JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
13050.gif
[b:112mouem][color=#0000FF:112mouem][size=100:112mouem] "Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."― Albert Einstein[/size:112mouem] [/color:112mouem][/b:112mouem] [b:112mouem][color=#0000FF:112mouem][size=100:112mouem] "Everybody gets so much information all day long that they lose their common sense." ― Gertrude Stein[/size:112mouem][/color:112mouem][/b:112mouem] [b:112mouem][color=#0000FF:112mouem][size=100:112mouem] "Don't believe everything you read on the internet" ― Abraham Lincoln [/size:112mouem][/color:112mouem][/b:112mouem]:13050.gif

Quote: maurice "The RL drums are saying that your players are checking whats on offer elsewhere before taking the cut, the cut is effectively a breach of contract and gives the players options to 1. say no and carry on being paid in full. 2. Agree and sign a new contract 3. Look for a severance payment. Hope you get things sorted but your use of the 750k last season was shocking, as fans do you know where it went?'"

All players were told they were free to find other clubs if they wished. Only 1 has(not that I blame Manu one little bit). Regarding what the club spent its money on, its only because we are such a small club with so few fans that people think they have a right to know. I can't say I every recall say any SL club explaining to fans every two minutes what they have ed their 1.8m on.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2077No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2018Jan 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: chris_T "What makes you think Batley are splashing the cash? What part of our chairmans 20 season reign makes you think him frivolous? Dane loves Batley, he only left for Fax as he was sold the superleage dream. That aint happening now. Matt Diskin earmarked Dane as a 2018 signing when en his contract ends. It's only your financial difficulties that has alowed him a way out sooner than expected. Were not going sht or bust were just not bust. We now have the best pack in the comp bar none.'"

So you have the best pack and the aim to be in the best part time team. Great, but sadly the Championship is in a mess, with most if not all clubs having to make cuts etc. Batley average less than a 1000 fans a game. Nice ground but nowhere near fit for SL. The team you have is probably the moest expensive outside the FT teams. Any club spending the money that Batley are doing is a big risk for me as the rewards are not really worth it and all Championship sides could and should be spending money in a better way including Halifax and Batley. Personally I cant see the Championship lasting another 10 years. And I dont see the justification is paying alot of money out on players when your gates are 1500 at best. If Batley fail to make the top 4 it will hurt tem as can be seen by Fax, Bradford and Sheffield.

Dane loves Batley, as much as he loves Halifax. Its a cliche that players come out with. If they really did love a club, they would do anything to help a club. If Dane was offered more money at Fev than Batley, do you really think his love for Batley would see him sign there? I doubt it very much. End of the day,players have to make as much money as possible and I dont blame Dane for going. There is little money in the game and players and agents will always look after player first whether they "Love" a certain club or not.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach148No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2023Jan 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: The Lucky Black Cat "So you have the best pack and the aim to be in the best part time team. Great, but sadly the Championship is in a mess, with most if not all clubs having to make cuts etc. Batley average less than a 1000 fans a game. Nice ground but nowhere near fit for SL. The team you have is probably the moest expensive outside the FT teams. Any club spending the money that Batley are doing is a big risk for me as the rewards are not really worth it and all Championship sides could and should be spending money in a better way including Halifax and Batley. Personally I cant see the Championship lasting another 10 years. And I dont see the justification is paying alot of money out on players when your gates are 1500 at best. If Batley fail to make the top 4 it will hurt tem as can be seen by Fax, Bradford and Sheffield.

Dane loves Batley, as much as he loves Halifax. Its a cliche that players come out with. If they really did love a club, they would do anything to help a club. If Dane was offered more money at Fev than Batley, do you really think his love for Batley would see him sign there? I doubt it very much. End of the day,players have to make as much money as possible and I dont blame Dane for going. There is little money in the game and players and agents will always look after player first whether they "Love" a certain club or not.'"
]

So what should we do? We are investing some of our money into improving the team. Isn't that what you did last season? We aim to be the best we can be within the cards that are dealt to us. Isn't that what all teams should be doing? We spent a bit of money on a couple of players who are acknowledged to be decent performers at our level - hardly throwing the cash around.

To paraphrase a previous poster on here, we are hardly renowned for splashing the cash at our place, and are most certainly not doing it this time. Up to yesterday's announcements, a number of our supporters were complaining about our low key recruitment this season. If we don't make the top 4 next season, we will still be around the following season, and l would suggest we probably won't be asking our players to take a pay cut either!

RankPostsTeam
Moderator2574No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
7000.jpg
"Let only those who enter do so with pride and the determination to uphold the traditions of the club". //www.FaxFans.co.uk //www.halifaxrlfc.co.uk Halifax Tag RL. Interested in playing? Visit //www.pitchero.com/clubs/halifaxcommunityrugbyleague/:7000.jpg

Serious questions need to be asked. We existed on 200k plus Abbott etc(I think) funding, get a big lift to 700k and then once we go back to 200k we are all of a sudden skint? Did we stupidly give the players a 250% pay rise? The board made a big song and dance about investing off the field in IT, Reserves etc. How does that change if we are back on reduced funding? We should have appropriately managed the extra funding, but it looks like it has been ed up against the wall.

These questions must be answered or fans will walk, myself included. It is incompetence or arrogance, either way it doesn't look good.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach71No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2023Oct 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: The Lucky Black Cat "So you have the best pack and the aim to be in the best part time team. Great, but sadly the Championship is in a mess, with most if not all clubs having to make cuts etc. Batley average less than a 1000 fans a game. Nice ground but nowhere near fit for SL. The team you have is probably the moest expensive outside the FT teams. Any club spending the money that Batley are doing is a big risk for me as the rewards are not really worth it and all Championship sides could and should be spending money in a better way including Halifax and Batley. Personally I cant see the Championship lasting another 10 years. And I dont see the justification is paying alot of money out on players when your gates are 1500 at best. If Batley fail to make the top 4 it will hurt tem as can be seen by Fax, Bradford and Sheffield.

Dane loves Batley, as much as he loves Halifax. Its a cliche that players come out with. If they really did love a club, they would do anything to help a club. If Dane was offered more money at Fev than Batley, do you really think his love for Batley would see him sign there? I doubt it very much. End of the day,players have to make as much money as possible and I dont blame Dane for going. There is little money in the game and players and agents will always look after player first whether they "Love" a certain club or not.'"

The point is, missing out on the top 4 won't hurt us like it did you or Sheffield. Our contracts depend on where we finish, so regardless of where we finish, it will cost us the same percentage of our RFL funding next year. Therefore we will be unable to overspend and it is up to the players to perform to get the increased money for the second year. If we don't earn it, they don't get it.

Gates of 1500 at best, really? How about the 4000 gate for the Bulls game? Does that not count? Just out of interest, what are Halifax's avg gates? I know its not 2000 and I would be very shocked if our outgoings are anything like yours.

The other thing is, we don't have to find rent on our ground, unlike you, oh hang on a minute, you have paid that now I take it?

Our food and beverage sales go to the club unlike yours. We received 3x more rfl funding this year, than last, and the fact of the matter is, the 1 win against fev in the middle 8 s would have paid for Manning several times over. We also have no debts to pay off from the funding, unlike almost every other club in the game. It seems fairly obvious that the £700k you got was probably used to pay off what you owed, IT equipment ££££££££ really? NASA don't spend that much on IT FFS.

Ground not fit for SL, have you been to Wakefield lately? Ovendens ground is better than that.

So you can sleep easy LBC, we will be absolutely fine icon_wink.gif

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach5865No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2019Nov 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
10674.jpg
:10674.jpg

Quote: Pride & Heritage "The point is, missing out on the top 4 won't hurt us like it did you or Sheffield. Our contracts depend on where we finish, so regardless of where we finish, it will cost us the same percentage of our RFL funding next year. Therefore we will be unable to overspend and it is up to the players to perform to get the increased money for the second year. If we don't earn it, they don't get it.

Gates of 1500 at best, really? How about the 4000 gate for the Bulls game? Does that not count? Just out of interest, what are Halifax's avg gates? I know its not 2000 and I would be very shocked if our outgoings are anything like yours.

The other thing is, we don't have to find rent on our ground, unlike you, oh hang on a minute, you have paid that now I take it?

Our food and beverage sales go to the club unlike yours. We received 3x more rfl funding this year, than last, and the fact of the matter is, the 1 win against fev in the middle 8 s would have paid for Manning several times over. We also have no debts to pay off from the funding, unlike almost every other club in the game. It seems fairly obvious that the £700k you got was probably used to pay off what you owed, IT equipment ££££££££ really? NASA don't spend that much on IT FFS.

Ground not fit for SL, have you been to Wakefield lately? Ovendens ground is better than that.

So you can sleep easy LBC, we will be absolutely fine
Bitterly disappointed that Dane has gone and I must say thanks for all your effort at Fax you have been our most consistent player the last few years.
As for the club whilst I am glad the Board are cutting their coat according to their cloth I must ask why are we here? I think there is something wrong at our club but cannot say what only like others I think we have a certain arrogance that is undeserved and the whole club needs to treat its fans and sponsors better as we have lost lots of both and the club just cannot afford to lose any!!!
As for our Batley friend you are right you have the advantage of owning your own ground and us stupid lot come over in large numbers (maybe not next year) and put loads in your coffers which is now biting us in the bum as you have a better team than us although your Board can show how to run a RL club well I give them credit.

RankPostsTeam
International Star309No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 201311 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2024May 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Sad to see one of our most consistent players leave. Just shows how backwards we have gone and we are obviously short of money.
To lose one of our better players to a rival for top 4 is disappointing. Can't blame him for leaving for more money. We once cherry picked batleys best players but the tables have turned. Losing one of our best players and the recruitment looks fairly unexciting. Top 4 looks a long shot now. London , Hull KR, batley, fev, Swinton look to have recruited far better. Dual reg looks a must.

RankPostsTeam
International Star792
JoinedServiceReputation
May 201212 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2021Mar 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
simpsons/simp015.gif
:simpsons/simp015.gif

Gutted about this news. However Dane has to make the call that is right for him and his young family (can't see him making a fortune as a window cleaner so am guessing rugby is his main source of income.) Also we should consider the dynamics of the team. It would be awkward if the club made an exception on the 10% drop in wages for one man. How would the other players feel? I am sure the club did all they could to retain his services but we have to move onwards and upwards now.
The team is going to have to work that bit harder now but they will have my support as they have accepted we are in the proverbial, financially, and by accepting the 10% pay cut, nailed their colours well and truly to the blue and white mast.
'The king is dead long live the king' (Shakespeare no less eusa_eh.gif )

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach503No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2018Jan 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
15769.jpg
:15769.jpg

Quote: Living The Dream "Gutted about this news. However Dane has to make the call that is right for him and his young family (can't see him making a fortune as a window cleaner so am guessing rugby is his main source of income.) Also we should also consider the dynamics of the team. It would be awkward if the club made an exception on the 10% drop in wages for one man. How would the other players feel? I am sure the club did all they could to retain his services but we have to move onwards and upwards now.
The team is going to have to work that bit harder now but they will have my support as they have accepted we are in the proverbial financially and by accepting the 10% pay cut nailed their colours well and truly to the blue and white mast.
'The king is dead long live the king' (Shakespeare no less Dave as you know ,I have always rated DM ,it doesn't surprise me though he has chosen to join Batley, someone on the Forum referred to them as Little Batley, they are far from that, I expect Disk in to have them challenging for a top 4 spot, the Championship will be great to watch next season and I intend coming to a few games at the Shay, my worry is for Fax as a Club , they seem to be ready to settle for a place as also ran, your player recruitment is worse than most, I expect Swinton to be the Dark Horses next season, I hope I'm wrong but it could be a long season for Fax.Having said that I know fans like you, Halifaxjohn, and Hudd Shay, won't lose the faith, hope to see you soon. icon_thumb.gif icon_thumb.gif

RankPostsTeam
International Star792
JoinedServiceReputation
May 201212 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2021Mar 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
simpsons/simp015.gif
:simpsons/simp015.gif

Quote: diggory compton "Dave as you know ,I have always rated DM ,it doesn't surprise me though he has chosen to join Batley, someone on the Forum referred to them as Little Batley, they are far from that, I expect Disk in to have them challenging for a top 4 spot, the Championship will be great to watch next season and I intend coming to a few games at the Shay, my worry is for Fax as a Club , they seem to be ready to settle for a place as also ran, your player recruitment is worse than most, I expect Swinton to be the Dark Horses next season, I hope I'm wrong but it could be a long season for Fax.Having said that I know fans like you, Halifaxjohn, and Hudd Shay, won't lose the faith, hope to see you soon. Agreed. There has to be an element of realism that no team has a God given right to be up there-especially Fax. Looking at the full time teams HullKR;Bradford;Tolouse;London then a strong Batley and Fev already shows how tough it will be before you add into the mix the usual seasonal dark horse side.
There will be some cracking games, of proper rugby, in the Championship next season. Good teams will take points off each other. Fax just have to hold firm, ensure they win their home games, secure Championship rugby first then kick on form there. What will be will be after that.
Building a successful team with no money is a tough call. We have done it in the past (Maurice Bamford era for example) -only time will tell.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1999
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
35006_1638866888.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_35006.jpg

There are only two points available from each game, and it will be a very competitive league next year. No easy matches, and team spirit and enthusiasm will be key for us. Our players will need to play to their full potential, but I think that above all, RM needs to rebuild the strong bond that the team had in 2015 so that morale stays high when the going gets tough.

Tbh, our best hope is probably to be that seasonal dark horse side!

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain837
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 20159 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

If its true haggerty as pulled out leaves us just two ne players with Grady and Rob.

I would say its a settled squad not two many changes apart from those who left. If grix comes back strong at the start of the season I can see us pushing.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1460No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

The club is now run like an amateur team,hoping on local carpet sellers, and all the other small time businesses and HMRC tax relief from iffy business men.

Passionate, but only sponsorship wise.

Don't know what Gartland, Harvey, Posner. Pearsons wife are doing.

Club will not challenge.

Pay cut? More half Ar*ed performances

RankPostsTeam
International Star4487
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Thanks for your efforts Dane over the last few years, gutted to hear you are leaving but life goes on.

RankPostsTeam
International Star475
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 201510 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2023Jan 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: jeffvickers "The club is now run like an amateur team,hoping on local carpet sellers, and all the other small time businesses and HMRC tax relief from iffy business men.

Passionate, but only sponsorship wise.

Don't know what Gartland, Harvey, Posner. Pearsons wife are doing.

Club will not challenge.

Pay cut? More half Ar*ed performances'"

I think the people you name are being sensible and not pouring money into a business with no assets and the only revenue stream is a bum on a seat. Let's be honest, the business plan isn't the best in the world is it?

We don't own the stadium, we don't get on with our landlord, the bar and food revenue goes to someone else and the shop revenue doesn't go to the club.

We live hand to mouth .......

55 posts in 5 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin
55 posts in 5 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.37158203125:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Hull KR H
MattyB
14m
Todays match v Saints
Fantastic Mr
18m