FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

FORUMS > Halifax Panthers > Do you think Fax will be in SL in 2012?
86 posts in 7 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin
RankPostsTeam
Club Coach5865No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2019Nov 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
10674.jpg
:10674.jpg

Yes we have a chance provided we get to the Grand Final at least once hopefully more, keep increasing the crowds and really push that new stand as well as making sure the stadium is well kept (not with the current regime it won't but lets hope CMBC get a proper stadium manager in).

I get annoyed that people are saying it has to be Widnes - yer they are in front of us with their ground and winning the NRC but we will catch them up on those two, yer their crowds are bigger but they have not had the depths of desapir to suffer like we have since 1999 really. The main difference is they have a money man, that should not come into it as rich chairman can be short term it should be looked at in the long term = sustainable. Plus Widnes are like us near existing SL clubs.
I think we and Widnes should be both be looked at for admission against existing SL clubs that fail to meet the SL criteria.

As for Toulouse, why?
So it further justifies having Catalans in and give them a derby?
They don't have the ground, they don't have the support (inflated figures are given deffo) and they will be yet another expensive trip for fans to make, they are unlikeley to go to both French clubs have the RFL thought of that?

Should the potential for AWAY support not be taken into account, ask Leeds, Bradford, Cas and Huddersfield who they would rather play Fax or Toulouse??
No brainer, 1K minimum would go from Halifax.

Maybe Fax should start doing like other clubs and add 500 on the gates???

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach727No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2010Jan 2010LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Fax4Life "Yes we have a chance provided we get to the Grand Final at least once hopefully more, keep increasing the crowds and really push that new stand as well as making sure the stadium is well kept (not with the current regime it won't but lets hope CMBC get a proper stadium manager in).

I get annoyed that people are saying it has to be Widnes - yer they are in front of us with their ground and winning the NRC but we will catch them up on those two, yer their crowds are bigger but they have not had the depths of desapir to suffer like we have since 1999 really. The main difference is they have a money man, that should not come into it as rich chairman can be short term it should be looked at in the long term icon_wink.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach727No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2010Jan 2010LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

I agree mate fax and widnes should replace salford and wakey. icon_lol.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach223No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2015Mar 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Black Backgrounds/Animal.gif
:Black Backgrounds/Animal.gif

Maybe we should offer the RFL false promises, its worked for some clubs in the past. We will increase our attendances icon_wink.gif

Yob
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member9336No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200322 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2011Oct 2011LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
3664.gif
You've got to have a dream, if you don't have a dream, how ya gonna have a dream come true? Are you claiming all you are entitled to? www.debtadvicenetwork.org then go to "Self Help" then "Benefits & Entitlements".:3664.gif

Quote: Darber "Maybe we should offer the RFL false promises, its worked for some clubs in the past. We will increase our attendances
Well that Dome going on top of our roof to keep the rain out should help. Oh and apparently Gordon "fkn" Ramsey is taking over the Catering Contract and Laura Ashley are doing out the Exec Boxes. What with Dubai Holdings coming in as our main backers next season, how could they possibly turn us down?

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman2276No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2019May 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Games/PDT_280.gif
:Games/PDT_280.gif

Quote: Soldierboy "I agree mate fax and widnes should replace salford and wakey.
That is the general consensus.

Wakey have had a decent enough run in SL (since 1999) without bringing much to SL, other than defeating the odds (with Kear at the helm). I like wakey as a club, they are a lot like us, but fair is fair, they are no better a club than ours, and our stadium, even in its current incomplete state - is better than Belle Vue (by a country mile) so we should be in SL at their expense.

It is a similar story for widnes and Salford. Salford are seen as a development team, being in Greater Manchester - on that basis - that area has been a RL development area for over 100 years. Its not like the GM area hasnt had spells of success in the past, especially Swinton. The GM area has had ample opportunity to develop RL, with little success. Salford are in SL purely as they are a GM club, and this is just garbage. In addition, they are no closer to the completion (or starting) of their new stadium than two years ago.

So I feel that Widnes and ourselves could be the ones to replace Salford and Wakefield, with Toulouse being the potential spanner in the works. I would only like to see Toulouse admitted as a replacement for Celtic...which will not happen.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach5865No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2019Nov 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
10674.jpg
:10674.jpg

Quote: Darber "Maybe we should offer the RFL false promises, its worked for some clubs in the past. We will increase our attendances
I know you said it in jest but thats what I like about the current set up at Halifax, they are doing things right, okay they still have some things to improve (like admin I believe, bills not been sent to diners for example) but they are getting there and are delivering on what they say.
Keep it up guys, it is what will sway those at Red Hall, people who they can trust not those who they know talk big but won't deliver, well I hope they will anyway.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach438No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200916 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2010May 2010LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

When seagulls follow a trawler, it is because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea. A French artist _______________________________________ *Championship Prediction Competition: 2009 (1st):

Quote: Fax4Life "
As for Toulouse, why?
So it further justifies having Catalans in and give them a derby?
'"

To make the competition really European, get the French TV money and more matches on TV. The Europeanisation is a one way street, and it is the street to make of the SL one of the grand European competition while it was until recently a regional competition snubbed by Southerners in England.
I understand that some fans of good CC clubs are upset by this development, but let me give me a comparison.

Today a reporter from ITV commenting Le Tour reminded the viewers that initially it was a national race from France and now it is dominated by foreigners. For sure French would like to see French win the Tour, but if this race has become the race number one in the World it is by welcoming the best riders of the world. French are proud of this race, even if French riders do not win as much as in the early days...

The SL is different obviously and in particular in the fact that English clubs will always be in the topflight of SL (at least in the next 70 years). Having a great European competition will bring money, interest in the South of England and increased TV. This rise in profile will naturally dwindle down to the CC which will become the anti-chamber of SL (and hopefully P&R will be reinstated at some point).

I have no illusion of convincing you as I understand that you are likely to be frustrated by the difference between the performance of your team on the field and its chance to go in SL. However, I would like to state my conviction that the Europeanisation of the SL will be for the greatest good of RL in England. I expect crowds to increase over time and the interest and TV coverage of CC to increase.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach3356No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2014Apr 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
12445.jpg
:12445.jpg

Quote: lpage "To make the competition really European, get the French TV money and more matches on TV. The Europeanisation is a one way street, and it is the street to make of the SL one of the grand European competition while it was until recently a regional competition snubbed by Southerners in England.
I understand that some fans of good CC clubs are upset by this development, but let me give me a comparison.

Today a reporter from ITV commenting Le Tour reminded the viewers that initially it was a national race from France and now it is dominated by foreigners. For sure French would like to see French win the Tour, but if this race has become the race number one in the World it is by welcoming the best riders of the world. French are proud of this race, even if French riders do not win as much as in the early days...

The SL is different obviously and in particular in the fact that English clubs will always be in the topflight of SL (at least in the next 70 years). Having a great European competition will bring money, interest in the South of England and increased TV. This rise in profile will naturally dwindle down to the CC which will become the anti-chamber of SL (and hopefully P&R will be reinstated at some point).

I have no illusion of convincing you as I understand that you are likely to be frustrated by the difference between the performance of your team on the field and its chance to go in SL. However, I would like to state my conviction that the Europeanisation of the SL will be for the greatest good of RL in England. I expect crowds to increase over time and the interest and TV coverage of CC to increase.'"

I agree that expansion is good for the game. But this should be seperate to the natural progression of teams from the games heartlands. If a team from Europe are ready then they should be in, but not at the exspense of a current team.

I cant see any reason stopping all three of Widnes, Toulouse and Fax going into SL next. Us and Widnes replacing Salford and Wakefield/Celtic, and Toulouse going in as an expansion side.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1411No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2019Apr 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
45840_1366545260.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_45840.jpg

Just a thought but...........
How many football Clubs come from London?
How many RL clubs come out of Sydney?

Cant understand why being in W Yorks should go against us, i would call that discrimination in any book!

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach8261No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2018Nov 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

[size=100:3bcizgah][url=http://twitter.com/reallyrichkelly:3bcizgah]Follow me on Twitter...[/url:3bcizgah][/size:3bcizgah]:

Agree with most here - no.

If you can dominate the Championship from now until the end of next season, they could sneak in if a SL club goes down the pan or if Widnes do. I'm pretty confident we'll get in next time.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1466No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Dec 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: pinballwizzard "That is the general consensus.

Wakey have had a decent enough run in SL (since 1999) without bringing much to SL, other than defeating the odds (with Kear at the helm). I like wakey as a club, they are a lot like us, but fair is fair, they are no better a club than ours, and our stadium, even in its current incomplete state - is better than Belle Vue (by a country mile) so we should be in SL at their expense.
'"

They have developed International class players and at least 1 world class player, when was the last time fax did?

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1411No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2019Apr 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
45840_1366545260.jpg

The best thing we can ALL do, is make it almost impossible not to pick us, or at least consider expanding the comp to the same as the NRL.

We do that as fans by turning up, supprting in numbers, bringing friends along, buy shirts, cash fax, and making sure our club is beyond criticism.

Were half way there, with a stand, a trophy, increased support were in a very good position. We have a population greater than Widnes, Leigh and Castleford by quite a bit (yes i studied Geography)

Maybe we do need to forget that Hudds, Bfd and Leeds are bigger and start focusing our great rugby town, a founder member and a place of great potential.

I think all the negativity started with Gartland and was left in tatters after Nigel Woods stint. We all wax lyrical about Brook and Ackroyds days but we punched above our weight for a bit and paid the price financially. Good times all the same, and im very greatful to them.

Come on you Blues!

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach727No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2010Jan 2010LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Leon Ashton "They have developed International class players and at least 1 world class player, when was the last time fax did?'"

I think wakey been lucky to get a top class coach in kear.He gets the best out of players and i sure he be a success at any club.If he left wakey i am sure their results would change.Kear go back to a bigger club such as hull. icon_lol.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1411No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2019Apr 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
45840_1366545260.jpg

Quote: Leon Ashton "They have developed International class players and at least 1 world class player, when was the last time fax did?'"

p.d thats poor icon_wink.gif

We could start a whole new thread on this one, every week we watch lads that started with us starring in Super League games, im not even going to bore you with names, i dont have time.. I hope that Tickles your fancy, and Grix you in a better frame of mind, Chester an idea, I have a friend with Hodgsons disease.... oh im bored already, you clearly know too little to waste my time icon_wink.gif Plenty have come to Fax as teenagers, we do after all have the best Amatuer RL side in the country a stones throw from the Shay... but then again you know Sid'all'. so i wont go on anymore.

86 posts in 7 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
86 posts in 7 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.1953125:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Wolves again
Deadcowboys1
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC