is going but thats the way it is im afraid, youv to move with the times, and for me it didnt stop the excitement of the game at all'"

What did he say by the way?

RankPostsTeam
International Star4526
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Fax4Life "What did he say by the way?'"

Don't know mate I have just watched it back and the screen went blank halfway through talking to DP so it never got to KH.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2478No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2013Jul 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
46422_1350152676.jpg
Watch out the Fax are coming:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_46422.jpg

Quote: gingdong "Dont want to slate Harrison i grew up watching him play for Rovers and i reckon if he watches his interview tomorrow he may feel a bit daft. Karl may not like the way the modern game is going but thats the way it is im afraid, youv to move with the times, and for me it didnt stop the excitement of the game at all'"

Totally agree, KHs blow out on Prem Sports was totally misguided.

He basically admitted that DP was a step ahead by playing more effectively to offficials.

Dave Woods was bang on, "forget about the wrestle and slow PTB what about the lack of pushing the ball instead of one out rugby"

I hope KH moves the team on by learning how to attack well organised defences more effectively.

RankPostsTeam
International Star1031No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 201114 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2017Sep 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Fax4Life "Agree about Bowman but not about Fev they are a very good team on paper look again and they have the best half back in our league by miles in baldy boy Finn. Although we never tried to get to him all night we gave him acres of space, maybe once we did but agree they have a good coach, how are they affording all this I often wonder???'"

Its no secret as to how we generate money, dont forget its our ground as are all the bars and food outlets. Just to give you an example our clubhouse on its own took 13k at the cas game and the Blue lagoon £1500. There are another 3 bars plus loads of food outlets, the Rovers board are fantastic at the moment

RankPostsTeam
International Star1031No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 201114 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2017Sep 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Fax4Life "It was not a good game sorry, we NEVER looked like getting it back after you got that 12 point lead on us, we were flat and lacked ideas you picked us off and deserved the win but as a RL fan not just Fax fan it was not entertaning (no sour grapes just stating the facts).'"

That depends on what you call entertaining and whatever floats your boat, i watched that on the telly at home with my dad and we both loved it, blood and snot game

RankPostsTeam
International Star1649No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2014May 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Black Backgrounds/Fozzie%20Bear.gif
:Black Backgrounds/Fozzie%20Bear.gif

a hard fought game.

Fev were miles better on the night and for some reason seemed to want it more!

We made way too many errors and due to that our attack never really got the chance to flow.

i thought when it was 4-18 and Thacks kicked through (poor kick) for them to go to half way (and then score) we were for the 1st time in the game getting on top, we had a roll on, thiangs such as this swing games. RL is all about momentum, and we had 2 mins/80.

i am not loosing faith just yet!

Bring on Sheffield!

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach562No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2017Nov 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
47386.jpg
:47386.jpg

As a coach, Harrison is great at getting a side organised, fit, and playing to a rigid structure. However, he's no plan B whatsoever. When a game is drifting away, he hasn't got the ability to wrestle things back with a change in tactics and gameplan. He proved this last season with Batley and during his time at Salford. In terms of Paul Handforth, I've got to say he was great for us and nobody can argue with that. However, EVERYTHING we did on attack went through him, so he was bound to get a huge proportion of the limelight. He doesn't seem to be responding well to playing a slightly higher profile environment, similar to how he didn't fare well at Featherstone. At Batley, we'd been starved of decent halfbacks until his arrival. Therefore he was given a lofty pedestal, and mistakes were forgiven and balanced out with positives.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2077No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2018Jan 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: gingdong "Bloody Helll thought our fans were bad when we lose. You wernt that bad and it was a cracking intreguing game to watch'"

Even the commentators said it was a dour game. Both sides kept dropping the ball and Fax played one man rugby. One man rugby is boring. I said similar last week when we won. The wingers rarely get the ball unless from kicks or scoots. The intensity was not there between the sides as Fev was way better in all departments.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach133No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2015Aug 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Couldn't make it to the game last night but i'm glad we have got through a tricky tie. I've always said that if Fax get on a roll you're unstoppable and bloody good to watch.It sounds like last night we had you wrapped up and that is a good effort from our team.
This wrestling nonsense is a smokescreen. Most of it takes place before the taclke is complete and is perfectly legal. If it slows the attack down then why not use it?
I know you've not been firing on all cylinders recently but you are still up there and the season certainly isn't over by a long way.

RankPostsTeam
International Star4754
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
64890_1669714931.jpg
Hear All, See All, Say Nowt. Eat All, Sup All, Pay Nowt. And if Tha ever does Owt for Nowt, Allus do it for Thissen.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_64890.jpg

Quote: FFA "Trying to do something isn't really the same as doing something, i just don't think the lad will go further in the game.

Handforth and Thackeray have been found out big time this season in the tough games, the forwards were greatly superior to the backs tonight and that's saying something. They don't bring their 3/4 or second rowers into play, fieldhouse is never put away like royston was, they are both desperately average championship players and we are craving some quality loanee halfbacks from somehwere'"

Spot on!

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2714No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2019Aug 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Others/g23.gif
:Others/g23.gif

Quote: phil stone "Couldn't make it to the game last night but i'm glad we have got through a tricky tie. I've always said that if Fax get on a roll you're unstoppable and bloody good to watch.It sounds like last night we had you wrapped up and that is a good effort from our team.
This wrestling nonsense is a smokescreen. Most of it takes place before the taclke is complete and is perfectly legal. If it slows the attack down then why not use it?
I know you've not been firing on all cylinders recently but you are still up there and the season certainly isn't over by a long way.'"

There is no problem with the ones before the tackle is complete, its the ones on the ground that wind up the fans. Fev held down from tackle one, it gave them time to get back into line and ready for coming back on the play of the ball. Fair play though, it was obviously a coached ploy and if the ref let's the team get away with it then its effective.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member4146
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2022Apr 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

She carries on through it all...... She's a Waterfall:

Part of the game Bob. It's a skill as you rightly say that, if coached well allows your line time to set.
Get it right and it effectively slows down the opposition.
All teams do it. Just that last night Fev did it better than Fax did! You could argue that given the amount of penalties conceded we didn't do it that well like but ya gets the drift.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach34
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2024Jan 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Let's keep a sense of perspective on this. Featherstone were excellent and we were not on this occasion. It is disappointing but really not the end of the world.

Have we all forgotten how we played at POR when roles were reversed? Featherstone have reacted to their poor performance since then and we will do the same.

We started the season well - someone said somewhere better than expected in view of personnel changes - and I'd agree with that. However, we are playing average at the moment, which is still good enough to deal with a lot of teams. Featherstone were on top of their game tonight. Remember, it is how you end the season that counts.

Have faith in Karl.

64 posts in 5 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin
64 posts in 5 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.06005859375:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
DoR - New Coach - Investor & Adam - New signings
ComeOnYouUll
Recent
ALL NEW 49ERS ERA LEEDS UTD THREAD
tad rhino
FORUM