JoinedServiceReputation
May 201410 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2016Apr 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: charlie caroli "An Italian POW and a Buffoon Eh,just because I speak the truth and Tezzer realises you are NOT world beaters, wake up Nigel ,smell the Coffee ,welcome to the real world ,it's going to be a long hard season.What was your prediction?It didn't happen did it,a you stick to the Owls and the Mary Ellen game ,I don't regard you as a Fax fan anyway, I probably watch Fax more then you.You Yorkies have some strange names,Lintle Crindon, and NIGEL
Is that the best you got, I didn't mention your name in my last post, but if the cap fits wear it my little punchinello.

UTFAX

RankPostsTeam
International Star1091No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201411 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
simpsons/simp019.gif
:simpsons/simp019.gif

We can't and won't win every game nor do we expect to. It was dissapointing and a frustratiing night. Lest see how the rest of league go tomorrow. In 7 days time we will be looking forward to our trip to Cumbria.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain114No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 20159 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2020Oct 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

First half
Thought we were really good and were the better team. Created lots of chances and was awesome in defence. We could of quite easily gone in at half time at least 20 0 up.

Second half
Again we started really well forcing a error straight from kick off and actually crossing the line. It was rightly disallowed for crossing, think it was Maneely? He didn't need to run behind the player he could of passed the ball out and we would of got over the line anyway.
Don't know what happened next but we just seemed to switch off and they scored 3 quick tries and the game was lost in that period. We still created a couple chances down the left and could of possibly got back into the game if we'd scored off them. Overall we were massively outplayed by Sheffield and even if we had of fine in 20 0 up at half time we would have still lost the game based in the second half performance.

The ground
Don't know why I've called it that because everything about it is a total joke from the parking to the facilities. I'm assuming it's called a temporary stand because it looks like it could fall down at any minute, the fanzone behind the "temporary stand" isn't a fanzone its a tent that charges £4 for a pint of watered down carling, a few portaloos as well for everyone to share with no hand washing facilities was pretty grim as well.
The parking outside is organised chaos, what they gonna do when they play Leigh and Bradford? They'll take a lot more than we did. A rugby league team playing in the championship shouldn't be allowed to play there.

Workington next week

It's a game we will win and can make some changes. Personally I'd put salty at full back try Johnston and Moore at half backs, move Murrell to loose forward and deffo bring Divorty and if Bracek and heaton are fit play them as well.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach13012No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2021Apr 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
15768_1384187582.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_15768.jpg

Quote: Makingplans4nigel v2 "Is that the best you got, I didn't mention your name in my last post, but if the cap fits wear it my little punchinello.

UTFAX'"

I knew you was referring to me Nigel,but I think you should concentrate on Mr Jagger and his statements of Supremacy, it seems he wasn't amused last night. icon_thumb.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach864
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
18539.jpg
:18539.jpg

Fax won't be the last team to get beat at that $hithole on a Friday night, Leigh won't be the last team to get beat at the Batley mudslide either.

The better teams will come good as the ground hardens, spoke to Weston about last week who had been in the NRL for 8 seasons and he said he had never played on anything like that before.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain754No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 20159 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2018Feb 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Makingplans4nigel v2 "No need for an increase in your statin dosages quite yet fellas. I didn't go tonight (down in SY tomorrow to watch the Owls) but from what I've heard we didn't execute and they did. I doubt RM's philosophy of attacking footy will change and he will strive to get the players to improve. Friday night down the M1 on a school pitch against a Mark Aston team was always going to be tough and it's fine lines.

The lads will be hurting and desperate to put it right up in Cumbria.

UTFAX and well done to all who made the effort to go down and support the lads.

Mr Jagger - you sir are one big swinging tit and are currently giving that Italian POW a run for his money in the RL Forum Punchinello stakes. Get a grip you buffoon.'"

Say whatever you want, I was in attendance last night , you was NOT, this team will have to improve on last night's performance we are not nearly as good as some think we are, I'm a realist to compete we will need to go full time , Sheff gave proved this, Mr Aston is a very clever Coach,I just hope RM will not be found wanting when the pressure is on,he has had no pressure in the past.

RankPostsTeam
International Star3533
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2023Jul 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
51701_1323356561.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_51701.jpg

This week, like last is just one game and we need to learn from it and move on. Next week may not pose too great a challenge, though you never know. What we do need is to be on our game for Batley and put last night behind us, the Seagulls are a good team, we all know that we just need to beat them at home and hopefully not have to play them down there again.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain146No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 20159 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Mar 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Well it was a pretty bizarre game was that and the blown chances in both halves were quite unbelievable. I don't think the score truly reflected the game and we could have and should have been out of sight at halftime. I cannot recall seeing so many times players been put through gaps with the line beckoning for the ball to be dropped. The eagles tries were pretty predictably down the left (all of them) and they benefitted from 2 bizarre bounces of the ball for two tries. Jonno slipped a metre from the line with nobody in front of him and fairbank dropped one in the second half whilst crossing the line. I am not too downhearted because we really could have won that game. Manning was immense again, Moore created most of the bombed chances and salty ran it in all night as did sharp. Too many silly penalties gifted the eagles field position in the second half and it cost us because in the first half they did not really press our line that much and when they did we defended stoutly.
Scott probably had one of his worse games for us, Smeaton had one he will want to forget and I think there will be some changes for next week with Heaton in the side as well as potentially Grix playing.

RankPostsTeam
International Star4561
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: BiginJapan1970 "Well it was a pretty bizarre game was that and the blown chances in both halves were quite unbelievable. I don't think the score truly reflected the game and we could have and should have been out of sight at halftime. I cannot recall seeing so many times players been put through gaps with the line beckoning for the ball to be dropped. The eagles tries were pretty predictably down the left (all of them) and they benefitted from 2 bizarre bounces of the ball for two tries. Jonno slipped a metre from the line with nobody in front of him and fairbank dropped one in the second half whilst crossing the line. I am not too downhearted because we really could have won that game. Manning was immense again, Moore created most of the bombed chances and salty ran it in all night as did sharp. Too many silly penalties gifted the eagles field position in the second half and it cost us because in the first half they did not really press our line that much and when they did we defended stoutly.
Scott probably had one of his worse games for us, Smeaton had one he will want to forget and I think there will be some changes for next week with Heaton in the side as well as potentially Grix playing.'"

Pretty much identical to how I saw it and posted about it.

Scotty also defends that side and if we have a set line he very rarely gets beaten but in open running play his lack of pace can and was exposed, what didn't help was Smeaton getting injured and staying on, add the two together and that's why the huge gaps appeared and Eagles were good enough and quick enough to take their chances.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach412No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200916 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2018Jun 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
44754.jpg
:44754.jpg

Quote: Mr Jagger "Say whatever you want, I was in attendance last night , you was NOT, this team will have to improve on last night's performance we are not nearly as good as some think we are, I'm a realist to compete we will need to go full time , Sheff gave proved this, Mr Aston is a very clever Coach,I just hope RM will not be found wanting when the pressure is on,he has had no pressure in the past.'"

We lose one game, away on a Friday night at Sheffield, a full time team and suddenly we are rubbish, must improve, go full time, get Bracek in???
When was the last time a team won a division/league without losing a game??? We laughed at Leigh last week but also followed up those comments with remarks to say they would probably still finish top of the pile.
Mr Jagger, I don't know you, you're probably a really nice guy, love the club as we all do. But some of the negativity you spew is getting a bit tiresome.
Just enjoy your rugby!!! There are far more important things happening in the world!!!

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1411No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2019Apr 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
45840_1366545260.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_45840.jpg

Quote: Mr Jagger "Say whatever you want, I was in attendance last night , you was NOT, this team will have to improve on last night's performance we are not nearly as good as some think we are, I'm a realist to compete we will need to go full time , Sheff gave proved this, Mr Aston is a very clever Coach,I just hope RM will not be found wanting when the pressure is on,he has had no pressure in the past.'"

Mr Jagger, if you think that because you attended the game that means only you and those that were there can comment on how our club is performing then I think you are grossly mistaken.

In the same way that one swallow doesn't make a summer, one loss does not make us a bad side. Consider the following, Sheffield are fairly settled, well coached, it's one game, at an unusual venue, it's early season, and we have some new players in key positions that will only get better and help us improve as a side, and finally you are for want of more succinct and concise words, getting slightly boring and negative with your method of support and continuous tripe.

Having watched Fax for over 30 years, travelled up and down England's green and once more pleasant land, to chimney stacked mill towns, through harsh Cumbrian rain, the theatre of dreams that is old Trafford, a stones through from the Tyne, Wembley Way, and the sun soaked beauty of the South of France. I have to say anyone who thinks the club is not competitive or realistic is barking mad.

Have you considered many of our part time players do not work 9-5, teachers get holidays I can only dream of, it's mainly a summer game, Windows Cleaners don't have to clock in or be at number 8 by 9am sharp, many employers now embrace flexible working, these lads have known nothing but continuing on with life with Rugby as something they love and fit in and work around.

Do you really think the club thinks the way into SL is to do it half baked? The club is quite rightly building slowly and surely, improving year on year in ways you don't always see between 3-5 on Sunday's.

I happen to trust the board, and I happen to believe in Richard Marshall, and I have faith in the players. In your opinions, I do not, but I respect they are yours, and we live in a country where you can express them. We will be full time one day I hope, maybe next year, but that doesn't mean these lads can't achieve something special. 3 of sheffields star men are all the wrong side of 30, a lot of our lads have bright futures. Let's see where we are going forward and stop writing off this group of players, from what I've seen over the years, these are an absolutely cracking set of lads, brilliantly coached and guided and supported very sensibly by a club that has learnt the hard way to make sure the foundations are solid, and not a set of post dated cheques reliant on success.

Get behind the Club. UTFAX

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach6698No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2017Feb 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
46669_1419854573.jpg
And Behold, a pale horse. And on his back his name was death. The weekend starts on a Monday.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_46669.jpg

Quote: justthebasicfax "Mr Jagger, if you think that because you attended the game that means only you and those that were there can comment on how our club is performing then I think you are grossly mistaken.

In the same way that one swallow doesn't make a summer, one loss does not make us a bad side. Consider the following, Sheffield are fairly settled, well coached, it's one game, at an unusual venue, it's early season, and we have some new players in key positions that will only get better and help us improve as a side, and finally you are for want of more succinct and concise words, getting slightly boring and negative with your method of support and continuous tripe.

Having watched Fax for over 30 years, travelled up and down England's green and once more pleasant land, to chimney stacked mill towns, through harsh Cumbrian rain, the theatre of dreams that is old Trafford, a stones through from the Tyne, Wembley Way, and the sun soaked beauty of the South of France. I have to say anyone who thinks the club is not competitive or realistic is barking mad.

Have you considered many of our part time players do not work 9-5, teachers get holidays I can only dream of, it's mainly a summer game, Windows Cleaners don't have to clock in or be at number 8 by 9am sharp, many employers now embrace flexible working, these lads have known nothing but continuing on with life with Rugby as something they love and fit in and work around.

Do you really think the club thinks the way into SL is to do it half baked? The club is quite rightly building slowly and surely, improving year on year in ways you don't always see between 3-5 on Sunday's.

I happen to trust the board, and I happen to believe in Richard Marshall, and I have faith in the players. In your opinions, I do not, but I respect they are yours, and we live in a country where you can express them. We will be full time one day I hope, maybe next year, but that doesn't mean these lads can't achieve something special. 3 of sheffields star men are all the wrong side of 30, a lot of our lads have bright futures. Let's see where we are going forward and stop writing off this group of players, from what I've seen over the years, these are an absolutely cracking set of lads, brilliantly coached and guided and supported very sensible by a club that has learnt the hard way to make sure the foundations are solid, and not a set of post dated cheques reliant on success.

Get behind the Club. UTFAX'"

I have to say what an excellent post. It mirrors my support over the years and my feelings entirely.
Superb. eusa_clap.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach412No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200916 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2018Jun 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
44754.jpg
:44754.jpg

Quote: justthebasicfax "Mr Jagger, if you think that because you attended the game that means only you and those that were there can comment on how our club is performing then I think you are grossly mistaken.

I happen to trust the board, and I happen to believe in Richard Marshall, and I have faith in the players. In your opinions, I do not, but I respect they are yours, and we live in a country where you can express them. We will be full time one day I hope, maybe next year, but that doesn't mean these lads can't achieve something special. 3 of sheffields star men are all the wrong side of 30, a lot of our lads have bright futures. Let's see where we are going forward and stop writing off this group of players, from what I've seen over the years, these are an absolutely cracking set of lads, brilliantly coached and guided and supported very sensible by a club that has learnt the hard way to make sure the foundations are solid, and not a set of post dated cheques reliant on success.

Get behind the Club. UTFAX'"

Although it's very early, that is the post of the season so far!!
Well said that man!!!

RankPostsTeam
International Star4770
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
64890_1669714931.jpg
Hear All, See All, Say Nowt. Eat All, Sup All, Pay Nowt. And if Tha ever does Owt for Nowt, Allus do it for Thissen.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_64890.jpg

I happen to trust the board, and I happen to believe in Richard Marshall, and I have faith in the players. In your opinions, I do not, but I respect they are yours, and we live in a country where you can express them. We will be full time one day I hope, maybe next year, but that doesn't mean these lads can't achieve something special. 3 of sheffields star men are all the wrong side of 30, a lot of our lads have bright futures. Let's see where we are going forward and stop writing off this group of players, from what I've seen over the years, these are an absolutely cracking set of lads, brilliantly coached and guided and supported very sensibly by a club that has learnt the hard way to make sure the foundations are solid, and not a set of post dated cheques reliant on success.
Brilliant, well bloody said! Grove, shudds. Adams Prop Hop 4.0 % Mmm! Up The Fax!
RankPostsTeam
International Star4561
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Also I think it's good to remember our not too distant past and that of the game.

Up until last season there was no pathway to anywhere and being stuck in the Championship was hardly the environment to prepare for something that didn't even exist at the time.

We went with KH and had a lot of faith and hope it would be good for the club and everyone involved, as we now know it didn't work out and cost us another 3 years where we went backwards.

During that time we lost many of our x factor players such as Royston, Black, Penky that would have people coming to watch them play, that along with the type of rugby being dished out cost us several hundred regular supporters.

At the same time we had one recent season that was described as the "perfect storm" concerning income when we went out early in the challenge cup and lost at Dewsbury and failed to progress to the knock out stages of the Nothern Rail Cup.

The lost crowds, and losing early in the above comps were unexpected and our finances took a hard hit, I believe the BOD and one person in particular put £100,000 out of there own pockets just to steady the ship so we could trade on a daily basis without being strangled.

Last seasons good finish was the first time in years when we had some money come into the club and we can just suddenly go full time, get all the infra structure in place etc on the back of it!!

80 posts in 6 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin
80 posts in 6 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

9.2333984375:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Leigh it is
MattyB
9m
Rumours thread
Trojan Horse
12m