FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

FORUMS > Halifax Panthers > Official Discussion: Rent Issue!
367 posts in 25 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2572No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2017Nov 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: gizempo "I find the amount of animosity between the 2 clubs and sets of supporters totally bizarre. Neither club can be proud of their financial matters over recent years, but to keep looking back is pointless.

Personally I just don’t get it! We have 2 clubs who play in different sports so they don’t directly compete with each other and therefore in that regard are not a threat to each other. They both represent the same town, and use the town’s name. They both play in the same colours at the same venue and both are not getting enough people through the turnstiles. History is history, I just can’t believe in this modern day the clubs are not doing more to work with each other, economise, be more efficient, e.g. one marketing team, shared promotional and fundraising events, explore joint sponsorship deals, a shared retail outlet. And maybe more clout to get the council or stadium owners to provide facilities fit for both teams.

Instead, we have the petty minded point scoring against each other, fans obsessed with the other club more than their own teams performance, wanting the other club to fail (when in fact both really need the other to succeed).'"

eusa_clap.gif eusa_clap.gif

RankPostsTeam
International Star4487
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

DM all that changes nothing regarding the outcome or what it has to do with you and reinforces what you are doing, clinging to anything you can to attack the rugby club from a biased perspective.

They are not my directors as in the term "your" but it does show that you are approaching it as a Town fan.

This shows where the real division exists in your approach despite your previous claims to be a concerned tax payer and you are part of the division within the community with your approach.

It creates and feeds the Town v Fax mentality for those that will be taken in by it.

You use the term "suggests" which proves you do not know for sure but quickly follow up in saying as if fact that CMBC would be justified using legal action all the while knowing that each party have their own "reserved positions" after having recently consulted with each other and legal action was never even mentioned or intimated at.

Both parties accept that from an internal informed position they have a difference of opinion as it stands now, but will work together towards a resolution.

As above you state that directors have reneged on an agreement but fail to allow for changing circumstances because all you want to do is emphasise what you interpret as negative towards the club.

If you just go with the well expressed views from a small group of Town fans that the rugby club are just a bunch of liars that are skint, all proved by your biased good work you can't go wrong.

I can't accept anything you say as I know why you are really saying it.

RankPostsTeam
International Star4487
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: gizempo "I find the amount of animosity between the 2 clubs and sets of supporters totally bizarre. Neither club can be proud of their financial matters over recent years, but to keep looking back is pointless.

Personally I just don’t get it! We have 2 clubs who play in different sports so they don’t directly compete with each other and therefore in that regard are not a threat to each other. They both represent the same town, and use the town’s name. They both play in the same colours at the same venue and both are not getting enough people through the turnstiles. History is history, I just can’t believe in this modern day the clubs are not doing more to work with each other, economise, be more efficient, e.g. one marketing team, shared promotional and fundraising events, explore joint sponsorship deals, a shared retail outlet. And maybe more clout to get the council or stadium owners to provide facilities fit for both teams.

Instead, we have the petty minded point scoring against each other, fans obsessed with the other club more than their own teams performance, wanting the other club to fail (when in fact both really need the other to succeed).'"

Exactly. The history of BOTH clubs is well known but the difference is one set ( a minority that claim to speak for everyone else) always takes the offensive and goes on the attack leaving no stone unturned while they are doing it and at the same time being less than perfect themselves.

Some choose to ignore it others think why the hell should we just sit and listen to it without a response.

You won't see logic or sense form obsession and extremism and in reality no points are being scored by anyone.

RankPostsTeam
International Star3533
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2023Jul 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
51701_1323356561.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_51701.jpg

It seems the council were so concerned that they did not even manage to have one meeting with the club to discuss the issue.
As a Fax fan this is something I am not pleased about but it seems the BOD had some issues to raise.
Hopefully it will all see a reduction in the amount Fax pay as it will kick a whole hornets nest if Town are made to pay more.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach3124No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2016Sep 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

YOU CAN LEARN FROM THE PAST BUT NOT RELIVE IT.YOU CAN HOPE FOR THE FUTURE BUT CAN NEVER BE SURE THERE WILL BE ONE.:

Quote: Norman Bates "It seems the council were so concerned that they did not even manage to have one meeting with the club to discuss the issue.
As a Fax fan this is something I am not pleased about but it seems the BOD had some issues to raise.
Hopefully it will all see a reduction in the amount Fax pay as it will kick a whole hornets nest if Town are made to pay more.'"

But as Bubba feasibilty study points out neither of us pay enough so I would probably think the Councilors will be glad to have the excuse to put Towns rent up . Is`nt there an old saying about hornets nests ?
Poke your nose into a hornets nest and you will come out with more than a snoutfull of honey.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2143
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2023Oct 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
icons3ae4_files/4583-27sowhat-msnicons.gif
Hope without planning is about as futile as waiting for a harvest without planting ------------------------------------- THE FIRST THING TO MAKE A DREAM COME TRUE,IS TO WAKE UP:icons3ae4_files/4583-27sowhat-msnicons.gif

Quote: Danger_mouse "Faxcar, I'm sorry that it has taken me so long to post this but it came up in a discussion with Nat where he said I'd "filled in the blanks with pure speculation and conjecture", therefore I considered it important. Unfortunately for us CMBC have 20 working days to respond, meaning there has been this delay. You'll be pleased to hear I've not submitted any FOIs since the arrears have been paid; I'm just tidying up loose ends as I feel that is the decent thing to do.

Just for clarity though, CMBC can't lie in an FOI response, so the whole rent dispute issue only appeared after 19th November, so if it is long running no-one at the club bothered to tell the council in an official capacity. Indeed, as the council have a written promise to pay the entire amount, with no amount disputed, suggests they may be on quite strong legal grounds when it comes to collecting the arrears.

Again, this is why Town fans were sceptical of Reactiv's purchase of the ground when all we had to go on was a promise of 'trust me'. Your directors broke a written and verbal promise to pay and didn't have the decency to contact CMBC to say they'd miss the deadline. Replace CMBC witha mortgage company and both clubs would have been out on their ears.'"

What about the one on the 24th February ? That will be out to you on or by the 25th of March.

RankPostsTeam
International Star93No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 201311 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2017Apr 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

best post I've seen in a few months on either forum

RankPostsTeam
International Star67No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 201411 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2015Nov 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Cassandra "What about the one on the 24th February ? That will be out to you on or by the 25th of March.'"

I placed that before I knew the arrears had been paid, and again inspired by a post Nat had made. It asks how much rent has been paid by BOTH clubs since 2011. But obviously I'm only interested in finding a stick to beat Fax with. Of course, if you're fed up with me I can always cancel the request, or not post the results when the answer is published.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach5865No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2019Nov 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
10674.jpg
:10674.jpg

Quote: Danger_mouse "I placed that before I knew the arrears had been paid, and again inspired by a post Nat had made. It asks how much rent has been paid by BOTH clubs since 2011. But obviously I'm only interested in finding a stick to beat Fax with. Of course, if you're fed up with me I can always cancel the request, or not post the results when the answer is published.'"

So how much have both clubs paid since 2011 Mr Dangermouse?

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2572No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2017Nov 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Fax4Life "So how much have both clubs paid since 2011 Mr Dangermouse?'"

You have to wait 2 weeks Jon.Please see thread about new town centre
franchise i'd like a response if poss. ta.

RankPostsTeam
International Star67No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 201411 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2015Nov 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: faxcar "DM all that changes nothing regarding the outcome or what it has to do with you and reinforces what you are doing, clinging to anything you can to attack the rugby club from a biased perspective.

They are not my directors as in the term "your" but it does show that you are approaching it as a Town fan.

This shows where the real division exists in your approach despite your previous claims to be a concerned tax payer and you are part of the division within the community with your approach.

It creates and feeds the Town v Fax mentality for those that will be taken in by it.

You use the term "suggests" which proves you do not know for sure but quickly follow up in saying as if fact that CMBC would be justified using legal action all the while knowing that each party have their own "reserved positions" after having recently consulted with each other and legal action was never even mentioned or intimated at.

Both parties accept that from an internal informed position they have a difference of opinion as it stands now, but will work together towards a resolution.

As above you state that directors have reneged on an agreement but fail to allow for changing circumstances because all you want to do is emphasise what you interpret as negative towards the club.

If you just go with the well expressed views from a small group of Town fans that the rugby club are just a bunch of liars that are skint, all proved by your biased good work you can't go wrong.

I can't accept anything you say as I know why you are really saying it.'"

I'm sorry if the term 'your' offends you when using it to link you and the rugby club. I'm used to classing FCHT as 'my' club because I feel as a fan it belongs to me. I'll avoid using 'your' in the future. However, please don't put words in my mouth regarding my stance.

I've been nothing but complementary in my stance towards the rugby club in general - supporting shared use of the pitch, disagreeing with trolling by both sides etc. However I do have an issue over how the clubs directors have run up a debt, for whatever reason, when one of them was trying to purchase the ground.

I didn't consider the changing circumstances as relevant as the club didn't contact the council in the prescribed time to tell them circumstances had changed, they just didn't pay.

Rather than addressing my points that the bidder for the stadium, whose only selling point was 'trust me', has shown that on big occasions he's not proved to detractors he could be trusted (late payment of rent, deadline promise broken, no link to payday companies, putting in a bid that Steele said he wasn't aware of) you just point and shout 'Fax hater' in an effort to discredit what I'm saying.

If that's how you want to see me then fine, that's up to you. We'll agree to differ.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2077No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2018Jan 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

I have no time for Football/Soccer and think its the most overhyped rubbish out. Also the arrogance of a number of Football fans, especially the lot that follow Halifax Town means I have no time for them or the club or sport. I used to not care ,but the attacks not just on Tony Abbott but more the Rugby Club and the heartbeat of Sport from a number of football fans, has changed things,so that I hope they always struggle. Personally I dont see the need why Football fans are so obsessed with the RUgby club and feel the need to find out so much information. I couldnt care less if Halifax Town owed money and to whom. I couldnt care less who is involved in running them. As said I dont have any time for Halifax Town the fans or the Sport. But I also dont feel the need to go around spreading rumours or going on public forums like the Courier or on here creating problems and making up things.

The RUgby club could have done things better since being at The Shay. But the pathetic actions from the Football club also has not helped. I remeber doors being locked and keys conveniently going missing and the Football club blaming things on the RUgby club instead of looking closer to home. No doubt the Rugby club has helped create a situation where neither club trusts the other and any chance of working much together is remote. Personally I would rather things stay the way things are and Fax concentrate on themselves and not try sharing things which no doubt would end up in arguments as usual-

RankPostsTeam
International Star4487
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

part quote. "We'll agree to differ".

We certainly will.

I don't have to address your points and no one else does because all of it never got to a point where it needed to be by anyone outside Reactiv and CMBC or HRLFC and CMBC.

The crux of the matter from a Town point of view rests with the fact that Reactiv and TA were associated with the rugby club and they could not bide to think about a situation where they owned the Shay and thus had some control over them, they would rather the Shay close first. FACT.

As regards shouting "Fax Hater" look at your own club and forum they are shouting it loud enough.

Here's some typical examples of what is being said using the information you have obtained.

Quote: "Liars liars liars.

The rugby club just can't stop themselves lying, lying to their own fans and the Calderdale public".

Quote: "Set of lying cheating barstewards then! I'm shocked".

Quote: "outstanding work danger mouse, absolutely leaves them standing stark bollock naked in front of their stack of lies, lies and more lies".

No doubt they will be proud of the fact they have said it and having it quoted on here.

Lies!!!!

How can the directors of HRLFC have lied about anything in the FOI when they have never answered any of the questions, they have done the opposite and chosen not to say anything in public concerning these matters.

All the above comments and many more from Town fans are based on their hatred of anything Fax but at least they have the guts to say it as it is.

"Truly outstanding work", sorry we'll have to agree to differ again.

Any discredit you bring it on yourselves.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2415
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
27802_1294412072.gif
Oh hali hali hali hali halifax:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_27802.gif

Bored now, to be fair

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2714No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2019Aug 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Others/g23.gif
:Others/g23.gif

Quote: freddies wig "Bored now, to be fair'"

Me too.

367 posts in 25 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
367 posts in 25 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.03759765625:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Todays match v Saints
just_browny
14m
Salford H
Dave K.
17m