FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

FORUMS > Halifax Panthers > Our Season in doubt?
33 posts in 3 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin
RankPostsTeam
Club Coach9462
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
13050.gif
[b:112mouem][color=#0000FF:112mouem][size=100:112mouem] "Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."― Albert Einstein[/size:112mouem] [/color:112mouem][/b:112mouem] [b:112mouem][color=#0000FF:112mouem][size=100:112mouem] "Everybody gets so much information all day long that they lose their common sense." ― Gertrude Stein[/size:112mouem][/color:112mouem][/b:112mouem] [b:112mouem][color=#0000FF:112mouem][size=100:112mouem] "Don't believe everything you read on the internet" ― Abraham Lincoln [/size:112mouem][/color:112mouem][/b:112mouem]:13050.gif

Quote: justthebasicfax "Many people on here work 5 days a week full time and play sport at the weekends also, they also train midweek, 2 nights, maybe more, surely you can also see its not ideal 'if' they haven't trained this week as a team. I know many sports clubs that wouldn't pick people if they hadnt attended training, for a semi professional side not to train is a bizarre state of affairs. I dont think its a case of reading more into it than there is, were reading into it whats been reported.'"

They were given the time off as a reward for how they performed on Sunday and also giving them time to recover. It would have had no adverse affect on them i feel and we would have been ok with just the light session on Saturday.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1411No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2019Apr 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
45840_1366545260.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_45840.jpg

Quote: Greg Florimos Boots "They were given the time off as a reward for how they performed on Sunday and also giving them time to recover. It would have had no adverse affect on them i feel and we would have been ok with just the light session on Saturday.'"

hmm, ok, i dont think theres much point us getting onto each other, we disagree. Perhaps i expect too much. Rich is right on this one though, well see the effects for ourselves tomorrow, theres a lot of ammunition for folks now though if they dont back Damian Ball and give it everything.

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman1309No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2020Oct 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

We are dealing with semi pro athletes here and I'm sure the preparation they have had over the last few weeks stands them in good stead. They above everyone need to be very professional about the situation we are in currently. Bally and co just need to pick the best possible team to give us 3 points.
I just want to also say the timing is a little strange BUT having had the privilege of working closely with the board for FaxBuilder they are all very dedicated and ambitious individuals as well as being successful businessmen. I personally am excited about what the ensuing days and weeks bring. The board I have worked with this season have done everything in their power to ensure a successful club on and off the field. Many know my opinions of MC and what he lacked in terms of his communication skills as well as his club commerciality i.e. Speaking to sponsors and addressing the diners. I am firmly in the belief the board firmly have this under control and have a successor lined up that will steer us through our next period. Yes look back on the last few seasons fondly but also look forward to what's around the corner. I think with the resources MC had especially in the previous 2 seasons that he should have achieved more. On the other hand I still watched my club attend 3 finals. I wish Matt all the best but think he had taken the club as far as he could. I welcome with open arms whoever we appoint and look forward to this coach working closely with the trust to help us help the club even more. Let's applaud the board for a very brave decision and one which obviously hasnt come easy. Come on lets pull together and move forward together.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1411No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2019Apr 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
45840_1366545260.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_45840.jpg

Quote: chris_smith "We are dealing with semi pro athletes here and I'm sure the preparation they have had over the last few weeks stands them in good stead. They above everyone need to be very professional about the situation we are in currently. Bally and co just need to pick the best possible team to give us 3 points.
I just want to also say the timing is a little strange BUT having had the privilege of working closely with the board for FaxBuilder they are all very dedicated and ambitious individuals as well as being successful businessmen. I personally am excited about what the ensuing days and weeks bring. The board I have worked with this season have done everything in their power to ensure a successful club on and off the field. Many know my opinions of MC and what he lacked in terms of his communication skills as well as his club commerciality i.e. Speaking to sponsors and addressing the diners. I am firmly in the belief the board firmly have this under control and have a successor lined up that will steer us through our next period. Yes look back on the last few seasons fondly but also look forward to what's around the corner. I think with the resources MC had especially in the previous 2 seasons that he should have achieved more. On the other hand I still watched my club attend 3 finals. I wish Matt all the best but think he had taken the club as far as he could. I welcome with open arms whoever we appoint and look forward to this coach working closely with the trust to help us help the club even more. Let's applaud the board for a very brave decision and one which obviously hasnt come easy. Come on lets pull together and move forward together.'"

eusa_clap.gif apart from prep over the weeks being enough. It might be....I hope so....

RankPostsTeam
International Star155No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2013Nov 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

This decision does seem very strange ....

We all know that the start of the season was very poor and in all honesty Matt was probably lucky to keep his job - if the money had been there I am sure he would have been shown the door. (Lets be honest there were enough on here calling for his head).

I understand that Matt has a good job over in Rochdale and maybe both he and the club knew we was not the man to take us to the next level.

If we get a licence on Tuesday and its a big IF ..... I believe Noble will be the coach - and a top coach at that - he will have a blank canvas to work with and the necessary funds. If a licence comes on Tuesday we are already behind and the club will need to look to 2012 very quickly - this is just not with the playing squad but from Top to Bottom.

If this is not the case I doubt very much can have happened in a week - after all we were all more than happy with last weekend (apart from the result)

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member18789No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2023Mar 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2690.jpg
:2690.jpg

Quote: chris_smith "We are dealing with semi pro athletes here and I'm sure the preparation they have had over the last few weeks stands them in good stead. They above everyone need to be very professional about the situation we are in currently. Bally and co just need to pick the best possible team to give us 3 points.
I just want to also say the timing is a little strange BUT having had the privilege of working closely with the board for FaxBuilder they are all very dedicated and ambitious individuals as well as being successful businessmen. I personally am excited about what the ensuing days and weeks bring. The board I have worked with this season have done everything in their power to ensure a successful club on and off the field. Many know my opinions of MC and what he lacked in terms of his communication skills as well as his club commerciality i.e. Speaking to sponsors and addressing the diners. I am firmly in the belief the board firmly have this under control and have a successor lined up that will steer us through our next period. Yes look back on the last few seasons fondly but also look forward to what's around the corner. I think with the resources MC had especially in the previous 2 seasons that he should have achieved more. On the other hand I still watched my club attend 3 finals. I wish Matt all the best but think he had taken the club as far as he could. I welcome with open arms whoever we appoint and look forward to this coach working closely with the trust to help us help the club even more. Let's applaud the board for a very brave decision and one which obviously hasnt come easy. Come on lets pull together and move forward together.'"

Wot he said
eusa_clap.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach6698No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2017Feb 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
46669_1419854573.jpg
And Behold, a pale horse. And on his back his name was death. The weekend starts on a Monday.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_46669.jpg

icon_motor.gif

I agree, although I'm not sure a successful coach should be judged on,

"communication skills as well as his club commerciality i.e. Speaking to sponsors and addressing the diners."

Leave that for those who can and leave him to coach.

icon_biggrin.gifANCE:

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman1309No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2020Oct 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: halifaxjohn "icon_motor.gif

I agree, although I'm not sure a successful coach should be judged on,

"communication skills as well as his club commerciality i.e. Speaking to sponsors and addressing the diners."

Leave that for those who can and leave him to coach.

Sorry but I disagree entirely. In sport your product is it's brand and ultimately the brand is made or broke by it's players/coaching staff. Fans want an affinity with it's "heroes" and sponsors want there piece too for ploughing money into the brand. Having a coach that advocates leaving straight after a game and not talking to ultimately the people who pays his wages is an absolute travesty. Therefore to me this element is absolutely critical. Leigh as a club is extremely successful at this and fans have a great affinity with their players because of it and this is completely down to Ian Millward instilling this into his squad. An area we falter in but it will and must improve if our marketing is to improve too.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach6698No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2017Feb 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
46669_1419854573.jpg
And Behold, a pale horse. And on his back his name was death. The weekend starts on a Monday.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_46669.jpg

Quote: chris_smith "Sorry but I disagree entirely. In sport your product is it's brand and ultimately the brand is made or broke by it's players/coaching staff. Fans want an affinity with it's "heroes" and sponsors want there piece too for ploughing money into the brand. Having a coach that advocates leaving straight after a game and not talking to ultimately the people who pays his wages is an absolute travesty. Therefore to me this element is absolutely critical. Leigh as a club is extremely successful at this and fans have a great affinity with their players because of it and this is completely down to Ian Millward instilling this into his squad. An area we falter in but it will and must improve if our marketing is to improve too.'"

icon_motor.gif

O'k, I'm wrong,

Job description.

Must be able to meet and speak with the public.
Must be able to talk and sell the club to the sponsors.
Must attend after game receptions and mingle with the crowd.

Where do I get an application form from?

icon_biggrin.gifANCE:

RankPostsTeam
International Star3533
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2023Jul 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
51701_1323356561.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_51701.jpg

The coach is the flagship for the team and therfore must be accessible to all, yes he needs to coach but in this day and age he needs to do more. If he was Wayne Bennett then he could maybe get away with it but even he speaks to sponsors etc.
Matt has done a reasonable job but there are a lot of us who feel that with the personnel he has had at the club over the last 3 years that he has underachieved. I do thank him for the finals and the attacking rugby but we now need somebody else to take onwards and upwards.

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman33727No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2022May 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
1034_1335734906.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_1034.jpg

I think you're doing a bit of a dis-service to some of your players in regards to the training situation. They wouldn't come up with performances like last week if they weren't professional in what they do, so I'd fully expect they've been doing their own recovery, rehab and conditioning since the final before a tactical run-through this morning as a team.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member18789No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2023Mar 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2690.jpg
:2690.jpg

Quote: Leyther_Matt "rehab '"

We told nashy to go to rehab but he said no no no.

Ooooh, topical that.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach6698No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2017Feb 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
46669_1419854573.jpg

Quote: Norman Bates "The coach is the flagship for the team and therfore must be accessible to all, yes he needs to coach but in this day and age he needs to do more. If he was Wayne Bennett then he could maybe get away with it but even he speaks to sponsors etc.
Matt has done a reasonable job but there are a lot of us who feel that with the personnel he has had at the club over the last 3 years that he has underachieved. I do thank him for the finals and the attacking rugby but we now need somebody else to take onwards and upwards.'"

icon_motor.gif

The coach is the flagship for the team?

icon_biggrin.gifOH:

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman33727No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2022May 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
1034_1335734906.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_1034.jpg

Quote: littlerich "We told nashy to go to rehab but he said no no no.

Ooooh, topical that.'"

May you be struck down in the night. The drugs don't work.

RankPostsTeam
International Star3533
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2023Jul 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
51701_1323356561.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_51701.jpg

Quote: halifaxjohn "icon_motor.gif

The coach is the flagship for the team?

Meaning that he should be the leader off the pitch and be the first to speak to the press/sponsors etc.

33 posts in 3 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
33 posts in 3 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.10888671875:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
This weeks disciplinary
Captain Hook
5m
Game - Song Titles
Wanderer
6m