JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
13050.gif
[b:112mouem][color=#0000FF:112mouem][size=100:112mouem] "Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."― Albert Einstein[/size:112mouem] [/color:112mouem][/b:112mouem] [b:112mouem][color=#0000FF:112mouem][size=100:112mouem] "Everybody gets so much information all day long that they lose their common sense." ― Gertrude Stein[/size:112mouem][/color:112mouem][/b:112mouem] [b:112mouem][color=#0000FF:112mouem][size=100:112mouem] "Don't believe everything you read on the internet" ― Abraham Lincoln [/size:112mouem][/color:112mouem][/b:112mouem]:13050.gif

Quote: marillion man "I don't buy into this too many injuries, one game too far rubbish.

Get a grip, those 17 players had the opportunity to go on and win the GFbut yet again on the day they weren't good enough, not by a long way. Knockout football is supposed to be exciting, that was embarassing today, I left the ground ashamed of my team on the field.
No excuses we were hammered by a much better team today, at home, on television.
Some of these players aren't good enough, we've struggled for many weeks and scraped home to win many games late on most of this season.
What an awful end to this season......'"

This.

Will pick apart which players I feel deserve another year and which dont in a bit when I can be bothered but before then just a little on our tactics. Why do we look so poor at times in attack? Other teams have dummy runners and players running angles, we just past the ball accross the field and its so slow even the worst defence has a chance to defend against us. We thought our defence would get better under KH but the reality is that our goal line defence is probably as bad as its been at this level. Dont even get me startd on the poor technique that some of our players show. Like today and not for the first time Fieldhouse has taken the ball 5 yards out from our line and ended up back over his own in goal simply because his technique is so bad. Its basic rugby that he should be going low or even diving at the player who is tackling but instead hes going in chin up in the air asking to be pushed back. Sorry to pick him out because he has been good all season but its a really easy example of poor technique.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member18789No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2023Mar 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2690.jpg
:2690.jpg

Yeah - terrible today. How do Sheffield do it? Yes we played badly but we were on the back foot right from the start - with Sheffield playing at 100 miles an hour and maximum intesnsity.

For a club that gets naff all in attendances they do very well. I can see them doing Leigh and rolling up to their second successive GF.

Our PERFECT performance came and Blackpool. It gave us a trophy but it destroyed the rest of our season.

140 odd days to the start of next season. It's a long hibernation. Tara everyone. Have a wonderful Christmas.

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman1309No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2020Oct 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

In all honesty this performance is like many this season but previously its been against poorer opposition and we've undeservedly stolen a last gasp win. Yes the league is competitive but when we've played the good teams weve looked pretty average at times. I'd say we've probably only put in one complete 80 minute performance all season and that was at Blackpool. We need that intensity every week or close to it.

For me York away was poor, Leigh at home, both Keighleys at home, Swinton away, I could worryingly go on and name a few more. However for me this year has been for the majority pretty disappointing with only glimpses of promise. However I will judge on what goes on next year as the team transition into a new era, coach etc was a big shift from the old culture and Rome wasn't built in a day.

Our half backs were my biggest disappointment as they simply have mis-fired all season and never really looked like clicking. Plus our offload and phase 2 has been in the main poor. The one thing I expected to improve but at times has also been woeful is the defence and in particular goal line defence, this has been at times abysmal. The major worry now is that our main game breaker has now gone and on today's performance nobody else out there will take that mantle so I hope they have a master stroke of a replacement lined up!!

Had this not been Harrison's first season In charge as well as being a cult hero at Fax I think questions would be getting asked about the way the season has limped and stuttered along. Remember We used our get out of jail card to reach the NRC final and things could have been very different.

Today we absolutely lacked enthusiasm and motivation and I'm always concerned when a team look disinterested and unmotivated on the field. To me a coach also motivates his team and installs belief and passion so where was it today??

Don't get me wrong I'm not pushing the panic button and I believe (hope) that Karl is the right man to take us forward. I think after a year in charge though he probably now realises the task he has to get us anywhere near Fevs consistency end fluidity on the pitch is a big one.

Overall 5/10 for me for the season and fingers crossed for a few changes. I think we just need a few Tweeks here and their but next year needs to be much more consistent on the field.

Leigh I think have overtaken us as their halves and Pivots for next year are quality.

Big improvement required.

RankPostsTeam
International Star4526
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Ditto this Chris.

What I will add is that just looking defensively we conceeded points from just about every way we could.

From short side plays, kicks in behind the line, cross field kicks, crash ball straight through the middle, loose ball on the floor and not being first to react etc etc etc.

I just can't explain how a team can play that bad with all those "on paper" decent players in it.
Do they think they just have to turn up and pull the shirt on.

Halifax may not be in the top flight anymore but the club and that shirt deserve better than that.

I hope the coaching staff will let them know that in no uncertain terms.

FFA
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach822No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2023Jun 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Bang on with this one game too many rubbish, we've hardly played more games than Sheffield. We were just exposed today by a far better, more entertaining outfit who knew how to attack and defend neither which we have got right bar a handful of games. We've been involved in so many dreadful games i've lost count and our attacking play needs a whole revamp, its slow, one paced and generally dull and our defence today was nothing short of disgraceful and i hope they know they've let a lot of people down today we at least deserve commitment and that was lacking in abundance

I'd look at a winger to replace Reittie who is a joke of a player at times offers nothing only making yards in 'easy' games and never looks like scoring a try. A couple of centres who have a bit of pace and power, always preffered Paterson on the wing and Tyrer doesn't really cut it for me as a top class centre. Heaton is probably too slow for the backs really

The half backs need seriously looking at handforth is just not good enough for me especially at stand off, bang average at controlling a game and doesn't create tries how many times have we seen a centre or winger get put away ala Holroyd or Branighan. We never have a move of any sort and he can't use his line to save his life but he gets away with it being by doing one or two good things per game which blind many fans to his deficiencies. Thackery is a support player and unfortunately the best part of his game is his kick chase

The forwards have been half decent; Ambler and Barlow are good players at this level and Divorty has been impressive. Ashall fell away dramatically and Robinson is abit of a flat track bully at times making yards in easier games while falling away in tough game, but all have shown they are good enough at times. Manning has been far and away most impressive for me

We'll miss Penky hugely as again he's been our only real creative outlet at times with Gannon been consistent once more. I'd look at releasing Bowman as he seems to be going nowhere with us, needs to play some regular games in a regular position but as a half back he isn't creative enough (probably not even near a danny jones level player which is saying something) and Casey has shown up half decent in last few weeks at second row before today but has had a poor season on the whole.

Overall would be looking at:

1 or 2 centres
A winger
2 half Backs
1 hooker
1 or 2 Prop/Second Rows

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach465No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2015Oct 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

If KH is a good coach he will make these players better not replace them You will need to keep the team together if you want to become consistent week on week out getting alot of new faces won't make this happen On paper you have one of the strongest squads in the championship so Karl should be able to do this for Halifax

When you have all calmed down you will realise that until today you have had a good season come 3rd in the league and won the NRC

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member18789No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2023Mar 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2690.jpg
:2690.jpg

Good post that lad. And comes from a fan of a club that has consistency stamped all over it.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member117No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2017Aug 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Jimmy Ledgard would have caught that.:

Quote: FFA "Bang on with this one game too many rubbish, we've hardly played more games than Sheffield. We were just exposed today by a far better, more entertaining outfit who knew how to attack and defend neither which we have got right bar a handful of games. We've been involved in so many dreadful games i've lost count and our attacking play needs a whole revamp, its slow, one paced and generally dull and our defence today was nothing short of disgraceful and i hope they know they've let a lot of people down today we at least deserve commitment and that was lacking in abundance

I'd look at a winger to replace Reittie who is a joke of a player at times offers nothing only making yards in 'easy' games and never looks like scoring a try. A couple of centres who have a bit of pace and power, always preffered Paterson on the wing and Tyrer doesn't really cut it for me as a top class centre. Heaton is probably too slow for the backs really

The half backs need seriously looking at handforth is just not good enough for me especially at stand off, bang average at controlling a game and doesn't create tries how many times have we seen a centre or winger get put away ala Holroyd or Branighan. We never have a move of any sort and he can't use his line to save his life but he gets away with it being by doing one or two good things per game which blind many fans to his deficiencies. Thackery is a support player and unfortunately the best part of his game is his kick chase

The forwards have been half decent; Ambler and Barlow are good players at this level and Divorty has been impressive. Ashall fell away dramatically and Robinson is abit of a flat track bully at times making yards in easier games while falling away in tough game, but all have shown they are good enough at times. Manning has been far and away most impressive for me

We'll miss Penky hugely as again he's been our only real creative outlet at times with Gannon been consistent once more. I'd look at releasing Bowman as he seems to be going nowhere with us, needs to play some regular games in a regular position but as a half back he isn't creative enough (probably not even near a danny jones level player which is saying something) and Casey has shown up half decent in last few weeks at second row before today but has had a poor season on the whole.

Overall would be looking at

Sounds to me like poor coaching.

icon_wink.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2714No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2019Aug 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Others/g23.gif
:Others/g23.gif

Quote: Nineoiler "Sounds to me like poor coaching.

Sack Fax. a026.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach42No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200817 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2015Nov 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: a.n Other "After performance by the team like that, and you pick Worrincy out? He is still our best winger by far, and still one of the best wingers in the League. I hope you dont buy a season ticket next year, as it will mean that we still have Rob in the team.'"

If he is our best winger we are in real trouble...the guy did not want to play. At one point they were abot to play the ball and he was strolling back to his line playing with another ball...that is one ofthe reasonsi dont want him back. He "would not" tackle Yere, if he had tried i would not of minded but he seemed to just let him run past him the whole game...never mind his catching abaility, which is one of the most important parts of Rugby and he cant do it. He has been a waste of a great potential talent

MP
RankPostsTeam
International Chairman2117No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
1231.gif
:1231.gif

Quote: lfcnige "If he is our best winger we are in real trouble...the guy did not want to play. At one point they were abot to play the ball and he was strolling back to his line playing with another ball...that is one ofthe reasonsi dont want him back. He "would not" tackle Yere, if he had tried i would not of minded but he seemed to just let him run past him the whole game...never mind his catching abaility, which is one of the most important parts of Rugby and he cant do it. He has been a waste of a great potential talent'"

icon_iamwithstupid.gif icon_frustrated.gif icon_beat.gif Amazing.

MP
RankPostsTeam
International Chairman2117No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
1231.gif
:1231.gif

Quote: chris_smith "In all honesty this performance is like many this season but previously its been against poorer opposition and we've undeservedly stolen a last gasp win. Yes the league is competitive but when we've played the good teams weve looked pretty average at times. I'd say we've probably only put in one complete 80 minute performance all season and that was at Blackpool. We need that intensity every week or close to it.

For me York away was poor, Leigh at home, both Keighleys at home, Swinton away, I could worryingly go on and name a few more. However for me this year has been for the majority pretty disappointing with only glimpses of promise. However I will judge on what goes on next year as the team transition into a new era, coach etc was a big shift from the old culture and Rome wasn't built in a day.

Our half backs were my biggest disappointment as they simply have mis-fired all season and never really looked like clicking. Plus our offload and phase 2 has been in the main poor. The one thing I expected to improve but at times has also been woeful is the defence and in particular goal line defence, this has been at times abysmal. The major worry now is that our main game breaker has now gone and on today's performance nobody else out there will take that mantle so I hope they have a master stroke of a replacement lined up!!

Had this not been Harrison's first season In charge as well as being a cult hero at Fax I think questions would be getting asked about the way the season has limped and stuttered along. Remember We used our get out of jail card to reach the NRC final and things could have been very different.

Today we absolutely lacked enthusiasm and motivation and I'm always concerned when a team look disinterested and unmotivated on the field. To me a coach also motivates his team and installs belief and passion so where was it today??

Don't get me wrong I'm not pushing the panic button and I believe (hope) that Karl is the right man to take us forward. I think after a year in charge though he probably now realises the task he has to get us anywhere near Fevs consistency end fluidity on the pitch is a big one.

Overall 5/10 for me for the season and fingers crossed for a few changes. I think we just need a few Tweeks here and their but next year needs to be much more consistent on the field.

Leigh I think have overtaken us as their halves and Pivots for next year are quality.

Big improvement required.'"

100% agree.

RankPostsTeam
International Star111No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201114 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2012Sep 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

dreadfull no halfbacks and no creatvity. Feel sorry for the big guys they have nbo one taking them around the field.

Big changes next year needed.

RankPostsTeam
International Star151No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2019Aug 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: lfcnige "If he is our best winger we are in real trouble...the guy did not want to play. At one point they were abot to play the ball and he was strolling back to his line playing with another ball...that is one ofthe reasonsi dont want him back. He "would not" tackle Yere, if he had tried i would not of minded but he seemed to just let him run past him the whole game...never mind his catching abaility, which is one of the most important parts of Rugby and he cant do it. He has been a waste of a great potential talent'"

the 'attempted' tackle on yere was appalling but there were many worse players than worrincy who IS without a doubt our best winger.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1030No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 201015 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2014Jul 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

www.dogwalkingsheffield.co.uk:

If you dont want him,Id have him back,Wouldnt mind seeing Menzie with Worrincy at the side of him,Would be interesting,Would be like a black version of "Twins" the film,Menzie would look after him.Is Worrincy like Arnie though?

50 posts in 4 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin
50 posts in 4 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.3505859375:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
ALL NEW 49ERS ERA LEEDS UTD THREAD
tad rhino
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC