Oct 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2016Jan 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Thats it for me, i´ve had enough.

I´ll support rugby from the Championship down only, I really enjoy a day out at the Grand Final but i ´won´t be going this year, and i´ll not attend any other showcase games. I cancelled skysports sometime ago.

Nor will I be supporting the World Cup next year, if someone can convince me too I might attend the game at the Shay but only to make a point.

It´s not just this, the forthcoming announcement about changes to the Championship with clubs linking up with SL clubs etc, why can´t they leave well alone, its only being done for the benefit of SL not the Championship which they clearly do not care about.

They can´t even give the NRC Final its own day in the fixture list.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner33944No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200421 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2016Mar 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
9005.jpg
kcab sfrawdder Luck is a combination of preparation and opportunity Just to avoid confusion Starbug is the username of Steven Pike SOMEBODY SAID that it couldn’t be done But he with a chuckle replied That “maybe it couldn’t,” but he would be one Who wouldn’t say so till he’d tried. So he buckled right in with the trace of a grin On his face. If he worried he hid it. He started to sing as he tackled the thing That couldn’t be done, and he did it!:9005.jpg

This decision effectively relegates the Bulls to the Championship, the only question needing sorting now is who replaces them?

It is either you ( only club with an application for this round of licences ) or Toulouse?

So, do you want Fax in SL next season? , and if you do, under what conditions?

Do you accept a 2 year guarantee, or insist on a 5 year?

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member559No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2015Aug 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2739.gif
It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, until you lose.:2739.gif

Quote: Starbug "This decision effectively relegates the Bulls to the Championship, the only question needing sorting now is who replaces them?

It is either you ( only club with an application for this round of licences ) or Toulouse?

So, do you want Fax in SL next season? , and if you do, under what conditions?

Do you accept a 2 year guarantee, or insist on a 5 year?'"

If the Bulls are kicked out, there will be no need to insist on a five year licence as they will probably be abolished after the current ones expire.
If they reach a final in their first Championship season, then fat Nige will leave the licencing system.
If they don't I reckon we will see the reintroduction of P&R

RankPostsTeam
International Star287No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 201114 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2015Nov 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

I have read all of the posts on this subject and am inclined to agree with most of what has been written. I think everyone knew that the RFL would step in somewhere after they had said that there could be no conditional offers to the Administrator. Certain facts are self evident. The RFL cares little, if anything, about non SL clubs. They have certain preferences that they struggle to hide. There was no help for Blackpool which was an expansionist club, and yet they have bent over backwards in the Crusaders debacle. They have come up with a solution in the Bradford case which helps the RFL more than it helps Bradford, as the RFL will have got themselves out of a hole that they were digging and it was getting deeper as each day went by.

Is it not time that the Club Chairmen should be unanimous in their action when they sack Nigel Wood and his cronies?

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner81No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2023Sep 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Read the Old Viking message with interest. Agree 100% that the RFL and SLE have zero interest in teams outside the top tier. I would go a stage further and say they have no interest in SL teams outside the top six! Just look at all the teams that have emerged and collapsed in the last ten years. But going back to the Bradford Bulls I do think they have a secured a temporary stayof execution. The RFL and SLE cannot afford to subsidise beyond the short term. Unfortunately for the Bulls they are skint and bankrupt now and nothing is going to materially change in the next few months. They must be hoping for a multimillion to come in over the horizon. Possible but very unlikely; the game all levels is hardly a major profit maker and unfortunately the signs are there for all to see that the situation is going to get worse. For the life of me I can't understand why the various club chairman(they wield the real power NOT Nige) and bit the bullet go back to semi pro status and go back to league based on a regional basis.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1896No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200817 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2015Sep 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
36990.jpg
Dirty Old Town littlerich is a Viking!!:36990.jpg

Could SL clubs have been given some sort of ultimatum? I refer you to a letter written by our late former chairman, the great Tony Chambers after we were denied a license in 2008 stating as much after the London Broncos debacle (don't ask which one)!!

Chambers hits back
Aug 2 2008 by John Lawless, Liverpool Echo

FORMER Widnes Vikings chairman Tony Chambers has written an open letter to Rugby League Express editor Martyn Sadler concerning the allocation of Super League licences.

Writing in last week’s edition, Sadler backed the RFL’s decision not to award a licence to the Vikings, primarily because the club went into administration in October.

Chambers was kind enough to let the Echo have a copy of his responseTo correct a few other facts you say ‘I can’t think of any sporting organisation in the world that would reward a club for defaulting on its debts’.

Is that not precisely what the RFL & Super League did for the then London Broncos when they were liquidated part way though a season? Not only was the new Harlequins company allowed to take a place in Super League without points deduction but Richard Lewis used a threat to ‘review his position’ to force the withdrawal of a vote proposing that if the new company was to jettison the debts of the Broncos it should not be allowed to carry forward the six points that the former club had amassed!
If I look back now and consider whether I and my co-directors made any serious mistakes over the 13 years we fought to rebuild the club and the stadium it was in adhering to stated policies of the RFL and Super League.

We adopted their ‘Framing the Future‘ directive to concentrate on clearing debts and improving facilities rather than spending all on the playing squad. That cost us a place in Super League at the outset and with it a major income stream.

Secondly, perhaps naively, we accepted from day one the RFL statements that any club that went into administration or liquidation would forfeit its membership of the RFL, only to see both Workington and Keighley do just that without any penalty. Hull KR and others followed although Oldham for some reason was singled out for temporary suspension.

In hindsight our biggest mistake was not to put the club into administration in 1997. Instead we battled on, rebuilt our stadium, paid off nearly £1.5m of debts, only to be rewarded by being forced to surrender our place in SL by the admission of Catalans Dragons.

I have great admiration for Steve O’Connor and all he has done for rugby league in Widnes. I also admire his dignified response to such a mystifying decision.

I sincerely hope that his faith in the policies and integrity of the governing bodies will be better rewarded than those experienced during the 13 years I was privileged to serve such a great and historic club.
Yours sincerely,

Tony Chambers

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach5865No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2019Nov 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
10674.jpg
:10674.jpg

Quote: FoxyDread "Thats it for me, i´ve had enough.

I´ll support rugby from the Championship down only, I really enjoy a day out at the Grand Final but i ´won´t be going this year, and i´ll not attend any other showcase games. I cancelled skysports sometime ago.

Nor will I be supporting the World Cup next year, if someone can convince me too I might attend the game at the Shay but only to make a point.

It´s not just this, the forthcoming announcement about changes to the Championship with clubs linking up with SL clubs etc, why can´t they leave well alone, its only being done for the benefit of SL not the Championship which they clearly do not care about.

They can´t even give the NRC Final its own day in the fixture list.'"

Totally agree mate, I won't attend any game (other than the Challenge Cup Final through having an unbroken 30 year run now) to do with SL, I only attend Fax games now but will go to the World Cup game at the Shay to show the RFL that Halifax does support the game of RL but not SLE.

RankPostsTeam
International Star4562
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Me too. In addition to everything that has been said what the RFL are doing now is setting a very dangerous precedent.
In effect they are now saying that because of the Bulls standing in rugby league they should not be allowed to go under even though clearly they have been managed in such a way as to warrant this.

This means that all the top clubs who have prestiges images will also not be allowed to go under, in effect saying yes there are rules and criteria to be met but if you don't well no need to worry because we will bail you out.

That is first of all encouraging certain teams to be less responsible and not be affraid of the consquences and secondly if it is only to be applied to this prestiges group is blatant sporting discrimination.

We will save teams A,B,C,D,E, but not teams G,H,I,J,K etc.

Likewise and correct me if I am wrong the idea that Championship clubs have to disband their own acadamies to take on SL clubs youngsters is effectively saying that all the tens of thousands of pounds you have spent was for nothing and they are saying to hundreds of young prospective rugby league players sorry you are not wanted in our sport your all sacked.
What mesage will that send out to any young lads that have a choice of which sport to take up.
One that says if it was me or my sons don't go anywhere near rugby league.

I will never go to another rugby league game outside of the championship or amatuer level as long as these people currently in charge of our game stay in their positions.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5159
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2024Aug 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
45460_1403798981.jpg
Sheffield Eagles - Back to Back National Champions 2012 and 2013 !!:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_45460.jpg

Quote: faxcar "I will never go to another rugby league game outside of the championship or amatuer level as long as these people currently in charge of our game stay in their positions.'"

Well, let's hope Fax don't replace Bradford in $uper£eague, then. icon_lol.gif

RankPostsTeam
International Star4562
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: griff1998 "Well, let's hope Fax don't replace Bradford in $uper£eague, then.
icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif Nice one Griff but you know what I meant, or do you icon_frustrated.gif and there's more chance of you talking sense or seeing sense than Fax being in Superleague to replace the Bulls if anyone does it should be Fev.

If Fax ever get in I would be supporting them, with every penny going to them and not one penny going to the rfl sponsered events ever.

Griff says. Come on Nigel i'm ready icon_moon.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach79No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 201015 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2014May 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

I'm absolutely disgusted by this. This is a real kick in the teeth for clubs such as mine (Cas) who cut their cloth accordingly to have to pay for a club who knowingly spent up to salary cap when their club was in difficulty. If I was a Bradford fan I would be embarrassed and ashamed. But they're not.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member18789No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2023Mar 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2690.jpg
:2690.jpg

Quote: javachick "I'm absolutely disgusted by this. This is a real kick in the teeth for clubs such as mine (Cas) who cut their cloth accordingly to have to pay for a club who knowingly spent up to salary cap when their club was in difficulty. If I was a Bradford fan I would be embarrassed and ashamed. But they're not.'"

That's the problem the RFL face. Other clubs who've done exactly as you described get put to one side whilst all the stops are pulled out to save a club who did none of that prudence stuff. It is THE most elitist competition in the world right now - a real clique of "top clubs" who stop at nothing to look after their own. The RFL are powerless to stop it.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner8296
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2018May 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
6115_1470473355.jpg
[color=#FF0000:1qrpf1cm][b:1qrpf1cm]RFL = FAIL[/b:1qrpf1cm][/color:1qrpf1cm]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_6115.jpg

If I weren't a RL fan and just an outsider looking in, then I'd be wetting myself with laughter at the shenanigans and apparent favouritism shown by the governing body of this great game. It must be apparent to everyone outside of the sport that the RFL seems to be going around in circles chasing its own tail, moving the posts to suit its most favoured pets, and seemingly having its strings pulled by certain clubs to their own advantage. And, then there's certain TV pundits finally admitting that their favourite child, (licencing), is failing to the shock-horror of the puppet-master that is the real governing body of RL - Sky. Let's face it, the product on the field may be good, but the administration is in tatters. One rule for us, one rule for them.

Remember all the fuss that licencing created when P&R was scrapped? How much of that still exists? OK, we still grumble about the closed shop that is SL, and we would all like to get back there at some point. But, how many now say that the Championship is better than SL, and SL can go do one? Remember when Wayne Bennett was over to give the RFL advice? Don't you think it's possible he might have said "stick with the licencing and let them p**s and moan about it for a while, it'll become the norm before long and they'll be glad to be where they are. Let them become feeder clubs to your flagship league, and let them run the academies and pay for them so your SL teams can have all the money for their first team, and then cream off the best youngsters for their squads even if they don't use them". I think we'll end up with a structure similar to the NRL, but nowhere near as good because in their infinite wisdom the SL clubs will spend even more money on NRL players to play up here instead of investing in their own countrymen. As for playing foreigners in our national team... I'm not going there.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2077No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2018Jan 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Not surprised at this.Nigel Wood for me is as corrupt as they come. And his Mate Rimmer is Not much better. SL is the RFL. Fax are better out of Sleaze League. We are Not wanted. And the was we alongside Fev,leigh etc are treated is a disgrace. But i am Not going to her angry or give up on the Sport because of sleaze League ans the RFL.

RankPostsTeam
International Star75No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2013Jan 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

I do not get some of you lot. Some of you that are saying you don’t want Halifax in Super league are the same people that were complaining that we did not get into super league not so long ago.

Are we good enough probably not, but we have the nucleus of a team that could be good enough a coach that can do the job and the foundation stones to build, thanks to lots of people who have given both time and money. Should we take the opportunity if it is offered? absolutely who knows when we may get another chance. As for Featherstone, they as yet do not deserve the chance, as yet. They still have work to do maybe not as much on field work as Halifax but they still have the off field stuff to do.

Halifax have to move onto the next step. In life you are very seldom completely ready for the opportunities handed to you, but you have to make the most of them.
I fully believe that we now have the right people with the right passion and business sense to keep Halifax growing as a club in Super league.

65 posts in 5 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin
65 posts in 5 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.22021484375:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Tonights match v HKR
matt_wire
14m
Recruitment rumours and links
Philth
14m